PDA

View Full Version : The whole site should be revamped for BDoY

Vid Gamer
06-04-04, 01:48
Upgrading the forums (and adding in a color scheme soon hopefully) is a good start, but a whole revamp of the main site should be introduced with BDoY. Right now, the main site has been the site for ages, and lacks any noticable BDoY anticipation other then the news on the bottom. It also lacks some of the "flash" of other, newer MMO's that are coming out.

BDoY is bascially going to be Neocron reborn, so I think a site overhaul is something that Neocron needs also to show that KK are moving forward and supporting Neocron and BDoY as well.

What do ya'll think?

sparrowtm
06-04-04, 01:50
I think this has to be 5-starred. The Neocron-site is boring, static, many pieces of information are outdated, have I mentioned boring and static? :)

Kenjuten
06-04-04, 01:54
I hope KK can do a good job on the website when BDOY comes out... :D

(OT) Btw Sparrow, wtf's with your avatar? :lol:

Edit: Note how the 'similar' threads below have almost nothing to do with this thread.. O_o

Benjie
06-04-04, 01:54
I remember that a member of Reakktor said It will be updated for DoY quite a long time ago.

~Drav~
06-04-04, 01:59
To be honest, I like the N site as it is because i know the site, i know my way around fast etc and im used to the layout, but yeh, its bland and boring :( As far as a game site is, I quite like This site (http://biosfear.tiscali.co.uk) and some of the BF1942 sites. Also the deus ex 1 and 2 sites i thought were great. Flashy etc, but they all kinda lack the practicality of the current NC site.

Jesterthegreat
06-04-04, 02:54
with the expansion some chages would be good... but i wouldnt call it a priority :)

Vid Gamer
06-04-04, 02:58
with the expansion some chages would be good... but i wouldnt call it a priority :)

I would consider a revamp one of the main priorities other then releasing and maintaining BDoY itself. People usually visit the game's site before anything, so to attract new players I feel the site should be modernized, and not just graphically either, but more information, correct information, trailers, etc.

NS_CHROME54
06-04-04, 03:50
the most definitive, all inclusive answer i can give to this question is this...

DUH.

this site has been around since the beginning of retail, and frankly i'm sick of it. OVERHAUL! OVERHAUL! OVERHAUL!

phunqe
06-04-04, 08:59
To be honest my perspective and initial opinion of a game is not affected by fancy flash animations.
Flash animations have become what they are called, "flashy". Nothing more.
Fancy websites just imply trouble, such as "You must have IE version 6.000234b34.2 to view this page".

Pure HTML + traditional image art = skill.

Sure, flash animations require skill as well, but they have nothing to do with homepage creation and html in my opinion.

I want to be able to read a page on my smartphone if I so desire. HTML and traditional image art allows me to do this (also including CSS). With pure HTML and CSS, you can accomplish a kick ass home page.

Everytime I see a webpage that says "Requires IE" or "Best viewed in XXXX YYYY pixels" I just want to strangle someone. Grrrr I get upset only thinking of it.

Lanigav
06-04-04, 11:59
The format of the site is just fine, but it could use a bit of an overhaul.

msdong
06-04-04, 12:03
i agree in the uppdate of the NC site but PLEASE - no flash and musics and shockwave.
i would change the main informations a little with a new DoY logo and remove the 3 news sections with one big news. but thats all.

this HTML/PHP thing is good. it works on every pc on every OS.
if you want to see a bad site imo then look planetside.com
turn off plugins and look it again. ahhh to what game belongs that site ?

El_MUERkO
06-04-04, 13:15
I'd like to see a more interactive front page which is more interconnected to the forums and has game related stuff like a map where we can view who owns what ops on each of the servers like on the planetside webpage, this would allow people to see who took their OP and when :)

Jesterthegreat
06-04-04, 15:03
i agree in the uppdate of the NC site but PLEASE - no flash and musics and shockwave.
agreed.

we dont need to go flashy and overcompensate, thinking it will appeal to more people...

i like the website still... it does need updated info, maybe a wee graphics overhaul, but it doesnt need to be turned into some moving, animated beast O_o

hinch
06-04-04, 15:10
well the current site is just based off phpnuke

so why dont some of you go look up nuke and try making a doy based template for it

(btw there is a template around somewhere for doy already its green i believe)

msdong
06-04-04, 15:39
... and has game related stuff like a map where we can view who owns what ops on each of the servers like on the planetside webpage,...

that are cool options but they dont belong on the TOP page. if its done with a gfx ok, but i think a link to the interactive pages is better.

edit
hmm, its postnuke ... never sah that before :)

shodanjr_gr
06-04-04, 17:49
DUH.

^^^^What he said, 5 * ^^^^^

NS_CHROME54
06-04-04, 23:09
With pure HTML and CSS, you can accomplish a kick ass home page.

Everytime I see a webpage that says "Requires IE" or "Best viewed in XXXX YYYY pixels" I just want to strangle someone. Grrrr I get upset only thinking of it.

Some open source browsers, like firefox, have problems with CSS. So restricting a site to IE and Netscape only, even when using only proven web standards, is a good idea, as there are browsers that don't completely support all the standards.