PDA

View Full Version : Attachments in this forum! yeey!

BramTops
05-04-04, 23:13
We can now upload pics and other related stuf with posts!

See here (http://forum.neocron.com/announcement.php?f=2&announcementid=109) for more info.

I really really want to urge everyone to be responsible with this and not abuse the system. It's very useful to people without webspace, and it saves a lot of time for the ones who do have webspace.

Jest
05-04-04, 23:14
Yah its cool, havent seen any one use it yet though. Was wondering when some one was gonna make a thread about an annoucement thats been up for a day. ;)

Kasumi
05-04-04, 23:23
An option for "Profile Picture" too, is that option staying?? http://www.kaomoji.net/kaoanidata/leicat02.gif The "Similiar Threads" thing is interesting too! I like the new forum! ^_^

Dribble Joy
05-04-04, 23:26
No more stuffing my pics on uploadit.org.

Good stuff.

Invertigo
05-04-04, 23:38
so uh... how do you do it?

i go to user CP and it just says i dont have any attachments... doesnt let me add any or anything...

Tratos
05-04-04, 23:44
When your posting you go to the bottom and click Attachment manager

and upload your file and click it to attach it to that post

i.e i have my desktop as an attachment on this post, you simply click the "attachment" thumbnail at the bottom of the post to view it :)

~Tratos

/deletd attachment

40$Poser
05-04-04, 23:48
http://atgmusic.net/images/lil%20john.gif

WHAAAAAAT?!?!?

OKAY, SKEET SKEET SKEET

awesome news i must say

Dribble Joy
05-04-04, 23:50
omg!!!

Jest
05-04-04, 23:58
Cool it has a paperclip on the main page showing there is an attachment inside. This new forum is starting to grow on me. :D

Kasumi
05-04-04, 23:59
omg!!!
You have an interesting and cute form of art if I may give my opinion.. :)

amfest
05-04-04, 23:59
LOL the forum is going to crash now thanks to BramTops making a post about this (like 80% of th epeople actually notice the announcements or stickys at the top ..lol) because now everyone and their dog is going to start uploading at the same time for attachements :p

but it's a good thing really but I'm sure there will be some bad eggs ;)

btw kasumi what is the character from your avatar from? or orginal?

Dribble Joy
06-04-04, 00:04
I am really likeing the new forum.

Liked it from the start, even during the first few hours when it was all wierd, now I really like it.

The auto login is cool, dont have to reenter username and pw everytime I open a new IE window or not post for a few mins.

amfest
06-04-04, 00:09
The auto login is cool, dont have to reenter username and pw everytime I open a new IE window or not post for a few mins.
I saw you mention that in another post and I honestly don't know what you're talking about. Cause my login stayed on the old forum forever. Unless I cleared out every single one of my cookies. I was logged in for months without a single login. ;)

Judge
06-04-04, 00:19
Thats a pretty cool pic dribble. :)

amfest
06-04-04, 00:24
I'm curious. Can you use an attachment as an img link in another post? And if so couldn't people use this function in some way as a way to store their personal sigs instead there? Like if it's possible a sticky could be made entitled Sig attachment Storage and people can just post their sigs in attachments and then link to them.

Cytaur
06-04-04, 00:32
wow cool :)

amfest
06-04-04, 00:41
TESTING

http://forum.neocron.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=303

COOL you can link to it with the url to the attachment. People don't have to look for sig storage anymore :D

Now if the moderators would make a sticky Titled Sig Attachment Storage we'd be set.

Oh damn n/m it didn't work . . it showed up in the editor by not on the post :(

Invertigo
06-04-04, 02:04
I am really likeing the new forum.

Liked it from the start, even during the first few hours when it was all wierd, now I really like it.

i never had that problem with the old forum...prolly just you :rolleyes: