PDA

View Full Version : I miss the orange forum text :(

bounty
05-04-04, 21:06
I find the latest version of the forums a lot more difficult to read with the grey background. Maybe i'm picky but the orange with grey background was a lot easier to read and pick out articles. Plus there was a difference between sticky threads and non-sticky threads that isn't apparent anymore. I'm sure this runs smoother and all that but wow, i really don't care for this at all. :mad:

hivemind
05-04-04, 21:14
Ahhh THAT's what's different.

I too liked the orange text. :(

Netphreak
05-04-04, 21:18
Yeah i prefered the old forums colour sceme. The text was easy to read and the background was really dark with a very cyberpunk feel to it.

Kenjuten
05-04-04, 21:59
I'm sure the devs are working on this situation...

L0KI
05-04-04, 22:29
agreed.

I'm colour blind, and this shit fucks up my eyes.

Hence why i havent been on the forums in a while :(

Al3X
05-04-04, 22:40
same here... it hurts my eyes :(

amfest
05-04-04, 22:43
The topics are going to be orange again along with a few other styles or so I heard. When they first started this new forum there was a style option for a while that was labeled Something dev that you could choose and it had the topics in Orange at least and I was finding it soooo much better. But after a while the choice disappeared and the forum reverted back to the other look :( . I'll just wait till they are finished with the different styles and such.

Drake6k
05-04-04, 22:46
I miss the colors... and the old PM system. It was so easy to know who was on and all that. Maybe I'm dumb o_O

Invertigo
05-04-04, 22:47
me to, i have a hard time seeing whats going on because im so stupid :lol:

just kinda gets confusing...

amfest
05-04-04, 22:56
I miss the colors... and the old PM system. It was so easy to know who was on and all that. Maybe I'm dumb o_O
the old PM system? I personally like the new one. At least now also you don't have to tell people hey! clear out your PM box cause they can see how much storage they have left also It's not as hard to miss that you actually have a SENT box. on the old forum it just wasn't obvious and people woudl go huh SENT/OUT box? I'm not sure about the buddy thing cause I only have one person on buddy and I hardly see them :\

icarium
05-04-04, 23:05
tbh this new theme sucks

t0tt3
05-04-04, 23:07
Well was it orange only? hmm dont like the new theme either.. Like the functions but the new color scheme is sorta crazy =/

BramTops
05-04-04, 23:15
uhm.... i like this new theme.... and it can only get better.. ;)

just some getting used to people..

FuzzyDuck
05-04-04, 23:16
yeah I find this one difficult to read too.

+300 sex meh.

Vampire222
05-04-04, 23:24
their working on the forum layout atm i think

amfest
06-04-04, 00:06
Don't take what you see now as concrete. they did say give them a week or so. Also there is another post concerning the forum look and such This maybe should of been posted in that instead.

GT_Rince
06-04-04, 00:07
I'm with everyone else - I hate this new scheme... Every post and topic just seems to roll into the next.

Vid Gamer
06-04-04, 00:09
Right now the problem is the forums are too bland.

The layout and functionality are better, we're just confused because we used the old format forever, but once you get used to it I feel the forums are better... we just need a new color layout now. lol

Nidhogg
06-04-04, 00:09
I'm with everyone else - I hate this new scheme... Every post and topic just seems to roll into the next.
Everyone? :wtf: We have all kinds of plans for new forum themes, so watch this space.

N

-FN-
06-04-04, 00:23
I know I was used to the old forum style, and I'm trying to get used to the new one, but I hope a theme is applied soon.

My only gripe really is the lack of colour coding that the old one used to have. It's hard for me to tell where the STICKY threads stop because it's not in bold and there's nothing to really distinguish where the text, which is grey on grey, and mostly looks the same stops. Also, threads I haven't read yet had an orangeish sticking out appeal to them and when that stopped on the left side, I knew I had already read those threads... It's a little harder to tell now.

*shrug* still trying to get used to it. If you're gonna make a theme change, please do it soon so I don't have to get used to something yet again :p

Benjie
06-04-04, 00:37
While I know they are working on the forum design, and that this isn't permanent, I would like them to acknoweledge that I prefere the orange cyberpunk feel. It looked really good.

[CONTROVERCY WARNING]I really like the Text colour on the [Edited] Forums.

Ulle
06-04-04, 00:46
*grins*

I am glad i sent my copbot suit to the workshop to get the visor fitted with an orange tint. The forum is looking sweet like this. :D

Although, people are all looking like David Dickinson, starting to see the downside of applying it to my normal suit, I don't want anymore bobby dazzlers i tell ya!

*goes back to modding*

Jesterthegreat
06-04-04, 00:50
ill throw in my "it was better in my day" too...

i prefered the old forums :(

Benjie
06-04-04, 00:56
i prefered the old forums :(

Graphically I agree.

It's the small differences I like.
The views number is no longer useless.
It seems marginly quicker to download everything, athlough that might be me being superstitious or stupid.
Plus there are hordes of new (and useless) features, which is always good.

RayBob
06-04-04, 03:43
Agreed. The new layout is difficult to read. I also preferred having the thread starter listed in its own column rather than under the thread title. The articles are too spread out vertically and it is not easy to see where the unstickied threads begin.

garyu69
06-04-04, 03:46
I'm finding that i am not wanting to read everything on the new setup as it just seems a lot more effort than before :(

Kenjuten
06-04-04, 06:23
This is why I upgraded my resolution... :lol:

It seems a lot easier to read everything once you get a higher res to view stuff with. I guess the only problem with high res is images get real tiny sometimes. o.o

Original monk
06-04-04, 09:01
forum is nice and all, very fancy with all the new option, very nice

BUT

snif :( the colour ! snif snif

i want my orange back lol

t0tt3
06-04-04, 10:27
But the forum is comming along tho..

Moved the rep/bad post buttos to quote but the BIGGEST change is the white border above all posts that they made black/grey now, keep on the good work Ulle :cool:

Btw why are the sticky notes on the right side under rating shouldnt it be before the sticky on the left side O_o

Garg [RogueNET]
06-04-04, 10:49
the old forums were better.... =(

Jesterthegreat
06-04-04, 14:50
This is why I upgraded my resolution... :lol:

It seems a lot easier to read everything once you get a higher res to view stuff with. I guess the only problem with high res is images get real tiny sometimes. o.o

i run at 1024 x 786 (or whatever it is) asthats all my shitty monitor can handle (old one blew up on me... awaiting payday fro proper replacement)

everythings small... and i still cant deal ith reading it all...

im a forum junkie here... and i dont like this new look.

the rep system is a popularity contest, the look in general is too... crowded? is that the word?

i like the "x people are viewing this thread" thing, thats good, and although i havent used the anander that could be useful

overall i would say it was something that didnt need to be done... and maybe shouldn't ave been done

:edit: see attatchment for the use o the rep system O_o

i have one proper comment there, one blank one (which is for a poist i made pretty much saying nothing...) and 2 bad comments (with stupid comments) about a post on reps...

popularity contest i tell ya :rolleyes:

Nightbrother
06-04-04, 14:57
I get headaches rather quickly from reading the new forum, but maybe it's just a phase that will pass, until I have grown accustomed to it. Right now, I exit quickly again, and can't be bothered to read the new posts.

Think the problem is lack of color. As someone else mentioned also, it's too bland (for me anyway).

Birkoff
06-04-04, 15:06
Wait till they add more themes :)

Promethius
06-04-04, 15:51
I find the latest version of the forums a lot more difficult to read with the grey background. Maybe i'm picky but the orange with grey background was a lot easier to read and pick out articles. Plus there was a difference between sticky threads and non-sticky threads that isn't apparent anymore. I'm sure this runs smoother and all that but wow, i really don't care for this at all. :mad:

Dont post for a few weeks and they go changing everything on me. Orange text was teh win. Now its harder to read and i'm havin trouble navigating through threads and heading back to Community talk. I dunno guess it jsut takes getting use to.

Edit: just figured out how to get back forth woohoo. Still miss the orange tho.

Original monk
06-04-04, 16:05
Edit: just figured out how to get back forth woohoo. Still miss the orange tho.

hehe, im getting there also :)

slow but steady

kurai
06-04-04, 16:07
I think the biggest problem for me is the excessive contrast between default background and body text.

i.e. White on very dark grey.

The old background wasn't too dissimilar, but the white was toned down a bit.

Not absolutley sure on this, but the font looks a little chunkier too - this may just be an optical illusion from the higher contrast though.

Anyway - end result ... current scheme is very hard on the eyes after even a short while.

~Drav~
06-04-04, 16:15
I think the biggest problem for me is the excessive contrast between default background and body text.

i.e. White on very dark grey.

The old background wasn't too dissimilar, but the white was toned down a bit.

Not absolutley sure on this, but the font looks a little chunkier too - this may just be an optical illusion from the higher contrast though.

Anyway - end result ... current scheme is very hard on the eyes after even a short while.
You can have orange if you want it :D