PDA

View Full Version : STORMbot rifles

cRazy2003
05-04-04, 19:02
yo all,
ive been thinking of my pointless shite again, and then i thought about the stormbot rifles, i think they should be a different weapon to the copbots
it would be a lot more kooler, for example have a different looking rifle altogether, have the copbot rifle with a few more changed colors, and id like most for the stormbot rifle to have a different colour plasma burst, but have the same effect as the copbot rifle (how it looks like a holy paralysis :p )
id like the color to be white, since white plasma is a higher temperature then normal plasma, what do you think?

Parappa
05-04-04, 19:04
Pink would be t3h sexeh.

XSuneX
05-04-04, 19:18
There you go, one of each at time of this post.

JediMasta
05-04-04, 19:22
Rainbow !!!!

:wtf:

Devils Grace
05-04-04, 20:03
id like the color to be white, since white plasma is a higher temperature then normal plasma, what do you think?

u have seen plasma ??????? :confused: o_O :wtf: 8|

cRazy2003
05-04-04, 20:13
http://monet.physik.unibas.ch/~sum/plasma.gif

ya plasma is real ofc, the plasma balls n shit
and i read somewhere the highest temperature ever concieved on earth was made by white plasma, forgot the actual figure anyways, but plasma and white plasma is real yes

EDIT: from some internet site:
'For fusion to occur, atomic nuclei need to be heated to an extremely high temperature -- on the sun, it is 10 million to 15 million degrees Celsius. To reach such incredible temperatures here on Earth, scientists have devised experiments using lasers or powerful magnets to create a state of matter that is neither a solid, liquid, nor gas, but a very hot plasma -- a mixture of fast-moving nuclei and electrons'

:D

jiga
05-04-04, 20:20
me want plasma

dL9
05-04-04, 22:37
Here's an idea, instead of taking the easy way out and changing colors for variety, why don't they actually change the models a little bit? I'm prolly not the only one who's tired of seeing the SAME weapons 4 times (shittiest, shittier, shit and rare). I'm not sure what could be added or modified but it would make it more interesting and make KK look like they care.

Saza
05-04-04, 22:46
Pink would be t3h sexeh.

Hell yeah...

spongeb0b
05-04-04, 22:59
lol you actually went out of your way to find out about plasma? heh... erm yeh so does green plasma actually exsist? anas for the storm rifles they should not be plasma at all they should be rayguns like the demo... that would look sexeh :D

cRazy2003
05-04-04, 23:05
lol you actually went out of your way to find out about plasma? heh... erm yeh so does green plasma actually exsist? anas for the storm rifles they should not be plasma at all they should be rayguns like the demo... that would look sexeh :D

i didnt exactly go out of my way, i just searched for white plasma on google and looked at the first page i saw and the first pic :D
but i know plasmas do exist, i think i read where thehottest temp ever recorded was on guiness book of records or sumthin :p

Opar
05-04-04, 23:07
Give STORM bots Ravagers ffs.

Cytaur
06-04-04, 00:28
Give STORM bots Ravagers ffs.

yup, plasma waves instead of "out of nowhere" plasma :D

naimex
06-04-04, 00:30
yup, plasma waves instead of "out of nowhere" plasma :D

actually..

STORM Bot rifles are :

Beam Cannons

Point and click

You point.
Get Target
Press fire
A beam emits from the sky

(satellite weapons ?)

Scikar
06-04-04, 02:03
Give both CopBot and STORMBots regular plasma rifles but which fire different coloured shots. Like blue or something. If it means that people in the crossfire could get hurt, well isn't that just more realistic? If I was Reza I know I would gladly sacrifice a couple of random people in order to kill a known criminal/assassin/terrorist.

amfest
06-04-04, 02:13
Give both CopBot and STORMBots regular plasma rifles but which fire different coloured shots. Like blue or something. If it means that people in the crossfire could get hurt, well isn't that just more realistic? If I was Reza I know I would gladly sacrifice a couple of random people in order to kill a known criminal/assassin/terrorist.
I think it was because "surprise!!" too many people whined :D

Birkoff
06-04-04, 15:03
actually..

STORM Bot rifles are :

Beam Cannons

Point and click

You point.
Get Target
Press fire

(satellite weapons ?)

Fukkin A, kewl idea m8. So they can't be used inside ya?

BUT STILL PINK :)

jiga
06-04-04, 17:07
i wonder if u could make a real plasma rifle

cRazy2003
06-04-04, 18:06
i wonder if u could make a real plasma rifle

lol
doubt it
and if they did it would end up being gigantic with all the equiptment, and would be incredibly un-efficiant.
i still like the effect of the current cop and stormbot rifles, i just think a different color for the stormbot rifles then the copbot rifles would look much better

Marx
06-04-04, 19:45
Plasma as we see it is just superheated gas, there'd be no way to stick it in a controlled form over a distance.

Heavyporker
06-04-04, 20:33
not a gas, quite - its atomic nuclei - the electrons have been stripped away. gaseous, yes , but not a gas.

if you wanted to transmit a gaseous substance over a distance with control, you could have laminar flows or pump it out in toroids.

Just look it up.

And all plasma would be white because of the heat, (actually, you'd most likely only *see* plasma in an atmosphere because of contact with the cooler gases that still have their electrons - the plasma itself would be too hot for the electrons to be orbiting the nuclei (a requirement for the inital emission of light, see electromagnetic radiation and electron orbitals)

Darth Slayer
06-04-04, 23:20
Thank God your not Reeza then......... :lol:

Scikar
06-04-04, 23:35
Thank God your not Reeza then......... :lol:

... I'm not supposed to say this as a CA, but that's the kind of stuff he already does, which was my point. o_O

Kenjuten
06-04-04, 23:36
Trust me, Reza as he's supposed to be isn't much different.

Neocron just had to be slightly altered to cater to the (now gone) 'carebear' community of years ago.

He can likely nuke an area even with countless innocents in it simply to achieve a goal or an interest.

Dirus
07-04-04, 00:25

iirc they were at one time that way, however one of the reasons for the change was that people would annoy the copbots just to do that, getting the copbots to kill others via the cross-fire.. including low SL players in safe zones.

It's a pity when realisim has to be sacraficed to block exploits
:(

naimex
07-04-04, 00:29
iirc they were at one time that way, however one of the reasons for the change was that people would annoy the copbots just to do that, getting the copbots to kill others via the cross-fire.. including low SL players in safe zones.

I thought you fixed this by making the copbots "patrol" the zones.

If you need to prevent this further..

Solution :

Make Cop/storm bots use their extreme resists and body health to run around, to find a line of fire that doesnt hit innocent bystanders.

then of course there will still be a risk of dying in crossfire.. but isnt there always ?

Scikar
07-04-04, 00:33

But we won't have safe zones like that in DoY, right? Plus the people the CopBots will target won't be able to just GR right into Plaza 1 and set up that crossfire. At least people in areas where that could happen might learn to try not to stand between CopBots and areas a potential CopBot target might come from?

Also considering this is the only reason CopBots have rifles like that, why do MC5 mobs have them? There's little enough cover as it is without them shooting over the top of it. And as CopBot rifles are banned on the grounds of lagging people's FPS, surely it's not obvious that the same thing happens in MC5?

Ascension
07-04-04, 03:01
actually..

You point.
Get Target
Press fire

(satellite weapons ?)
in that case they shouldnt look like rifle.. but remote controls..

(Stormbot: hmm i think ill watch the local cybersports, WHOOPS wrong button)

*dead runner fizzles on floor*

J. Folsom
07-04-04, 20:41
Rainbow !!!!

:wtf:Rainbow !!!! (http://www.flammie.net/vse/rainbow-small.jpg)

... What?

:p

---

Neocron plasma is green, it might be boring, but it shouldn't just change colour since it's being shot by STORMBots.

Scikar
07-04-04, 21:19
Neocron plasma is green, it might be boring, but it shouldn't just change colour since it's being shot by STORMBots.

And Neocron ray beams are blue, it might be boring, but it shouldn't just change colour since it's being shot by DoY... oh wait, hang on a minute!

cRazy2003
07-04-04, 22:24
And Neocron ray beams are blue, it might be boring, but it shouldn't just change colour since it's being shot by DoY... oh wait, hang on a minute!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
u just pwnd him SO bad

StrongSad
07-04-04, 22:36
It was sweet when copbots would mow down several people before locking on. Now people just stand right next to the copbot and watch them shoot at red SL players. BORING.

Make the plasma.....white. :D

Duder
07-04-04, 22:40
If theres a fire fight against Copbots, i think the innocent bystanders would get the fuck out of the way, or else be gunned down. Of course, we cant have that can we.....