PDA

View Full Version : The de-emphasis on clans in BDoY...

RayBob
05-04-04, 15:38
KK has already said that with BDoY it will be Empire > Faction > Clan, but I hope they have a robust plan to support their new combat model. Without such support, the focus will remain on clans and all of the current problems will be repeated.

Here are a few things I think they need to do with BDoY:

1. add empire chat
2. severe penalties for intra-empire Pking, even in war zones
3. OPs should get your empire's label and not any one clan's label
4. hack messages and turret warnings should go to the entire empire and not any one clan
5. anyone can GR into the UG of any of their empire's OPs without synaptic impairment

Scikar
05-04-04, 15:43
Good points. Jernau and the other true neutral FA won't like it, but it's really all or nothing. Get clans working together and fighting for the good of the faction and empire rather than their own glory. Get the factions to compete with each other by way of how many OPs they take from enemies, and penalise them for taking an OP from allies (or make it impossible).

Also there should be some measures to discourage cross-empire alliances.

seratoz
05-04-04, 15:46
Can you imagine the OP battles with empire warnings............... oooooh *wets himself*

Man i can't wait if it gets set up that way

Devils Grace
05-04-04, 15:51
Can you imagine the OP battles with empire warnings............... oooooh *wets himself*

Man i can't wait if it gets set up that way

yea ur right

i can just see it from here, the great..............................................

LLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG :cool:

Scikar
05-04-04, 15:53
What lag? The new engine will be perfect and everyone will get uber FPS and ping! :rolleyes: :p

Devils Grace
05-04-04, 15:56
What lag? The new engine will be perfect and everyone will get uber FPS and ping! :rolleyes: :p

even on sundays ???

omg thats yuipiiii

Eledhbrant
05-04-04, 15:59
Of course Devils! And then we'll all leap over the rainbow and dance with the leprechauns!!!

Devils Grace
05-04-04, 16:15
Of course Devils! And then we'll all leap over the rainbow and dance with the leprechauns!!!

nahhhhh

u guyz are joking 8|

:lol:

Kenjuten
05-04-04, 19:00
I must stress that not all members of the empires will 100% adhere to the guidelines...

For example, MAYBE there's a chance for Tsunami and Black Dragons, or Biotech & Tangent, or Fallen Angels and Chran Sect, or NEXT & Protopharm to form an alliance, but it'll be mutual for the common enemy at best.

And I still see City Mercs as a complicated piece to the puzzle.

alig
05-04-04, 19:14
It's going to be weird, BD and TS are the two biggest factions on Uranus, the map is owned by both the factions (though there not the actual most populated factions, just no carebears in either faction, except spies of course :rolleyes: ).

If were going to be allied...it will majorly unbalance things on every server (well saturn and uranus for sure) as most people like to be the bad guys and not the copbot abbiding cigger0ids. It will take some doing to get a anti city clan to move to a pro city clan (NC) because i know that me and the guy next to me and the guy next to him want to see DoY and be a part of DoY....

Genty
05-04-04, 19:28
1. add empire chat

Tend to agree with that, obviously there would be massive risks to use it for any kind of force organization though.

Although I agree there should be penalties for this I feel some inter-empire rivalry is needed. Depends what you class as "severe" really.

3. OPs should get your empire's label and not any one clan's label

Disagree, although a DoY logo should go on DoY faction's OP's and a NC logo on the Neocron City faction OP's I don't think it should be the only thing on view to show who ownes it.

4. hack messages and turret warnings should go to the entire empire and not any one clan

I agree although I think this idea needs to be tweeked slightly.
a) The Clan should have an option to who it goes to, like only own faction, specific factions or the whole lot.
b) There should be a 1 minute lag time for the message to spread through to different factions.

5. anyone can GR into the UG of any of their empire's OPs without synaptic impairment

Again, this should be an option of the OP owners. They should control which factions get their special no impairment GR. IMO this privalage should be charged to the clan.

Brammers
05-04-04, 19:30
As an Fallen Angel, I'm not happy with the idea that we will loose out neutral status with a lot of Factions, and what is going to happen with Next and Fallen Angels.

City Mercs - well they are definatly pro-city to me.

To your points

1. Yes like the idea of empire chat.
2. Not sure - my character doesn't like Crahn for a lot of reasons, and it will be hard to give that grudge up.
3. Don't see the point of this - and I think no myself, stick to the clan and faction tag.
4. No not a good idea - See point 5.
5. No not a good idea - we will have the whole empire zerging.

Opar
05-04-04, 19:35
Its alreayd been announced that FALLEN ANGELS will be Anti-city, not neutral.

The same goes for CityMercs, but they will be pro-city.

Devils Grace
05-04-04, 19:40
ide say BD is the worst

Allied with Doy
enemy with CA
they are in the city
and they are enemy of teh factions allied to DoY

hmm

jiga
05-04-04, 19:49
good idea but there will always be some group of |/\//-\|\||<3R$ who will go around pking factions in their own empire. Im sure we can all think of clans like this... :rolleyes: