PDA

View Full Version : NeMa 10 Released

Iorghe
05-04-04, 15:21
NeMa 10 (Size: 9.75 MB (10.231.808 bytes)) (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=488&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0)

Have fun reading the magazine, I hope you all like it

Edit:Links should work now

El_MUERkO
05-04-04, 15:25
Still not working but the text of the link looks wrong with the "))[/" at the end of it, could this be a problem?

SirRah
05-04-04, 15:25
nope still not working

*edit* nm its working now :p

El_MUERkO
05-04-04, 15:26
Working now :)

Downloading. . .

Tratos
05-04-04, 15:26
Downloading now.

Thanks for the link to acrobat, lol didnt have it installed after reformat, heh

Looking forward to the read.

~Tratos

El_MUERkO
05-04-04, 15:46
Pretty sweet though no big suprises.

Two things of note, PIMP should spell faction with a 't' but you can forgive them that with all the boobies around Pepper Park I'm amased they do anything and unlike previous efforts I found the comic to be mildly amusing, I didnt know spells make sounds similar too popular file sharing utils though :)

I'd like to see faction council assitants and faction chairmen add more news too the nema though. On pluto and saturn theres been several shifts of power on the OP scene and some clans moving from one faction to another though they go unreported.

Tratos
05-04-04, 15:50
Really Nice.

<3 NeMa

~Tratos

Iorghe
05-04-04, 15:56
Pretty sweet though no big suprises.

Two things of note, PIMP should spell faction with a 't' but you can forgive them that with all the boobies around Pepper Park I'm amased they do anything and unlike previous efforts I found the comic to be mildly amusing, I didnt know spells make sounds similar too popular file sharing utils though :)

I'd like to see faction council assitants and faction chairmen add more news too the nema though. On pluto and saturn theres been several shifts of power on the OP scene and some clans moving from one faction to another though they go unreported.

on the pimp add, i found some other mistakes, and i think the origin is not the original pimp add, but the reworker *coughs* Glares at mr. Nathrath *coughs*

To the reporting part of your post, If noone writes a report and mails it in, it will never be published. If some dude kills another dude, but there arent enough reporters, it wont be in the newspaper.

Really Nice.

<3 NeMa

~Tratos
Thanks, I'd like an ice cream with strawberry and banana ice ;)

msdong
05-04-04, 15:57
Spud and Felix .... :lol:

E:Similar Threads <-- is that new ?

phunqe
05-04-04, 16:06

ROFL :lol: :lol:

@Iorghe, good work as usual :)

And aaaaahaaa! THAT is why Jeriko's ASG is sunken into the ground. Never catched up on that :p

Iorghe
05-04-04, 16:12
Spud and Felix .... :lol:

E:Similar Threads <-- is that new ?

Thx and @ the edit yes it is new, I need to get used to this new forum aswell. so spiffy clean and informative .... :D

ROFL :lol: :lol:

@Iorghe, good work as usual :)

And aaaaahaaa! THAT is why Jeriko's ASG is sunken into the ground. Never catched up on that :p

Thx, but next edition I'm going to proof read the adverts that Holger has to redo, in order to find dumb spelling mistakes :)

SirRah
05-04-04, 16:24
heh very nice nema. especially the comic, that reminded me of my Italy journey :D

and im looking for the 2 next new nemas :D

Iorghe
05-04-04, 16:45
thx sirrah,

BTW @ everyone:
next nema Deadline 26 april 2004

hinch
05-04-04, 16:57
your welcome to use the stuff outta my DOY vs NC thread somewhere half way down this page if you like i know the screenies arent in the quality you normally like/use but if its of any use to you help your self

Rieper
05-04-04, 17:01
good stuff :D

Dribble Joy
05-04-04, 17:05
Arrrrrr there be a skulls add in there arrrrrr.

Heavyporker
05-04-04, 17:50
Man.. Spud & Felix starting to make it to top of my fave cartoons...

though I might start drawing up some sort of cartoon to go along with it, its a crime that the NEMA doesn't have a right proper comics section. Gotta fooking finish those beverage and candy ad ideas I had.

and stories... even though I didn't really quite like "Journey of Fault" it was NICE! And moreover, it was a proper RP story.

Iorghe... think it'd be legal to cut&paste stuff from the RP forums, like my short stories? Cos it'd be right sexy to see my good stuff in the NEMA.

Iorghe
05-04-04, 17:54
Man.. Spud & Felix starting to make it to top of my fave cartoons...

though I might start drawing up some sort of cartoon to go along with it, its a crime that the NEMA doesn't have a right proper comics section. Gotta fooking finish those beverage and candy ad ideas I had.

and stories... even though I didn't really quite like "Journey of Fault" it was NICE! And moreover, it was a proper RP story.

Iorghe... think it'd be legal to cut&paste stuff from the RP forums, like my short stories? Cos it'd be right sexy to see my good stuff in the NEMA.
Spud and Felix is the NeMa cartoon section, which doesn't nessecerely mean it can't be expanded.

The Journal of Fault is not here this month because Fault had a couple of papers due last week and couldn't write down another chapter. In return he promised 2 chapters for next month.

Also for NeMa 12 (first year anniversary) I'm planning on some nice stuff. I just haven't made my mind up about what exactly ^^

As to your short stories, send me a mail for next months nema. I have some other priorities to attend to at this moment. If I like your stories, they will be published in NeMa and you will receive ingame payment for your work. (I tought this stuff was publicly known 8| )

hinch
05-04-04, 17:56
we'll settle for release of DOY :)

Geth
05-04-04, 18:05
Great issue, I expecially like the RP story about safe zones. I had always wondered how that worked.

I love the PIMP ad and its 1984 quote, but the editor that messed up must pay..grrr. :mad:

Beyond that the only downside was that the Honey-o-the-Month is back to looking like the average PP dancer. The last few issues of NeMa had super high quality pics, that bordered on the surreal. I do hope that the high res pics are a teaser for what the honey's will look like when BDoY comes out. :p *drool*

Iorghe
05-04-04, 18:09
the previous honeys were more like www.putasexlinkhere.com site picture that got mixed with a "randomuglyneocronhooker" picture and produced ... well in case of nema 8 a drom :p

Geth
05-04-04, 18:21
well in case of nema 8 a drom
*shudder* don't remind me..

Heavyporker
05-04-04, 18:30
tell me about it. I nearly fell out of my seat when I saw "Honey of the Month" and a drom in the same page. Let's never see that again.

Actually, about those honeys of the month, I have to admit that those "realistic" models kinda threw me off - looking too real, yet not real enough. Kinda like that Gigolo Joe guy in A.I.

May I suggest persuading Hugh Hefner to send over some of his bunnies for the anniversary edition of the NEMA?

Geth
05-04-04, 18:35
Actually, about those honeys of the month, I have to admit that those "realistic" models kinda threw me off - looking too real, yet not real enough. Kinda like that Gigolo Joe guy in A.I.

Playboy Bunnies are wonderful, but I sort of like the idea of surreal / inhuman NC hoes. They're suppose to be replicant clones anyways, so the unnatural look fits them so well.

Iorghe
05-04-04, 18:36
you may ask hugh heffner to do that...

and just for the sake off it, here is the high res version of that picture, especially for the fans :angel: :lol:

http://www.neocron.com/~floren/gfx/hotm0204.jpg

Heavyporker
05-04-04, 18:37
oh, that's just wrong.. just wrong.

anyway, wanted to ask if it would be ok if I sent in the same stories that I have in the RP forums, or will I have to write new ones?

Geth
05-04-04, 18:39
ARGH! MY EYES!!!!

Iorghe
05-04-04, 18:40
oh, that's just wrong.. just wrong.

anyway, wanted to ask if it would be ok if I sent in the same stories that I have in the RP forums, or will I have to write new ones?
you can send in the same ones.

one thing i'd like to ask of you, please let them pass (at least) the MS Word spelling checker, there are actually peoples submitting stuff without actually reading what the h*ll they just wrote. It's a real burden.

ARGH! MY EYES!!!!

As an ex-Pimp, you should have gotten used to such things... shouldn't you :p

Heavyporker
05-04-04, 18:45
Trust me, I write perfectly well in English. Hoity-toity as it may be, I feel a certain pride in it, an island of grammatical stability in all this linguistic chaos.

:P

Iorghe
05-04-04, 18:47
Trust me, I write perfectly well in English. Hoity-toity as it may be, I feel a certain pride in it, an island of grammatical stability in all this linguistic chaos.

:P

sex oneone?

:p
Good to know :D

Geth
05-04-04, 18:47
As an ex-Pimp, you should have gotten used to such things... shouldn't you
WHAT? I would never.. really...never... *runs*

SirRah
05-04-04, 20:31
you may ask hugh heffner to do that...

and just for the sake off it, here is the high res version of that picture, especially for the fans :angel: :lol:

ugly drom sex picture

OMG i can never have sex again! damn you and your cruel pics!

:p

.....oh sexy girls on TV... :angel:

msdong
05-04-04, 20:44
*shudder* don't remind me..

hey, everyone seemed to love that drom ...physicly :D

Archeus
05-04-04, 22:10
Bah no mention of Julia, even 1 line would of done. :p I even spell checked it.

darknessfairy
05-04-04, 22:53
I think that I should be honey of the month, next edition. Anyone who agrees say AYE!

Invertigo
05-04-04, 23:28
"all the TG generals putted their heads together"

sounds like TG to me :p

Iorghe
06-04-04, 09:50
I think that I should be honey of the month, next edition. Anyone who agrees say AYE!

You'll have to send a picture to SL33PY then, he selects the Honey of the Month

Kasumi
06-04-04, 11:34
Edit: Nevermind

Dribble Joy
06-04-04, 13:57
You'll have to get yer tits out ;).

Nightbrother
06-04-04, 15:01

Oh, aye.... very aye.... aye to the max! ;)

SirRah
06-04-04, 15:18

well i can just agree there.... so AYE! :p

Sleawer
06-04-04, 16:06
Hey Iorghe, something you said about reporters have attracted my attention. Perhaps you could make a sticky asking for ingame reporters to send applications, and work for ingame money. The payment would be up to you and dependant on the number of reports submitted of course, but I think that it could be a great idea to add some roleplay inside the game, and at the same time getting a good ammount of news for you to work with.

What do you think?
They could even have the tittle "NEMA Reporter" next to their name or faction ;)

Heavyporker
06-04-04, 16:17
sleawer... not to burst your bubble... but that has already been done. Just not many have taken up on it.

Sleawer
06-04-04, 16:24
Hmm.
I haven't seen any application thread or heard anything about this. Just incase I did not explain myself; I mean taking it as an in-game role, paid with ingame money, and perhaps a tittle attached to the work you realize.

As I haven't seen anything like this... well I thought it wasn't done, just taken as a volunteer job. Then again I was away from the game during some months maybe I missed that part.

Can you post a link to the application thread, or official announcement regarding this information please?

Tratos
06-04-04, 21:12
It wasnt an application thread but was mentioned and is normaly in the deadline threads as "do a search" heh :)

~Tratos

Sleawer
06-04-04, 22:15
Well then it's not the same that I'm saying.
I'm talking about have official reporters working for him, with a small money incentive based in their work (so the applications are encouraged); and for those that want, maybe a tittle attached to their name in the same way FCAs can have.

I think it would be a good idea, it encourages RP ingame as you would have live reporters trying to work for the NEMA; some people could even have good contacts and work in a successful reporter career ;)

This doesn't seem what we have at the moment. C'mon Iorghe, you know ways to attract people into the job, it can be a good thing.

Carinth
07-04-04, 00:31
I would like to applaud whoever did the letter to ms veronique, re Tsunami and DOY. It's exactly the kind of thing I woulda wrote if I had the inclination to do so. Baring a complete rewrite of Tsunami's history/stance, I often felt like we know our faction better then it's leaders. Tsunami has way to much invested in Neocron to ever abandon it. The only way we could leave is if we're forced out, but even then I doubt we'd just pack up and go to DOY. You can't erase the spiderweb we've got in place, all the connections/blackmail/bribery we've done to secure our position. Even if we were cast out physicly, I'll bet we'd still have influence in the city.

There is one thing I'd like to point out to whoever wrote the letter. We are not only everythign you list, but Tsunami is also *vital* for the city to function. We give the citizens a way to blow off steam in a non violent way. If runners had no red light district, then CA wouldn't be able to get away with nearly as much as it does. Oppression/Strength can only hold a populace for so long before something happens. The Monks tried doing this and failed. With Tsunami around, the citizens can be happy with their day to day lives. They know when work is over they can go have fun. This is both why CA hates us, and why they can't get rid of us. We have way to much control over the people for a control freak like Reeza to accept. But as the past has shown (citizen riot when ca tried to shut tsunami down), we're a necessary evil.

PS. We should exchange notes, maybe we can work on overthrowin ms veronique and bring tsunami back were it belongs ; D

Kenjuten
07-04-04, 01:31
Veronique's saving grace is that she is rather supportive of the mutants...for all we know they might be the very reason.

You should never truly question someone until you know all the facts, but that theory never works in reality.

naimex
07-04-04, 06:58
i didnt bother reading every post here, so i just skimmed a lot of them..

the sinradio adverticement

has a wrong url at top..

it says : online @ http://www.sinrado.net

and a few inches further down it says

http://www.sinradio.net

EDIT ::

btw..

the nemas ingame..

can you like...

make them cost some more, and make them ... readable..

like...

a citycom opens, and then you can actually read nema, with a

Previous page

and a

next page

button..

would like... ījust make it a lot more fun to sit on top of a building in the middle of nowhere..

and just open up to that centerfold.

J/K

It would really be sweet tho, to read the NEMA somewhere in the wastes.. INGAME.

Iorghe
07-04-04, 11:01
its not possible naimex

Iorghe
07-04-04, 11:11
to sleawer:
Let us first begin with people that write articles just for the fun of it. Reporting ingame stuff of their own faction. When they prove to be reliable and consequently send in articles that I can use without having to rewrite the complete article, then I will start to consider to accept runners to become a NeMa Reporter. Until that time, they will have to be freelancers, what a nicer incentive then to start a clan called "NeMa Freelancers" with role playing peoples that actually report ingame stuff.

If anyone would start to take on such a challenge, I wish you the best of luck and I hope that your initiative will be successfull.

Kind Regards,

Heavyporker
07-04-04, 15:57
Well... the Neochronicle needs updating, dammit.

And it should be more than possible to print out the NEMA into straight text, no? Even the ads can be shrunk down to straight text as well (something like an ALT text put into the pdfs or something).

Just put up NPCs for the Honeys of the Month. You know it'd be more than easy enough to spawn a drom behind the glass in Veronique's or something like that.