PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back the old Faction Gaurds

-=BlackBeard=-
05-04-04, 11:38
In my opinion the game has got alot slower as of late.i have been in every faction and there was nothing i used to love more than raiding/defending a hq. now this is impossible

Tech Haven -- the Gaurds are so powerfull you can not even make it to sector 2

Military Base -- there are gaurds at the Gr so u can not gr in, and if you run from the battle dome you will have trouble even getting past the ASG.

Twilight Gaurdian -- Gaurds at the GR and alot of gaurds outside and at the entrance

City Admin -- Gaurds at the Entrace

the list gos on i used to love being in TT and attacking Tech haven.. or being in tech haven and defending my home town. i am in tg now and all i do is sit around TG hoping for a big raid to fight or just sit there talking to the odd FA or PP.
So i ask kk to bring the good ol days back if traders dont like it either dont sit out in the open or keep your LE chip in

Nightbrother
05-04-04, 11:41
MJS stated that once BDOY arrives, guards would be decreased in toughness, but not sure how much. Also CopBots would be made so that a (rather large?) group of high-lvl people would be able to get one down.

Don't think we will see that chance before BDOY, to be honest, though.

Rade
05-04-04, 11:49
Yeah, Im holding my breath for the revamped guards in bdoy becuase the
current situation sucks ass.

ezza
05-04-04, 12:20
Yeah, Im holding my breath for the revamped guards in bdoy becuase the
current situation sucks ass.
i try not to agree with rade to much but gotta say it does suck

Rade
05-04-04, 12:22
i try not to agree with rade to much but gotta say it does suck

yarr, remember this kids, every time you agree with rade god kills a kitten,
FOR THE LOVE KITTENS DONT DO IT OMFDG!!!234

Nightbrother
05-04-04, 12:31
yarr, remember this kids, every time you agree with rade god kills a kitten,
FOR THE LOVE KITTENS DONT DO IT OMFDG!!!234

I agree with Rade, and since I am God, I will promise not to kill kittens if anyone agrees with Rade, but only in this thread. In all other threads, I will still own kittens if anyone agrees with Swedish people.*

* = Ingvar Kamprad (founder of IKEA) excepted, since he is now the richest man in the world, and thus he is cool. ;)

@ Rade: What does OMFDG mean? :p

L3m0n
05-04-04, 12:31
yes they were great dont for the love of god know why they made them l33t in the first place o_O

i am in tg now and all i do is sit around TG hoping for a big raid to fight or just sit there talking to the odd FA or PP.

do you play on saturn? cos if you do we like going for our little TG raids when ever we can :p

Dribble Joy
05-04-04, 12:43
MB guards attack you?

My god you must be like.. hte only one.

Dumb fucckers never do shit normally.

Rade
05-04-04, 12:52
* = Ingvar Kamprad (founder of IKEA) excepted, since he is now the richest man in the world, and thus he is cool. ;)

Ingvar is from the same little town that Im from, where we also have the first
IKEA, so you know, resssspect and all that.

And OMFDG is like OMFG, but with an extra D. Duh.

**edit: according to this (http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/side2/2422081) ingvar is still only nr13 so what you on aboot? o_O

Nightbrother
05-04-04, 13:00
I heard on the news yesterday that Forbes Magazine announced that Ingvar Kamprad was now the richest man in the world, having 350 billion (in Danish currency), Bill Gates having 'only' around 300 bill.

You and Ingvar are from the same small town?? What are the chances of that. Heh. Can't you talk him into giving everyone from his hometown 5 mill each or something? Bloody..... rich... too much.... not fair... except it IS fair, cause he worked his ass off and had a great idea.

P.S. I love cats and I am NOT God (yes, I was lying :o)

/edit sorry, for the thread hi-jacking. Tbh, I can't wait until guards get a toughness nerf. Granted, they should not be push-overs at all, but right now they are insane, imo.

Jadzia Eleazar
05-04-04, 13:08
Military Base -- there are gaurds at the Gr so u can not gr in, and if you run from the battle dome you will have trouble even getting past the ASG.

Hm, I could easily GR in with my droner and get past the guards although I've
-40 CM symp due to the LE droner bug. The guards don't materialize for 1-2 seconds and then I'm already gone. Even when they appear, they don't shoot, but start babbling around so you just run past them.

Rade
05-04-04, 13:09
Ingvar was also a cheapskate, always took the bike everywhere, never a car.
Took the cheapest train tickets he could find instead of first class/flying etc.
Strange strange man.

**edit: Well actually, by swedish standards it aint such a small town,
Uppsala, 200-300k ppl or somesuch, 4th biggest town/city in sweden,
however if you compare it to larger countries not that impressive :D

Clownst0pper
05-04-04, 13:17
MB guards attack you?

My god you must be like.. hte only one.

Dumb fucckers never do shit normally.

Was about to say the exact same thing, is it just me or do the gaurds in pp actually do nothing unless u physically lay into them? Ive walked around the BD gaurds in pp2 for like 20 minutes and not one of them open fired on me..Are they bugged since the last patch? O_o :confused:

+15 reputation points! onz! :lol:

|R@zor|
05-04-04, 13:42
Tsunami guards do nothing to me either, i think it was stated in a patch note somewhere that they were made non aggressive.

If i walk into the pussy club or somewhere all hell breaks loose tho.

MrChumble
05-04-04, 13:44
It's funny how much depends on which side of the fence you're on. As a long-time Merc I can assure you that the guards couldn't hit the broadside of hoverbomber at 10 paces. That's assuming they even noticed the hoverbomber was there in the first place.

Guards aren't the problem, we shouldn't need HQ raids to get good PvP. An op system that promoted PvP would be far better in the long run.

Edit: Irony comes in small packages. After posting this I thought "should I log on?" "nah, there'll not be any pvp in mb anyways." So maybe the guards do need a nerf :p

Cruzbroker
05-04-04, 15:57
*Remembers a guy trying to cover behind a TS guard when I kill him*
haha guards a problem :p
oh yes, they should lower a bit, but made a little more aggressive......

Original monk
05-04-04, 16:34
every time you agree with rade god kills a kitten

i agree, poor kittens

cRazy2003
05-04-04, 19:33
i like the citymerc guards at the MB Gr place, i mean do you expect them to just let u gr right on into the middle of MB and go wonder off attacking people?
if u wanna do a raid on mb then youre gonna have to force your way in, you could do it thru the entrence, but to just leave the GR nice and open for anyone to come in is a bit stupid

alig
05-04-04, 19:35
KK really dont have any idea how this game is played, they remove punch guard too have shoot guard instead, at least it would take little effort for a lamer to punch a guard (they would have to press alt+f or something which is quite difficult depending on your controls) now all they have to do is run by and shoot them and zone like they was already going to do ....the reason they was running past a guard in the first place.

I just want one fight in pp2, its always pp1 when your BD and every faction red to you is either allied/neutral to TS pretty much so they have an advantage. The ammount of times i've died from a guard is uncountable, The ammount of times i've had to zone because of a guard is uncountable, all this is due to the dumb guard idea :rolleyes: and to top it all.....the person your fighting then goes to trade NC "ROFL FUCKING DICK!!!! OWNED!!! N00B!!!!!111oneone ME > U". :rolleyes:

Mingerroo
05-04-04, 19:57
OMFDG = Oh My F***ing Dead God

Its OMFG for anyone who accepts Nietzsche in saying "gott ist tot" (God is Dead). :p

Steve

Nightbrother
05-04-04, 19:59
OMFDG = Oh My F***ing Dead God

Its OMFG for anyone who accepts Nietzsche in saying "gott ist tot" (God is Dead). :p

Steve

"God is dead" - Nietzsche.

"Nietzsche is dead" - God.

XSuneX
05-04-04, 20:09
The 4 N.E.X.T. guards alway stuck in the grav lift are realy cool. NOT.

XSuneX
05-04-04, 20:14
I agree with Rade, and since I am God, I will promise not to kill kittens if anyone agrees with Rade, but only in this thread. In all other threads, I will still own kittens if anyone agrees with Swedish people.*

Oh My Floating Dog Goodies. Duh.

What GOD are you talking about? How about Oh my Guard? since we're talking about Guards?

Mingerroo
05-04-04, 20:23
"God is dead" - Nietzsche.

"Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Haha. Nice. We were talking about Philosophy jokes in the lesson, I'll have to use that one! (sorry for thread hi-jacking)

As for the topic, nah, I think people asking for changes should wait to see what BDoY brings, KK are probably working flat out on that now anyway and won't patch NC until it arrives.

Steve