PDA

View Full Version : EXP For Spies

Crest
05-04-04, 09:10
Ok so I created a barter who is a pistol spy - pistol so that WL don have to be too hi

I have now made him a driver too... and plan to use vehicles to gain exp .... Like the trikes and stuff .... with the right chip setup and all a spy can drive and use trikes,

Question is simple .... with the hovers and trikes wheat kind of exp gain is done ... Is it Streangth and Int, or dex based or all of the above ....

Is the damage dished out from vehicles based on personal ability like those done by hand held weapons .... ie the more in heavy combat the more damage a gun will do

ARE THE combat hovers balanced ? .. I shoot a alpha wolf and do 120 damage yet on a WB I am doing 50 damage per shot, WB is 80/80 and a wold is 10/10 or something.

My attack rating on Combat hove is low

BombShell
05-04-04, 09:12
just stick with pistols u wont get much out of vehs at high lvls since its damage is low and combat rank is low aswell so u wont leech other then from nubs.

Nightbrother
05-04-04, 09:15
If the exp gained by a spy on a heavy trike is anything like the exp gained by a PE on same vehicle, you will gain CON and STR very fast. DEX exp will be somewhat ok, but not great, to be honest. INT I don't know, cause that stat was already capped when I started using trikes.

The damage done by the heavy trike is truly massive, and you will be able to (as a spy) drop a WB in 10 secs (maybe less) with it. The more HC you have, the more damage you will do. The dmg cap on a WB is about (or just under) 300 points per rocket, and I found 130-140 or so to be the cap, 130 probably nearer cap than 140, and from experience weapon lore does not affect damage done by the heavy trike, I learned that exchanging info with Kramer.

As a rare hunter, the heavy trike user will have a nice time, since the low 42/xx rank will yield good drops.

BombShell
05-04-04, 09:21
If the exp gained by a spy on a heavy trike is anything like the exp gained by a PE on same vehicle, you will gain CON and STR very fast. DEX exp will be somewhat ok, but not great, to be honest. INT I don't know, cause that stat was already capped when I started using trikes.

The damage done by the heavy trike is truly massive, and you will be able to (as a spy) drop a WB in 10 secs (maybe less) with it. The more HC you have, the more damage you will do. The dmg cap on a WB is about (or just under) 300 points per rocket, and I found 130-140 or so to be the cap, 130 probably nearer cap than 140, and from experience weapon lore does not affect damage done by the heavy trike, I learned that exchanging info with Kramer.

As a rare hunter, the heavy trike user will have a nice time, since the low 42/xx rank will yield good drops.

hmm really when i had a h-c spy i did crap damage.

but then i didnt dump alot of h-c in it

johngreen2000
05-04-04, 20:47
as a veh pe i had the exact reqs(not stats, but 78 hc 80 tc or whatever they were) for heavy scorp trike and my rockets were doing 220ish.

sparrowtm
13-04-04, 13:41
[ edited ]

amfest
13-04-04, 14:01
my veh spy has 0 weaponlore, 50 str, 118 with lvl 1 hc buff, I wear full inq 1 and med fire belt when I got it. I had lommed over from a melee spy so I don't know much about starting out with a heavy assule scorpion trike. I had first aquired a combat hovertech. The combat hovertech was awesome though and I found myself taking out things fairly quickly though for things like terror raptors and such you might h ave to retreat a few times especially if you let them spawn. Anyhow I put41 in fire resist and ended up getting a trike and now I have no problems taking on grim chasers and dropping them in about 30 seconds or so. I do 220x3 rocket bursts to the chaser. Which of course isn't as good as a PE but I think it's damn fine dmg.

As for xp gains I cant' find where i wrote down what I was getting from mobs with my low rank but I recall talking about it over trade and alot of people said it was damn good xp gains. The problem lies in that you have to run around and find mobs as opposed to being able to cave with other people, and that will make it seem not so great. Of course my character isn't pvp effective ;) but at the end of the day my spy can head to a lab, put on machina and research my own techs, head over to somewhere and construct non rares and repair a bit. And with my low rank I tend to get a nice plentiful tech drop sometimes finding 2-3 techs on one mob at a time. I also typically beat out people on killing a mob cause I don't have to hide as my trike gives me enough protection. Just remember to aim the right side of the vehicle, that shoots out at the mob, correctly and even when a rocket doesn't achieve a direct lock it can still do some dmg if it makes proper contact with a mob.

I say if you can get a moveon go for firemobs instead. Warbots suck and hacking them just takes too long. With fire mobs you can kill, loot race to next one at least. Also get your recycle skill up to the rocket ammo and you'll never have to worry as the big junk recycles the rocket ammo very nicely and you'll soon find yourself over weighted. Which isn't a big problem as you are on a vehicle and you can even loot from the vehicle.

sorry if this is unorgaznized as I just woke up and am still groggy >_<

winnoc
13-04-04, 14:16
My spy drives the scorpion trike.
I'm set up to use the SH with attack rank 60.
I also hack 110 natural, wear spy pa3 en medium energy belt, and i can use obliterator.

I pop in one beast and use HC buff 1 to get on the trike.
I do about 230 per rocket to a warbot and i must say it's an excellent rare hunter, the money i get from the warbots with my trike combat rank of 42 almost covers my repair costs on the trike and i get awesome drops.

Although lately i've been spending most of my time leveling up my tank i'll go back to hunting warbots soon.

Haven't use the assault hovertech yet, though i do have one parked in the garage.

Crest
13-04-04, 14:55
My spy drives the scorpion trike.
I'm set up to use the SH with attack rank 60.
I also hack 110 natural, wear spy pa3 en medium energy belt, and i can use obliterator.

I pop in one beast and use HC buff 1 to get on the trike.
I do about 230 per rocket to a warbot and i must say it's an excellent rare hunter, the money i get from the warbots with my trike combat rank of 42 almost covers my repair costs on the trike and i get awesome drops.

Although lately i've been spending most of my time leveling up my tank i'll go back to hunting warbots soon.

Haven't use the assault hovertech yet, though i do have one parked in the garage.

What kind of EXP you get ... Is it Stregth with min of Int and Dex ? This is long term goal for my barter

winnoc
13-04-04, 15:10
I'll have to check on that.
My Strength is capped so i didn't realy worry about that.
I do know that hunting DOY bots last week got me 2 dex levels and on int level (which were needed for obliterator).

I'll post when i get the xp from a warbot.

___T-X____
13-04-04, 15:40
roll a droner, and make friends with snakes and cyclops

amfest
13-04-04, 16:03
Well I went and shot up a warbot. My rank is 42/58. I can't tell you about the str gain cause I"m capped. My INT is 77 and Dex 82. HC is 118 with HC lvl 1 buff and my str is 50.

Int Gain: 4852
Dex Gain: 9652

Dmg: 261 x 3 rocket bursts