PDA

View Full Version : opening sequence to DoY

Invertigo
05-04-04, 08:41
ok, realisticly everyone wants with the opening of doy to be a massive attack on neocron, like the plaza sectors all blown to shit, choas everywhere, kinda like in the offline demo, and most importantly they want to be there first hand, and be able to take part in it and fight side by side with others against the attackers. what better way to start off an expansion...

but lets be realistic about this, EVERYONE wants to take part in it, but not everyone is going to get the game the very first hour it comes out or goes online. not to mention unlike other events, the entire fucking server will be there... so a server crash WILL happenm and even with the new engine and everything there will be horrible FPS and lag.

i got really bored today and downloaded the offline demo, and at the beggining of it it plays in animation, like a movie clip, only using the real char models and stuff...

thats when the idea hit me, have a movie thing with NC:BDoy that shows whats happend in the last week(s) or month(s) that lead up to the point that the expanstion actually starts from. show the city, and then a missle strike it from out of nowhere, shit blowing up, people dieing and fighting. now, believe me...i KNOW everyone would rather actually get to play the part out, but honostly i dont think its going to happen very easily, and like i said not everyone would get the chance to do it...like me for instance :p . i most likely wont be able to get NC"BDoY when it first comes out, so it might take me a couple weeks or so to get it...

now your saying to yourself, "WELL NOT ME POOR BOY, IM BUYIN THAT SHIZNIT WITHIN A QUARTER OF A SECOND AND IT WILL BE INSTALLED 2 SECONDS LATER AND I WILL BE CONNECTED ANOTHER SECOND LATER, WAITING FOR THE ACTION"... but like i said, realisticly not everyone is going to get to take part in it due to the fact that the servers WILL crash, and all the newbies that just bought the game are gonna go "omg fuck this game"

so thats why i think an opening movie intro thingy do-dad would be perfect. the only thing about this idea is that it might already be to late, unless you get someone whos really really good at it to whip one up in time for the release...

this is just a thought i had, so dont flame me up the arse k? opionons are wanted and welcomed by me atleast...

what do you guys think?

phunqe
05-04-04, 09:05
I see three possible ways:

1. Intro movie only, as suggested. I do suspect however that this would be considered too "thin" and that many (all?) are expecting some sort of event.

2. Full blown in game event. Must then be announced way ahead so people will be prepared. Problems: possible server lag/crash? Also, some people will not be able to participate for various reasons.

3. Some sort of mixture of the two above, read below.

Let's say some plaza sectors has been badly hit by some kind of bombs. Corpses are lying everywhere and some poor survivors are wandering the streets. Now, if you talk to one of these survivors they will tell you the story.
The story of NC, DoY and what happened. This story would be accompanied with "slides" and even motion video. Of course, all with excellent mood music :)

This will allow all to take part of what happened, without hosting an event. It's not an intro movie, players will feel that it's more "in game", since some NPC is actually telling them a story. Maybe different NPCs will tell different stories.

I don't know, it's just a brainfart. I am sure KK does have something special in storage for us :D

Kenjuten
05-04-04, 09:35
ok, realisticly everyone wants with the opening of doy to be a massive attack on neocron, like the plaza sectors all blown to shit, choas everywhere, kinda like in the offline demo, and most importantly they want to be there first hand, and be able to take part in it and fight side by side with others against the attackers. what better way to start off an expansion...
Strange...I thought the script was that DoY would get a nuke jammed up/down its ass/mouth.

Everyone would prefer NC to get hit instead? :eek:

Or are you thinking mutual assured destruction?

Varaem
05-04-04, 10:22
Yeah.. whats the point of nuking a place that already looks like shit? Isn't it so much more fun to nuke a nice and clean place... like neocron?

Opar
05-04-04, 10:24
DoY gets nuked just before the servers get updated to DoY.

Thanatos said...

jiga
05-04-04, 10:57
so thats why i think an opening movie intro thingy do-dad would be perfect. the only thing about this idea is that it might already be to late, unless you get someone whos really really good at it to whip one up in time for the release...
don't worry they can just delay the game for another month :rolleyes:

Hayato
05-04-04, 11:01
I think mabey a footage reel that comes from Neocron TV News about the war with DoY and shows footage taken from the battles and such. After all that you come to your char screen :D

jiga
05-04-04, 11:04
I think mabey a footage reel that comes from Neocron TV News about the war with DoY and shows footage taken from the battles and such. After all that you come to your char screen
yeah we should have some kind of Neocron TV news instead of the neocronicle

Oath
05-04-04, 11:50
They should have me, standing in plaza 1 naked, with the copbots taking me away after a session of REALLY BAD jokes.

That'd pwn :lol:

.....maybe not.

t0tt3
05-04-04, 17:54
They should have me, standing in plaza 1 naked, with the copbots taking me away after a session of REALLY BAD jokes.

That'd pwn :lol:

.....maybe not.

I prefer not :p dont wanna see you naked sorry oath :D

Anyway just do like Blizzard MEGA FAT intro then it will pwn... eerhm be a megahit

Jesterthegreat
05-04-04, 18:04
DoY gets nuked just before the servers get updated to DoY.

Thanatos said...

dispite the fact that DoY 100% garanteed has atomic bomb technology... and NC might

2578-2585

-=snip=-

The earth surrounding both of the cities was soaked in blood and covered with debris by now when Ceres' scientists discovered a weapon based on the atomic bomb, which would be able to only kill unprotected organic material but would leave his warriors unharmed, due to a special shielding of their WarBots. Ceres didn't hesitate to let this bomb detonate over the battlefields between the two cities. Thousands of genetically bred Tanks fell victim to the radiation of the bomb. Ceres threatened to let the bomb detonate over Neocron if his enemies wouldn't surrender before one week had passed. But he didn't know that the Psi Monks had already copied the shielding of the WarBots and had applied it to a new type of armor suit, which they developed by adapting some technologies they acquired from destroyed or captured Ceres-WarBots. This armor suit enhanced the reflexes and capabilities of the Tanks even further, and the next wave of Tanks went into battle adequately protected.

-=snip=-

from NC History

Geth
05-04-04, 18:12
The idea of doing an opening movie for BDoY is the style of the opening of the offline demo is a great idea, expecially if it has the voicesovers. I felt a bit disappointed in NC after I played the demo and was expected all the NPC's to have voiceovers. Ah well, can't have everything.

As to the newsreel style, it would be best if it was in the tradition of WW2 propaganda films. ;)

Invertigo
05-04-04, 22:44
well the reason i assumed NC would get blasted too is because thats where most of the players are going to be.

TBH im not 100% sure on exactly whats going to happen, but since you posted what thany said about DoY getting nuked, maybe they launch a counter-attack?

and i have a feeling DOY will try to storm the NC gates before the nuke is launched, otherwise what was the point of launching the nuke?

and also whats with the tunnel there digging, its obviously going to have somthing to due with an attack on the city... or maybe its the thing MJS was talking about, about some way to travel to the city underground or somthing like that...

*cough* sounds like core combat *cough* (jkjkjkjk :lol: )

Jesterthegreat
06-04-04, 00:42
and i have a feeling DOY will try to storm the NC gates before the nuke is launched, otherwise what was the point of launching the nuke?

you mean nuke their bots?

Jaffo
06-04-04, 01:00
i think that some sort of video sequence for whatever attack happens would be kewl because of the reasons people have already stated- not everyone is going to be able to take part and we all know everyone wants to take part -

lag would be another serious issue - its badenough playing on a sunday let alone playing with everyperson who has got the gam playing at the same time with tonnes of explosions

also npcs telling there own account of what happened would also be cool :)

Benjie
06-04-04, 01:02
Whatever happens, I expect a Movie at the beggining of Dome of York.

Something Neocron Lacked, it gives the mmorpg a proffessional finish.

They've had a year to make it.

Invertigo
06-04-04, 01:37
i hope KK see this thread ;)

everyone wants a movie!!! make one please :D

Scikar
06-04-04, 01:57
Or an event which lasts a full week. :p

Invertigo
06-04-04, 05:07
that would be cool too, but what about people who buy the game like 1-3 months after release and only saw it on the shelf and have no clue about the storyline or nothing...

not everyone likes to read the 20 pages of storyline int he manual :p

i think a 2-5 min intro movie from a completely role play view like in the demo would be a good idea.