PDA

View Full Version : Fix The Damn Fatles

tomparadox
05-04-04, 04:55
HOW LONG UNTILL YOU FIX THE FATLES? I GET THEM LIKE 20 TIMES A DAY NOW I GET THEM ALMOST EVER TIME I ZONE TO P1 IV DIED OVER 50 TIMES FROM THEM IN 2 DAYS IV LOST A SHITLOAD OF STUFF BECAUSE OF THE DAMN THINGS. when the hell are you people going to fix them youv only said you would sens like beta 4 is as far back as i was... and dont tell me this is flaming because i dont cair..

amfest
05-04-04, 05:03
it's an actual marketing scheme so you can upgrade to BDOY when it comes out.

Well we can only hope they are some what okay when they reduce the load on the CPU and actually use the graphics card instead. I"m sure there will be new bugs, but i'm sure also that some bugs will disappear. They aren't even accepting callstacks anymore so I doubt most of it will get fixed for this version. Although last patch did have like 2 possible fatal fixes but they were specific fixes for a certain type. Something about the tool tip when an item is destroyed. Not sure what that means although I did fatal when I tried to drag an item to my INV but i got lag so it wasn't moving so i tried to move it again and drop .. I went back up and the tooltip popped up right after it appeared in my INV "fatal"

Glok
05-04-04, 05:03
LMAO. Poor sucker. Just stick to safe zones and never fight mobs or other players. Maybe take up poking and be a poke bitch in Plaza 2. Be a good boy. Never cuss your mother and pray to your computer before you sleep. After 4 months of this, your Neocron will never misbehave. Mark my words, it will be so.

Whitestuff
05-04-04, 05:05
Would be nice to have a word from KK. I have never seen an official "We're working on that" or a "We don't know what's wrong about that" or a "Fatal Errors result from 'blah blah' and to fix it we need to 'blah blah' " type post. It would be nice if someone, MJS, Codi, whoever would say something. That being said, I have noticed them more frequently as of the last 2 weeks they have increased. I usually got 1-3 during 6 hours of play, but it has increased to 6 or more and I get hard crashed a lot now. You know the "black screen, freeze up, repeating music, have to restart manually" kind of crash.

EDIT:

LMAO. Poor sucker. Just stick to safe zones and never fight mobs or other players. Maybe take up poking and be a poke bitch in Plaza 2. Be a good boy. Never cuss your mother and pray to your computer before you sleep. After 4 months of this, your Neocron will never misbehave. Mark my words, it will be so.
LIES I TELL YOU!! LIES!!! I have tried that I think..... Maybe I didn't pray every night....

amfest
05-04-04, 05:11
repeating music

You still listen to the music?! :eek:

tomparadox
05-04-04, 05:12

what version of praying you talkin about? mine is giving it the finger "http://lostomega.phys1ks.com/fyou.gif" theres my praying to it

Glok
05-04-04, 05:13
I love the Neo music. It really makes the game for me. For a little while I replaced the music with my own MP3s, but it just wasn't that same. How can you not love the music? :(

tomparadox
05-04-04, 05:14
i like the misic, i tryed renameing the MP3 folder cus that used to fix it in beta, id get em like once every 3 weeks but now something new is causing it. and yes i would like an offical word on wtf is going on with the fatles ^^

Whitestuff
05-04-04, 05:15
You still listen to the music?! :eek:

Well no, actually. I do get repeating plaza crowd noise, tool sounds, spell casts, plasma cannon bursts, etc. They repeat endlessly. It is strange, I haven't had a program do this since i used windows 98. o_O

EDIT: Forgot to add I love the neo music. I just got tired of it for now and Brammer's brilliant idea to make winamp useable in game made me turn it off. And to emphasize how much I like it, I burned the MP3's to CD so I could take it in my car.

MegaCorp
05-04-04, 05:17
I used to crash once or twice an hour. I recently switched to an Intel box from an AMD and now i sometimes play for a couple hours without crashing. What changed? Everything system wise, including processor type, motherboard type, graphics card, sound card, etc. And now it runs better.

But ... i had also replaced my entire system a couple of times during the previous year with no changes in frequency of fatals - was always still a couple times per hour. Yet all of my stystems are/were properly configured with the latest updates and run stable for all other games. Go figure. So, yes, there is a bug alright, and it may be semi-sensitive to system configuration in some way.

Spook

amfest
05-04-04, 05:34
And to emphasize how much I like it, I burned the MP3's to CD so I could take it in my car. Reminds me when I used to take the Quake II game cd in the car to listen to :D

Well not sure if they are going to put full time into fixing fatals for this version when the upgrade might fix alot of these problems or just bring them right back if they do mess with them.

hivemind
05-04-04, 07:07
I used to crash once or twice an hour. I recently switched to an Intel box from an AMD and now i sometimes play for a couple hours without crashing. What changed? Everything system wise, including processor type, motherboard type, graphics card, sound card, etc. And now it runs better.

But ... i had also replaced my entire system a couple of times during the previous year with no changes in frequency of fatals - was always still a couple times per hour. Yet all of my stystems are/were properly configured with the latest updates and run stable for all other games. Go figure. So, yes, there is a bug alright, and it may be semi-sensitive to system configuration in some way.
Even a blind squirrel gets a nut some days.

Luck. Pure luck.

Saza
05-04-04, 17:58
I reckon fatals are linked to how long you spend in a zone. For example if I sit lomming in my apartment for an hour or so, before heading out to plaza to buy some more loms, I will crash with a probability of 80%. However if I'm running through a zone as a waypoint then the crash probability will be reduced to 10% or less. Does anyone else have this?

BramTops
05-04-04, 18:05
What are these "fatals" everybody keeps talking about???

Geth
05-04-04, 18:31
LMAO. Poor sucker. Just stick to safe zones and never fight mobs or other players. Maybe take up poking and be a poke bitch in Plaza 2

Saddly not even that level of servitude helps to ward off Fatles (fatal Run Time error). I use to be an active poker in plaza last year, and it would get the most Fatles when I was standing around waiting for patients and just talking with people.

rob444
06-04-04, 03:50
I played with my PPU, about 7 hours I think without crashing. If I play another char I crash all the time. There is something strange with PPU's O_o

And yes, I agree they should fix the fatal error bugs before DOY, what they are doing is like taking candy from a baby.. :confused: