PDA

View Full Version : Quick Economy question

Crono
05-04-04, 03:34
heya guys, ive been gone a while and just want to know what the prices are for a few things (generic ballpark figures)

tipping for pokes, if i get around 3 i tip like 30-50k, which was huge a year ago for a tip, but now i hear many have money caped, so thats like nothing compared to that :/

how much should i Tip for IDing of tech parts, and how much do most tech parts fetch if i had to buy/sell them? (im shure it varies, but i have no clue at all, seems everything has changed allot)

thanks

-Crono

Valkyrie
05-04-04, 03:49
Christ if i tipped 30-50k for pokes i'd be broke in no time :eek:

Usually more like 6k for 3 pokes.

Glok
05-04-04, 03:49
I tip 5k per part for ressing tech parts. That's just me though.

For selling parts, melee and slotenhancer parts go for 50k each, the not so good weapon parts go for 100k, the good weapon parts go for 200k - 500k or more, depending on the buyer, and the ultima mod parts go for 300k more or less. I've been trying to buy built psi ultima mods for a mill each the last few days... no takers... :(

edit: On poking, I poke. Most people tip me 10k regardless of what I poked, others tip nothing except for a 'cheers' and some have tipped me 100k.

amfest
05-04-04, 03:52
I tip 5-10k for 1 - 3 pokes typically any more and if they are higher up imps I'll tip up to 50k but that's just me

Whitestuff
05-04-04, 05:11
Dude I must be a cheapskate. I tip 1k per poke. Always, no matter what. I start out as a 0/2 noob tipping 500nc each poke, but when I level up I stay at 1k per poke. Unless the guy does it for me several times in an hour (OP fight, whatever) then I give more.

IceStorm
05-04-04, 05:23
Pokes I'll tip 4k to 150k depending on desparation and number of pokes. 150k is when I can't find anyone and my SS/SF/Adv Nerves 3 have popped out and I've checked all the usual places in the Plaza sectors. Usually it's between 4k for a single lower-end poke (bones, heart 1) and 8k to 20k for a few higher end CPUs.

Melee parts will go up in value once the melee changes are made, so I wouldn't go selling them for 50k thinking they're worthless.

Regular weapon parts I'll sell for 100k to 250k or so. I'll pay through the nose if I really want a part (750k for the first core of Const Glove I needed), but otherwise I'll be patient and pay 100k to 250k or trade. I prefer trading, to be honest. I'll also sell parts for upwards of 500k if someone's offering - I won't turn away money and not all my characters are at 19.9 million yet. :-)

IDing parts, I get between 25k and 50k for IDing 12 to 20 parts or so. I'm only 160 rsch when I'm at a compatible Lab, so I understand the lower pay - I usually fail a few times and will occasionally break a part.

I've been trying to buy built psi ultima mods for a mill each the last few days... no takers...
Five parts at 300k per part (your own pricing) is 1.5 million. To get a completed mod, you'll probably have to up the price to between 1.5 and 2 million. All told, I've built three Rifle Ultimas, three Pistol Ultimas, two Laserblade Ultimas, one Heavy Ultima, and one Psi Ultima in my days. Psi and Heavy Ultima parts seem to be somewhat rare.

This is all pricing on Pluto, by the way. I don't play any of the other servers.

Crono
05-04-04, 05:29
i make money like water from mobs so its no big deal :) (if you avoid the chaos caves as a lvl grind you will be suprised how fast money rolls in from certian classes of mob loot to vendors)

pay what you can afford ofcoruse, but id feel bad tipping cheeply while asking to be poked in dark blue PA :/

and with the hardness of finding pokers or repairrers latley, ill pay anything to get going again after waiting 30-45 min to go on :/

thanks guys

-Krause

[EDIT]

btw, how much did MC5 parts/whole chips go for before MC5 was shut down (im not suprised they sell for over money cap, everyone wants one and none are comming back into the game)
kinda doubt that it wont be reopened (unlike things like laurent/spirit mods, these have a pretty mig advantage) so i wanna kinda get my idea of how much i need to stockpile per part. (as a melee tank i wont be touching that place, a year ago even with a PPU and i was H-C, i still got wooped there, having to be line of sight sucks there :/ thats more of a APU non line of sight type place. which im shure was the reason it was closed)

-Crono

Glok
05-04-04, 05:41
Five parts at 300k per part (your own pricing) is 1.5 million. To get a completed mod, you'll probably have to up the price to between 1.5 and 2 million. All told, I've built three Rifle Ultimas, three Pistol Ultimas, two Laserblade Ultimas, one Heavy Ultima, and one Psi Ultima in my days. Psi and Heavy Ultima parts seem to be somewhat rare.

This is all pricing on Pluto, by the way. I don't play any of the other servers.Well, I figure someone who has built ones has either many many rare parts, or has traded to build them. And 300k is the top margin. Usually I pay 150-200k for a psi ultima part.

IceStorm
05-04-04, 06:25
Well, I figure someone who has built ones has either many many rare parts
It takes me, literally, MONTHS of hunting to get parts for my ultimas on my own. That's thousands of parts looking for just the right set of five. I'm gonna get paid for my time or I'm gonna keep the parts to myself, so "nyah!" :-)

Meanwhile I have 15 techs of 0.9 slotenhancer...

Capt. Rik
05-04-04, 12:14
btw, how much did MC5 parts/whole chips go for before MC5 was shut down (im not suprised they sell for over money cap, everyone wants one and none are comming back into the game)
kinda doubt that it wont be reopened (unlike things like laurent/spirit mods, these have a pretty mig advantage) so i wanna kinda get my idea of how much i need to stockpile per part. (as a melee tank i wont be touching that place, a year ago even with a PPU and i was H-C, i still got wooped there, having to be line of sight sucks there :/ thats more of a APU non line of sight type place. which im shure was the reason it was closed)

-Crono

A single MC5 part usually sells for 3 -5 million on Saturn :eek:

Crest
05-04-04, 12:36
Tipping ... Depends on what and how bad ....

As a rule I tip A min of 5k for pokes ... normally that covers up to 2 pokes ... there after it depeneds on how many... Remember if the guy was not there poking I could not make the money .....

For other skills ... I charge 10% as a barter ... if you seliing I Charge 10% more Buying is 10% of buying price upto 25K, then a straight 25K ....

For other skills ... we have them in hous ein clan ... but doing 50 rares (Ressing) would be about 100K tip .... which would include 10 x large lubes (Since my barter buys) ... So it would cost 40K for Lube and 100K for tips.....

Building stuff ... I dont build in small amounts, min build size for me is 50 ... So if I use a constructor to build me a gun ... its normally 50 - 200 (Depending how bad I want the 4 - 5 slotter) so the tips are gonna be high. Now u know why I do inhouse with clan

garyu69
05-04-04, 14:59
My standard for tipping on pokes is 1k and thats what i have advised my noob friends.

I do however splash out a bit extra if i have been waiting a while or if its an enemy who pokes me because i feel that for them to poke me is pretty cool.

as for ID'ing i like to get someone in Clan to do that.

johngreen2000
05-04-04, 15:13
Dont let most of these people fool ya. They are just saying they pay such and such becuase they have 1 or a few desperate times. As a poker(i dont poke hours on end, but i poke enough) I have never been tipped more than 7.5k. Most, id say 50-75% dont tip, most tip 1k per poke out of those that do tip. Ive never in my life been tipped 75k 120k like some of this people act like they tip. I see people offer 50k for sa ds etc but thats it. I really dont see how some many people can claim they tip these exoridnary amount yet people ive talked to and myself included have never seen these outrageous tips.

Crest
05-04-04, 16:55
I know when Elle was active poker in plaza one she would be tipped 50 - 100k when asked to do a remote job (GR there and back) not often but it happens...

As for tipping more for Enemy Factions .... What you saying is ... lets have more enemy factions, and screw your own guys ?

I tips 5k .... Its that simple, 8/10 pokers say thankyou cause its a little more than they used to for 1 poke ... or even 2.

Sometimes I have run off ... mebbe to buy a new imp or something ... but 99% of the time I do poke (I can remember the odd time I did not tip) Like in a op war and i had died 4 times, 4th set of pokes with same poker .... so after 40k I thought it was enough and paid for an extended service (Extending till he left)

Birkoff
05-04-04, 17:36
I tip 20k for pokes what ever, unless its mc5.

Agent L
06-04-04, 12:36
Actually you should tip more when you GR to plaza and trader is already waiting there and less after 30 minutes of spamming TRADE-NC.
This way you're encouraging full-time traders and promote fast service.
However, noone understand that, and ppl think "more of my time poker wasted - more he's worth"

Kenjuten
06-04-04, 18:11
Actually you should tip more when you GR to plaza and trader is already waiting there and less after 30 minutes of spamming TRADE-NC.
This way you're encouraging full-time traders and promote fast service.
However, noone understand that, and ppl think "more of my time poker wasted - more he's worth"
Sorry..I understood the first part, but what did you mean by the less part?