PDA

View Full Version : Is it still possible to make COPbots and stuff...

Marx
04-04-04, 22:12
Appear like they did in the offline demo?

Imagine when safezones get removed, there's reports of large scale fighting in a certain area, and bam... You see these little curly-cues of light which turn into COPbots, or rather STORMbots since they're the riot models... After some fighting, order is restored.

I think that would be cool - and simply wonder if its possible.

Tratos
04-04-04, 22:18
huh? they just appeared? :confused:

i cant remeber seeing that. heh

~Tratos

Marx
04-04-04, 22:19
huh? they just appeared? :confused:

i cant remeber seeing that. heh

~TratosIn the end of the offline demo during the battle in P2, copbots appeared and started to hammer the shit out of the TG's behind the boxes with the ray cannons.

Duder
04-04-04, 22:23
Id still like to see the plasma rifles shoot plasma from the barrels though. The whole Plasma from the skies isnt as credible and why would copbots need a plasma rifle to get plasma from the skies?

Also the Neocron Offline demo is in some ways better then todays neocron.

darknessfairy
04-04-04, 22:24
oh my life i love the offline demo, it is sooooo coool.

sex teh offline demo

Kal
05-04-04, 00:26
oh oh where can i get the offline demo from

Marx
05-04-04, 00:28
oh oh where can i get the offline demo from
Fileplanet (http://www.fileplanet.com/files/110000/110059.shtml) has it, so do a handful of other similar sites.

amfest
05-04-04, 01:30
Id still like to see the plasma rifles shoot plasma from the barrels though. The whole Plasma from the skies isnt as credible and why would copbots need a plasma rifle to get plasma from the skies?

If i recall it's cause they could hide behind people and get them killed also. I think i recall a few innocent bystanders taken out in the fire, but honestly I think that's damn cool.

Q`alooaith
05-04-04, 01:44
If i recall it's cause they could hide behind people and get them killed also. I think i recall a few innocent bystanders taken out in the fire, but honestly I think that's damn cool.
this is the reason exactly..

You'd see somone with low SL run though plasa 1 and everyone dive for cover as the copbots starting blasting all over the place..

I'd realy like to see copbot's with plasma rifle's again, and stormbots hadraygun's I think.. can't be sure though.. long time has passed.

Divide
05-04-04, 08:49

They do it because people used to get red SL, and caused copbots to kill standers-by with their normal shooting plasma rifle. Im not sure when this changed, because I didnt see the retail launch, nor the end of beta.

BramTops
05-04-04, 11:55
Imho ducking behind (innocent) bystanders is just a tactic....

I would really like something like this. Remove all safe zones.... drawing a weapon = warning, shooting/using a weapon = instant massive SL hit and chased down by copbots until death... maybe even a few times... ;)

And if you see a fire-fight.... run for your lives or they'll use you as "armor"..

Now THAT would be the atmosphere I'd like!!!!!

(Needs some tweaking in other game mechanics too... but hey... would be awesome).

ezza
05-04-04, 11:59
they should return it to the normal plasma, bystanders should be able to get shot by accident and stuff, make it more interesting

n3m
05-04-04, 12:07
yeah that sounds cool, normal plasma. Not the fire fx where you lag down to 4fps and can't move.

//edit:
downloading demo now :)