PDA

View Full Version : Sunday saturn lag.

Gestra
04-04-04, 18:02
So hows the situation coming alone?

Any news on a fix to the problem that forums mods said was being worked on?

Or will saturn be forced to endure months more of lag every sunday without fail

LiL T
04-04-04, 18:24
Its funny I normal get lag on sunday but I don't see any today

Gestra
04-04-04, 18:26
Been getting the usually 2-5 second spikes here. People on TS getting the same ones as well.

Capt. Rik
04-04-04, 19:05
i've got 2 chars currently stuck in perma-sync

lag for me has been really bad for the last 30 minutes

DonnyJepp
04-04-04, 19:28
This thing with rebuffs not sticking (worse than usual) has been going on all week, my shelter/def/etc wears off and I recast, but it doesn't stick. I then try to recast multiple times, then relog and discover a totally different set of spells on me than was showing pre-relog.

:mad:

DigestiveBiscui
04-04-04, 19:28
yup - just got a shit load of lag vs u gest at gravis :p

its sunday, what else do we expect :(

Cytaur
04-04-04, 20:14
its called sunday saturn lag because you suckas should be at church and not playing demonic games ! :rolleyes:

enigma_b17
04-04-04, 21:56
god damn it fix the god damn server, when something is broken FIX IT

darknessfairy
04-04-04, 21:57
*sigh* once again the same thread, the same day, the same people moaning. Do you not understand people are bored of your whining? Go back to playschool please :)

enigma_b17
04-04-04, 21:59
normally id agree, but the fact of the matter is the lag is making the game unplayable and we have the rite to complain in this case :P

darknessfairy
04-04-04, 22:01
Yes but do we need the same post week after week?

If you cant deal with the lag either switch server or quit. get over yourselves and STOPWHINE

Kenjuten
04-04-04, 22:22
In retrospect, if no one complains, usually no one will fix it unless the fixers themselves need fo fix it to suit their interests.

But...well........maybe if the lagtalk was concentrated into ONE CONSTANT thread, that might do better than make a new thread each week. :p

enigma_b17
04-04-04, 22:40
to be fair the lag has been unbarable ive been unbuffed half the fucking nite cause they wont bloody well stick, then when they finally do after about 60 casts i get a lag period and end up with no buffs again

jiga
04-04-04, 22:46
Go back to playschool please
I'm not going back there! They make us drink lots of milk...

Jadzia Eleazar
04-04-04, 22:48
The situation won't change unless KK decides to get some new servers.
Not the crap u usually get at from the discounters with VIA or SiS chipsets, but real servers with dual or even quad CPUs, plenty of cache, SCSI or FC disks instead of IDE, etc.
I really wonder how KK wants to get BDoY running on the crap they call servers.

Gestra
04-04-04, 22:51

If you cant deal with the lag either switch server or quit. get over yourselves and STOPWHINE

Yes we do need the same post everyweek. Maybe eventually something will be done about it.

maybe you could stop with the trolling and unconstructive fucking posts with no purpose. People like playing perhaps on a decent server and not a shitty uranus.

40$Poser
04-04-04, 22:55

if everyone had your train of thought, redudant issues with this game probably wouldn't be fixed or looked into. I think any like minded company would be happy to have their customers giving them feedback, even tho it may not seem good, we'd like to see the Saturn lag issue looked into and fixed. It's not too much to ask, we like playing the game, so why would we quit for lag? Anyways, I've been on jupiter, haven't had a lag spike like saturn is having frequently. So something is indeed wrong with Saturn.

btw... don't reply if you don't like the thread. Simple enough, and if anyone should get overthemselves, might be you because obviously you don't play Saturn or believe in such a thing as lag.

superfresh
04-04-04, 22:59
Haven't been playing in a couple months. I've NEVER seen lag as bad as what has been going on on saturn. Lowest FPS I've ever gotten. Cant switch spells, etc.. Back to NWN. Shame, I'd rather be playing NC but it simply isnt possible the way Saturn is performing.

StryfeX
04-04-04, 23:52
And my friends wonder why I don't like to play on Sundays. :p

--Stryfe

mdares
04-04-04, 23:57
we saturn peeps post these every week just to let them know that it IS a very important issue. While we know that they are bizy, call this a "reminder" that the saturn lag issue is still around and that simply ignoring it wont make it go away

(while its true that all real life systems are self regulating such that they always reach a new steady state, in this case the new steady state is lag, which is something that we dunt want. In this manner kk is like the controller that is needed to tell lvl3 that "hey ur fucking up!")

sorry taking a process control class... just had to say it :D

Marx
05-04-04, 00:06
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY.

Evidently there's a monster truck rally where the servers are housed.

darknessfairy
05-04-04, 00:12
if everyone had your train of thought, redudant issues with this game probably wouldn't be fixed or looked into. I think any like minded company would be happy to have their customers giving them feedback, even tho it may not seem good, we'd like to see the Saturn lag issue looked into and fixed. It's not too much to ask, we like playing the game, so why would we quit for lag? Anyways, I've been on jupiter, haven't had a lag spike like saturn is having frequently. So something is indeed wrong with Saturn.

btw... don't reply if you don't like the thread. Simple enough, and if anyone should get overthemselves, might be you because obviously you don't play Saturn or believe in such a thing as lag.

this same thread last week got closed. now in the closing message it said KK is trying to fix it. so let them fix it.

and no i dont play on saturn but i do get lag spikes. and yes my fps does get very low. so im not just moaning about all of you moaning, im just trying to make you all understand that THEY ARE tryin to fix it, they have said so. so no need for these posts.

if you want to get noticed more, email, like i have said every other thread. that way the people that matter (no offence mods, i love you really) can get the information that they need.

im not sayin dont post these threads but make sure that this isnt all that you do to try and get it fixed :)

40$Poser
05-04-04, 00:20
this same thread last week got closed. now in the closing message it said KK is trying to fix it. so let them fix it.

and no i dont play on saturn but i do get lag spikes. and yes my fps does get very low. so im not just moaning about all of you moaning, im just trying to make you all understand that THEY ARE tryin to fix it, they have said so. so no need for these posts.

if you want to get noticed more, email, like i have said every other thread. that way the people that matter (no offence mods, i love you really) can get the information that they need.

im not sayin dont post these threads but make sure that this isnt all that you do to try and get it fixed :)

hrhr, so I'm expected to do what else besides notify the company running the game that the servers they are currently using are having issues? write a letter, fly to germany, e-mail level 3?

I know one thing, I'm here to play this game and if I can't play the game because there's lag spikes every sunday, I'd hope at least an official response on the situation would be made. That's the least that could be done to let us know that the problem is understood and being dealt with.

strangelove
05-04-04, 01:34
yes. please fix it! its not worth fighting at sundays at the moment, we really tried but no way like this... o_O

Angeleyes, LoD

Barak
05-04-04, 01:38
jesus christ DF let it go on - they need to knock it into KK with a mallet ffs before it gets sorted.

L3m0n
05-04-04, 02:19

every time one of us sturn peeps posts on a pluto server (for example) we get told to fuck off so
**** OFF AND GO POST ON YOUR OWN NIBBISH SERVER THREADS
you are not putting anything that is helpfull into this topic
we are going to keep telling them till they get it fixed.
We pay money to play and if we cant play because of a problem there end they have to sort it and its up to us as paying customers to keep going on and on till they fix it (which i hope/sure there doing) :lol:

darknessfairy
05-04-04, 10:40
every time one of us sturn peeps posts on a pluto server (for example) we get told to fuck off so
**** OFF AND GO POST ON YOUR OWN NIBBISH SERVER THREADS
you are not putting anything that is helpfull into this topic
we are going to keep telling them till they get it fixed.
We pay money to play and if we cant play because of a problem there end they have to sort it and its up to us as paying customers to keep going on and on till they fix it (which i hope/sure there doing) :lol:

wow someone got hit with the unhappy stick