PDA

View Full Version : anyone like my new sig?

tomparadox
04-04-04, 08:47
anyone like meh sig ^^

MegaCorp
04-04-04, 08:50
i like it. :)

I haven't the knowledge or skills to create a sig, either animated like yours or the cool looking static ones that other people have.

Spook

tomparadox
04-04-04, 08:52
thx, i dident "make" the smiles but i did find em then made em into a gif that size useing Flash MX. i think nid should use the banned one when hes ganna ban someoen ^^

Lanigav
04-04-04, 10:40
Its very....thin.

And the file size on that should destroy a good number of 56kers. ;)

Cytaur
04-04-04, 10:42
I say its noob and like.... you know... noob

subsys
04-04-04, 12:06
I say its noob and like.... you know... noob
back in the box now insult monkey

i think it kinda cool, it is fscking huge tho

t0tt3
04-04-04, 12:36
Yea... to big in size and the resolution sorta sucks :rolleyes:

But the animation it selfe is cool... to bad you cant have it here

tomparadox
04-04-04, 18:59
and why cant i have it here?

Tratos
04-04-04, 19:02
Sigs are not allowed to take up exccesive band width (i think its like 100k max) and so are normaly JPEGs or shorter movies, a mod will probably PM you when he sees this thread.

|Tratos

Nidhogg
04-04-04, 19:04
For everyone's benefit, 100K is about the maximum size we allow sigs to be so I'm afraid the one above is far too large.

N

Cytaur
04-04-04, 20:05
For everyone's benefit, 100K is about the maximum size we allow sigs to be so I'm afraid the one above is far too large.

N

then why don't you take it off already o_O

Nidhogg
04-04-04, 20:19
Because unless the sig is completely unacceptable (e.g. graphically huge or offensive) we give people the opportunity to change it themselves. Only if people refuse or ignore the message do we change it for them.

N

MegaCorp
05-04-04, 20:55
Because unless the sig is completely unacceptable (e.g. graphically huge or offensive ...)
You are joking, right? With all due respect Nidhogg, i dont think you moderators have a clue what the word "offensive" really means. There is one guy on this forum who has a pair of animated graphics, one is a guy and gal fucking, and the other is a pair of insects fucking ... the fact that you let that stuff be posted clearly shows you folks are clueless. And if you also let the word "fucking" remain in my posting here it further emphasizes that same point; and if you only censor my words and those graphics remain it would make it even more of a joke. And if all of it remains ... then please tell me what *is* offensive to you people ... i would dearly love to know, it would probably be quite entertaining - and educational as well.

Spook

P.S. i am no prude, i do see some humor in those graphics and they are both artfully done and done well ... and i can, and often do, swear like a dock worker and probably know and *use* more obscenities than most people on these forums ... but at least i have the good taste to know when that stuff is not appropriate in public and on game forums. Many of the posters here, and you moderators, seem to lack that degree of good judgement.

Kenjuten
05-04-04, 21:55
Somethin' tells me if you ran this game, Pepper Park would be heavily moderated by CityAdmin internally and not just externally. =P

Plus, the topic is about a huge sig download-wise.

MegaCorp
05-04-04, 21:58
Yeah, i know, i just got irked by Nid's posting is all - the incongruity of what he said versus actual reality on the forum. If i was seriously offended by all the crap here and in game i would obviously not be here.

Spook

Nidhogg
06-04-04, 00:21
I missed this one. The problem with the sig on this thread was that it was way too big in terms of download size which meant that it would have caused all kinds of pain for people with slow connections.

Why do you assume that I'm refering solely to sexual material when I talk about a sig being offensive? This forum is for an "M" rated game and a certain amount of leeway is going to be given within the confines of that certification. A couple of animated characters going at it isn't offensive in my book. A nun masturbating with a cross is (and yes, we've had that one on a sig). Sigs with ************ symbols are offensive. Sigs that make fun of disabled people are offensive. We've had them all and they've all been removed.

If you wish to discuss this further, please PM me. Thanks.

N

MegaCorp
06-04-04, 03:32
Nidhogg,

You have provided a clear, consistent, and acceptable answer. Thank you.

Please note, however, that nowhere on the Necron Web Forum page, where the posting rules of conduct are given (the page you see the first time you begin to enter these forums), does it say anything about this being officially an "M" rated forum. And i doubt that point is made clear anywhere else either, other than your recent post in response to mine - although i might be mistaken about that. That is why i did not personally understand where you people were drawing the line, so to speak - because *i* never saw that kind of explanation. So I would like to suggest that the "M" rating *is* made quite clear on that Neocron Web Forum page.

Regards,

Spook

P.S. i was not assuming that you were referring solely to sexual material, but rather sexual material was seemingly the most blatant instance to be addressed. In any event, the matter is moot, as a result of your timely response.

garyu69
06-04-04, 03:50
Surely they look at us as all being mature grown ups and the word 'Fuck' won't offend us. :rolleyes:

NS_CHROME54
06-04-04, 03:56
"fuck" doesn't offend anyone these days. the whole world has been "brave new world"'ized, thus sex is pretty much "ho hum, daily life, go to work, eat, have sex... you get my drift.

a nun masturbating with a cross is extraordinarely offensive as it uses a sexual connotation to mock religion (yeah i'm a christian so sue me, if it had been the prophet of islam (can't remember how to spell his name) or buddha, it would have been just as bad). mocking religion is essentially mocking 99% of the people on the face of this earth.

as far as the sig goes, sorry i never got to see it. pm me with a link to it if you so desire.

naimex
06-04-04, 04:15
with all due respect to the nature of the debate you are running, and at the thread starter..

But doesnt this really classify as spam ?

Meaning, a thread made for the sole purpose of asking if someone likes a signature.. its changed in every post ever made.

if it deserves noticing, it will most likely be thrown in as a sidecomment in a reply.

However regarding the debate on morale and ethics this has turned into..

IIRC religion is not allowed to be debated on these forums.

Now, I personally donīt mind people debating about religious believes, and personal opinions on ethical subjects.

Ethics is individual, and I think it should stay that way.

However I feel myself neccessary to agree with a previous poster. :

There has to be "carved in steel" guidelines to what can and cannot be discussed and/or be accepted as "A-OK" for the forum, in terms of Avatars and Signatures.

**In case I offended anyone in any way, I didnīt mean to, just thought it was the right time for me to post my point of view on this situation.**

hegemonic
06-04-04, 04:28
You are joking, right? With all due respect Nidhogg, i dont think you moderators have a clue what the word "offensive" really means. There is one guy on this forum who has a pair of animated graphics, one is a guy and gal fucking, and the other is a pair of insects fucking ....

What is wrong with that? Who doesn't want to watch the birds and bees and insects in action?

Spook

P.S. i am no prude, i do see some humor in those graphics and they are both artfully done and done well ... and i can, and often do, swear like a dock worker...

I AM a "dock worker", we prefer to be called longshoremen, and I take offense to this post. Why at our very last union meeting, we were discussing how profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate.
:lol:

MegaCorp
06-04-04, 20:57
I AM a "dock worker", we prefer to be called longshoremen, and I take offense to this post. Why at our very last union meeting, we were discussing how profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate.
Nice reposte, gratz. :lol:

"fuck" doesn't offend anyone these days.
It is all a matter of time and place. This is the only forum and MMORPG that i am aware of where you can use such words and not be censored or possibly banned. Others may exist but i suspect they are currently in the minority. There are certainly many situations where using that word (and other more serious forms of profanity) would be significantly frowned upon or considered a very bad thing indeed (e.g. polite society, formal business situations, and so forth) ... whereas, yes, in many people's day-to-day lives no one even blinks an eye over it. For myself, i often enough swear a blue streak in private, but words other than a simple damn or crap are generally inappropriate amongst my friends and wider circle of acquaintances. So it all sort of depends. [shrug]

In any event, it has been made clear that it's okay in this forum and in game.

Spook

Gestra
06-04-04, 21:02
Offensive is defined as something a moderator PERSONALLY dislikes. So basically you will be asked to remove something if a mod does not like it. There is no rules just there own biased judgement.

thanks and good day.

Glok
06-04-04, 21:05
*sigh* http://www.ttlg.com/forums/images/smilies/shake.gif

Saza
06-04-04, 21:06
What do you guys think of my sig?

naimex
06-04-04, 21:20
What do you guys think of my sig?

text is a bit hard to read, but except for that, its nice.

Judge
06-04-04, 21:53
Offensive is defined as something a moderator PERSONALLY dislikes. So basically you will be asked to remove something if a mod does not like it. There is no rules just there own biased judgement.

Errr.... lol?

*cough*noob*cough*

Kenjuten
06-04-04, 23:30
Ah, he just has a chip on his shoulder, don't mind 'im :D

Sig looks okay, I suppose. The CityMercs logo is kinda too transparent for my tastes tho.