PDA

View Full Version : Now What? (Soullight -100)

TraumaTeam
03-04-04, 18:28
I'm in the process of trying to take a character and move them from Twilight Guardian to Tangent. (It's an account I inherited from a friend and am trying to get him in the clan with my main TT character).

I started with a TT sympathy of -65, but by killing workers at Techhaven (thanks for the suggestion, BTW) I've gotten it up to 23.

My problems are this: I now have a -100 soullight and a -99 NEXT sympathy.

How do I raise my soullight? Also, is there a way to up my NEXT sympathy without screwing up all of my other faction scores?

- Nekura

alig
03-04-04, 18:31
It's not exploiting and its not being honest, kill a 0/2 over and over lol, you could of killed a 0/2 biotech and gained ALOT of TT symp and have the same SL because now you will show on the Terms and as soon as you come out your apt im sure there will be someone on wanting to kill you.

Oh your on pluto, its a bit harder, nvm.

Scikar
03-04-04, 18:31
You would have done far better to kill BioTech employees. Since they are enemies to both TT and TG, you wouldn't have lost SL. The usual method of regaining SL is simly to do missions, you get a bit of SL back for every mission you do, might take a while though. I suggest doing recycle missions and buying the chems instead of recycling them if you have the cash, or find out which BPs are needed for the research missions and get a load of them done, and do missons that way.

cRazy2003
03-04-04, 18:33
just sit in ur apt and leave ur comp and neocron running overnight
u should gain a bit back

Oath
03-04-04, 18:34
just sit in ur apt and leave ur comp and neocron running overnight
u should gain a bit back

not at that low SL.

alig
03-04-04, 18:34
Yeah that only works if your SL is higher than -32

cRazy2003
03-04-04, 18:35
not at that low SL.

KOS!!!

Oath
03-04-04, 18:36
KOS!!!

Omfg, i am like sooooooooooo giving you bad rep :p

Cubico
03-04-04, 18:38
I'm in the process of trying to take a character and move them from Twilight Guardian to Tangent. (It's an account I inherited from a friend and am trying to get him in the clan with my main TT character).

I started with a TT sympathy of -65, but by killing workers at Techhaven (thanks for the suggestion, BTW) I've gotten it up to 23.

My problems are this: I now have a -100 soullight and a -99 NEXT sympathy.

How do I raise my soullight? Also, is there a way to up my NEXT sympathy without screwing up all of my other faction scores?

- Nekura

Hows your TG sympathy?

cRazy2003
03-04-04, 18:38
Omfg, i am like sooooooooooo giving you bad rep :p

!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*looks for the rep thing*
go on the neocron irc channel so i can shout kos at j00 boy

Crono
03-04-04, 19:05
lol, you cant sit in your apartment all night regaining SL, this game has a built in feature safty mechanisim that synches you out with 15 min of inactivity ;p

-Crono

TraumaTeam
03-04-04, 19:47
Well, it sounds like I just completely f'd this up... :)

I'm now thinking I should just bite the bullet and reroll as a TT from the start. Plus, I can keep the LE in during the leveling period. (I've been PK'd twice today while trying to do stupid "KILL DISEASED RAT" missions in the PP sewers...) As long as I'm going to have to do 98 (!) missions in the damned sewer, I might as well start from scratch so my factions aren't totally hosed.

Thanks to everyone for their help. Next time, I know better. :)

Edit: One question - if I have purchased apartments, if I pass the key to another character will all the stuff stay there? (Or does resetting the key create a whole new apartment?)

J. Folsom
03-04-04, 19:49
Missions, missions, missions and more missions!

Just go do delivery jobs in wherever you can do it where there are no copbots!

If you can't, just do quickjobs on wasteland based mobs.

TraumaTeam
03-04-04, 19:50
Hows your TG sympathy?

-99 o_O

Yeah, this character is toast...

cRazy2003
03-04-04, 19:56
its easy
go into a faction with ok symp, i dont think guards are effected by sl anyways, and a faction where ur symp isnt fucked
find a research mission and go see the guy and find out what u need, then cancel the mission, do this about 10 times and u should find out what the items are, in most research missions for factions there is only 1 of 3 items u need blueprints for, once u find out all 3, buy the 3 items, get a researcher to get about 100 blueprints for each item, then in the faction hq just keep running back and forwards from the citycom to the guy who does the research missions and giving the cubes, if u run out, get the researcher to do another batch, ur symp and SL goes up pritty damn quick, its like completeing a mission once a minute

Epsilon 5
03-04-04, 20:00
to transfer vehicles and apartments you need to give the keys to another character who then MUST activate the keys so he owns them! If you own the apartment when you delete the character - no matter who has the actual key - the apartment will be deleted

Valkyrie
03-04-04, 20:07
Before you delete the char, try talking to a GM about it, file an in-game ticket. Similar thing happened to me when i got kicked from my faction after leaving an old clan, i got -100 symp in said faction and started killing FA turrets to get it back up. This absolutely screwed my SL and i lost a load of items. I talked to a GM and he reset my SL to -32 and it's easy from there. No item return though - fair enough really.

jiga
03-04-04, 21:25
the TG delivery jobs are quite a quick way to get ur sl back up

Serpent
03-04-04, 21:37
i would say go to oz, and make missions :lol:

in 10hours u finished, i think :P

psychowar
03-04-04, 22:54
find a runner with bad sl and kill him (maybe he genrepped next to you some times and you can kill him again) :p

fastest way to gain sl (imo)

J. Folsom
03-04-04, 22:59
Killing negative SL runners hasn't worked to gain SL for the last 6 or 7 months I believe.

Splaticus
04-04-04, 11:39
FYI You can have a SL that is lower than -100. I think the bottom is -120 (thats where I bottomed out), so if you run a few missions and your SL does not change to -99 right away dont panic. Just keep doing missions. Also, it can take multiple missions to go from -99 to -98 and so forth. The worse your SL the harder it is to raise it. In other words, it will take fewer missions to go from -50 to -40 than from -90 to -80.

Good luck with the SL.

alig
04-04-04, 13:02
lol, you cant sit in your apartment all night regaining SL, this game has a built in feature safty mechanisim that synches you out with 15 min of inactivity ;p

-Crono

No it doesnt.

Clownst0pper
04-04-04, 13:07
Killing negative SL runners does work, I killed a faction enemy two days ago, who had below -32 SL.

I got the message "you gained a great deal of soulight" and so I did.

The proberbility of finding someone with low SL is very very small, and doesnt raise is enough as you will be wanting.

Personally your best bet is to get a cyclop's mission done @ jeriko OP, then go AFK over night in your Apartment, it will then kick start the drop in your SL, that isnt to say it will be anywhere near positive when U wake up!

Did you not realise that your SL was becomming worse when killing tangent employees? and why didnt you stop? :confused:

sparrowtm
13-04-04, 13:39
homicide

Zaq
13-04-04, 13:49
homicide

errr yeah ok any of your 3k posts any longer than one word?? O_o
another one for you Nid

johngreen2000
13-04-04, 15:47
let me clarify a few things

you dont get your sl going up naturally unless its less than -30 believe me look at my other thread started 2 days ago about -32sl.

Whoever said you cant leave a charcter on over night because it will sync after 15 minute..thats bullshit I left my character on several nights in a row. You do sometimes sync but its not on purpose its just your game fuxXxoring up. But I leave charachters afk over night 2-3 times a week and atleast 1-2 days they make it all the ways through the night without syncing.

blaczero
13-04-04, 16:06
a friend of mine has -55 SL and i just pointed him to do the following.

base out of the prison (OZ8) for access to citycom terms for missions.

the next zone over is OZ 4 and has a basement (or cellar) with hurlers (very close to the OZ 8 prison entrance), launcher cyc's etc... you can take missions for the launchers or if your faction sympathy is lower, you can take missions for mutant type of mobs (corporals, warriors etc...). right outside of that basement there is a large mutant spawn.

ezza
13-04-04, 16:21
let me clarify a few things

you dont get your sl going up naturally unless its less than -30 believe me look at my other thread started 2 days ago about -32sl.

Whoever said you cant leave a charcter on over night because it will sync after 15 minute..thats bullshit I left my character on several nights in a row. You do sometimes sync but its not on purpose its just your game fuxXxoring up. But I leave charachters afk over night 2-3 times a week and atleast 1-2 days they make it all the ways through the night without syncing.
ya i have a clan member who leaves his chars afk for the day a lot of the time and its rare he has a problem

El_MUERkO
13-04-04, 17:06
What level is your runner?

If you're high enough you could do launcher cyclopes missions at MB, the exp is better than rat missions in PP and dieing to people will be good for con and rasie your SL.

Just make sure your carying an epic weapon and nothing else :)

TraumaTeam
13-04-04, 17:12
I actually ended up rerolling this character. (I've already got him back up to level 22).

Thanks, all, for the advice. However, I decided that as long as I was going to need 70 missions to fix the soullight and faction sympathy I might as well start from scratch.

- Nekura

GT_Rince
13-04-04, 18:27
Edit: One question - if I have purchased apartments, if I pass the key to another character will all the stuff stay there? (Or does resetting the key create a whole new apartment?)

I have done this a thousand times. Never had any problems. Hand you key over to someone else (that you trust...), they register is, change the Password and then the apt belongs to them - along with all the goodies.

You roll, get key back and re-register to yourself again.

Worked every time in the last 18 months for me :)