PDA

View Full Version : Can we have some more ASGs?

MrChumble
03-04-04, 14:07
I was in a pretty good op fight yesterday, but eventually my poor nerfed hybrid took one bullet too many and fell over :(

Obviously I wanted to get back into the fight, so I decided to log my spy and take his Rhino.

By the time I'd GRd to the nearest ASG, lost enough SI to get on board, picked up my gunner from a nearby GR then driven 6 sectors to the fight O_o all the action was long finished. So I turned around and spent another 15 minutes driving back.

Vehicles could be so much fun at OP wars, but they hardly ever get used. The cost is one problem - a rhino is pretty much guaranteed to die at an op war, they don't fair well against tanks or APUs with PPUs - but the main issue for me is just getting them there in the first place. I'd love to have more ASGs in the 'black spots' on the maps, and/or faster vehicles. Thoughts?

msdong
03-04-04, 15:41
i think ppl need to run a little slower and stamina boosters should be nerfed. i hate when a *insert class here* keeps chasing me across 3 zones.
more asg .. dont think so.there will be more in the north sector of the map with doy i think.

maybe add more special ASG like bike only or special ones for gliders in the wast - would be cool.

Rade
03-04-04, 15:44
More ASGs please! The game should revolve alot more around vehicles. Take
some inspiration from planetside for example, thats how neocron should be.

Also I agree that the runspeed should be lowered overall. For two reasons, to
create incentive to use vehicles for travel but first and foremost to stop with
the silly running in circles against eachother. That was how fps games were
played 7 years ago, take a look at the modern fps games ffs, lower
runspeeds, use of covers etc. More realistic. Another thing Id like to see to
improve the fps part of the game is lower the amount of damage one can
take, shooting someone 70 times for them to keel over just feels wrong o_O

Glok
03-04-04, 15:46
Yes, make all vehicles faster. Runners able to outrun everything but the hover is just sick.

edit: Or what Rade said. :)

Archeus
03-04-04, 16:11
There are currently 10 ASGs in game. 11 if you are on Pluto.

We dont need any more ASGs.

rhino is pretty much guaranteed to die at an op war

Learn to use the Rhino better. Get a repair crew.

Btw, hovertec can out run anything and hit better inclines then a runner can.

Clownst0pper
03-04-04, 16:14
There should be ASG's which are half the size of the parent ones, that are on the sides of some OP's they are only able to spaun hovertechs/bikes/revellers, and cannot repair your vehicle. There should be several of these smaller ones around the map to make travel easier :)

Rade
03-04-04, 16:16
There should be ASG's which are half the size of the parent ones, that are on the sides of some OP's they are only able to spaun hovertechs/bikes/revellers, and cannot repair your vehicle. There should be several of these smaller ones around the map to make travel easier :)

Definately, every OP should have a lite version of the ASG.

Clownst0pper
04-04-04, 21:29
Definately, every OP should have a lite version of the ASG.

It will only ever occur when KK give us the ability to use vehicles, some how, without having to spec for it.

Perhaps something like the matrix - u implant a chip into your head, which is much like a hard drive, for vehicle use only, u go to an ASG, and download vehicle skill required for a vehicle onto the chip.
It then say becomes a rhino chip and gives the required amount to drive it. once in the vehicle u are fine, if u exit the vehicle, and move away from it some distance, the chip becomes in active, and can only become reactivated again at an ASG.

You obviously have to pay for the service and the (downloading) is much like the processing when being poked.

Just a thought :)

]v[ortice
04-04-04, 21:47
The map requires a GR at the Racetrack and the functionality of vehicles will be sorted :)

I'd also presume we're gettin 3 more ASGs with BDOY... would make sense :)

Saza
04-04-04, 22:50

Eh? Where's the eleventh one?

Marx
04-04-04, 22:51
Eh? Where's the eleventh one?At the demolition derby site.

Remove GR's and people would notice the ASG's a whole lot more.

Shadow Dancer
04-04-04, 22:55
Another thing Id like to see to
improve the fps part of the game is lower the amount of damage one can
take, shooting someone 70 times for them to keel over just feels wrong o_O

Not all battles are pe vs pe or pe vs tank. ;)

If apu vs apu was any faster..............:eek:

Anyways I voted faster vehicles and more asgs. Vehicles should be a much more integral part of the game. It's silly that I was able to chase down a rhino and circle strafe and shoot it while my droner friend shot it, then end up blowing up the rhino. I mean jeez. Same for trike. Vehicles should be *way* faster than people. Have you tested the speedbike? What a piece of poo. lol.

I mean increase speed for everything but Hov-tec. That's fine.

40$Poser
04-04-04, 22:59
here's how I see things.

I'm all for more ASGs and faster cars, but if that were to be done, to make vehicles not overpowerd. any vehicles that can fire, should be decreased in dmg output.

Honestly vehicles should be faster, it'd make them more worthwhile.