PDA

View Full Version : Signature size

Cytaur
03-04-04, 10:20
Lately, with that Launcher Pro, especially those 4 chars / server people (x multiple accounts) have all their characters shown in the signature. Mods don't tell anything, and here I bring this subject about fairness. I've seen a bunch of people whose launcher pro status exceeds twice the 100 pixels limit. Also there are those who have their 100 pixels image + all those status lines... Mods - do something about it !

msdong
03-04-04, 10:32
wheres no complain theres no action :wtf:

Invertigo
03-04-04, 10:37
i thought they could be as wide as the screen basically, and only 6 lines of text high...

and i havnt seen anyone with over 6 lines of there NLPro char stats

Cytaur
03-04-04, 10:39
i thought they could be as wide as the screen basically, and only 6 lines of text high...

and i havnt seen anyone with over 6 lines of there NLPro char stats

http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=1321330&postcount=10

look there
yeah it can be as wide as forums allow it but height 100 px

Invertigo
03-04-04, 10:43
http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=1321330&postcount=10

look there
yeah it can be as wide as forums allow it but height 100 px

6 lines = 100px right?

whos sig is over 6 lines/100 px?

Argent
03-04-04, 10:47
Who has viewing signatures enabled anyway? All they do is take space of my screen. And most of them are bullshit anyway (except mine of course!!11 :rolleyes:)

Gotterdammerung
03-04-04, 11:25
"Signatures may not be higher then 100 pixels in height, 6 lines of text or a combination of the two (for example, it is permissible to have a 50px graphic and 3 lines of text). Signature width may be as long as you require provided it does not extend the screen on a 1024*768 resolution and linked content must not consume excessive bandwidth. You can check your signature by right clicking on it and choosing properties; it will give you a length and width."

from here
http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=NeoContent&file=index&pageID=27#forumrules

the only time I have seen it bunch up and appear larger then 6 text lines is on my laptop, which is set as a much lower resolution then 1024x768. Perhaps that is your issue

Twitch
03-04-04, 11:30
Lately, with that Launcher Pro, especially those 4 chars / server people (x multiple accounts) have all their characters shown in the signature. Mods don't tell anything, and here I bring this subject about fairness. I've seen a bunch of people whose launcher pro status exceeds twice the 100 pixels limit. Also there are those who have their 100 pixels image + all those status lines... Mods - do something about it !

[edited violation of fourm rules-please do not troll][freya].................

steweygrrr
03-04-04, 12:09
edited for consistancy

For those with slower connections yes it does...takes twice as long to load :rolleyes:

Kenjuten
04-04-04, 02:21
Heh

Once BramTops gets his next NLPro out, my sig won't be so big. My signature was originally intended as a service, but if people're gonna bitch about it... O_o

The next version of NLPro will kill two birds with one stone. But I suppose I can dismantle the signature now.

Just keep in mind that I was VERY aware of the signature limit. I checked for the information that Gotter pasted and kept a 'construction' sign on my sig while I was working on it. If you see a sig that the mods DON'T complain about, it's your resolution that makes it seem unfit.

Glok
04-04-04, 02:33
Your sig is 10 lines of text at 1024x768. The new forums did that, it used to be 6.

Ascension
04-04-04, 03:21
Your sig is 10 lines of text at 1024x768. The new forums did that, it used to be 6.
agreed.. mines on 1024x768 also and its 10 lines..!

Kenjuten
04-04-04, 04:24
I see. Stupid new board. =\

I work at a res higher than 1024x768, that's why I didn't notice at all.

Once I get done reading new threads, I'm dismantling my sig.

Sorry for the inconvenience. ^^;

Edit: There, signature has been fixed. I'll need to figure out a more ingenious way to make my sig more serviceable. :D