PDA

View Full Version : Mountains need to be more... mountainous! Should KK do it?

NS_CHROME54
03-04-04, 06:49
I don't know about you, but when i roam through the mountain areas i really dont get any sense of looking down from atop a vast mountain peak, and the manly juices just aren't flowing. perhaps a redo of the mountain sectors, maybe enlarging each sector so we can make the mountains... more like mountains?

Lanigav
03-04-04, 07:37
Perhaps if they fix the traction for vehicles and give decent amounts of places to get through on foot, then I'm for it.

Drake6k
03-04-04, 07:40
http://www.neocron.com/~feidt/neocron_HUDprev_minimized.jpg

They are doing a little something I think.
I'm going to guess modeled rock formations mixed in the current terrain.

happyslinky
03-04-04, 07:45
the mountains should be redone BUT

-vehicle traction is a big issue.. there are still areas where it's possible to get stuck.

- with the current clipping limit, larger (taller?) mountains probly wouldnt be worth it.

higher resolution textures with more variation (and more variation in terrain geometry) would be a good change.

n3m
03-04-04, 11:35
ohh wow that reply screen looks strange O_o

anyway

- with the current clipping limit, larger (taller?) mountains probly wouldnt be worth it.

Sure they would, It's not like there aren't any mountains here on earth you can't see the top off

Cytaur
03-04-04, 11:52
I also want a sky resort OP in the mountains, and it MUST bring lots of revenue for owning PLAYER not clan o_O

cornelius5
03-04-04, 11:58
soliko is kinda a big mountain isnt it?

Cytaur
03-04-04, 12:02
Foster uplink was supposed to be in some sort of strategic location - in the middle of the mountains with only one entrance.... but any noob can go around on the mountains and jump in the middle of the op :(

Heavyporker
07-04-04, 23:54
I dearly, dearly hate the mountains atm..

but if KK fixed the mountain roads (some of them got trees in middle of them, some are so steep its impossible to go up on them) and also made them REALISTIC (i'm talking about craggy, not sloping, rocky, not grassy, trees hanging for dear life with exposed roots, not bored straight tall trees.) then i'd be all for bigger and badder mountains - make it so that TH is REALLY safe because of mountains - take you forever to get there by road, HAVE to fly in if you want to go there fast or with any force.

Make it so that people RESPECT mountains... fear them... dread having to go to TH if they don't have GR.

Oh, and fix hoverbots!!!

msdong
08-04-04, 00:18
everyone that ever played operation flashpoint knows how hills "should" look in a game ...

VictorKruger
08-04-04, 01:38
I have to agree with the rest of the replies. The vechicles need to be tweaked some more before they mess with the terrian. the hovertec, which is suppose to be the fastest vechicle in the game, has trouble going up hills that aren't very steep. As well as they need to do something about the placement of the trees in the mountain area. The trees seem to have been placed purposely in areas where you would get stuck easily.

Q`alooaith
08-04-04, 01:49
everyone that ever played operation flashpoint knows how hills "should" look in a game ...

Must agree, some of the resistance hot spot's where realy nice, all good..

one moment, somthing struck me, and though it hurt I now have an idea (maybe concusion too)

-=Bl@de=-
08-04-04, 01:58
get rid of those stupid holes u get stuck in and have to reset position

Richard Blade
08-04-04, 02:44
I voted yeah on the conditions that Lanigav and Bl@de set.

I don't play a rifle spy, but mountains should contain nice folds and ledges that an industrious rifle spy could use to good advantage.

awkward silence
08-04-04, 10:02
Vehicles should be able to get stuck in mountains (cmon vechs should be a nuisance in mountains). IRL ive been ''stuck'' in a pit in K2 so i think thats cool too. =)
Make mountain soooo big you cant see teh peaks from ground.
Air vechs should get up on all peaks but not ppl.

msdong
08-04-04, 11:45
. The vechicles need to be tweaked some more before they mess with the terrian. the hovertec, which is suppose to be the fastest vechicle in the game, has trouble going up hills that aren't very steep....

VHC are fine. all they have to do is send out a few guys that remove the Trees of the road and maybe flatten some sudden hills.

the hovertec have problems because it hovers!

stay on the road or know where you drive.

Superbron
08-04-04, 13:31
Agreed, introduce ski's to move quickly through the mountains. Maybe some a OP's selling booze while enjoying the view. Let avalanches roll from the mountains when temperature rises.