PDA

View Full Version : THREADS MERGED (again) - new forum (keep it here please)

Pages : [1] 2

cRazy2003
03-04-04, 01:59
wellaty wellaty :D
wot u think of the new forum
i personally think it cud do with sumore color
and its actually hard to read some things, wot do u think?

Q`alooaith
03-04-04, 02:00
Is it not normal to give some form of warning when you change the forum system..

I mean all the worry's about new spyware and without a single warning forum changes a bit, which not too bad, but then.. arrgggg, paranoid me, not that I mind if somone know's my forum password, not hard..

But anyway, can we have somthing offcail and solid.. please..

P!tch Black
03-04-04, 02:00
Yeah needs a bit of colour and will take some time to get use to but think its quite cool

oh and looks like smiles dont work yet

Tratos
03-04-04, 02:01
Confusing as fuck.

Needs new edit quote buttons as they are teh small and the smilys need fixing :p

hehehe nice features but damn i really dislike the layout

~Tratos

ahhh that looks so much better not on IRC :p

ONOZ TEH WILLI4M SH4TNER

Odin
03-04-04, 02:03
Is it not normal to give some form of warning when you change the forum system..

Dafire "So want to do that upgrade on the forums now?"
Odin "Sure"
Dafire "Ok"

:)

Were going to be messing with a lot of stuff probably for the next week or so until we get every little detail like we want it. Definately some nice features to play with.

Q`alooaith
03-04-04, 02:04
oh it's like so... uhhhhhgg

My head just hurt's from looking at it, old system worked well enough why the change, oh please why the change..

But then, it's not so bad, once all the colours and tag's are set up properly.. ..

Dafire "So want to do that upgrade on the forums now?"
Odin "Sure"
Dafire "Ok"

Were going to be messing with a lot of stuff probably for the next week or so until we get every little detail like we want it. Definately some nice features to play with.

First thing you want to be "messing with" is the button's, they are all there, but way too small, Forum names are too large and the text is a little off, maybe a diffrent colour, then a quick word of warning on the Neocron.com webpage, maybe before the masses come back for the weekend, I mean, friday, do you rember the friday patches, I do oh how I rember them.....

P!tch Black
03-04-04, 02:04
alll i can say is "lol"

Tratos
03-04-04, 02:06
just been browsing th features and some of them are REAL nice.

~Tratos

cRazy2003
03-04-04, 02:08
look next to ur avatar etc on the bottom left, it has add to this persons reputation :D
KOOLNESS

joran420
03-04-04, 02:09
neat-o..................................

(added dots cause i dont know how many chars u need for a message to be accepted)

stoopid anti spam measures

Q`alooaith
03-04-04, 02:10
look next to ur avatar etc on the bottom left, it has add to this persons reputation :D
KOOLNESS

oh no, no, no n onon noo onnoonno no..

I rember saying about forum's that had a rating system over a postcount system, it's all my fault, nooooooooooooooooo...

:confused:

Odin
03-04-04, 02:13
neat-o..................................

(added dots cause i dont know how many chars u need for a message to be accepted)

stoopid anti spam measures

I personally love that feature :)

Anyways let me know here on anything missing as were going through things. So far we got the smileys fixed. Looking for the reply button on PM's at the moment.

Invertigo
03-04-04, 02:15
wahh wahh wahhhhhhhhhhhh

i dont like it... old one was better...

it looks confusing...hard to read things clearly...just looks all out of place...

edit: and since the background color of the posts are now differnet, my sig looks dumb as i cant make it trasnparent because of the glowing effects :mad:

Q`alooaith
03-04-04, 02:16
I. Looking for the reply button on PM's at the moment.

If you click the forumnites name you get a quicklist which among it's many option's is PM..

Tratos
03-04-04, 02:16
Wow a birthday feature and a calender coooool, heh and like a centre feature for centreing things and stuff, im beginning to like this heh :D

Assimilator
03-04-04, 02:17
I'll admit, the gray text and the dark gray background makes the text a little hard to reach. I'm not kidding when I say I think a headache's forming... o_O

Other than that... It's nice. Oh, you might wanna change the text color of "Smilies" in the "smilies selection" box, the current white color blends in with the manilla color.

Melkior
03-04-04, 02:18
ok, how to really trip someone out when they log on at 1am after getting very drunk....

G.0.D.
03-04-04, 02:19
Change is scary

joran420
03-04-04, 02:19
where is reputation shown :P i gave u a bad rep cause u like the min post char thing

Invertigo
03-04-04, 02:20
would there be anyway to make it look more like the old one, and keep all the new features?

Ascension
03-04-04, 02:20
Change is scary

Hell yeah.. i was like o_O

anyways for all you sig makers who used the forum colour back ground unlucky

http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/vertsig.gif

^^ Example

Tratos
03-04-04, 02:21
Ok posting in Dark Orange cos its readable, heh :) perhaps this for the actual colour of text? cos the grey on grey is really painful for the eyes.

~Tratos

Did the forum just change colour? and style 8|

G.0.D.
03-04-04, 02:22
My sig didnt MWAHAHHAHA OWNEDDD!! SEX SEX SEX SEX

(Testing the spam button... nifty feature)

joran420
yeah i dont really like the horizontal lines.... O_o

[edit] heh the lines are gone now

MrChumble
I quite like it. It seems a bit messy in places (like random boxes around stuff) and the thread list page is a bit loose, but otherwise it's much like any other forum :)

Ascension
03-04-04, 02:23
Thts better.. Darker.. Darker, {skin change}

oh yeah and check here. dead images.. http://neocron.jafc.de/calendar.php?

Q`alooaith
03-04-04, 02:23
Change is scary

I agree, but change can also make room for new growth and the culling of wasted resources, better to be ever changing and starve, than never changed and rotten to the core, with all dark slimy bit's and nasty creepy's eating the mushing goo that was once a grand and noble forum.....

I'm almost sure QD would have something to say about all this, I'll have to rember to ask him.

Invertigo
03-04-04, 02:25
muahhaa i can add my sig back now if i just change the background color ;)

seratoz
As of 7:23 EST I am really liking the way this looks and the extra features as of yet. I really didnt like the dark grey background and was just about to post, then i clicked to the next page to finish reading these and everything changed lol. Anyways, keep it up

[edit] However unless im missing it, where the star rating system gone?

[edit#2] I was missing it lol, this will take some getting use to

Tratos
looking alot better now, either background darker or font colour changed.

~Tratos

Ascension
Try this hex code for the background..

#505050 thts the original :)

Invertigo
03-04-04, 02:26
Try this hex code for the background..

#505050 thts the original :)

yea use the original, and also enlarge the quote options and stuff

edit: sexxxx

Tratos
03-04-04, 02:27
woahn they used orange ]

me = win :D

And yes that backgroud colour spot on :)

~Tratos

Ascension
ligher ligher :p u made it to dark this is the original although the darker isnt tht bad

joran420
mucho mejor no not lighter this is perfect(imho) and also make the edit and quote buttons bigger if u can

Invertigo
what does that off the scale thing mean?

damn whoever is changing the forum is fast :D

Q`alooaith
03-04-04, 02:29
dagnbit, you changed it before I got to post to say not to change it because it was good enough that my eye's no longer ached...

Invertigo
look my sig works again http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/vertsig.gif
:D

Tratos
no more orange :( but yeah starting to look like home :)

~Tratos

Kasumi
03-04-04, 02:30
I dont like it.. ^_^ I however do like the user control panel.. really nice.. ^.^

Invertigo
03-04-04, 02:32
hmm..i cant seem to add my pic back into my sig...

when i click on edit sig, it shows the url witht he img brackets... but it doesnt show up in the posts

edit: nm... i guess it just took a couple mins

Marx
I uh...

How do I get home?

I'm really..

lost.

=/

Ascension
okay okay its looking better :) im being lazy but sum 1 fix these to match the scheme..

http://neocron.jafc.de/images/neocron/buttons/report.gif
http://neocron.jafc.de/images/neocron/buttons/reputation.gif
http://neocron.jafc.de/images/neocron/statusicon/user_online.gif
http://neocron.jafc.de/images/neocron/statusicon/user_offline.gif

hmm..i cant seem to add my pic back into my sig...

when i click on edit sig, it shows the url witht he img brackets... but it doesnt show up in the posts

edit: nm... i guess it just took a couple mins

fine for me :) - i can see it :)

Kasumi
03-04-04, 02:33
Why is everthing SO BIG! Is there a way to make thing smaller?? :/

Invertigo
03-04-04, 02:34
Why is everthing SO BIG! Is there a way to make thing smaller?? :/

some things are hella big and then some are smaller...kinda weird O_o

Hippieman
03-04-04, 02:35
Ack! Its so....soo....wrong and ugly. We need the orginal style back.

Oh yea +1 :lol:
Hrhr first +1 one woot

Q`alooaith
Nice, pretty nice.. Though a strikeout text would be good, so we can make the nice commend like below..

It'll do I think, might lure me to [strikeout]spam[/stuckout], post more... blah blah blah blah.. and so on..

somone's been rating people, such a shame the rating start out with such a ture of phrase, though I'm sure that can change, though it's nice I must say..

Mingerroo
I like the new look, especially the added information all over the place. It will certainly be interesting to see how people's rating affects both their posting and the response they get.

Steve

Possessed
03-04-04, 02:36
MY EYES!!!!!

Here comes a headache :(

Kasumi
03-04-04, 02:37
Rating?? What about a rating?? I dont see a rating.. :( Feel like I am reading forum in 800x600.. Even though i am using 1280x1024 :(

Invertigo
03-04-04, 02:37
i think they need to change the font size of the names above the avatar to a little smaller...

Drake6k
03-04-04, 02:38
OMG ItS SO UGLY

(edit, and it changed my caps to uncaps... :wtf: )

Marx
03-04-04, 02:40
IT NEED TO BE HAXXED TO TEH MAX

Q`alooaith
Rating?? What about a rating?? I dont see a rating.. :( Feel like I am reading forum in 800x600.. Even though i am using 1280x1024 :(

http://neocron.jafc.de/images/neocron/buttons/reputation.gif

that'd be the one, just below the person's avatar in a post..

I can kinda see what you mean about the names though, Q`alooaith look's all stretched out and diffrent.. ahh well..

Ascension
Change this ^^ blue line to orange :)

Odin
As I said we are still playing with it and will for a week or so. Multiple skins can be made so you guys can have choices. I personally want a black/orange mix like the old neocron.com homepage :)

Scikar
I like it. I'm sure there'll be a way somewhere to make it look exactly the same as the old one.

Kasumi
03-04-04, 02:42
As I said we are still playing with it and will for a week or so. Multiple skins can be made so you guys can have choices. I personally want a black/orange mix like the old neocron.com homepage :)

I want something Pink, purple and white! :P Like my signature! ^.^ I can dream! ^_^

DaFire
03-04-04, 02:43
also check the WYSIWYG editor .. I think you can choose it in your options ;)

Q`alooaith
03-04-04, 02:47
also check the WYSIWYG editor .. I think you can choose it in your options ;)

ok, let me get this straight, forum system changes and you don't know all the in's and out's of it?

It's going to be a long week..

:p

Possessed
03-04-04, 02:48
ARGGGGHGHHGH A POX ON THEE FOR VIOLATING MY EYES THUS!!!!

Headache =/

Odin
03-04-04, 02:48
ok, let me get this straight, forum system changes and you don't know all the in's and out's of it?

It's going to be a long week..

It's a big update to VB 3.0. We played with it some but we don't have a total idea of it. So much is new. Niddy was like a child on xmas the first day we had a temp version up and he spent 12 hours playing with functions.

Ascension
03-04-04, 02:50
TESTING THE WYSIWYG EDITOR ,OMG HOW COOL!

Marx
03-04-04, 02:53
TESTING THE WYSIWYG EDITOR ,OMG HOW COOL!

This board needs cooler emotes.

Ascension
03-04-04, 02:54
This board needs cooler emotes.Yeah they're gettin old now and loosing meaning

Q`alooaith
03-04-04, 02:54
It's a big update to VB 3.0. We played with it some but we don't have a total idea of it. So much is new. Niddy was like a child on xmas the first day we had a temp version up and he spent 12 hours playing with functions.

I can just see it now..

N- "ooohhh look what I can do"

*Temp version crashes*

N- "ooop's, well we know not to do that now"

DF- "....."

Oh, can the first week's rating be cleared off, I don't know much about them but when you get negative rating's saying "just testing" and "testing 1, 2, 3" it kinda dampens the mood a little..

Invertigo
03-04-04, 02:55
you guys also need to make the sticky word bold next to the threads

Scikar
03-04-04, 02:56
I like the ones we have, we just need some more to add variation. And we definitely need some NC related ones. In fact, I'm going to start working on a few ideas, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to make a Tank PA smiley with a CS, in fact could probably go the whole hog and do every kind of weapon, plus a few mobs. :)

petek480
03-04-04, 02:58
I kinda like it, seems like theres lots more you can do now. Just please change it back so it looked like it did before!!

Marx
03-04-04, 02:58
Yeah they're gettin old now and loosing meaning

i'm a commando can you tell?

Tratos
03-04-04, 03:01
omg Verdana

TraumaTeam
03-04-04, 03:01
The look is a lot cleaner even if my eyes are still adjusting. 8| I think this is a good change. Thanks for the new forum!

Sleawer
03-04-04, 03:02
For some reason I can't see my buddies.

Altho the buddy list still displays the correct names in the update screen; anyone knows how to have the buddies online/offline like in the old forum?

Kasumi
03-04-04, 03:02
What is an emote?? Do you guys mean the Emoticons???

Edit: I like the new change, but at first it felt different.. http://www.kaomoji.net/kaoanidata/t-unnn.gif

Scikar
03-04-04, 03:03
If I have one criticism it's that things don't quite seem to 'fit'.

OMG M4TR1X!!

Tratos
03-04-04, 03:04
ohh centered signature me likes, and erm any chance you can make the line above the sig go all the way along the bottom, looks a bit naff just that little bit, that annoyed me on the old model as well O_o

~Tratos

Sleawer
03-04-04, 03:07
Hmm... threads that I already have read show as unread in the main page. Weird, they don't gray out once read.

joran420
03-04-04, 03:09
anything ive posted in shows as unread.....

[edit] actually the orange folder i guess isnt for unread info....look at the fonts on the titles they are bold if unread dunno what the orange folders are for

Sleawer
03-04-04, 03:11
Crap, now I fucked the forum settings. I see all threads gray except the ones I have posted in.

Do not select "Mark this forum as read" in 'Forum Tools' lol

Marx
03-04-04, 03:16
what the hell is reputation?

can I be a forum criminal?

edit - people, give me negetive reputation! Quick!

Scikar
03-04-04, 03:18
Dunno, but I have 12 rep points...

If you want I'll say I don't think your post contributed to the thread much and try to mark you down... :p

Marx
03-04-04, 03:19
If you want I'll say I don't think your post contributed to the thread much and try to mark you down... :p

do it.

added this because of this rule:

The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:

1.) The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Dribble Joy
03-04-04, 03:21
ooooooooooooooooooooooh

Scikar
03-04-04, 03:22
Alright, you are 'in an unknown quantity at this point'.

Sleawer
03-04-04, 03:22
FFS where is the buddy list with online/offline status?

MJS I can't see you in buddy mate, is this the end of our friendship? :(
I dare to put you on ignore!

/edit: oohh nice I can see who is looking this 'thread'.

Scikar
03-04-04, 03:26
Buddies have a + next to their name in the active users list on the main page, that's all I can find.

EDIT: Heh, think of the people posting and waiting for replies: "Hey Sleawer I know you've been reading this thread, post something ya bitch!" :p

joran420
03-04-04, 03:29
Alright, you are 'in an unknown quantity at this point'.

???? wtf that mean? where are u in an unkown quantity?

Ascension
03-04-04, 03:32
we definitely need some NC related ones. In fact, I'm going to start working on a few ideas, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to make a Tank PA smiley with a CS, in fact could probably go the whole hog and do every kind of weapon, plus a few mobs. :)
Ive just threw together a spy pa one http://www.farcryuniverse.com/sites/ncf/pics/spy.gif anyone like?

Q`alooaith
03-04-04, 03:32
???? wtf that mean? where are u in an unkown quantity?

AAG (at a guess) it's your not marked down a lot but not marked up a lot..

or some such..

Kasumi
03-04-04, 03:33
Ive just threw together a spy pa one http://www.farcryuniverse.com/sites/ncf/pics/spy.gif anyone like?
Make it pink and I will like it! ^_^

Scikar
03-04-04, 03:34
Looks good, though I think you should move the eyepieces up a little bit. I guess I should install Gimp on this comp and get started. :)

Marx
03-04-04, 03:34
Ive just threw together a spy pa one http://www.farcryuniverse.com/sites/ncf/pics/spy.gif anyone like?I love it.

In regards to this forum, I feel like a kid who just got one of those cool new binders for school... All those cool and amazing pockets and doodads.

In the end I'll never use half of them and it'll get old.

:(

joran420
03-04-04, 03:35

heh i thought it was a bowling ball

Sleawer
03-04-04, 03:41
Originally posted by Scikar
EDIT: Heh, think of the people posting and waiting for replies: "Hey Sleawer I know you've been reading this thread, post something ya bitch!" http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/tongue.gif Hehe nowhere to hide now :)

Originally posted by Ascention
Ive just threw together a spy pa one http://www.farcryuniverse.com/sites/ncf/pics/spy.gif anyone like?Cool we can play skittles now :p

Definetely the forum could get some new smilies now that they are at work.

Originally posted by Sleawer
SexYea, I gotta hate the quote system, as always :p

Ascension
03-04-04, 03:46
they are hard 2 do you know :rolleyes: it would have a big ( s ) on it :p

DaFire
03-04-04, 03:48
new smilies would be cool .. especially if they are done for neocron and not the ones everyone has

but I'll better go to bed now

kurai
03-04-04, 03:53
It's a big update to VB 3.0. We played with it some but we don't have a total idea of it.Aah.
The good old KK official Q.A. policy in action again :p

joran420
03-04-04, 03:54
i dont like how threads you have posted in are defaULT ORANGE WITH A BLACK DOT...WHY NOT HAVE THE FOLDER GREY WITH A BLACK DOT UNLESS THERES NEW INFO

damn caps locks and im too lazy to delete and retype it

Marx
03-04-04, 03:56
Anyone else just randomly giving people reputations?

mr murb
03-04-04, 04:00
I hate change.

I really do.
:(
I liked the old forum.
I thought it was better than most game forums.
(well when you write stuff I want to read)

Now every one is going to write in yellow. cause it is easier.
Now every one is going to write in orange. cause it is easier.
Now every one is going to write in red. cause it is easier.
Now every one is going to write in lime cause it is easier.
Now every one is going to write in blue. cause it is easier.

Can we make the use of more than 2 colors in a msg an instant ban.
can we make the use of any font larger than 4 an instant ban.

cRazy2003
03-04-04, 04:02
"Can we make the use of more than 2 colors in a msg an instant ban.can we make the use of any font larger than an instant ban"

no
and
no

Scikar
03-04-04, 04:17
Quick bash at tank with CS: http://www.getsomeskills.com/datas/users/13-tankpasmiley.gif

EDIT: Whoops transparency...

subsys
03-04-04, 04:37
is there anyway of getting rid of the underline on links? looks really odd atm (see my sig for example :) )

Cytaur
03-04-04, 04:49
eh looks ugly so far o_O

eh..... :mad: :mad: :mad:

amfest
03-04-04, 05:06
yea i tried to login to the forums cause I thought you had to enter your forum password when they were updating it. lol. I thought my username and password won't working. Guess it's cause I wasn't suppose to be able to log on :D

As for the look. I"m not going to complain yet. Give them some time to sort everything out. also you guys who use transparent sigs, If they are going to make multiple looks for the forum think about all the different background layouts cause your sig might look stupid on certain colors ;)

Invertigo
03-04-04, 05:10
yea i tried to login to the forums cause I thought you had to enter your forum password when they were updating it. lol. I thought my username and password won't working. Guess it's cause I wasn't suppose to be able to log on :D

As for the look. I"m not going to complain yet. Give them some time to sort everything out. also you guys who use transparent sigs, If they are going to make multiple looks for the forum think about all the different background layouts cause your sig might look stupid on certain colors ;)

yea im going to have to completely change mine :mad:

Drake6k
03-04-04, 05:11
Ok here's mine. Liberator smilie:

http://www.jackdiehl.com/uzi.gif

I'll fix it up some more
(edit: little better)

amfest
03-04-04, 05:28
hmm I'm getting this weird cutoff on quotes I guess

http://users3.ev1.net/~amfest/forumcutoff.jpg
see how where I was quoted at the end of lines some bits are clipped :confused:

Vryce
03-04-04, 05:48

Amen; this "new" forum look bites :p , much prefer the old black/orange style.

Well, I guess we'll see what the next week brings.

btw, thanks for the info Odin.

MegaCorp
03-04-04, 06:05
A bit hard to read, because the fonts are too small and spindly. Especially the thread listing pages: i suggest trying a much bolder or larger font that will stand out more. The actual thread pages have a default font that is marginal - meaning it would be good to improve it also (bolder and/or larger) but is probably viable if you choose to leave it as is.

Spook

NS_CHROME54
03-04-04, 06:43
i hope you boys at kk are busy making this new vbulletin 3.0 look like the old forum, cause currently... words escape me (see thread title).

and if renovations are done, just delete this thread. kthxbye.

Yinyin
03-04-04, 06:46
i agree... I need to turn my mousewheel so much more to scroll down to see 2/3 the amount of posts on the screen.

Crono
03-04-04, 06:50
saying the persons name who made the thread below the thread name makes it eat 2x the amount of height :/

but Odin said there will be downtime for tweaks through the week for changes, so hold tight till they finish, andf hope its more polsihed :/

Scikar
03-04-04, 06:54
Camo PA CS, and Camo PA Dev: http://www.getsomeskills.com/datas/users/13-camopadev.gif http://www.getsomeskills.com/datas/users/13-camopacs.gif

The flame on the dev needs a little work but it's sort of what I want.

Planned are: Droner spy with kami drone, Stealth PE with Judge, and parashock. Plus any other ideas I come up with. :)

jernau
03-04-04, 06:57
I like it. Change is fun.

Keep up the good work guys.

Odin
03-04-04, 07:08
No worries folks. We will be doing multiple things like adding new emoticons and enlarging those quote icons. Whatever spare time we have Dafire and myself will be fiddling with the forums and seeing just what we can do with it.

jernau
03-04-04, 07:11
No worries folks. We will be doing multiple things like adding new emoticons and enlarging those quote icons. Whatever spare time we have Dafire and myself will be fiddling with the forums and seeing just what we can do with it.You're not letting Nid play anymore?

/edit - The WYSIWYG editor is v.v. nice. Can we get a spellchecker in it though as it seems to be using a standard MS editor control library?

Cytaur
03-04-04, 08:22
Goatse smiley

http://gallery.cybertarp.com/albums/userpics/15490/goat.gif

Forget My Name
03-04-04, 08:44
Sorry, this new buliten sucks. New does not mean better.

Marx
03-04-04, 08:57
Sorry, this new buliten sucks. New does not mean better.
You start to get used to it after awhile.

Finl
03-04-04, 09:20
old was better :)

Load_HeavyLoad
03-04-04, 09:25
Well, This new forum is sexybut some of it is changed for the worse, he are my little whines and stuff.
WHY ARE LINKS NOT YELLOW ANYMORE
WHY IS THE FOLDER ON THE LEFT THAT INIDCATES WHETHER THERE ARE NEW POSTS OR NOT ALWAYS YELLOW WITH A DOT IN IT IF I POST IN EM INSTEAD OF THE OLD GREY WITH A DOT IN
/set rant_mode 0

MjukisDjur
03-04-04, 09:57
I like the old one better. This looks more like the thousand other forums.
Harder to read also :/

msdong
03-04-04, 10:16
dont you see the good things like no more New Tread instead of Post Reply.

Argent
03-04-04, 10:41
*Tests birthday thingy*

(And yes it really is my birthday today.)

OMG so many options on the posting page... 8|

I'd like a feature which you could add smilies/tags inside the text just by cliking on the icons, now they they always come at the very end of the text which is rather annoying.

Archeus
03-04-04, 10:46
Can somsone (a) Explain the points system and (b) Explain what is the point of it and (c) How long before we have people exploiting the system to get points?

Btw I got 13 points with a comment of "sex"... wtf is that about?

Cliffraiser
03-04-04, 10:46
old one was better, this one looks silly :rolleyes:

Invertigo
03-04-04, 10:54
i just found out you cant up the view number in the thread by just clicking refresh a bunch of times while you were in it...so now we got more accurate numbers...

im actually kinda getting used to it, and there not done tweaking it...

i wish you guys would make the stickie sign bold though so its easier to see on the front page...

Nidhogg
03-04-04, 11:03
Check out the "Edit Profile" button in the user control panel. ;)

N

P.S. It's purely optional, btw.

jiga
03-04-04, 11:07
i wanted to change my avatar to an updated one so i deleted my old avatar. How do I add my new one???

Nidhogg
03-04-04, 11:15
i wanted to change my avatar to an updated one so i deleted my old avatar. How do I add my new one???
Just click on "Edit Avatar" in the User Control Panel.

N

El Barto
03-04-04, 11:18
Looks nice, but I think a tad bit more colour would be nice, either way though still a nice look now. :)

Argent
03-04-04, 11:20
BTW why am I off the scale? I know I've gained some weight lately but.... :p

IE. What's the ranking system, how it works and what are the different levels?

amfest
03-04-04, 11:32
I think the ranking system is suppose to work like this. You read someones post and if it's constructive and such you can give them a good rating. if it's just nothing but flames and such. Like you know the people who just typically troll people's posts then you can give them a bad rating so everyone KNOWs who the typical trouble makers are :D. Anyhow I"m sure some will just give people bad numbers on puprose ifthey dont' like them. Butif they keep on offerening good posts and people give them a good rating it will counter that. *shrugs*

naimex
03-04-04, 11:37
I know there is already a thread or 2 about the new forum layout and addons.

BUT !!!!

Here are the problems iīve found within the last 5 minutes ...

-There is no reply button to received PMs
||EDIT : Ok it works now, just had to refresh 10 times before it showed || -You canīt see which threads you have replied in
||EDIT : Ok it works now, just had to refresh 10 times before it showed || -You canīt see which threads have had new replies since you last looked in them

and Iīm very sure theres more....

EDIT : Reply to a PM still isnīt there.

Nidhogg
03-04-04, 11:39
That's about it. There's all kinds of weightings and factors that stop people abusing the system too. The system may need resetting but we'll get around to that when things calm down.

BTW, I've added about 90 acronyms to the search database in the last few minutes so you should be able to search for things like "RoG" now :)

N

FirestarXL
03-04-04, 11:39
Hmmm, everyones's off the scale as far as I can see. :eek:

Tratos
03-04-04, 11:42
Well im really begining to like this new style now :cool: its starting to look very nice i do hope there is more colour added to it though, heh :)

That's about it. There's all kinds of weightings and factors that stop people abusing the system too. The system may need resetting but we'll get around to that when things calm down.

BTW, I've added about 90 acronyms to the search database in the last few minutes so you should be able to search for things like "RoG" now :)

N
Sex Nid :D:D Finaly my prayers have been answered w00t!

~Tratos

P4mp3rk3
03-04-04, 11:43
I like it :D
change is scary but also good

Nidhogg
03-04-04, 11:44
BTW, if there's any acronyms I missed, drop me a PM and I'll add them.

N

n3m
03-04-04, 11:46
what is with those green blobs next to the # of posts?
only msdong and Tratos have "_name_ is on a distinguished road"
Everyone else has "_name_ is off the scale" :wtf:

Tratos
03-04-04, 11:47
Any chance we can get the Quotes back to how they were?

as the main body being in italics is a little weird and hurts the eyes slightly i much prefered.....

Originaly posted by Tratos
This style of quoting where the font is only made bold so its easier to read however i do like it how it bolds the name now, how about colouring it?

Originaly posted by Tratos
like that so it stands out who said such things first, just a thought from me :)~Tratos

Nidhogg
03-04-04, 11:48
Thread merged. N3m, read up this thread a few posts ;)

N

DaFire
03-04-04, 11:50
BTW, if there's any acronyms I missed, drop me a PM and I'll add them.

N

Guess we have to rebuild the search index sometime in the future ;)

n3m
03-04-04, 11:50
Thread merged. N3m, read up this thread a few posts ;)

N
Whoops
ahh missed that :)

Sleawer
03-04-04, 11:55
what is with those green blobs next to the # of posts?
only msdong and Tratos have "_name_ is on a distinguished road"
Everyone else has "_name_ is off the scale" :wtf:What do you mean with this?
I scrolled up some posts (in fact read all the thread) and haven't found the meaning of the green blob next to the posts.

Also where do you see "_name_ is on a distinguished road" ?
Ah I found it; and what is it suppossed to mean? the reputation?

msdong
03-04-04, 11:57
.... so you should be able to search for things like "RoG" now :)

N

omg... thats cool no more stupid error messeges.

the funktions of the new forum is not that bad. it allows more freedom in creating post and quotes and the links on the right side to create a link to the exact thread helps too.
i wonder how good the rating option is working in this forum but it is working in other forums.

n3m
03-04-04, 11:58
yeah you can add reputation to someone judging on their posts
with http://neocron.jafc.de/images/neocron/buttons/reputation.gif (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=95843&page=10#)

almost everyone on this last page is now on a distinguished road
(can't give yourself a reputation :p )

Sleawer
03-04-04, 12:01
Not fair, all the mods/devs are in a distinguished road :p
Well I got the meaning now, thanks hehe

Argent
03-04-04, 12:12
One more note, I think this new layout is more sluggish. I wonder how much more code has to be transferred compared to the old one? Might be caused by other things too, maybe the server isn't perfectly tuned yet. And no, I don't think that the slugginess is caused by rendering the pages.

Other than that, starts to look just fine.

LVirus
03-04-04, 12:18
[edited violation of fourm rules-spam] [freya].............

jernau
03-04-04, 12:19
*Tests birthday thingy*

(And yes it really is my birthday today.)

OMG so many options on the posting page... 8|

I'd like a feature which you could add smilies/tags inside the text just by cliking on the icons, now they they always come at the very end of the text which is rather annoying.It always did that for me.

/edit - how do you view the comments people leave in the reputation doodad?

Tratos
03-04-04, 12:24
Edit Ok is there an attachment feature? so it just has a like next to post title (not thread title) just there is a "My attachments" bit in profile.

ive seen that in other forums, just wondering.

~Tratos

jernau
03-04-04, 12:25
This visit I got a certificate warning.

Any reason or is it just an "oh, ignore that" thing?

/edit - when I search for "RoG" I only get this thread which seems odd. "DoY" returns more pages but nowhere near as many as I'd expect. Does the DB need a rebuild/re-index before the abbreviations all work?

jiga
03-04-04, 12:42
http://gallery.cybertarp.com/albums/userpics/19211/normal_avatar%20change.jpg
i really can't see how i can change my avatar :confused:

spongeb0b
03-04-04, 12:43
I think that the new forum should have stickys and polls in BOLD

mainly because it is too confusing, and all looks the same.

jernau
03-04-04, 12:45
One thing that's still annoying me (it was the same in previous version) :

When I follow a link in a notification email to a thread sometimes it sends me to a post half way down a page half way back through the thread, even if I've posted several times after that point.

If this fixable?

Dribble Joy
03-04-04, 12:50
The one thing that I really like is the auto sign in feature, so annoying having to do it manually on my own comp.

Can I presume that the default apperance of the forum will be going back to it's old apperance (roughly) once they get the technical stuff done?

Tratos
Make links (http://www.stopwhine.com) orange again so they stand out. the current one blends in to much with normnal text.

~Tratos

Ascension
This visit I got a certificate warning.
some one quoted a picture of the "preorder" page and so the security settings are carried with the picture

jernau
03-04-04, 12:54
some one quoted a picture of the "preorder" page and so the security settings are carried with the picture
Ah OK. Didn't notice that.

DJ - I've always had auto-login. :confused:

Ascension
03-04-04, 12:55
NC related profile fields - Main Class, Main server, that would be cool

DaFire
03-04-04, 12:55
Make links (http://www.stopwhine.com) orange again so they stand out. the current one blends in to much with normnal text.

~Tratos

I'm working on it .. you can change to the test style at the bottom of the page.

DaFire

Tratos
03-04-04, 12:57
Looks good DaFire, but if the links (Forum browser not links in messages) are going orange, perhaps make the backgroud a little darker so its easier to read.

~Tratos

n3m
03-04-04, 13:00
get the neocron font on the forums :)

El_MUERkO
03-04-04, 13:04
Shiney new editor!

These forums are the w1n 8|

[edited-violation of fourm rules-offencive pic][freya]

Archeus
03-04-04, 13:06
Does this work as a Neocron font?

Yep it does. you need the font on your machine to see it though.

I'd like to see an enforced comment to assigning reputation points but only because I have no clue way people keep assigning me positive + negative points. :) Also see who assigned them.

Option to remove name from below subject line as it makes it hard to read the subjects.

DaFire
03-04-04, 13:09
Does this work as a Neocron font?

Yep it does. you need the font on your machine to see it though.

I'd like to see an enforced comment to assigning reputation points but only because I have no clue way people keep assigning me positive + negative points. :) Also see who assigned them.

Option to remove name from below subject line as it makes it hard to read the subjects.

You can see the last 10 reputations you got in your User CP under "Latest Reputation Received"

Archeus
03-04-04, 13:10
You can see the last 10 reputations you got in your User CP under "Latest Reputation Received"

I can see them but they still make no sense :) "Sex" and "" as a comment. One positive, one negative.

paolo escobar
03-04-04, 13:14
its ok i suppose, tho hard to make out some things from others. Sticky's and polls need to be in BOLD.
If it aint broke dont fix it, just maybe jazz it up alittle.
and some warning would be nice next time.

retr0n
03-04-04, 13:16
I think that the new forum should have stickys and polls in BOLD

mainly because it is too confusing, and all looks the same.

I just woke up, had a smoke, logged on to forums, cool new layout
but that was my first thought, where are the stickys. they should
be bold. otherwise it looks pretty cool

Tratos
03-04-04, 13:17
For those who want to see what Odin and DaFire are working over check the bottom of the page in the style box and selected Neocron DEV, this is where they are testing what to do and stuff, its looking nice :)

~Tratos

Archeus
03-04-04, 13:19
I think I speak for everyone when we should have....

FACTION STYLE SHEETS

Dribble Joy
03-04-04, 13:20
For those who want to see what Odin and DaFire are working over check the bottom of the page in the style box and selected Neocron DEV, this is where they are testing what to do and stuff, its looking nice :)

~Tratos
Indeed, Much more friendly to the eyes.

BramTops
03-04-04, 13:29
Add the QuickReply box at the bottom of every thread...

And lose the "enhanced" textinput.... ;) I hate it when people have all those different kind of looking posts.

BaDDaSS
03-04-04, 13:31
Yes - QuickReplys :D

If not, move the reply button at the bottom left, to the bottom right.
This way is how its always been on 99% of forums, its difficult to adjust to change :)

msdong
03-04-04, 13:33
... they should
be bold. otherwise it looks pretty cool

the only problem i see is that threads with new posts are bold.they should have a big yello icon or something like that.

Tratos
03-04-04, 13:35
woah the quote button looks like the post reply button :S

Or are you just using for the size?

~Tratos

DaFire
03-04-04, 13:39
woah the quote button looks like the post reply button :S

Or are you just using for the size?

~Tratos

fixed

Tratos
03-04-04, 13:42
fixed
Cool, On the forum browser (when first loading the forum) it looks like everything runs into each other, more definded lines between each thing.

e.g

English Comm Talk
---------------------------
German Comm Talk

atm it doesnt look right :confused:

~Tratos

Scikar
03-04-04, 13:50
Jernau, hit User CP at the top and the first page lists your reputation comments.

jernau
03-04-04, 13:54
Jernau, hit User CP at the top and the first page lists your reputation comments.
Ah, maybe it's just that no-one has an opinion about me then.

Can we view other people's comment lists?

Cerebus
03-04-04, 13:59
Some stickies are bold and some arn't. Bug?

Make alternate threads different colours like the old version. ATM they merge together and are difficult to read.

The borders are too wide. Just wasted space. 0.5 or 0.75 of the current width would be better.

Title bar is too high. Make it same height as posters name. Also a default title like 'Untitled' would be nice if the poster doesn't enter one.

In the editor, the Smilies title is unreadable.

Can you put the Quote button to the right of the sig instead of below it? It makes the post taller as it is now.

MrChumble
03-04-04, 14:32
The 'views' column appears to be borked. The on my thread is reading as 1 even though 3 people have voted (and I assume more have looked).

DaFire
03-04-04, 14:37
The 'views' column appears to be borked. The on my thread is reading as 1 even though 3 people have voted (and I assume more have looked).
I think some values are cached there and only updated from time to time for performance reasons

~Drav~
03-04-04, 14:41
Idea for the sticky threads, so that they stand out a little more distinguished from the normal threads, is it possible to change the colour of the table block that their in or the text colour ? for example all the thread titles at the moment are in a slightly lighter grey from the background colour, maybe make normal posts a lighter grey then that so that the stickies stand out more.

jiga
03-04-04, 14:50
http://gallery.cybertarp.com/albums/userpics/19211/normal_avatar%20change.jpg
how do i insert my avatar here???

Scikar
03-04-04, 15:01
Ah, maybe it's just that no-one has an opinion about me then.

Can we view other people's comment lists?
No. All you can see is the result of the comments, in the form of the green dot. The Members List can also be sorted by reputation.

EDIT: Btw is there way to make a minimum number of characters on the repuation comments? Most of the ones I've got so far are just blank.

Tratos
03-04-04, 15:06
looks like home now :)

Nice work guys.

~Tratos

FireST@R
03-04-04, 15:09
that the new forum looks kind of funny.. but hey .. i guess all new things are good in their own way :)

Freya
03-04-04, 15:10
threads merged once more, please keep all fourm discussion here

DaFire
03-04-04, 15:10
Some stickies are bold and some arn't. Bug?
before all threads with new posts where bold

Can you put the Quote button to the right of the sig instead of below it? It makes the post taller as it is now.
Yes.. I'll see what I can do on this ;)

Rade
03-04-04, 15:12
Dont know if this has been mentioned but.. If you have posted a reply in a
thread the thread will look highlighted as if theres a new reply in it that you
havent read even if the last post in the thread is your own..

**edit: Realised that maybe I wasnt that clear, Im talking about the icon
infront of the post which has a dot on it if you have posted in that thread. It
seems it will always be in color if you have posted in a thread and not
become gray if you have read everything in the thread like it used to.

Archeus
03-04-04, 15:26
threads merged once more, please keep all fourm discussion here

Merging makes baby jesus cry. :'(

It appears to shuffle the two threads together.

sw1tch
03-04-04, 15:54
didnt it say the thread starters name under the title of the thread on the main pages after the update yesterday? (ie Community Talk English)
I liked it that way.

phunqe
03-04-04, 15:58
Finally... "Mark forum as read"... yay :p

RayBob
03-04-04, 16:30
The best part of the new forums is that they are so annoying I don't bother to read them as much as before.

Sleawer
03-04-04, 16:43
Yay found the online/offline and PM buddy List. It is in 'Quick Links > Open Buddy List' at the top of the page.

~TratosCan't find this. Link?

Rade
03-04-04, 16:49
Can't find this. Link?

Used to be at the bottom left but it disappeared an hour or so ago, I thought
it disappeared because I change to the dev version but maybe not...

btw dafire, any chance you could decrease the spacing between the
threads? As it is now you have to scroll so much up and down, the spacing
we had with the old forum was perfect.

rob444
03-04-04, 17:07
Hehe I browsed to the neocron forum and I thought I had come to the wrong place at first. Anyway, some buttons dont blend in with the new skin, the neocron buttons saying "new thread", "post reply" etc. as they were adapted to the previous skin :P

Scikar
03-04-04, 17:26
Name of thread starter isn't shown at all now in the thread list. Dunno if that's a good or a bad thing though.

DaFire
03-04-04, 17:55
Name of thread starter isn't shown at all now in the thread list. Dunno if that's a good or a bad thing though.
I think I will start some Polls soon :)

Dru Blood
03-04-04, 18:05
wow that so just confused the shit out of me when i went to read todays spam topics

alig
03-04-04, 18:25
Dont know if this has been mentioned or is supposed to happen but when you press 'new posts' along the top, it shows german threads too, i figured as were on the english forum most people dont want to see german threads and vice versa.

DaFire
03-04-04, 19:07
Dont know if this has been mentioned or is supposed to happen but when you press 'new posts' along the top, it shows german threads too, i figured as were on the english forum most people dont want to see german threads and vice versa.
I think it's not possible to exclude forum from this searches :(

J. Folsom
03-04-04, 19:41
I miss the ability to be able to go the first new reply since your last log-in on threads. :(

EDIT: Never mind, the forum thought the thread was read where I was testing it on. WAs confused by the fact that all threads you've posted in are automattically marked as "new" (That is, yellow/orange folder, as opposed to a gray one)

BramTops
03-04-04, 19:57
I think it's not possible to exclude forum from this searches :(

It is possible... but everyone would have OR the german OR the english forums.... so aint what we want anyway (I wouldn't mind though).

I'm running vb3 also.. it has massive admin options... ;)

few suggestions:
- enable the quickreply box below each thread.
- allow people change their "vote" on each topic (dont know if it's possible already - didn't check).
- use a number instead of image for reputation note (very high/low ratings can totally bork the layout)
- make the forum have a fixed width.
- enable the thread preview thingy (tooltip of the thread link).
- the thread starter should be visible somehow (didn't like the "below the link" solution though either. Just as an extra column or in the tooltip).
- link reputation to forum priviliges. High rank -> lower wait time between posting and sending PM's for example.
- get some new icons for forum, new forum, posted in forum, reply, quote, new thread, etc... Current ones are nice, but it can be a lot better.
- enable the "similar threads" feature if its not to resource-intensive. It really works and is *very* useful!
- enable attachments for regular users so they can post screenshots of problems or other stuf... Most people dont have webspace and this would really help. (just limit it to 1mb per user or something - image attachments only and max size 100kb.. just a suggestion ;))
- when going here: http://forum.neocron.com/private.php?do=trackpm it says i'm not allowed... is this intentionally? PM-tracking can be useful.. ;)

To the other people: did ya know you can click on a posters name to get a menu of actions?
And dont forget those reputation ratings flowing.. ;)

amfest
03-04-04, 20:13
what happened to the style dev at the bottom :(
I was really enjoying the way it was looking in orange and such on the subject lines.

DaFire
03-04-04, 20:19
- enable the quickreply box below each thread.
hmm.. I don't really like that thing but I will check it out later :)

- allow people change their "vote" on each topic (dont know if it's possible already - didn't check).
- use a number instead of image for reputation note (very high/low ratings can totally bork the layout)
we will see.. right now we are testing the reputation thing .. we will let users vote in about a week if we should keep it or not, and if votes should stay anonym.

- make the forum have a fixed width.
I'm not a friend of fixed width designs but I will copy the layout and just set the fixed width so everybody will be able to choose

- the thread starter should be visible somehow (didn't like the "below the link" solution though either. Just as an extra column or in the tooltip).
yes.. should be noted somewhere

- get some new icons for forum, new forum, posted in forum, reply, quote, new thread, etc... Current ones are nice, but it can be a lot better.
next i will change the "posted in this thread" to "posted in this thread with new posts" and "posted in this thread with no new threads".. then we will see if we get new images ;)

- enable the "similar threads" feature if its not to resource-intensive. It really works and is *very* useful!
I'll try it.

- enable attachments for regular users so they can post screenshots of problems or other stuf... Most people dont have webspace and this would really help. (just limit it to 1mb per user or something - image attachments only and max size 100kb.. just a suggestion ;))
I started a poll in the internal forum earlier what mods and other admins think about that

- when going here: http://forum.neocron.com/private.php?do=trackpm it says i'm not allowed... is this intentionally? PM-tracking can be useful.. ;)
I'll enable it

DaFire

DaFire
03-04-04, 20:21
what happened to the style dev at the bottom :(
I was really enjoying the way it was looking in orange and such on the subject lines.
Right now we try to get a clear style looking like the old one did .. we probably will add different styles later ;)

DaFire
03-04-04, 20:22
WAs confused by the fact that all threads you've posted in are automattically marked as "new" (That is, yellow/orange folder, as opposed to a gray one)
I try to fix that next

ezza
03-04-04, 20:32
umm not sure if its been answered, but how do i put a custom avatar in, didnt seem to be a place for it under edit avatar

Sheba
03-04-04, 20:37
Wow what a difference this looks awful, I can only hope that the interface more then makes up for the lack of color!
What are the advantages for players and Mods over the old board?

Celt
03-04-04, 20:38
Yes, I'm dissapointed they upgraded the forum without editing the formatting to make it more oldstyle :(

BramTops
03-04-04, 20:39
A *lot*..... dont get me started...

you'll just have to get used to this version... and believe me, you will.. and you'll like it much more..

Oh... and by the way there's a thread called THREADS MERGED - new forum (keep it here please) and it aint called that for nothing....

BramTops
03-04-04, 20:42
umm not sure if its been answered, but how do i put a custom avatar in, didnt seem to be a place for it under edit avatar

Atm you can change your avatar here: http://forum.neocron.com/profile.php?do=editavatar

but it doesn't support uploading/using custom avatars (yet). They got the avatars from the old forum in this forum though.

NS_CHROME54
03-04-04, 21:05
you boys need to add 1 pixel to the top margin of the header image. the alignment with the background is borked.

Stigmata
03-04-04, 21:14
this is the most fucking awful forum i have ever seen

please reset it to what it was

J. Folsom
03-04-04, 21:58
Looks like you made the background colour darker again.

Means some people's sigs look odd again, but I suppose that happens.

Rade
03-04-04, 22:46

Thats really constructive stig.

Ormy
03-04-04, 22:54

I agree, this is just ugly.

Celt
03-04-04, 23:44
Thats really constructive stig.It's still true.

Rade
04-04-04, 00:28
It's still true.

Maybe, but saying what was better with the old layput so that dafire can
change this one to make it optimal is a better than putting your fingers in the
ears and shout I DONT LIEK IT CHANGE IT BAK! like a child. If you dont
contribute anything whatsoever why bother posting? Hell of alot more
changed than just the layout and if they could have copied the old layout
into this system without changing anything dont you think they would have?

Now, where is the reply button for PMs? I searched high and low but I cant
find the damn thing. Used forwarding instead o_O

Glok
04-04-04, 00:38
Now, where is the reply button for PMs? I searched high and low but I cant find the damn thing. Used forwarding instead o_OThere isn't one yet. :p

Scikar
04-04-04, 00:53
There's a quote button for PMs instead.

Marx
04-04-04, 05:15
Anyone know how to change the text under your name?

I'm looking around but not seeing anything for it.

=/

I want to proclaim my newfound 'cardboard copbot' status damnit.

Gestra
04-04-04, 16:54
looks shit.

ezza
04-04-04, 17:00
Anyone know how to change the text under your name?

I'm looking around but not seeing anything for it.

=/

I want to proclaim my newfound 'cardboard copbot' status damnit.
under edit profile

NS_CHROME54
04-04-04, 17:25
i actually like the new forum quite a bit.

phunqe
04-04-04, 17:44
I have some problems. If I read a thread and then reload the thread index, it doesn't show up as read. The folder icon is still yellow.

Feature/bug?

jiga
04-04-04, 17:48
the layout seems a bit messy

phunqe
04-04-04, 17:55
I have some problems. If I read a thread and then reload the thread index, it doesn't show up as read. The folder icon is still yellow.

Feature/bug?

Correction. This only applies to threads that I have posted in apparently.
They never become "read".
Anyone has the same issue?

Nidhogg
04-04-04, 18:06

Feature/bug?
This is a known issue and one we are looking into. It's really awkward for me too as I rely on that icon to decide which threads require moderation. ;)

N

phunqe
04-04-04, 18:22
This is a known issue and one we are looking into. It's really awkward for me too as I rely on that icon to decide which threads require moderation. ;)

N

Omg, hurry.. I can hear the spammers drewl... :p

Thanks for the info.

J. Folsom
04-04-04, 19:20
You can still see which threads are new by checking whether or not there's an arrow before the thread name.

Though I do hope it'll get fixed soon, it's still annoying.

Kenjuten
04-04-04, 20:29
the supposed 'not read after read' bug occurs only when you post in the thread, it seems.

the graphic for the 'post but not read' icon is the same as the 'post but read' icon. Occasionally I get x's when the graphics for these icons load, and it was rather strange that the two icons looked the same but only some of them got the x. Now I understand why.

Hopefully this gets fixed as well as making it again so that threads that get replies get thrown to the beginning of the (search) thread index. :)

Genty
04-04-04, 20:34
The new features of the forums are pritty cool, but for the love of god stop burning my eyes and change the colour scheme asap.

J. Folsom
04-04-04, 20:36
Also, in case it helps, the image for a thread which has new posts and a dot is:

thread_dot_new.gif http://forum.neocron.com/images/neocron/statusicon/thread_dot_new.gif

That's the currently correct one.

There's also the one which is supposed to be gray with a dot, which is called:

thread_dot.gif http://forum.neocron.com/images/neocron/statusicon/thread_dot.gif

However, this one is currently yellow.

Carinth
04-04-04, 20:50
I'm pretty paranoid about IE with all the crap web pages can do without telling you, so I have security way up, which means it prompts me everytime a web page tries to run an activex extension or other plugin for IE. Most web pages don't need anything like that to run, it's most often adds or popups that try to use extensions/plugins/addons. This forum didn't need it either, until now. With the upgrade I now get "Do you want to allow programs such as ActiveX and other Plugins to run?" On every single page of the forum. Wether I opened in a new window or just clicked a link, the new page will prompt me if I want to run a plugin. There is no reason why the neocron forum should need to use activex or plugins. This is just annoying, having to click No No No No as I move around the forum. Clicking Yes or No doesn't appear to change anything, even. Grrrr!

Just for Sanity I may hafta add this forum to the SafeZone set of servers that it lets do whatever they want without prompting.

msdong
04-04-04, 21:03
hmm, te forum still run on w3m textbrowser without a problem so i wonder what security messeges everyone get about axtivex ... must be shitty IE:D

Nidhogg
04-04-04, 21:05
Are you using the WYSIWYG editor?

N

J. Folsom
04-04-04, 21:21
Since this is harder to notice for admins/moderators, the images for closed threads currently do not match.

Closed thread with unread posts:

http://forum.neocron.com/images/neocron/statusicon/thread_lock_new.gif

Closed thread without unread posts:

http://forum.neocron.com/images/neocron/statusicon/thread_lock.gif

Carinth
04-04-04, 21:56
Are you using the WYSIWYG editor?

N

I'm using the Standard Editor, I didn't touch anything in my profile/options.

DaFire
04-04-04, 23:45
wrong icons should be fixed now

Argent
06-04-04, 16:33
After staring at ridiculours colors some people use for their writings (Looks like that's the only way they get attention) I must say that this system definetly needs option to disable all colors in texts.

amfest
07-04-04, 00:19
I tried it testing cheaply to img link to an attachment image and though it showed it in the WYSIWYG editor as an image displayed when I submitted post it only popped the link to the image. Is there a way to get it to display image? embed src? I'm not too great with html codes but that's all that comes to my mind.

I was going to go test on that post again and edit it so I don't bump it up for pointless testing but for some reason the edit and delete post button are missing. I've edited once before. I checked another post I had did an edit on and the button was still there.

So another question. Does the edit/delete button time out after a certain amount of time and doesnt' give you that option anymore?

Glok
07-04-04, 00:21
So another question. Does the edit/delete button time out after a certain amount of time and doesnt' give you that option anymore?Yep. I expect it is the same as the old board, 60 minutes. But it seems shorter now, I bet it's only 30 minutes now...

amfest
07-04-04, 01:19
I didn't notice that. Guess I'll have to think about my posts now even after 5 min :P

naimex
07-04-04, 07:31
Everytime someone votes on a thread, it goes to the TOP of the forum, as if someone had posted..

disable this plz.. its annoying.

Benjie
07-04-04, 07:41
So THATS why threads where bumped to the top without having any new replies.

Thanks for the heads up, I thought I was going insane or something. :rolleyes: