PDA

View Full Version : Make vecs larger and bring back 1st person driving view!

Heavyporker
02-04-04, 19:23
Due to a few fortunate synch bugs, I was able to drive the 4x4 jeep and a wheeler car in 1st Person view.

Man, this was one of the coolest things I had ever observed. The bouncy suspension is VERY visible in 1st person view (ppl with motion sickness, don't get in!). Though there was one problem with the 4x4 jeep - you're too low-down in the driver's seat its rather difficult to look over the dashboard, and looking to your right or left is blocked a bit. 1st person in wheeler car ROCKS! The dashboard computer is gorgeous. (hey, how about making it actually work? Please? Same for the driver's seat in APC? Please?)

PLEASE, KK, enable first person view in the APC, Jeep, bikes, wheeler car, and trikes. This view is so amazingly immersive. It's a whole new perspective on the wastelands.

Considering first person view... the Rhino's interior is far too small to properly accomodate the four riders in it, and how the hell can you look out in front, if there's no dashboard camera? And the Trikes look a bit too small, considering that the barrel of the tail gun rests squarely on the driver's head, and when both seats of the trike are filled, there's a suggestion that something obscene is happening in the vehicle?

Also, why can't you just assign FUNCTIONAL flashlight lighting to the damn headlights on the Rhino so at least it works! Contrary to belief, flashlights DO work, and DO help, in the wastelands at night time. How about adding them to the APC as well?

Clive tombstone
02-04-04, 21:29
I agree, though. i liked the first peron view for the bikes a little better (the speed bike was the best)

I agree, the tanks seem a little .... Small, even for as big as they are. I wish the tanks were the same as they were back in the old neocron movies (Ill try to get a vid cap this weekend). They look like M1 Abram tanks, and pretty sweet I might add.

and they MUST add first person persp when the gliders come out, otherwise, flying the things just wont be as fun you know? Edit, maybe they should add like a flood light onto the turret of the APC, so when its aiming it gives a big cone of light to where ever its aiming.

would it REALLY be that hard to add the flashligh effect to the tank?

Lanigav
02-04-04, 22:08
First person driving is fun as hell. I'm all for it.

Dissenter
02-04-04, 22:10
I really miss first person in bikes, and the car.

Bring it back!! :D

Glok
02-04-04, 22:20
When were vehicles ever first person? Even when I got my first hovertech the day vehicles were introduced it was a third person deal... :confused:

Hudson
02-04-04, 22:25
i really miss it, running over mutants just isnt the same now

RuButt
02-04-04, 22:27
aye, FP rocked! even in the apc!

it looks good, just adjust it a bit... and it will be perfect!

Glok
02-04-04, 22:28
Holy shit I think I have transmogrified into a different universe! Vehicles were NEVER first person in the world I come from! Greetings other-worlders!

Serpine
02-04-04, 22:39
Originally posted by Glok
Holy shit I think I have transmogrified into a different universe! Vehicles were NEVER first person in the world I come from! Greetings other-worlders!
I recall there being the option to switch between first and third person perspective back in beta. I've only recently been messing with vehicles again in retail and was pretty confused that the ability was missing.

RuButt
02-04-04, 22:41
i think it was taken out summer -03 or something like that :p

Clive tombstone
03-04-04, 03:12
I beleave you had to press Alt-E to go into "cockpit" mode

Birkoff
03-04-04, 04:34
Wasn't that long ago was it:/

I miss being able to go into third 3rdst person in the hover cabs as well (opposite i know)

U have to jsut hope that u get off at the right place now as u cant see the signs :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

amfest
03-04-04, 05:44
heh beta vehicles. I remember when they introduced them and my friends and I bought ourselves those funky cheap fat looking bikes with the polution mufflers. Only your player model wasn't situationed on the bike correctly so when you got on it your body was actually INSIDE the bike :lol: and the top part of your head stuck out of the seat. WAs the funniest looking thing I ever saw. I never really got to do much 1st person view driving cause my vid card would freak and I really couldn't see anything. It wasn't until that one patch where they fixed some ati? issue suppoesdly that the view was finally fixed for me (which is wierd cause I have a vodoo 3 3500) OH well no problems. As for the trike maybe if they put the gunners seat at an angle up some elavate the gun a lil. Also for crying out loud. when you're in the vehicle plz take off the ability to target the other player in the vehicle. Sometimes I give a player a ride in my trike and it bugs the heck out of me when something goes up a cliff or flys up in the air, and I try and aim up and end up targeting the person behind me instead so I can' even fire. I guess it's nice for passing a med kit or some loot without getting out of the vehicle but otherwise it's pointless. Make a switch to not target on players in vehicles with you plz. At least not on the trike. Sorta funny too trying to let tanks test out of the broken gun on the back of it. Drive up to doomreaper, aim vehicle at it. I jump out. They fire. tat tat tat tat. It moves. I jump in vehicle. Reposition vehicle. Jump out. tat tat tat. ;)

Marx
03-04-04, 05:58
I think tanks need to be bigger.

I also think they should release a version of the tank in those early NC videos!

Diversity of weapons should work with vehicles too.

El Barto
03-04-04, 11:28
You can still get 1st person in the APC some times if your lucky.

Archeus
03-04-04, 11:32
I forget which but press ALT-E or TAB while zoning and you will be in cockpit mode in the next zone.

Only the hovertec is fun (although a bit sickening) to drive.

alig
03-04-04, 12:53
I think vehicles should be sized like this (scaled)
http://server5.uploadit.org/files/ricardo-Shot00000.JPG

The rhino2 like the leviathon (obviously the vehicles would need to be more detailed or it will look even worse) :D

Logan_storm_03
03-04-04, 15:38
i get in first person in vehicals all the time o_O dunno why but i do it all the time, with hover bikes, jeeps, apcs, 3rd person hover cabs. u name it