PDA

View Full Version : Convert RP Forums to In Game Forums

Rith
02-04-04, 13:29
2 Things:

1> In game forums are absolutely shite. The client is awful, the occasionally just lose huge sections of posts / threads / months of threads... in short - its unusable for discussing in game issues

2> Whenever ever anyone tries to discuss something in these forums that could even remotely be regarded as "in game" - it gets locked... fair cop

I know we've got RP forums - but they're rarely used for genuine RP - the whole element of role play has been ripped out of the game.

So - my suggestion - Convert the RP forums into In Game forums... let us talk about what going on in Saturn/Pluto/Uranus etc etc there, without fear of locking for non-RP etc.

If its a I pwn'd you / no you didn't thread, well who cares - its one thread and its more amusing there than in Trade-NC where it's wasting peoples time and energy. If you like have Mod's change thread title into "Pointless Thread: xxx" - so people know not to click it

I submit my humble suggestion and await my thread to be locked and my forum account banned for questioning the board policies.

Jesterthegreat
02-04-04, 13:31
rgr that

http://forum.neocron.com/images/5stars.gif

ezza
02-04-04, 14:05
yes i agree, i think it would also get used a lot more then and would allow people to keep upto date with whats going on server side while were in work:D

Ulle
02-04-04, 14:07
Originally posted by Rith
I submit my humble suggestion and await my thread to be locked and my forum account banned for questioning the board policies.

People are never banned or even warned for suggesting something that they believe will help the community and the game.

I do not have the authority to reply to this thread with any sort of answer that you want. So, keep the discussion clean and I won't bother you again :D

Jesterthegreat
02-04-04, 14:12
Originally posted by Ulle
People are never banned or even warned for suggesting something that they believe will help the community and the game.

out of curiosity (and not to get this thread closed plz... O_o) how do you decide who means well for the game and who doesnt?

Devils Grace
02-04-04, 14:15
yes totally agree
latelly we are nto allowed to talk whatever we want to talk
just only what others want we talk about to
and it wasnt like this before but its getin worse
many simple funny and to my suprise, without flammes threads were closed due the topic was not aprvable to someone ideals

{MD}GeistDamnit
02-04-04, 14:15
the ingame forums bring me down to 5 fps every time I look at them, also they load slow and just suck. I wish there was another way. so I voted yes.

ezza
02-04-04, 14:17
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
out of curiosity (and not to get this thread closed plz... O_o) how do you decide who means well for the game and who doesnt? well if it was someone asking for this so they could say that " I PWN ALL J00 SATURN N1BS GG no RE" etc etc then it could be that that wouldnt be a benefit(or maybe it would who knows)

Animated
02-04-04, 14:17
Excellent idea

Ulle
02-04-04, 14:20
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
out of curiosity (and not to get this thread closed plz... O_o) how do you decide who means well for the game and who doesnt?

Generally it is pritty obvious from how the thread is written, generally people don't post threads half and half on these forums....

If there are anymore questions please take it to PM's.

Jesterthegreat
02-04-04, 14:20
Originally posted by ezza
well if it was someone asking for this so they could say that " I PWN ALL J00 SATURN N1BS GG no RE" etc etc then it could be that that wouldnt be a benefit(or maybe it would who knows)

what if it was a link to a forum where people can discuss NC and whatever else they like, with no mods?

would that not help the game? give people a place to vent frustration, without messing up the "official" boards?

:edit: soz, i started post before you finished yours... im done now and you can PM / post reply when you have one :)

Celt
02-04-04, 14:28
5 stars

-=BlackBeard=-
02-04-04, 14:45
5 stars:D

Nidhogg
02-04-04, 14:51
Use this (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95445) thread please.

N