PDA

View Full Version : Only for people with multiple accounts

RayBob
02-04-04, 12:26
This poll is only for people with multiple accounts.

Whitestuff
02-04-04, 12:59
Where's the "I won't preorder one, but rather buy it at a retailer in USD and save my butt some money" option? That's what I am going to do, or at least preorder it at a retailer in the US. My creditcard is tired and I think the old cash method needs to get the game to my hands.

I will buy 2 copies though at a retail store, so I chose the buy all accounts option.

Birkoff
02-04-04, 13:05
Can't ppl with more than on account only buy it onceand it works for all there accounts? :S

Mr_Snow
02-04-04, 13:08
Originally posted by Birkoff
Can't ppl with more than on account only buy it onceand it works for all there accounts? :S

Only if all the accounts are registered in the same name and to the same credit card.

So some people who have taken over old friends accounts and such will be forced to pay multiple times.

Birkoff
02-04-04, 13:10
Hmmm thas kewl, what about email addresses though?

Whitestuff
02-04-04, 13:11
So we who have paid for our accounts under the same card and details can still just buy one copy? I thought MJS changed that. I hope that this is the case cause I don't WANT to buy multiple copies, seeing as how I have stuck with this game while many of my friends have quit and come back already while I have stuck it out, paid for my accounts with the same credit card, and keeping track of the money I spent/saved paying for one account this way and the other that....

Birkoff
02-04-04, 13:17
Hehe, well if i have to pay for seperate accounts i think I'll b canceling 3 accounts lol

Stigmata
02-04-04, 13:24
check the details again, you pay for one upgrade then $10 or euro's (cant remember) for each aditional....not the same cc or account name

Crest
02-04-04, 13:27
MJS sold the multi account idea well ... Wher eyou can get money back for having many accounts ...

IE 10 euros back per account, 4 accounts = 40 euros for a 30 euro account. Except for 1 little detaqil... They hav not told you when it will come out, so say 3 months... 3 accounts, first month free ont hese 3 then u have your norm account ....

Thats 3Acc x10Euros x2months 60 euros + 1acc x3months x10Euros = 30 = 90 Euros for the potential 3 months before BDOY....

Given all this, I would rather wait and do later .. You never know how long or what comes out between now and then .....

Birkoff
02-04-04, 14:00
Can't afford to upgrade them seperatley, KK will lose a hell of a log more money in the long run, was suppsoed to be free for fuck sakes.

Don't mind paying for one but more than that... no way.

El Barto
03-04-04, 11:27
Well, cos you get a month free when you change payment systems and you only need to buy one DoY expantion pack for four accounts. With my two accounts I can get 1 month free on them and play on DoY for the same prices as only having one account in DoY, so yeah I am going with both.

Ryuben
03-04-04, 13:16
with his current priceing going to cost me > 95 euros,

so yeah good shit KK

new game plz

MrChumble
03-04-04, 15:45
There should be an option for "I cancelled some accounts to make DoY more affordable" :D

ZigZag
04-04-04, 13:57
U need an option - "Im not upgrading any accounts".

Also MJS says quite clearly on page 2 of the sticky thread -- for every account u have u will need to buy one upgrade pack. With each pack comes one free month. They changed it coz ppl couldnt understand the old offer.

solling
05-04-04, 15:16
well imma cancel i think seeing as i dont want to have to buy one game for every account i have i only have 2 accounts

but ive had em for a loooooooooong time

and now KK tells me u have to buy 2 games for supporting us a loooong time so no ty

i wont buy 2 games

prolly wont even buy one

they should make the upgradable box able to upgrade 4 accounts

give a lil back to the peops that have supported them for all this time

Kenjuten
05-04-04, 18:53
Holy crap...it's 2 accounts O_o effectively $20 or so of your time.

I'd understand if a 5 account person bitched like that, but...yeesh.

-FN-
05-04-04, 20:24
I'm upgrading one to see if I even care to play anymore, even with DoY.

As I understand it tho, I won't have to upgrade an all tradeskill character as he's never leaving Plaza 1 anyway. Unless what I originally thought was correct and non-DoY players and DoY players can't actually play on the same server. Either way, guess what, I don't really give a shit.

Kenjuten
05-04-04, 21:10
Heh, you don't give a shit, but it has been said by MJS a 'classic' NC server will be made for those that won't upgrade.

-FN-
05-04-04, 21:53
All the details, official or not, have been in some way vague.

Nobody has straight out said:

When DoY comes out, all Pluto chars will XYZ.
When DoY comes out, all Saturn chars will XYZ.
etc...

Yeah there will be a 'classic' server... are all the chars from Saturn, Pluto, etc going to be moved to this classic server? If so, how will the 4/1/2 slot servers character difference be managed? If not, do I have to start over on this new and separate classic server? And if there's a new server for classic, does that mean Pluto and the rest of the servers are going straight upgrade to DoY and the old "DoY and non-DoY characters can play on the same server, just see different content" statement is out?

The whole thing has been nothing but vague with quotes and twists from the community of 'official' statements.

Kenjuten
06-04-04, 01:03
The entire process can be very simple.

All servers will be upgraded to BDoY status, and a new server (Neptune? :p) will be made.

Since the following service is available in other games, if you want a char put into this server, you can simply request it be moved. Of course, multiple movings will most likely cost some money.

This is only one example of what KK can do, but I think it's the best option.

Mattimeo
06-04-04, 11:26
Actually, my plan for DoY was to put all my tradeskillers on one account without DoY, and have all my other chars on the account with DoY. saves me money.

But I don;t have a vote option for that :(