PDA

View Full Version : THREADS MERGED - STORM v DOY battles have started

Cliffraiser
01-04-04, 22:57
there's a huge spawn of elite storm bots in I_06, wasnt there this morning. If its meant as a counter measure to the DOY bots, there way off :wtf:. anyways im annoyed cuz they keep killing all the WBs there so i get shitty loot.

i suspect a aprils fool joke from kk, and if not could somebody tell me what they are doing there?

pictures...

http://server5.uploadit.org/files/Cliffraiser-shot0894.JPG

http://server5.uploadit.org/files/Cliffraiser-shot0897.JPG

Doc Holliday
01-04-04, 23:11
hmm well. i see your point mate. guess it would be better how it was when the storms were deployed in the wastes up and nr to where the DOY bots are now. But that would suck for the people who farm jonnys ;)

ezza
01-04-04, 23:11
to do with the story line with the increase of DOY bots, perhaps they gotta make there way there :p

Scikar
01-04-04, 23:14
They do look like they're moving off somewhere...

I really hope they're headed for the DoY bots, I want to do the BT epic. :p

jiga
01-04-04, 23:17
even if that was the whole of CA's army in that screenshot they would still pwn all the doy bots

L3m0n
01-04-04, 23:25
if thats it CM fucked cos theres over 200 at the main gate of DOY and those bots do a shit load of damg

Jest
01-04-04, 23:30
Originally posted by L3m0n
if thats it CM fucked cos theres over 200 at the main gate of DOY and those bots do a shit load of damg Yah I kid you not. I was up there and at one points I decided to count how many I could see all around me. With force fog on I counted 73 DoY bots... Yah good luck there Storm bots.

Tratos
01-04-04, 23:33
it would take atleast 40 DOYs to take down a stormy the storms are ROCK HARD and the Storms take out the doys pretty dame fast

~Tratos

Archeus
01-04-04, 23:39
Originally posted by Tratos
it would take atleast 40 DOYs to take down a stormy the storms are ROCK HARD and the Storms take out the doys pretty dame fast

~Tratos

Yep, I saw those puppys in action when they first appeared. They can drop a single DOY bot in a couple of seconds. DOY bot if its lucky will get a shot off.

But thanks for warning all the anti-city folk :) No belts for you!

Jest
01-04-04, 23:40
Do they shoot anti-city? o_O The front gate ones don't.

Kasumi
01-04-04, 23:41
DoY Guardians can beat Elite STORM bots.. ^-^

joran420
01-04-04, 23:41
haha but there are soooooooooooooooo many DOY bots near the gates to DOY

Archeus
01-04-04, 23:43
Originally posted by Jest
Do they shoot anti-city? o_O The front gate ones don't.

Elite Storm bots kill anti-city. Or did they last time they appeared.

DoY Guardians can beat Elite STORM bots.. ^-^

Yep but there aren't millions of them :)

Tratos
01-04-04, 23:46
Yeah theres S.T.O.R.M Units and then theres Elite S.T.O.R.M Units, the elites run on an inverted version of the DOY script as in they shoot enemys of CA when they get in range just like DOYs do to there enemys.

~Tratos

-FN-
01-04-04, 23:55
Y'know... in looking at those bots, it makes me really sad about how underused the Copbot/Stormbot/NCPD PA skin is.

I wish that there were several types of armor wiith diffferent, and creative skins that Runners could use, even n00b PA. Like some PA that adds like +1 DEX but looks like the NCPD PA bot not rust coloured, actual textures and stuff....

Hopefully with DoY's "more user customizable" engine, they mean if I put on Battle Boots, you'll see battle boots on my feet.... like in Project Entropia or Morrowind, if you put armor piece A on, you see it. Like one shoulder plate and not the other sometimes looks cool.

Jest
02-04-04, 00:06
Originally posted by -FN-
Like one shoulder plate and not the other sometimes looks cool. One shoulder plate and not the other is ALWAYS cool. :p

Tratos
02-04-04, 00:12
or one that points up Ordinator style, and one that points down orc styly :eek: pwnage.

~Tratos

ezza
02-04-04, 00:37
was just wandering the desert when i got to yutano and came across many storm bots, found one elite bot taking on 2 DOY bots at once, even with my help the DOY bots fell to the evil STORMs, i didnt hang around for them to KOS me though:D

http://ezzaneocron.20megsfree.com/images/stormvdoy2_copy.jpg

http://ezzaneocron.20megsfree.com/images/stormvdoy_copy.jpg

looks like the actions going to be heating up in the desert;)

Tratos
02-04-04, 00:42
Marvelous :)

wish they followed the neocronicle more on venus :p

~Tratos

ezza
02-04-04, 00:48
Marvelous :)

wish they followed the neocronicle more on venus :p

~Tratos who needs venus, i got a front row seat as the actions happening :D

http://ezzaneocron.20megsfree.com/images/stormvdoy3.jpg even the warbots,perhaps remembering there old DOY masters, are helping out in the action

dangfoo
02-04-04, 00:55
the wb shaped thing ?

~Drav~
02-04-04, 01:02
Originally posted by dangfoo
the wb shaped thing ?

is indeed a wabrot :wtf:

Barak
02-04-04, 01:11
Originally posted by ~Drav~
is indeed a wabrot :wtf:

a wabrot?.. NOOO rabbits and warbots have combinded to kill storm bots.. or some such silly thing...

dangfoo
02-04-04, 01:16
whats he only about 'doy masters' then ...

Invertigo
02-04-04, 01:18
Originally posted by dangfoo
whats he only about 'doy masters' then ...

DOY are the ones that made the warbots...

read the nc history :p

-Demon-
02-04-04, 01:20
Warbots are what doy originally used to fight neocron in the first war.
Neocron used gen-tanks and eventually won.

ezza
02-04-04, 01:27
Originally posted by Invertigo
DOY are the ones that made the warbots...

read the nc history :p i think some people missed out on the history part of the story etc:(

plague
02-04-04, 01:40
Originally posted by ezza
i think some people missed out on the history part of the story etc:(

heh thats too bad history is most interesting part of the game =P
can't wait to get home from work to c that sht looks funn :D

Glok
02-04-04, 01:44
Can I finally tag Tescom then? That and Simmons are the only GRs I don't have...

Lanigav
02-04-04, 01:51
Well this sucks. Thanks to the battles between these guys, the ONE sector I've managed to get good tech part drops and not get harrassed by others is now chock full of storm bots and defense bots.

I don't mind them being there, as I'm non-agro to both, but its totally screwed up the spawn now. They also attack any that DO spawn. :(

Kasumi
02-04-04, 02:02
Originally posted by Lanigav
Well this sucks. Thanks to the battles between these guys, the ONE sector I've managed to get good tech part drops and not get harrassed by others is now chock full of storm bots and defense bots.

I don't mind them being there, as I'm non-agro to both, but its totally screwed up the spawn now. They also attack any that DO spawn. :(

The story is more important than collecting tech parts.. ^_^

Lanigav
02-04-04, 02:05
Naaaaah. ;D

I wouldn't mind them being there if they didn't take up spawn points and kill the few warbies that spawn. :p

Oh well, guess I'll have to search around some more.

StryfeX
02-04-04, 02:07
ELITE S.T.O.R.M. BOT UNIT: This is you last warning! Get out of here. NOW!Methinks Tangent should hire some QA guys before deploying buggy products. ;)

And yeah, remind me to stay the hell away from those zones on my anti-city guys. o_O

--Stryfe

amfest
02-04-04, 02:08
The story is more important than collecting tech parts.. ^_^

I totally agree and maybe now we won't hear people whining about the BT epic :rolleyes:

Asatru
02-04-04, 03:41
Originally posted by ezza
was just wandering the desert when i got to yutano and came across many storm bots, found one elite bot taking on 2 DOY bots at once, even with my help the DOY bots fell to the evil STORMs, i didnt hang around for them to KOS me though:D

http://ezzaneocron.20megsfree.com/images/stormvdoy2_copy.jpg

http://ezzaneocron.20megsfree.com/images/stormvdoy_copy.jpg

looks like the actions going to be heating up in the desert;)

GO STORM BOTS, can u say WHOS UR DADDY :)

']['hor

trigger hurt
02-04-04, 07:03

~Tratos

I dont know if that's true anymore. I was up near tristar just before handing my ass over to a doy bot...

There were 2 doy bots taking on an elite storm bot...they killed it in a matter minutes...storm bots 0 doy bots 1

Kenjuten
02-04-04, 08:49
Heh...

I really don't expect the Stormbots to be able to do much. Reza I believe has wasted his time.

...Unfortunately, I can only wonder and shudder at what he will do once he realizes this.

/Muse

jiga
02-04-04, 08:59
i killed a doy guardian with my apu once. doubt they can kill all the storm bots;)

Lanigav
02-04-04, 09:03
Would it be possible to make it so they just don't kill mobs willy nilly? I can understand shooting them if the mobs attack, or killing low level vermin, but otherwise its a real pain in the arse. :\

MISS WHIP
02-04-04, 09:38
Does anyone know if you can hack the elite storm bots if they get killed by the doy bots and what loot do you get from them ??

Kasumi
02-04-04, 09:40
Originally posted by MISS WHIP
Does anyone know if you can hack the elite storm bots if they get killed by the doy bots and what loot do you get from them ??

Nothing ^-^ They cant be hacked they disappear almost right after they die.. :)

MISS WHIP
02-04-04, 09:43
Thanks Kasumi

"shit" and i just saw dollar signs from all the loot i was going to get for free:D :D :D

Lanigav
02-04-04, 09:50
You can still hack the DoY bots after they're killed though. You'll only get around two pieces of single loot however.

borlegan
02-04-04, 10:58
Is this on any server or on all servers ?

Aggggh why I always lose all "events" ? :mad:

Whitestuff
02-04-04, 11:46
This isn't a huge surprse to me. Back when I first joined Imposing Order, me and the former clan leader, Shard, were up near DoY and saw groups of STORMs versus groups of DoY bots. Sadly for the DoY, the City Admin are much more efficient at building bots that destroy their targets. That being said, I am glad I am not anti city cause killing a STORM bot would not be an easy task.

mdares
02-04-04, 12:04
while kilin elite storms arent easy, its not impossible... a group of us apus way back at a crp event last year killed all the elite stormies outside the op... sure we died a few times but in the end anticity > bots :D

and besides, if anyone really wanted to kill bots, just get a ppu up ur asss and ur fine. I capped my apu by killin copbots with a ppu in pepper back before the guard switch. just stood there and tanked the mofos.

doy > nc

:D:D:D

ezza
02-04-04, 12:07
Originally posted by amfest
I totally agree and maybe now we won't hear people whining about the BT epic :rolleyes: well not quite yet, when i was last on(about 5 hours ago)there was no storms in that area, still lots of DOY bots, so Bio runners cant celebrate just yet;)

Jesterthegreat
02-04-04, 13:05
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - spam ]

{MD}GeistDamnit
02-04-04, 14:21
dont the storm bots shoot you if your weapon is out ?

ezza
02-04-04, 14:23
Originally posted by {MD}GeistDamnit
dont the storm bots shoot you if your weapon is out ? i think they would shoot me anyway, but iirc they spam chat first, they aint like the normal storms, and i didnt particually want to test it out :lol:

Is this on any server or on all servers ?
yes its on all servers, could be building up to something i recon;)

Elroy Jetson
02-04-04, 21:22
Well I think the Stormy's are gonna loose, which will force Reza to nuke Doy and there begins the Expansion.

ezza
02-04-04, 21:40
i watched 2 doy bots get slaughtered by a STORM

Jest
02-04-04, 22:00
Yah my clan killed some STORM bots too, they despawn instantly, no loot. Kinda sucked. :( Make em drop something at least.

Blazer12
02-04-04, 22:40
What Rank are the STORM bots? Anyone know?

joran420
03-04-04, 02:11
go solo em blazer....PS u get yer acct re upped?

ezza
03-04-04, 02:45
What Rank are the STORM bots? Anyone know?

120/120 ***

Darth Slayer
03-04-04, 14:19
As long as your not an enemy of Cityadmin the Elite stormbots will not shoot you. Niether will they shoot you if you have a weopon out. Well at least they never shot my drone..... :)

tkNukem
03-04-04, 17:07
yeah, DoY is doomed if those wanker 90/90 defensive bots is all they have. first off, the DoY defensive units don't even attack the STORM bots when being attacked. by the time they do start to attack, the defensive bots are half dead! i'm certain a small group of STORM BOTS can take out a great field of these loser DoY defensive units and only take a few losses. That's how bad it is!

DoY is goin down the shitter unless they get more guardian units sent out to defend the desertland positions ;/

petek480
03-04-04, 17:11
yeah, DoY is doomed if those wanker 90/90 defensive bots is all they have. first off, the DoY defensive units don't even attack the STORM bots when being attacked. by the time they do start to attack, the defensive bots are half dead! i'm certain a small group of STORM BOTS can take out a great field of these loser DoY defensive units and only take a few losses. That's how bad it is!

DoY is goin down the shitter unless they get more guardian units sent out to defend the desertland positions ;/
I don't know, I know the storm bots can take out a lot of them before dieing, but have you been to the north east part of the map lately? The doy bots are mostly in groups of like 20-30 and theres like around a couple hundred in some of the zones.