PDA

View Full Version : No criminal element inside the city of Neocron?

Estabin
01-04-04, 14:02
I was curious of something, everyone speculating on what factions go with DoY and which go with Neocron... everyone puts Tsunami and Black Dragon with DoY which had me thinking.

Is there going to be no criminal element inside Neocron anymore? What will happen to the Red Light district?

It seems to me that Black Dragon has more of a presence in Neocron than Tsunami and we already know that there is going to be a new Twister in DoY (which is Tsunami run I believe) so I believe Tsunami are goint to DoY.

Maybe Black Dragon will be in the outzone jail? This has me really confused since Black Dragon have more city factions allied/neutral to them than anti city factions, Tsunami seems to be the opposite.

If this is the case will being for Neocron mean being for City Admin or just the preservation of Neocron, the Black Dragons would have a vested interest in keeping Neocron going since they have a lot of "business" acquaintences within the city... but that is just may take on the situation. Anyone read anything in the story that might hint on who goes where or if they are going to introduce another criminal element to Neocron... would hate to lose the Red Light district :(

PS

I know this is just speculation but until they give us something to work with we only have that :p

winnoc
01-04-04, 14:08
Well, in case the do close down tsunami and BD bars:

I still have my Pepperpark bar called "DEVIANT" where exotic droms are taken in through the backdoor.

Not that i'm trying to advertise anything here :-)

Kenjuten
01-04-04, 15:30
I personally believe that the city will re-annex (officially) Pepper Park and either renovate it or keep it for their own entertainment management.

numb
01-04-04, 16:22
They have promised that the dancers will also be in the city. So maybe they will just banish tsunami and some other faction will take over the running of the night clubs, as from what I understand CityAdmin isnt happy about all the services that Tsunami has to offer (ie the prostituion).

Stripping may not be a concern of CityAdmin, as it could be a legal activity.

Dissenter
01-04-04, 16:46
Legal and profitable ;)

Aren't most of the dancers suppost to be Replicant-ish robots?

Jest
01-04-04, 17:12
Have been wondering that a lot myself. Tbh I really dont want TS to come with us to DoY. :p Stay in NC you bastages! I dunno, if both go, then maybe BD and TS will still keep an active presense in NC, which might make them some very important factions in the "war." Then again maybe they wont take either side and just be sorta nuetral but still with a lot of enemies. That would be cool. I think its kinda funny that the CA equivalent of DoY is actually ASKING the drug dealers, low lifes, and scum of the world to come up to their city and start up bars and clubs. o_O

numb
01-04-04, 17:15
Originally posted by Dissenter
Aren't most of the dancers suppost to be Replicant-ish robots?

You'd think so, judging by the way they dance at the moment.

Strych9
01-04-04, 17:30
Originally posted by Jest
Have been wondering that a lot myself. Tbh I really dont want TS to come with us to DoY. :p Stay in NC you bastages! I dunno, if both go, then maybe BD and TS will still keep an active presense in NC, which might make them some very important factions in the "war." Then again maybe they wont take either side and just be sorta nuetral but still with a lot of enemies. That would be cool. I think its kinda funny that the CA equivalent of DoY is actually ASKING the drug dealers, low lifes, and scum of the world to come up to their city and start up bars and clubs. o_O I know its the dream of every BD player out there: to be housed in the new BODY and closer to the cool stuff *and* have a presence in Neocron so you can easily have access to people to PK.

Sorry, I just dont see how that could possibly fit into the scheme of BDOY. The whole point is now City vs City. They couldnt really have that if a faction was able to freely go in both places at the same time.

If there *IS* a faction that can freely and easily get to both cities, expect EVERYONE to flock to that faction. PKers just to be able to kill. Tradeskillers just to be able to have more clients. Everyone just for the sake of easy travel.

It just wouldn't work.

Drake6k
01-04-04, 17:41
Didn't DoY help BD with kami guys against TS? I didn't think Tsunami would be joining DoY... until one of the screenshots said the sector was tsunami controled o_O

Marx
01-04-04, 18:14
Well, criminals are defined by their Soul Light... Which means at the current, the criminal element within Neocron is lacking.

Borked, no?

Jest
01-04-04, 18:45
Originally posted by Strych9
I know its the dream of every BD player out there: to be housed in the new BODY and closer to the cool stuff *and* have a presence in Neocron so you can easily have access to people to PK.

Sorry, I just dont see how that could possibly fit into the scheme of BDOY. The whole point is now City vs City. They couldnt really have that if a faction was able to freely go in both places at the same time.

If there *IS* a faction that can freely and easily get to both cities, expect EVERYONE to flock to that faction. PKers just to be able to kill. Tradeskillers just to be able to have more clients. Everyone just for the sake of easy travel.

It just wouldn't work. Strych sometimes I think you just look for my posts to disagree with me. The whole notion of an entertaining/dealing faction is to not take sides unless it benefits them, which seems kinda ridiculous that both TS and BD would join DoY, especially when they are competing so strongly against each other. Why would they abandon all business opportunities in NC to start over cometeply in DoY? What would you have TS and BD do then? Move to DoY completely and leave PP completely barren of all activity? If one or the either stayed in NC then it wouldnt be a problem, which I thought TS was staying until the preview. Now Im starting to think BD might end up staying since no zones were released in the sneak peak that were BD controlled. I could care less if BD is moved to DoY or not but if we ally with friggin CA then I'm ending my life right here. Despite what you might think I dont have wet dreams about being able to go to both cities and kill whoever I want. If anything BD would prefer to be red/KoS in both cities I think, which I wouldnt mind either as long as safe zones are taken out. ;)

Originally posted by Marx
Well, criminals are defined by their Soul Light... Which means at the current, the criminal element within Neocron is lacking.

Borked, no? Me and Jack hunted a red SL City Admin guy down last week. :lol: Just doing our duty in protecting the city from the criminal elements.

Carinth
01-04-04, 19:10
Both BD and TS are hostile to CityAdmin, thus they are allied with DOY and will be relocating to DOY. I believe it was said that both get to keep a small local hq in PP, but our main HQ and home will be in DOY.

BTW Why would BD have a larger presence in NC?! BD has sporadic control of PP2 at best. Tsunami owns all of pepper park, we have establishments everywhere. It's BD and Crahn that have moved in and are trying to take over our turf. If BD actualy owned Pepper Park, it wouldn't be a red light district. It'd be a blackmarket/drug dealing area.

Also of the two, TS is actualy tied to the city. Tsunami has exactly two allies and both are city factions, Biotech & Diamond. We're at best neutral or hostile with the anti city folk.

numb
01-04-04, 20:24
Originally posted by Drake6k
Didn't DoY help BD with kami guys against TS? I didn't think Tsunami would be joining DoY... until one of the screenshots said the sector was tsunami controled o_O

One of the npcs in Tsunami HQ tells us how we will be joining DoY.

Strych9
01-04-04, 20:45
Originally posted by Jest
Strych sometimes I think you just look for my posts to disagree with me. The whole notion of an entertaining/dealing faction is to not take sides unless it benefits them, which seems kinda ridiculous that both TS and BD would join DoY, especially when they are competing so strongly against each other. Why would they abandon all business opportunities in NC to start over cometeply in DoY? What would you have TS and BD do then? Move to DoY completely and leave PP completely barren of all activity? If one or the either stayed in NC then it wouldnt be a problem, which I thought TS was staying until the preview. Now Im starting to think BD might end up staying since no zones were released in the sneak peak that were BD controlled. I could care less if BD is moved to DoY or not but if we ally with friggin CA then I'm ending my life right here. Despite what you might think I dont have wet dreams about being able to go to both cities and kill whoever I want. If anything BD would prefer to be red/KoS in both cities I think, which I wouldnt mind either as long as safe zones are taken out. ;)Jest, you need to not take things so personal. I quoted your post, and referred to the basic idea, but I wasnt going after specifically what you said. I never said "you" in my post at all.

If anything I respond to your posts because you actually have something worthwhile to say. Many other vocal BDs post a lot of drivel in the forums.

Now on to what you say here- clearly the current faction system isnt based on much sense. Sure it doesnt make sense that both TS and BD would join DoOY- but step back and look at the whole situation... they are just basically restarting the entire Factional System. Period. They arent slowing changing the plot so that one day... all of a sudden... all at the same time... DoY opens AND TG, Crahn, BD, TS, and whoever else just end up in DoY.

No, its a restart. We know they are changing the SL and the FS systems for DoY. So you saying "but BD and TS have competed", frankly, doesn't mean to much the way I see it. Its all new, starting over. TG and BD have been arch rivals, but now we know that at WORSE they will be neutral. Does that make sense? No. Why does it not make sense? Because its not a continuation of what we have now- its starting over.

It will be time for new truces, new allies, and new fights. The only thing guaranteed is that the anti-city will still be anti-city.

And BD being KOS in both cities means BD being housed in neither, not housed in both. :)

Jest
01-04-04, 21:12
Originally posted by Strych9
And BD being KOS in both cities means BD being housed in neither, not housed in both. :) Exactly, which is what BD would like. No CopBots in Pepper Park remember. ;) I dunno about that new stuff. If they just say *poof* "yay every one is friends now" without giving some story to support it then I'll be highly dissapointed.

And I almost never take anything personal thats just how I talk/type. You just always make me defend my posts which is annoying. :lol: Why can't you just ignore my long ass posts like every one else does? :p

Estabin
02-04-04, 02:27
Originally posted by Carinth
Both BD and TS are hostile to CityAdmin, thus they are allied with DOY and will be relocating to DOY. I believe it was said that both get to keep a small local hq in PP, but our main HQ and home will be in DOY.

BTW Why would BD have a larger presence in NC?! BD has sporadic control of PP2 at best. Tsunami owns all of pepper park, we have establishments everywhere. It's BD and Crahn that have moved in and are trying to take over our turf. If BD actualy owned Pepper Park, it wouldn't be a red light district. It'd be a blackmarket/drug dealing area.

Also of the two, TS is actualy tied to the city. Tsunami has exactly two allies and both are city factions, Biotech & Diamond. We're at best neutral or hostile with the anti city folk.

Where did it say that they where being moved and that they get to keep small HQ? I missed that (not doubting you btw just wanna read up on it).

Err you do know that the 2 allies BD has is like NExT and Biotech I believe, and all of the neutral factoins are pro city as well... besides I think Crahn faction.

I am basing what I am saying off the fact that I saw a SS of the new Twister in DoY and was curious if we where going to have a seedy part Neocron anymore, I kinda liked having that and if Neocron turns too goody two shoes I might have to goto DoY hehe...