PDA

View Full Version : The Driving PE

-=BlackBeard=-
01-04-04, 12:21
i was looking at the combat vehicles and worked out that a PE can drive all vehciles and gun all vehicles if he caps and drugs up but is this enough....... a vehcile PE will have not have anything to add to an op war and to be effective he can only pvp in his vehcile so i think that either

A) a new pilot character should be made ..... with 70 dex (esily enoguh to get a new run speed/ use all vehicles and have technical combat)........... 90 str (get more damage and be able to carry alo tmore ammo for the vehicle)......... and 70 int (a better aim on the vehicle a maybe a trade skill)...... 30 Con (the char would really only use vehicles so wud not take much damage one his vehcile is destroyed).......... 10 psi (enoguh to use the basic heal)

B) New vehicles that are actually able to shift the favour of an op war........ artillery for example or maybe even a deployable mortars that he/ tanks and pes cud gun.

garyu69
01-04-04, 12:39
I personally would like to see some more vehicles input.
And with DoY i am looking forward to the Gliders

Argent
01-04-04, 12:40
First of all, PE can drive and gun all vehicles without drugs. Also capping the vehicles damage (and aim and rof if they even have such things) is easier than easy.

I don't see a single reason in your post why there should be a new char class.

Siygess
01-04-04, 12:49
Not so - A PE can't gun the tank because you can't quite get to 80 STR without drugs. You're right about behing able to drive everything though, but when the gliders come out (and assuming the reqs on the test server are close to the reqs for retail) the PE won't be able to fly all the gliders either - not enough INT

~Drav~
01-04-04, 12:54
Originally posted by Siygess
Not so - A PE can't gun the tank because you can't quite get to 80 STR without drugs. You're right about behing able to drive everything though, but when the gliders come out (and assuming the reqs on the test server are close to the reqs for retail) the PE won't be able to fly all the gliders either - not enough INT

then why does my HC PE have a marine in his head O.o

PE's can get 81 str, thats a beast to get the marine poked in but then it stays in and carries onm working, after a GR just relog or take another drug

Siygess
01-04-04, 12:56
*lol* Well when I said without drugs, I mean without using drugs at all. Sure you can cram a Marine, Moveon, Beserk 2 and Beserk 3 into your head, but it's not going to happen without drugs :)

EDIT: ..and as you pointed out, you still need drugs to keep it going when your get SI. I wouldnt be surprised to discover that the logging in / out thing is a bug, too :(

~Drav~
01-04-04, 12:57
*lol* Well when I said without drugs, I mean without using drugs at all. Sure you can cram a Marine, Moveon, Beserk 2 and Beserk 3 into your head, but it's not going to happen without drugs :)

its not drug 'reliant' though, yes you have to take a drug to put the marine in but you dont have to keep pumping the drug from then onwards to keep the marine active.

Argent
01-04-04, 12:58

I guess you're talking about specialized rifle/pistol PEs since PE can definetly get 80+ str EASILY without drugs. My H-C Pe has 81 str and doesn't even have Herc.

Siygess
01-04-04, 13:01
Well as Drav said, you still need drugs to put the Marine in. I didn't say it was impossible, I just said you cant do it without using drugs, which is true :D

Kenjuten
01-04-04, 15:21
Siy, I really don't see why you have to be hardheaded about that. D:

It's just one drug...one! 2,000-5,000nc and some extra time to implant, and you don't have to use it again. (Until you die and it pops out, of course.)

What're you trying to say? You hate drugs? :o

"Yah man, dis shit is raaaddd..duhduhduh."

numb
01-04-04, 15:33
Originally posted by ~Drav~
PE's can get 81 str, thats a beast to get the marine poked in but then it stays in and carries onm working, after a GR just relog or take another drug

You can also just cross a zone line, to save on relogging.

svenw
01-04-04, 15:43
Originally posted by Argent
I guess you're talking about specialized rifle/pistol PEs since PE can definetly get 80+ str EASILY without drugs. My H-C Pe has 81 str and doesn't even have Herc.
Thats something I want to see. PE with Herc and without drugs. :p

Clive tombstone
01-04-04, 16:26
I kinda agree, being a "driver" myself, I see that vehicles DO impact PvP and such, the only things I see needed are actual Mobility issues, such as turning speed and actaul speed. Artillary weapons would be sweet, currently, the only "artillary" like weapon would have been the combat wheeler with its gernade launcher, but the turret has been borked so thats outa the question. I just hope that the gliders Reqs will be reasonable rather than spy toys

L3m0n
01-04-04, 16:36
b becuase how can you gun and fly a plane at the same time? cant just jump out and get back in on another seat:rolleyes:

Kenjuten
01-04-04, 16:38
Lemon, I'm not exactly sure if you know about the WW1/WW2 airplanes...

Does Red Baron mean anything to you? =\

Correct me if I'm wrong, I need an unrusting on my history knowledge. :D

L3m0n
01-04-04, 16:43
Originally posted by Kenjuten
Lemon, I'm not exactly sure if you know about the WW1/WW2 airplanes...

Does Red Baron mean anything to you? =\

Correct me if I'm wrong, I need an unrusting on my history knowledge. :D
im saying i think that only one of the new planes is a gun/drive vec the rest are gunner and a driver so im saying theres no need to "drug" to do them all ;)

Clive tombstone
01-04-04, 16:55
yes, but each of those planes serves a different purpose, like the bomber is ment for "softening" targets the scout is... err, the carrier is a flying APC, with plenty of guns on it as well (as far as I remember) I still want to be able to use most if not all the air vehicles with me PE, I mean, come on, doesnt make much sense as to WHY the vehicles reqs cost soo much, I mean, a tanks controls are if not at par difficulty with a airplane.... I could be wrong though

L3m0n
01-04-04, 17:02
yeh thats cool i also want to be able to fly all of them, but `there is no need to gun them all is what im saying, make a HC tank for that (thats what there for and KK wants)
but if you realy want to gun them all on your PE go ahead theres nothing rong with it, i just dont want to gimp a char for it.

amfest
01-04-04, 17:45
I just hope that the gliders Reqs will be reasonable rather than spy toys

I don't I'd rather the highend stay spy. Gives a reason for a spy to have true vehicle specization (speeling)

TL101 Advanced Assault Glider Driver INT:90 \ VHC:96 \ STR:45 \ H-C:79 Gunner: STR:14 \ H-C:35

Hope in the back seat tank or PE I'll give you a ride with my spy :P

would be funny to have a monk gunning the back with that str and HC req ..lol

besides most you can't even gun and fly at the same time I think. So what's the point? it's not like a rhino where I see the PEs driving it up to mob then jumping out and get in gunning seat.

L3m0n
01-04-04, 17:53
Originally posted by amfest
besides most you can't even gun and fly at the same time I think. So what's the point? it's not like a rhino where I see the PEs driving it up to mob then jumping out and get in gunning seat.
that was my point! lol :D

Forget My Name
01-04-04, 18:50
People fucking complain about everything!

You use ONE fucking drug, only ONCE, and you can drive your vehicle and gun is 24 / 7. Holy shit, its one fucking click. Seriously, you are not drugging every ten minutes ehre, it is ONCE, and ONLY ONCE.

I had a MC PE ( as I call the driving PEs ) and it is easy as shit, seriously.

I am sitting here dumfounded that people in this post still say vehicle PEs are drug adicts. Making it sound, despite simple critizism, that vehicle PE have it horrid because of ONE drug at ONE time.

Clive tombstone
01-04-04, 20:24
Im a vehicle PE, and I DONT use drugs at all, I can use all the vehicles, and Im still PvP worthy. I use my trike almost exclusivly, with no real problem, BTW, I havnt seen ONE vehicle spy EVER on the uri server, same goes for saturn, so if there gonna make a beggining status for PE's called "test-driver" then.... Im gonna stop right here, forgot is right about complaining and stuff I agree with him. I just would like to say, spys have there toys (let them keep stealth) and give us our vehicles :D

Ozambabbaz
01-04-04, 20:38
Vehicle PEs are a phaze or for that odd Alt account, as i see it.

Mostly due to the shitty aiming and handling of the vehicles, then dropping ur primary Dex weapon capabilities wouldn't be so bad, but as it stands now, one would drop too much efficiency to use the Hvy Ass Trike. Shits and giggles, sure, but hello, that can't be how the idea of vehicles in OP wars was percieved.

Clive tombstone
01-04-04, 21:34
"Sigh" Ozamba, trikes take a little thing I like to call "practice" to use properly in PvP AND OP fights, Generally how i practice is by Using dragon flys as target practice, generally they have close to the same mobility of the average person in PvP or Op fights, Just train with those, or better yet a buddy (Agil buddy for hard targeting practice, or a Stealther, so you can learn the ways to best counter stealth) and try to keep lock the best you can.

Things to know when your in a trike.
1# NEVER fight inside the OP unless you have plenty of moving space ( cant think of the name of the OP's, but you know what I mean)
2#Pick your targets wisly, Try to avoid the tanks if possible, kill the monks first, though PPU's are almost impervious to the missles for some reason :p .
3# all else fails, jet out of there!
4# Investing in Repair skill helps out a bunch as well.
5# one last note, try to keep moving at all time, your a harder target moving than your standing still... DUh

There that, NOW back to the topic.
(edit)
P.S. Trikes =Teh win:D

Clownst0pper
01-04-04, 23:18
Some of the new vehicles need 100 int, and 100 dex or so the information that is current suggests:angel:

KimmyG
02-04-04, 00:37
I dont see a problem.

The trike owns dmg wise
The HC PE is just as defensive as any PE.
The plasma cannon packs a nice punch especial if you can landa boost add run heal to that and you got a fair chair.

Only problem is slow aim but then again my guy has really high hack but if you dropped the hack you could get yoursleve a preety nice char.

Drexel
02-04-04, 01:49
I would hardly call taking one drug to kick in my Marine, 'Drugging'.

Im not sure why your are so afraid of drugs, its a non event, (there not real life drugs you know.)

My STR 81 PE can drive & gun her own Rhino, and use a Speed gat quite nicely, although I cant cap it, I am super tuff been able to wear Duranit 4 & Inq 4 armour, so in PvP i do quite well.

All we need is another viable weapon around TL 75 - 80 & H-C PE's that drive would be fantactic (they already are quite good).

It pisses me off no end that PE's cant use the botton level PA of all classes, the bottom H-C PA would be great on a PE & not overpowering, it wolud really make the JOAT roll fun.

Argent
02-04-04, 10:31
Originally posted by Drexel
All we need is another viable weapon around TL 75 - 80 & H-C PE's that drive would be fantactic (they already are quite good).

Drugging for TPC isn't such a bad idea. Now all I need is Heavy-ultima....

amfest
02-04-04, 10:59
BTW, I havnt seen ONE vehicle spy EVER on the uri server, same goes for saturn

Actually i'm a combat vehicle spy on Unranus. Ciel. Typically found driving back and forth from TG to race track taking down mobs. Currently have LE in cause it's just a fun character and not really viable for any other type of combat besides firemobs. At this point she's just my tech hunter, researcher and constructor along with repair. I'm not certain how I want her to be when I finally cap or get close to cap and bdoy comes out. The biggest problem is transport. If i yank out the LE later and lom the tradeskill in INT the question is what weapon to choose if my bike gets destroyed or if I have to bail. Maybe I should just not choose a weapon and stealth. But because of my transport I typically go negative freeload. So i guess i'd have to stealth and then stand and drop ammo from inv and then run . .lol. My friend laughs at me for having this character because of the whole if you make a character and they can't do anything on their own really then they suck. o_O . I think having a character that's able to drive any and all vehicles and flying vehicles (if the reqs stay the same) and gun most things but the tank is a very cool character. I could fly people in on the hovercarrier while some ground vehicles come in .. once I drop people into the zone I can drop off into any of the vehicles that were brought. (well as long as theowner is in them right? ..lol (wish you could give access to enter vehicles to others also. Like in the citycom access listing names of others you would like to be able to get in if they see the vehicle and can use it. Anyhow I think this spy won't be a killer spy but I do think it will be a FUN spy.

Mr_Snow
02-04-04, 12:55
Originally posted by -=BlackBeard=-
i was looking at the combat vehicles and worked out that a PE can drive all vehciles and gun all vehicles if he caps and drugs up but is this enough....... a vehcile PE will have not have anything to add to an op war and to be effective he can only pvp in his vehcile so i think that either

Actually vehicles are quite good at op wars but PoP were unlucky that Inquisition use anti-vehicle launchers as part of a standard op war loadout and made your rhino go boom very fast.

Oh and HC PEs can drug to Devourer and ravanger fairly easily but it would mean camping the shaman in the swamp caves for a while.

Clive tombstone
02-04-04, 21:41
Just as a side note, Im planning on starting an "air force" clan on Uri when DoY finally comes out, just seeing if anyone would be interested. I just hope PE's can come close to using most of the gliders, I wont cry if I cant use the carrier, even though it would be hella sweet.

BTW, hows this for a name of the clan, (screaming Vultures) or (DFA=Death-from-above)