PDA

View Full Version : Ray of God

Dribble Joy
01-04-04, 04:35
Dunno about you lot, but the RoG seems a bit overpowered to me.

It's tl 98, you can easily use moveon/ppr with it, relivitvely easy to cap, it does probably the best dmg over time of any PE gun and aims like a dream.

I really don't know why people are asking for a RoG boost, this gun is evil.
The other rifles are ok, painy is good, and the others need a defence loss to use well, but he RoG is just wrong.

Tonight I took part in several fights vs another PE using a PE and a RoG, I didn't even come close to winning any of the RoG fights, but easily won the PE rounds.

Hopefully when the new weapon dmg/tls are brought in things will be rectfied. Untill then, rifles, despites peoples beliefs, are still the best weapins choice by far.

NS_CHROME54
01-04-04, 04:51
RoG is really only any good for pvp. damage aint great at long range, and the rof isn't exactly incredible anyway.

Clive tombstone
01-04-04, 04:52
Yah... RIGHT after pistols and Devourers :D

JK, I know I havnt used a RoG in a while, maybe Ill dust off my old one where ever the hell it is.

Dribble Joy
01-04-04, 04:57
Pistol dmg is nowhere near RoG dmg, excepy the exec possibly.

Clive tombstone
01-04-04, 05:05
as a friend of mine said it best...

Exec>all

:D

too bad Im always the one of the recieving end of it:p

SorkZmok
01-04-04, 07:24
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Dunno about you lot, but the RoG seems a bit overpowered to me.

It's tl 98, you can easily use moveon/ppr with it, relivitvely easy to cap, it does probably the best dmg over time of any PE gun and aims like a dream.

I really don't know why people are asking for a RoG boost, this gun is evil.
The other rifles are ok, painy is good, and the others need a defence loss to use well, but he RoG is just wrong.

Tonight I took part in several fights vs another PE using a PE and a RoG, I didn't even come close to winning any of the RoG fights, but easily won the PE rounds.

Hopefully when the new weapon dmg/tls are brought in things will be rectfied. Untill then, rifles, despites peoples beliefs, are still the best weapins choice by far.
RoG is extremely overpowered for its TL. AND THATS A FACT!
Although i dont care about it that much anymore. All you see nowadays are pistol PEs drugging up for exe. Why? Cause its fucking overpowered.

God , sometimes i hate this game so much.

(just got beaten by some exe Pe who hasnt got any skill, my drugs just ran :()

*goes to play swg*

jernau
01-04-04, 07:36
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Pistol dmg is nowhere near RoG dmg, excepy the exec possibly.

Actually I'd say quite a few pistols are noticably better than the rifle equivalents though mostly it's the ones PEs have to really stretch for.

IMO the balance should be : Rifles have better range and damage, pistols have faster reticle and higher RoF. For each ammo type the rifle should do more damage over time but at a slightly higher TL.

RoG is too weak at long range and too strong up close. Narrow both towards the middle a small amount and it's fine.

Cytaur
01-04-04, 07:41
"God" in that rifle's name is for a reason......

SorkZmok
01-04-04, 08:01
Originally posted by jernau
RoG is too weak at long range and too strong up close. Narrow both towards the middle a small amount and it's fine. There is no LONG RANGE in this game. Theres just a bit of sniping and then stealthing away. Thats the "long range combat" in this game.

Find out what that means about the RoG yourself. o_O

jernau
01-04-04, 08:04
Originally posted by SorkZmok
There is no LONG RANGE in this game. Theres just a bit of sniping and then stealthing away. Thats the "long range combat" in this game.

Did you notice how I used the phrase "should be"? in the paragraph above. o_O

If I were talking solely about the current situation I'd have written a lot less, in fact "totally fucked" would probably about have covered it.

There is some long-range combat though (at least as much as the game allows technically) - PvM.

Find out what that means about the RoG yourself. o_O

Just :wtf:. No idea what this is meant to mean.

SorkZmok
01-04-04, 08:14
Did you notice how I used the phrase "should be"? in the paragraph above. o_O

If I were talking solely about the current situation I'd have written a lot less, in fact "totally fucked" would probably about have covered it.

There is some long-range combat though (at least as much as the game allows technically) - PvM.

Just :wtf:. No idea what this is meant to mean.
Damn. Once again i was too fast....
Youre one of those who actually know what theyre saying about spies.

"totally fucked" says it perfectly. But PvM is something that doesnt count. Its all about pvp, baby. o_O

sorry :)

jernau
01-04-04, 08:16
NP :).

PvP and PvM both count IMO. The balance depends on the individual player but KK need to make both forms viable and balanced.

kurai
01-04-04, 08:34
For what it's worth, I have killed more than a few people by "sniping" with a Ray of God out towards clipping plane limit :D

Quite amusing to watch ... some start to run at me, then realise that the RoG is going to hurt more as they close in so they stop and dither around with a longer range weapon.

Sleawer
01-04-04, 09:27
I have to agree that long range combat is practically non-existant in this game. There is no point on it when the target can cover the 'long' distance in a matter of 2 seconds; or when simple terrain issues make impossible to snipe someone effectively. Probably sniping in Neocron is 'another' way of support damage dealing from a relative safe distance, once you become the target long range goes away.

As much, like SorkZmok have said, there is some sniping and then stealth away. And for those who may think otherwise... No, sniping is not killing someone while he's fighting a WB, that's lameing around and even a kid could do that with a decent weapon.

Regarding RoG; it is a very powerful weapon suited perfectly for the real combat situations. However with the current effectiveness of rifles is hard to say whether it is overpowered or not... I'd say that other rifles need some fixes and improvements first.

One question a little OT, but mentioned in this thread nonetheless... about those Executioner PEs, would you say that Exec is too powerful capped (178% in hands of Spies), or uncapped with a powerful PE defence?

An Executioner with capped damage is a powerful weapon, so is the high TL, but a PE has to make sacrifices in defence and versatility to get that damage.... however if the weapon is still too strong at medium damage %, then the problem is bigger. Perhaps the damage ratio between medium/high damage percents should be increased, rewarding those that make sacrifices to cap weapons, and balancing those others that decide to go for balanced offence/defence.

SorkZmok
01-04-04, 09:44
Originally posted by Sleawer
Regarding RoG; it is a very powerful weapon suited perfectly for the real combat situations. However with the current effectiveness of rifles is hard to say whether it is overpowered or not... I'd say that other rifles need some fixes and improvements first.

One question a little OT, but mentioned in this thread nonetheless... about those Executioner PEs, would you say that Exec is too powerful capped (178% in hands of Spies), or uncapped with a powerful PE defence?
The RoG IS overpowered. Its so damn easy to cap, easy to aim, even with an open reticle at least one shot hits, its got a huge clip, nearly no stamina drain and the dmg doesnt decrease when the enemy is at low health. For me, this is definately overpowered. Espescially when no other rifle comes close to it.

About the Exe...imo the difference isnt big enough to be mentioned. But i`d rather fight a PE with a low rof and good resists than one with a nearly capped Exe and "bad resists".

/edit
Yack, that exe thing is wrong. id rater fight one with a capped one and a high rof. hes easier to kill.

Scikar
01-04-04, 10:10
Every ray weapon with the damage boost at close range is overpowered for its TL.

Nightbrother
01-04-04, 10:15
Originally posted by Scikar
Every ray weapon with the damage boost at close range is overpowered for its TL.

Ray-gun Cannons not included of course. :)

Scikar
01-04-04, 10:16
Last time I checked, RayCannons didn't get a damage boost at close range. ;)

Nightbrother
01-04-04, 10:18
Ah, yes, doh on me, I didn't read your post carefully enough. You had already excluded cannons by stating that you only meant ray weapons that got dmg boost at close range. Nvm me. *whistles and walks away*

___T-X____
01-04-04, 10:20
No, its fine. In comparison to other weopons.

I wouldnt like to see it boosted though, but it hasnt been so - fit it aint broke....dont fix it!

Go put your nerf bats away

Sleawer
01-04-04, 10:53
What I meant about RoG is... that compared to pistols and cannons it is a nice weapon but still does not seem overpowered. However FL and Disruptor don't match their TLs, the damages are fine, but the aiming in FL and RoF of disruptor are underpowered.

- Disruptor in my opinion should match the RoF of slasher; yet with the new changes in RoF it fires like an assault rifle, or even slower due its hardiness to be capped. I'd rather have a Disruptor with slighty lower damage, but extreme accuracy and very high RoF.
- FL needs badly an improvement in accuracy. Its damage is fine, but the terrible aiming issues that it suffers ae definetely a reason to use RoG over it.

About Executioner, a PE still needs two drugs to use it while getting good damage (being Whiteflask almost as bad as Dest.Forte), which is a serious hit on versatility. However if as you say the efficiency of the weapon is still very good at medium damage percents, a PE can push its defences over the edge while keeping a too great damage output.

Note that I don't know the efficiency of Executioner at medium damage %, as my PE caps it... so I take your word on it. My fear is that any change made by KK screws also the PEs that decide to overdrug to use that weapon.

To me it's balanced as I do it. I could choose to be a Spy and cap it without drugs, using Dest.Forte for shelter if I please. Or be a PE and cap it with 2 drugs, using beast for better armors. If the spy did not need STR implants to use inq/dur1 armors, it would be even more balanced.

CRAIG DIGGERS
01-04-04, 13:05
The RoG IS overpowered. .

its Ray of God

and hes always overpowerd
I play capped RoG PE dont change anything ;)

Jesterthegreat
01-04-04, 13:13
Originally posted by CRAIG DIGGERS
its Ray of God

and hes always overpowerd
I play capped RoG PE dont change anything ;)

but you are teh sux! :D

NC Junkie

jernau
01-04-04, 13:46
One good point touched on there is that the RoG appears a lot better than it is becuase of the general suckiness of rifles.

s0apy
01-04-04, 14:14
One good point touched on there is that the RoG appears a lot better than it is becuase of the general suckiness of rifles.

another good point touched on here is that there is low stamina drain with RoG. one of the great limiting factors, and necessetators of skill, when using a low-tech rifle is the stamina drain, and ensuring that you never fall below the point at which the weapon begins continuously reloading or just locks entirely.

without this limitation, i'd guess the RoG would be a piece of piss to use.

one other point - it seems that the implementation of the high-end PE PAs, the SA, and the fact that we all now seem to know the tricks involved in using drugs without ever suffering a haze, means that PEs really are able to reach very high-end stuff without much (or even a little) gimpage in other areas.

personally, i'd like to see the SA req raised to 95 or even 100 DEX, since it only really exists (for PEs) as a facilitator to access the "spy-only" high tech weapons.

Barak
01-04-04, 14:31
Meh nerf the RoG's damage a little tis ok with me - Im just waiting o be able to GET a termi then i'm back to low-tech rifles.

Siygess
01-04-04, 14:35
*lol* Trust me, the Termi really isn't all that it's cracked up to be. Have you seen one in action yet? I'm not a massive fan of the RoG, but that beats the Terminator hands down (unless you're fighting an unbuffed PPU!) :)

Barak
01-04-04, 16:35
Originally posted by Siygess
*lol* Trust me, the Termi really isn't all that it's cracked up to be. Have you seen one in action yet? I'm not a massive fan of the RoG, but that beats the Terminator hands down (unless you're fighting an unbuffed PPU!) :)

meh I just want a termi .... tho i did laugh when MaN's Termi did 24 damage to me un-buffed 0.o

El Barto
01-04-04, 16:37
It is over powered compaired to its TL, but if they just upped the TL it would be better, cos its damage is fine when you don't think about its TL imo.

CRAIG DIGGERS
01-04-04, 17:47
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
but you are teh sux! :D

NC Junkie

Do you remember yesterday at Cycrow Lab, the 2 PE's and your tank.
wich genrep did you use after you try to kill the Chaser ? O_o
Maybe you are suxi aswell :p

[edited for violation of the forum rules]

evs
01-04-04, 18:16
[edited for consistency]

I currently use on and dont have a clue who the gm's are nevermind know them.

Jealousy is a bad thing mkay?

Clownst0pper
01-04-04, 18:29
It is indeed, and terminators suck, so why would U want one? :eek:

jernau
01-04-04, 18:30
Half the people I know who have them are on the GMs "about to get a ban" list so I think that's BS Craig.

naimex
01-04-04, 18:33
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
It is indeed, and terminators suck, so why would U want one? :eek:

use riot rounds..

does about 50 dmg per shot.

anything else is about 5 dmg per shot.

StryfeX
01-04-04, 18:33
The RoG IS overpowered. Its so damn easy to cap, easy to aim, even with an open reticle at least one shot hits, its got a huge clip, nearly no stamina drain and the dmg doesnt decrease when the enemy is at low health. For me, this is definately overpowered. Espescially when no other rifle comes close to it.That's more of a problem with the game engine itself though. As I understand it, player damage areas (head, chest, and legs) have a multiplier attatched to them and they themselves are representative of the person's health. KK needs to change that so that the hitzones are only multipliers, so that way, if you keep shooting someone in the head, they keep taking the same amount of damage, not decreasing as the head zone empties, then the chest, and finally the legs.

I hope I was clear enough. I know what *I* was talking about. ;) (Someone else had explained this in more detail a while ago, but I can't remember who or in what thread.)

--Stryfe

Coid
01-04-04, 18:34
its not about the power of the gun, but the person who uses it (skillz) :D

StryfeX
01-04-04, 18:35
Originally posted by naimex
use riot rounds..

does about 50 dmg per shot.

anything else is about 5 dmg per shot. Explo rounds work, too. Those things can hurt like a mofo. o_O

--Stryfe

naimex
01-04-04, 18:35
Originally posted by Coid
its not about the power of the gun, but the person who uses it (skillz) :D

coid...

O_o

thats why there are bugs in neocron..

CoDi canīt even write his own name when he makes a char :p

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

J/K

You are so right in that statement.

CRAIG DIGGERS
01-04-04, 19:10
I think that's BS Craig.
So did you know, there is one crahn epic glove ingame ?
And thats no BS.
;)

jernau
01-04-04, 19:24
Originally posted by CRAIG DIGGERS
So did you know, there is one crahn epic glove ingame ?
And thats no BS.
;)

uh-huh, right, OK.

If there is then one or more of the following apply
1) It's not usable
2) It weighs 500 kilos
3) A FC has it

LTA
01-04-04, 20:03
uh-huh, right, OK.

If there is then one or more of the following apply
1) It's not usable
2) It weighs 500 kilos
3) A FC has it

Nope
Nope
Nope

:p

HEard a few peeps got a ban for using em, funny tho as a gm told me it was impossible to actually have one in anyway even in gm spawn, but i think he told me that to stop me believing they had em....
So if those few had em and got banned who else has em and just kept their mouths shut tight o_O

jernau
01-04-04, 20:07
Sounds like a lot of rumour and speculation to me.

VetteroX
01-04-04, 20:43
All Ray weapons re over powered... 50% more damage at close range (99% of pvp) never misses, and on the pistols huge clip.... Ive siad t for moths, nerf rays or boost other guns.