PDA

View Full Version : When is MC5 gonna get opened again?

Pwnage
31-03-04, 20:17
I could use some MC5 chips...

OH! OMG, here's an idea!

GM spawn me the stuff that I need, cuz I can't get it.

Customer service. gg

Seriously... I'm gonna have some time on my hands next week that I wanted to put to good MC5 use.

So what's the word?

Clownst0pper
31-03-04, 20:20
It wont be opened again till DOY is released where it will have had a revamp on how u actually get MC5 chips.

110% gaurentee it :p

HatchetRyda
31-03-04, 20:20
Originally posted by Pwnage

OH! OMG, here's an idea!

Customer service. gg

Seriously... I'm gonna have some time on my hands next week that I wanted to put to good MC5 use.

So what's the word?

NEVER.

Rade
31-03-04, 20:21
Theres enough of them chip in circulation already, dont let em
drop again and we'll actually have some items that are really rare.

Clownst0pper
31-03-04, 20:22

Glad ive got 4 then :lol:

Hardly fair now rade is it..

Pwnage
31-03-04, 20:25
Originally posted by Rade

No you see the point of rare items should be that they are RARE. That means still attainable. Maybe super hard, and... well... rarely available, but still attainable.

TRADE-NC> Someone wanna rip out their DS and sell it to me cuz I can't get it anywhere else?

Ya right...

Rade
31-03-04, 20:27
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
Glad ive got 4 then :lol:

Hardly fair now rade is it..

Not any less fair than say kami chips.

And rare does mean rare. MC5s arent rare atm with this many
around. And they are very much still attainable, same like old cars
which arent manufactured anymore are attainable.

Clownst0pper
31-03-04, 20:28
This is true, however, Mc5 is hard enough as it is, id say 20+ runs without a tech, is highly rare, and un-attainable in a month, wouldnt u?

Rade
31-03-04, 20:31
This is true, however, Mc5 is hard enough as it is, id say 20+ runs without a tech, is highly rare, and un-attainable in a month, wouldnt u?

You would think so, but considering how many there are around
obviously it wasnt hard enough to make them truelly rare. The
only way to make something rare is to either make it stupid hard
(way harder than mc5), make the droprate stupidly low (which
just creates boring farming) or only have the drop available for a
period of time. Imo the later is the best considering that then you
dont have to force people into boring gameplay. And if it becomes
a problem with the item becomming too rare you can always
open it up again for a while.

Basicly when you put the word "rare" into the same sentence you
say "everyone should be able to get it" you are on damn thin ice
imo.

Clownst0pper
31-03-04, 20:34
mm, actually agree. I remember when kami chips were out, and hunting for days to find one, I did eventually find a kami trooper, practically after giving up hope, and it wasnt the chip I was looking for, but the feeling of 'finally' and relief u had got something so rare was highly enjoyable.

Saying that I was like that with my first SA, which wasnt even hard to get when Mc5 had glass. :angel:

Strych9
31-03-04, 20:37
You would think so, but considering how many there are around
obviously it wasnt hard enough to make them truelly rare. The
only way to make something rare is to either make it stupid hard
(way harder than mc5), make the droprate stupidly low (which
just creates boring farming) or only have the drop available for a
period of time. Imo the later is the best considering that then you
dont have to force people into boring gameplay. And if it becomes
a problem with the item becomming too rare you can always
open it up again for a while.

Basicly when you put the word "rare" into the same sentence you
say "everyone should be able to get it" you are on damn thin ice
imo. I disagree that stopping the access is the answer.

Define rare however you want, but I think it should involve everyone having equal access. Make it harder, or lower drop rate- but someone new to the game shouldnt have to be forced to try and buy one when someone who joined a month earlier had the opportunity to try and get one for themselves.

Stopping access for periods of time = frantic farming during the times that it is opened.

Make it harder or whatever, but dont just cut off access entirely. That makes no sense in a persistent universe.

Doc Holliday
31-03-04, 20:37
i hope they do open it up again soon but i bet the next patch will be more fixes rather than new stuff.

petek480
31-03-04, 20:39
You can't make an item in this game thats so important to pvp so rare where not everyone has a chance of getting one.

Pwnage
31-03-04, 20:44
The way the rare system is today, and the way it's been since retail, you can't just shut it off and deprive me of it.

It should have been RARE RARE from the start, and then nobody would be bitching.

Now we got people running around with like an MC5 chip in all their chars, and others who haven't got one.

And NOW we're gonna make it RARE RARE?

No way. Everyone deserves a shot now.

Rade
31-03-04, 20:45
Originally posted by petek480
You can't make an item in this game thats so important to pvp so rare where not everyone has a chance of getting one.

Except that it isnt very important, for any class.

Clownst0pper
31-03-04, 20:45
I bought my SA recently for 10million, 100 techs, and a riggers dream, nothing major

Scikar
31-03-04, 20:54

It's a godsend if you're a hightech PE and want to go for RoLH, Exec without losing all your armor in the process. It's a massive bonus for a hybrid. It's one of very few H-C imps for a Tank. Cutting off the drops is a stupid idea, especially just before DoY. Maybe if there was a chance of people who currently own one dropping them then yes, it would work, but currently since items don't circulate, they won't be 'rare' items so much as 'items for the priviledged few'.

Spartan
31-03-04, 20:55
Its been said before a thousand times, and I will say it again just for kicks. This game is about pvp, point blank, whether you like to admit it or not. And being that this is a pvp based game, anything that provides a very significant advantage in pvp (i.e. mc5 chips), must be obtainable by all if skill is to be the true measure of one's gameplay. Anyone else want to kick the dead horse? Rade may not think so, but for many setups it is a huge powerboost. You can tell the difference quite easily between an APU with a DS and one without for example.

Rade
31-03-04, 20:58
Originally posted by Scikar
It's a godsend if you're a hightech PE and want to go for RoLH, Exec without losing all your armor in the process. It's a massive bonus for a hybrid. It's one of very few H-C imps for a Tank. Cutting off the drops is a stupid idea, especially just before DoY. Maybe if there was a chance of people who currently own one dropping them then yes, it would work, but currently since items don't circulate, they won't be 'rare' items so much as 'items for the priviledged few'.

Yeah, its very good if you are a PE, but going RoLH or whatever is
a choice, and you will be just as viable with a blacksun setup,
only different. I agree tho, RoLH/BoH/Exec is more or less
impossible without MC5. Some spy setups are very reliant on it as
well. However no one is forcing anyone into specific setups, and
the classes plays just fine without them, the advantage isnt that
great.

Spartan
31-03-04, 21:01
Blacksun is just as viable as RoLH/Exec/BoH? Share the drugs please.... The difference between those weapons in pvp is night and day. This from a PE that uses those weapons as well. I have fought people who have used both setups. With the blacksun, they got owned hardcore. When they used the others, it was actually a challenge and quite even.

Rade
Originally posted by Spartan
Its been said before a thousand times, and I will say it again just for kicks. This game is about pvp, point blank, whether you like to admit it or not. And being that this is a pvp based game, anything that provides a very significant advantage in pvp (i.e. mc5 chips), must be obtainable by all if skill is to be the true measure of one's gameplay. Anyone else want to kick the dead horse? Rade may not think so, but for many setups it is a huge powerboost. You can tell the difference quite easily between an APU with a DS and one without for example.

Well, I mostly play PE which is hands-down the class that
benefits most from MC5 chips, so I know perfectly well how much
it helps. I dont agree however, this game would benefit from
going towards a mmoRPG and away from a mmoFPS since there
are so many other better fps games out there. If everyone has
the same equipment and the same setups we might as well go
play some mindless shooter.

Glok
For my hybrid, a DS would mean either 7 more apu (about 40% damage on my energy beam) or about 50 more mana. You tell me if I need one desperately.

Rade
31-03-04, 21:02
Originally posted by Spartan
Blacksun is just as viable as RoLH/Exec/BoH? Share the drugs please.... The difference between those weapons in pvp is night and day. This from a PE that uses those weapons as well.

Of course the difference between the _weaps_ are night and
day, Ive used all of them extensively. A PE with rolh is just as
effective as a PE with a lib or a blacksun. The difference is just
that the rolh PE will have decent offence but shit defence
whereas the lib/blacksun PE will have shit offence but very good
defence. In the end it evens out.

Clownst0pper
31-03-04, 21:02
the SA stupidly benefits a PE, it means serious non gimpage, and with some tweaking and a little drug use, u can have access to tl 114 rares, and cap them with a rifle 3, and get a respectable 160% dmg, 267% aiming on them with self buffs, which cant be scoffed at.

If it wasnt for my SA, Ikari wouldnt be using a capped tl 111 rifle, I wouldnt want to not allow others to have the same thing, just because I joined the game 6months earlier o_O :(

Rade
31-03-04, 21:05
Originally posted by Glok
For my hybrid, a DS would mean either 7 more apu (about 40% damage on my energy beam) or about 50 more mana. You tell me if I need one desperately.

Doesnt sound like it. a 7% or so increase in actual damage wont
change the world for you.

Glok
31-03-04, 21:06
Doesnt sound like it. a 7% or so increase in actual damage wont
change the world for you. Exactly. :)

(Although, the question was directed at the people saying OMG YUO NEED MC5!!!11) ;)

edit: This also means I can self poke all my imps with little psu gimpage. So I can just go fight until I die, repoke myself, and get right back out there with little downtime. Not so if I had to find that TL115 poker for my friggin DS that popped.

Spartan
31-03-04, 21:12
Of course the difference between the _weaps_ are night and
day, Ive used all of them extensively. A PE with rolh is just as
effective as a PE with a lib or a blacksun. The difference is just
that the rolh PE will have decent offence but shit defence
whereas the lib/blacksun PE will have shit offence but very good
defence. In the end it evens out.

Perhaps, for some people. However some people are not as good as you to be able to play both ways. I know I am not. But I will agree with you that if you want FPS there are better games. But cutting off the supply? Well, honestly what does Neocron need most? New players. Doing as you say would do one of two things. One, it would delete the pool of MC5 chips as they wear out or more people join and a smaller percentage of the population have them, until finally they virtually disappear. Two the people who have the MC5 chips could end up totally owning the new players due to the crazy setups they now can have and they leave. The first I find acceptable, the latter I do not. I agree that it is not "necessary" for any class in the long run of things. But currently it is necessary to be able to fight on somewhat even ground. As for that 7% damage, I can't tell you how many fights that end with either of us having only 25hp or so left :D 7% is all the difference there as to whether you win or lose.

Lanigav
31-03-04, 21:14
Not every character, and especially myself, has giant wads of cash, an apartment full of valuable tech parts, and other MC5 chips to trade, so don't assume that we all have the ability to even think about trading for them. That and I finally got two characters prepped and a group of friends going to finally give MC5 a try, and they close it the day after. I didn't even get a fair chance at getting any for myself or my friends, and there was nothing said about any time limit to getting them, so its extremely unfair.

If you want to play a game where you have to dedicate an entire year's worth of playing (3 years if you're a casual player :p) to getting a single item, then go play Everquest.

Clownst0pper
31-03-04, 21:16
Well, ive been playing neocron since the start of retail, have 4 mc5 chips, 3 fully capped chars, and really dont need anything ever again until DOY is come out.

Its not because Ive been playing for 2years (more i think)

Its because I actually pull my finger out my arse, and get stuff done, get techs, sell the completed rares, get more techs, until u have enough items to bargain for an MC5 chip with.

Its easily done, if, u pull ur thumb out.

Lanigav
31-03-04, 21:30
I've been playing since retail too, but there are times where I like to just have some fun with the game instead of farming techs or doing cave runs until I'm blue in the face. So you could say I'm a semi casual player, and I think its unfair that any item in the game should be exclusive to those who are extremely well connected or play 12 hours a day.

I should have just as much right to have a crack at MC5 like everyone else did before it got closed down due to KK's new retarded AI.

Clownst0pper
31-03-04, 21:32
Usually my play time is from 7oclock @ night, to about 12 oclock, and ive amased alot of stuff..Just because I know leveling quickness, good places to tech hunt, and generall how to find a bargain!

Takes practice but Ive bought mc5 chips for at least 6 people on saturn, always SA's just because they know I can get them one through haggles and hard work, obviously I charge for the service but they dont complain :p

Tratos
31-03-04, 21:36
I believe this thread was originaly about MC5 being reopened, not you guys saying how l337 you are how many you have and the importance of them in the game

And i really do hope it will be open again soo, Snowcrash was about just a little while ago, try PMing him to find out, heh

~Tratos

Clownst0pper
31-03-04, 21:37
As ive said, mc5 wont be opened again in along time, due to every time it is opened, some sad fuck finds an exploit. :eek:

How hard can it be to make a square polygon room with some mobs in it????

Pwnage
31-03-04, 21:44
Originally posted by Tratos
I believe this thread was originaly about MC5 being reopened, not you guys saying how l337 you are how many you have and the importance of them in the game

And i really do hope it will be open again soo, Snowcrash was about just a little while ago, try PMing him to find out, heh

~Tratos

Praise the lord!

err... I mean Tratos :p

alig
31-03-04, 21:47
I dont have 1 mc5 part/chip so mc5 being closed doesnt concern me..... the fact they have closed it due to there own mistakes (because they cant make a game work?) is not acceptable, if they dont want people going in there then they should make mc5 chips req tl 255 stat to make it fair.

Invertigo
31-03-04, 21:51

kinda is for tanks... the extra ROF you get is leet....

Lanigav
31-03-04, 21:56
And the extra aiming %. :)

ezza
31-03-04, 23:12

Except that it isnt very important, for any class. for hybrids it means we can use blessed spells and holy halo id say its pretty integral to the hybrid setup

but yeah just open up the place, its stupid that i cant go get the remaining parts i need for my DS:mad:

kinda is for tanks... the extra ROF you get is leet....

i disagree, my non MC5 tank can take out MC5 tanks just as easy as any other

Clownst0pper
31-03-04, 23:21
i disagree, my non MC5 tank can take out MC5 tanks just as easy as any other

Have to agree ezza, mc5 doesnt make a tank, the only nice thing is Body health, and even that isnt a must.

SA is the only helpfull one, with DS secondry for hybrids.

@ ezza, lets face it, how many good tanks are left on saturn? :lol: :cool:

Whitestuff
31-03-04, 23:49
Originally posted by Tratos

~Tratos

What I thought ever since the first "it isn't an important thing" reply. If I could replace my zerk 3 with a Herc, I would in a heart beat. It may not give a huge integral difference, but its still better.

I agree, lets open this baby back up. I just finished setting up my tank and monk to go there and start the farming for 1 tech per 30 kills. Lets fix the "exploit" and get on with it.

Archeus
31-03-04, 23:52
Originally posted by WhiteKrAkRBOi
I agree, lets open this baby back up. I just finished setting up my tank and monk to go there and start the farming for 1 tech per 30 kills. Lets fix the "exploit" and get on with it.

Some people must do some serious farming. When the Devourer first appeared I was told a certain group have over 16 Hawkins along with numerous other MC5 completed chips.

You really have to be playing with a group 24/7 to get the good stuff.

Clownst0pper
01-04-04, 00:15
Kami kaze drones are amazing @ killing commanders :eek:

shush :p

manderf
01-04-04, 04:06
well you know why they cant fix mc5? Because kk's programers are slaves locked in a basement chained together and fed gruel, while working under a whip,kk recycles there piss as drinking water for them. DONT REMOVE THIS POST!!! THE TRUTH WILL BE HEARD. THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED.

Invertigo
01-04-04, 04:15
no you dont need one, but it does make a noticable difference...

i dont have one anyways:(

Scikar
01-04-04, 04:16
Have to agree ezza, mc5 doesnt make a tank, the only nice thing is Body health, and even that isnt a must.

SA is the only helpfull one, with DS secondry for hybrids.

@ ezza, lets face it, how many good tanks are left on saturn? :lol: :cool:

MC5 means keeping same H-C but getting a shedload more force resist, and the extra body health can help a fair bit with pushing poison resist up or getting some more ath. Not to mention it's pretty much the only way to get PA3 on without using drugs/gimping. Plus the Herc is the key to a PA4 setup.

-FN-
01-04-04, 06:20
You know what? You can get into MC5...

When It's Done (TM)

Oh wait, shit. Wrong blanket excuse. Um, how about... when we unfuckup the AI that everyone's taking advantage of everywhere else on the map?

Hey, how about opening up the 2 new MC5 areas that were rumored by GMs oh-so-many months ago. I'm sure you'd love to ask me which GM but the tactic of KK's evil mind warping (aka putting something off so long I forget about it :() has won *sigh*

Sorry... feeling especially sarcastic today with the lack of bugfixing produced with the LAST patch that has gone on.

Bl@zed
01-04-04, 07:34
Originally posted by Pwnage

OH! OMG, here's an idea!

Customer service. gg

So what's the word?

when KK gets smart and makes a patch to fix mc5 alone...but we all know they arent THAT smart :p

Pwnage
01-04-04, 16:06
You know what would be really great, is if a KK person came in here and just said whatever.

If you don't know, then say that... just say something.

Stigmata
01-04-04, 16:18

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

jernau
01-04-04, 21:40
Originally posted by Lanigav
I've been playing since retail too, but there are times where I like to just have some fun with the game instead of farming techs or doing cave runs until I'm blue in the face. So you could say I'm a semi casual player, and I think its unfair that any item in the game should be exclusive to those who are extremely well connected or play 12 hours a day.

I should have just as much right to have a crack at MC5 like everyone else did before it got closed down due to KK's new retarded AI.

Work more, get more. Work less, get less.

Life's a bitch and it doesn't care.

@Clown - seriously?

@KK - Fix it ASAP please, and SCs and all the other crap. Thanks.

MrChumble
01-04-04, 22:22
DS is vital as a combat hybrid. Anyone who disagrees is...wrong :p

You get % to both APU and PPU, more mana, better frequency, and at the same time get to rip out a nerf chip like an exp psi controller, giving you better resists. It even lets you use the <secret chip what makes my hybrid so sexy like mmkay> but it's only viable with a DS.

Technically a DS isn't required, but you're gonna be a pretty crappy hybrid without one (whereas with one you're almost the equal of a blind PE with no skill! Whoot!).