PDA

View Full Version : Hi all. Anything interesting happening?

Jag
31-03-04, 19:35
Has NC gone into retail yet?

j/k :)

ANy old-school NCers still here? How's DOY? I'm Curious.

I might even re-instate Neocom :)

cRazy2003
31-03-04, 19:38
wow your a old player :p
doy isnt out LOL coming out soon this year tho, and the pre-order is out to on www.neocron.com

Dribble Joy
31-03-04, 19:40
oct 2001.. wow, not many older than you :p.

Things are far different that when you were last here I imagine.

SnowCrash
31-03-04, 19:48
OHNOES A NEOCRON OLDIE! :p Good to see you again ;)

Danae
31-03-04, 19:48
Jag! Long time no see ;)

Tratos
31-03-04, 19:49
Lol yeah go pre order play the game and give KK your money :p

~Tratos

Rade
31-03-04, 19:54
oh lookie. *waves*

Clownst0pper
31-03-04, 19:58
Welcome back..

Have to say, youve joined at a good time, DOY on its way (very close now)

and finally the classes are beginning to look balanced (depending on who you ask)

Hybrids are non existant, PPU's are still as needed as ever, Melee is getting a boost, droners are now uber, H-C tanks have recieved 2 new rares, which both rock, APU's HL has returned to normal, with rare barrels now actually hurting players...UM, and there are faction gaurds in PP's

Oh,

Saturn > Pluto, Come join in the fun :lol:

All the above if u havnt secretly been playing ;)

Possessed
31-03-04, 20:00
Welcome back.

You're the guy who ran Neocom and that MMGN network right?

[Edit] Saw the sig... nm, I know now that you ran neocom... still wondering about the mmgn thing.

Kenjuten
31-03-04, 22:29
Originally posted by Clownst0pper

Hybrids are non existant

Heh, the only difference there is currently is that Hybrids can no longer use both APU and PPU rares at the same time properly. =P

Well, that and a small nerf in power, but much smaller than what the nerf used to be. 8|

Vampire222
31-03-04, 22:37
nothing interesting happening

hivemind
31-03-04, 22:58
What's DoY? o_O

Clownst0pper
31-03-04, 23:15
Well, that and a small nerf in power, but much smaller than what the nerf used to be.

U ever been hit with a holy energy halo while dmg boosted? U can out heal it..

Ill say again, hybrids are non existant

Kenjuten
31-03-04, 23:20
You ever read the patchnotes?

Come on man, I may not have the battle experience (yet), but I try my best to be aware of any and all changes in Neocron.

Degrading the -30% conflict nerf to -5% may still be a problem, but that's still 1/6th what it used to be. As a tradeoff we can't use the PPU and APU rares at the same time effectively, like I said.

And it also depends on which version of heal you're referring to, as well as the class using said heal. Of course a PPU can Holy Heal their way out of that kind of situation by theory, just using a best case scenario.

By the way, excluding all the hyrbids I've seen on these forums and ingame, you're looking straight at one. =P

And I thought you said the Kami Hybrid pic in the other thread was teh sex, so why're you being contradictous? O_o

Glok
31-03-04, 23:22
Originally posted by Kenjuten
And I thought you said the Kami Hybrid pic in the other thread was teh sex, so why're you being contradictous? O_o Probably because what I posted has 50+ million nc worth of chips in it's head. :)

Clownst0pper
31-03-04, 23:25
The only good hybrid out there is monsoon, which is divides, and personally, Id be 100% confident I could ******** him on my APU, why?

Because he cant run cast shelter, and his anti buff takes forever to cast, as a Pker he is the ultimate, as an OP waring APU he would be terrible.

As a pure apu with a PPU on my ass, am i not the best hybrid there is? the same stands for every other pure.

Kenjuten
31-03-04, 23:30
Hell yeah I agree that APU/PPU teams outrival Hybrids by far.

I'm just saying that (with a shitload of money :lol: ) they can be the team by themselves to a small extent.

...Whether this matters is up to the situation.

Yes, I do feel bothered when I'm in a Monk Team...I do. :(

Clownst0pper
31-03-04, 23:33
Yes, I do feel bothered when I'm in a Monk Team...I do.

so whats the point in being one is my point? To be a solo class? The solo class doesnt exist any more, one parashock your fucked hybrid or not, and 99% of hybrids I know cant even run cast shelter.

The PE remains the ultimate solo class purely because of stealth, sadly the days of hybrids are gone, the quicker people stop trying to flog a dead horse, and realise that to be effective is to be pure, then your waisting your own time.

souljah
01-04-04, 00:21
and i thought that i had been here long.. damn!!! welcome back

Valkyrie
01-04-04, 00:39
The only good hybrid out there is monsoon, which is divides, and personally, Id be 100% confident I could ******** him on my APU, why?

Because he cant run cast shelter, and his anti buff takes forever to cast, as a Pker he is the ultimate, as an OP waring APU he would be terrible.

As a pure apu with a PPU on my ass, am i not the best hybrid there is? the same stands for every other pure.

Yeah i fought monsoon in the PP sewers for like 20 minutes with my ppu weighted hybrid. He beat me eventually, really fun fight though, one of my all time favorites :)

Clownst0pper
01-04-04, 00:40
god arent hybrid fights literally 20 minutes long :lol:

hivemind
01-04-04, 00:43
sadly the days of hybrids are gone
Speak for yourself. I threw a damn party.

Clownst0pper
01-04-04, 00:45
Saying that, hybrids were so fucking annoying, walking armys, unstoppable is the word!

Good riddence!

HellBreaker
01-04-04, 00:51
i'm an old player lol :rolleyes:
eh ...... that will be all lol

Celt
01-04-04, 00:57
Originally posted by Jag
Has NC gone into retail yet?

j/k :)

ANy old-school NCers still here? How's DOY? I'm Curious.

I might even re-instate Neocom :)
i remember you

ezza
01-04-04, 01:41
so whats the point in being one is my point? To be a solo class? The solo class doesnt exist any more, one parashock your fucked hybrid or not, and 99% of hybrids I know cant even run cast shelter.

The PE remains the ultimate solo class purely because of stealth, sadly the days of hybrids are gone, the quicker people stop trying to flog a dead horse, and realise that to be effective is to be pure, then your waisting your own time.

its not really flogging a dead horse because there still ment to be viable.

there still a good solo class, but then i also solo hunting with my tank PE apu etc etc so nothings changed there, except like my PE i can stand in front of a warbot and take it down np.

as for fighting, id like to see you go 1 on 1 v monsoon with your APU id be intersted to see the result.

of course if you had a PPU on your ass your going to be better than the hybrid, but so then you are also better than the apu or the tank or the spy who is without PPU, but the hybrid would at least survive a bit longer :lol:

i mean i just ran into a tank with his PPU butt buddy(lol cant really critisize since ive been doing that recently)and i know i would of taken down if it wasnt for the fact that he hit me with para glue, still took him a fair but to take me down, enough time for me to say hahahahaha then sex him :D

however in op wars they are not so great, but then tbh if it aint a tank or a pure monk its aint really that usefull, the spies are nice but not needed same with PEs, hybrids fit into that catagory also, nice but not needed, but the hybrid means its one less person for the ppu to worry about, in the same way PEs can also be semi independent in op wars.

however i wouldnt view it as dead horse flogging, hell im having fun atm, something ive not had much of as a class well since the last time i was hybrid.

i agree the old hybrid were over powering and needed a nerfing but hybrids shouldnt be wiped out.

and on the topic, i remember you Jag from when i first started at begining of retail, so hi :)

Valkyrie
01-04-04, 02:13
ezza is your hybrid apu biased like monsoon or ppu biased?

Glok
01-04-04, 02:23
Mine is apu biased, ebeam and regular shelter. I can runcast ebeam, dunno about shelter, not capped yet.

And since I was so rude in my previous post, heyo Jag, nice to see ya back. :)

Dribble Joy
01-04-04, 02:56
Hybrids are still viable.

Agaist PEs they are unstoppable.
A blessed shelter/heal hybrid is totally immune to the low dmg output of PEs, while the PEs still cannot out heal hte hybrids low lvl apu spells.

tbh, hybrids should not get acces to the blessed spells at all (execpt blessed def).

Kenjuten
01-04-04, 04:34

*reads recent posts*

...mm.

*scratching his head* I must say again that my personal experiences with being in a team is a bit disenheartening from a personal point of view, but hm..they do have their redeeming qualities..

I'll contemplate this thread..

Jag
01-04-04, 12:18
Heheh. Hi Bunneh and Danae. Good to see you're both still about. :)

Possessed
Yeah, Neocom was my site but I had nothing to do with the MMGN thing.
I'm neocom will be part of my MMORPG network I'm working on, afterall, if I may say so myself it was a damned good site *shameless self plug*.

I might check out NC again once DoY comes out. It was the most fun I had in a MMORPG second only to UO. As UO was the first MMORPG I played properly that was where the awe and wonder got used up. But anyone who knows me knows I'm a sucker for post-holocaust and cyberpunk so combining them is as good as dangling a carrot in front of me.

As a side note (and this wasn't actually the reason for this showing up, it's the only time I could actuall get back in) I'm working on a new site which is effectively in alpha.

Anyone know of Friends Reunited? Or loads of similar sites that allow you to enter your schooling info so old friends can get in contact? Well those sites are crap. Why would I want to get in contact with those that are best left forgotten? If I wanted to keep in contact I would still be in contact with em right?
Anyway, the site I'm working on works in a similar way but it's aimed at those that play MMORPGs. Enter your gaming history along with character info, clan memberships etc and other people can track you down. That kinda thing. It'll also be a site about MMORPGs with news on them in general, people opinions, reviews etc etc. Kinda like Stratics, IGN etc but run by me without all the corporate ties, adverts and 'unapproachableness'.
Just to prove I'm not spamming or plugging the site I'm not even gonna print the URL :P.
But anyone who might be interested in becoming a column writer (reviewer, ranter, interviewer), guide writer (game guides and articles) or news reporter (for the MMORPG community in general or game specific) let me know. Send me a PM here or ICQ 27531381.

Hmmm, so Neocron. Wonder if my char is still there? Hell, wonder if my account is still there :) Is this forum still account holders only?
Am I gonna have to come back and reform the NIA too?
Damn you lot have been lazy :P

Valkyrie
01-04-04, 13:22
They have not deleted any characters on purpose since the start of retail, there is a small chance your chars will have disappeared though.

Thanatos
01-04-04, 14:06
Hiyas Jag :) Good to see you again!

Yes your account and chars are still there.

Nightbrother
01-04-04, 14:09
Welcome back, Jag!

I don't know you, but joy always fills my throbbing heart when old players return, or new players join. :D

hinch
01-04-04, 14:11
Originally posted by Glok
Probably because what I posted has 50+ million nc worth of chips in it's head. :)

lol i have all them chips either already in head or in gogu :)

btw hiya jag

ezza
01-04-04, 17:01
Originally posted by Valkyrie
ezza is your hybrid apu biased like monsoon or ppu biased? i aint capped yet and dont have DS, so im going to be more APU biased and proberbly use Beam( say proberbly, though ive had good luck with the holy halo so far) though once i get my DS, ill go got blessed defence and holy halo for attack

REVKhA
01-04-04, 17:03
welcome back

Genty
01-04-04, 17:48
Hi Jag, good to see your still alive and well :D

Welcome back to the Neocron Forums

Originally posted by Jag

Possessed
Yeah, Neocom was my site but I had nothing to do with the MMGN thing.

MMGN was mine, left that a long time ago now and I hear it's pritty dead with the new owner/controllers, shame, as it had a good name. :D

A lot of things that i start up and think of the name, get under new management and completely loose all what it once stood for and messes up....*thinks of NAT*

<----- registered 16 days before Jag :p

Jag
01-04-04, 21:05
Lo mate ya old bastard :)

Yeah, 3 days before and 400+ posts more - always were a spammer :P

/me wonders if it's possible to start a flamewar without Derisor :)

NeocronMatch wasn't it? I remember when it got taken over - like most good sites, under new management they fall apart.
The prob with getting good staff is that it's impossible for free... why? Cos if they have the dedication and skill they would do it themselves (and often do) and if not then they will be no good taking over.

I had enough trouble getting interest in writers for neocom. Those that were good stopped playin NC and therefore stopped writting.

The dedicated few mate :)

Of course, the ideal solution would be to get those people together and get them to work on 1 site. But we've got our heads too far up our own arses and wanna work on our own thing :)
But we continue, stick everything into a site for the love of it, wear ourselves out, drum up interest for the devs/publishers, provide for the community. All for what? To be trodden down and ... er, hang on. Oops. Wrong meeting :)

But hopefully, this new site will act as a forum for those kinds of people too. Get those that do have the dedication and interest to keep things going. So if one quits (or moves to a different project) then there's always someone else that can take their place and do a decent job.

BTW, speaking of which I need a graphic designer :) someone who can do logos, page layout designs etc. Any offers?

Oh, and before I forget, Hiyas Thanny. Anyone do anything with the first half of the manual?

Damn, I'm getting flashbacks of all the fun things that happened in NC. NIA on OP runs and getting their asses kicked by some lame-ass clan that was teleport camping then only to be saved by a mates clan rolling in over the hills in tanks :) Or first explorations into the Military Base. And I remember the hover bomber things when they wuz just decoration.
So I gotta start paying again? Not like a lifetime membership then? No 'welcome back to Neocron' offers? :rolleyes: Oh well. Was worth a try :D

Was in Lineage 2 closed beta - now it's in open my interest might start waning. What after Eve, Asheron's Call 2, Anarchy Online and Star Wars Galaxies none have lasted as long as NC. (But that wasn't as good as UO but we won't go down that route).

So NC seems kinda tempting atm. Permasinking sorted? I still don't mind editing the game text - only offered 2 years ago :P Author Team resurected? *hint hint* That would get me back.

Anyway, I may check it out again soon. If so then hopefully I'll see all ya n00bs in game. If not then take care all and hope Martin can whup Snows ass into making this game what it could/should be (past tense, dunno what it's like now).

So til then, I'll be lurking, see y'all later.

Jag out.

Clownst0pper
01-04-04, 21:27
id ******** monsoon, I bet a milky ren on it :D

Jag post message me, im a writer and have done layouts for websites and some articles.

hivemind
01-04-04, 21:49
/me wonders if it's possible to start a flamewar without Derisor
BEETLEJUICE!! BEETLEJUICE!!

ezza
01-04-04, 23:10
id ******** monsoon, I bet a milky ren on it :D

ill take that bet:p

Scikar
01-04-04, 23:20
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Hybrids are still viable.

Agaist PEs they are unstoppable.
A blessed shelter/heal hybrid is totally immune to the low dmg output of PEs, while the PEs still cannot out heal hte hybrids low lvl apu spells.

tbh, hybrids should not get acces to the blessed spells at all (execpt blessed def).

Damage boost and TL3 heal, plus a Lib will seriously put a dent in a hybrid's health.

Though vs Clown I'll put 10 Milky Rens on Monsoon to win a 1v1.

Glok
01-04-04, 23:59
Originally posted by Scikar
Damage boost and TL3 heal, plus a Lib will seriously put a dent in a hybrid's health.My hyb has 419 health self buffed and uses TL3 heal anyways. Go ahead, TL3 me and save me the trouble. ;)

NS_CHROME54
02-04-04, 03:24
sup jag, long time no see. other then danae and odin (who both now work for kk i'm sure you know) i'm about as old-school as they come.

Scikar
02-04-04, 10:07
My hyb has 419 health self buffed and uses TL3 heal anyways. Go ahead, TL3 me and save me the trouble. ;)

Well that was for a blessed hybrid. For yours just shoot. :p

Kenjuten
02-04-04, 10:08
@ Scikar: How would you know? D:

Scikar
02-04-04, 10:14
@ Scikar: How would you know? D:

Simply because if he doesn't have blessed heal, he doesn't have blessed shelter either. And he hasn't got PE armor underneath that regular shelter. :)

Kenjuten
02-04-04, 10:21
So basically, you'd fire a test shot at him and see how it hurts him? Interesting....

Scikar
02-04-04, 10:23
So basically, you'd fire a test shot at him and see how it hurts him? Interesting....

No, I already know it would hurt him. Unless he's found some magical way to get a bunch of extra CON levels.

Kenjuten
02-04-04, 10:29
Waiiiiit up.

(Sorry for temp-hijacking folks)

In that case, it's still unclear to me how you can 'read' the hybrid so easily.

Tell me how you automatically know.

Scikar
02-04-04, 10:40
OK. Underneath whatever mask you put over him, he's still got an APU's defence. The only thing that can increase that is shelter and deflector. He can't create new armor out of thin air, and resist buffs are only going to do so much. If he had enough PPU and MST for Heat/Haz 2 he would have Blessed Shelter and Blessed Heal. But he's already said he uses TL3 heal, and Blessed Heal is lower than all of those. So I can say for sure that he's using a TL25 Shelter.

That means he's mixing a PE with an APU. He'll have slightly better protection than an APU, but not much. Something around about a foreign cast Blessed Shelter worth of protection. And I know from experience that an APU with even Holy Shelter foreign cast (which is a little better than selfcast TL25 Shelter) still drops like a stone. The thing which saves APUs is Holy Heal, and the thing which saves hybrids is Blessed Heal. We're not looking at him and a PPU here, and he doesn't have a Blessed Heal, so therefore I can conclude that defence-wise he's like an APU with a foreign cast Blessed Shelter, and only TL3 Heal at best. Which is unlikely to ever face a 3rd CS clip.

Offense-wise he's going to have less than a pure APU. If he uses damage boost he'll have to cast it like a PE which gives me plenty of time to empty a couple of bursts into him, and pop a damage blocker drug. If he attacks straight off the bat, then he's still going to die because I can hurt him faster than he can hurt me. Even though HL is more powerful than CS (assuming he's using HL anyway) I have 200 more HP and better protection.

So to sum up, he can't defend properly against CS unless he has Blessed Heal. He can't make up for his loss in offense because casting damage boost will result in him dying for no gain.

Scikar
02-04-04, 10:46
Also if it's that kami hybrid setup he posted earlier, then he has the same defence as an APU but with only 170 APU. The scenario above is the best case I can think of.

And sorry for the thread hijack. :p

mdares
02-04-04, 11:09
hola mr. oldie dunno who u r but welcome back.

NC is getting interesting so u should definitely pop in for a good long look... HC tnaks are still ubar if u know how to do it; mc is getting there; pistol spies are actually viable depending on ur skill; droners own now compared to before... apus are still sexy if ur good or have a ppu up ur anus, else ur just piece of toilet paper that throws lightning bolts; ppus are still the gods... para needs nerfing but other than that its all good; pe's are probably the most fun class there is for soloing...

o and hybs are still viable in solo pvp and depending on ur playing style and setup u can still be pretty damn ubar. (i'm still betting div's hyb will pwn most people 1v1; maybe a tie between him and ele's tank; and if i get my monkey out of my closet i might tie div too if he doesnt use para :p)

hope u have fun and come to saturn. :D

Glok
02-04-04, 11:17
Originally posted by Scikar
Also if it's that kami hybrid setup he posted earlier, then he has the same defence as an APU but with only 170 APU. The scenario above is the best case I can think of.No it's not the kami setup, that's just crazy. It's a setup that if I can get it working, I will never post it. That 419 health also comes with pretty decent resists. Not PE resists, but close. :)

Scikar
02-04-04, 11:45
No it's not the kami setup, that's just crazy. It's a setup that if I can get it working, I will never post it. That 419 health also comes with pretty decent resists. Not PE resists, but close. :)

Ha. Sucky RoLH PE resists maybe. Decent PE resists no. :p

Glok
02-04-04, 11:50
Did I say otherwise? :p

mdares
02-04-04, 11:51
just curious as to wut u mean by "decent pe resists" like 200 overall ? 150 overall? 125 overall? (i mean in all stats; por optional)

Glok
02-04-04, 11:54
I didn't say 'decent pe resists' I said 'pretty decent resists. Not PE resists, but close' ... :)

What do you mean overall, like the average?

edit: Somehow I think I'm trying to turn my monk into a PE... maybe I shouldn't have deleted the capped PE I had since the start of retail. :rolleyes:

mdares
02-04-04, 11:58
overall as in: resists from armor + resists in con (converted to armor values ofcourse... so i guess u can call em total armor resists...

anyways just curious... and i was more directed at scikar as i wouldnt question the motives of a fellow hyb monkey :D

Glok
02-04-04, 12:02
Oh that was for Scikar, my bad. :)

Mine range from 100 to 180, just for interest. Except poison of course, that is zero.

ezza
02-04-04, 12:04
just out of interest sci have you actually done this with the libby on a hybrid?

i had a ppu buffed tankwhich i attacked,i cast my damage boost very quick, and he used speed gun on me, i aint capped(far from it)my resist aint fully setup yet, but even with a para laid down on me it still took the speed gat long enough to kill me, i had enough to continue running my mouth off in local at them.

and out of interest can PEs us the heat and haz level 2? i think a blessed monk can(though not sure not got all my stats and stuff in front of me atm, but when i was planing my hybrid i got pretty good stats on the peirce/force resists

Scikar
02-04-04, 12:12
Heat/Haz 2 are above Blessed Shelter IIRC. I'm pretty sure I remember checking it out and deciding it's not worth it.

Libby hits a hell of a lot harder than SpeedGun does, and SpeedGun does still hurt, so therefore Libby must hurt a fair bit, plus the PE has DB on top of that. I haven't had a chance to actually test it yet, but my PE is almost capped now, and I expect to specialise in fighting hybrids (just like I always have done in fact :p).

@Minic: I wouldn't expect most RoLH PEs to get much over 110 armor in most areas, though they would also have a bit less HP than 419 as well. Glok I would expect to have fairly good energy protection but lacking quite a bit in fire or xray, thuus a fire/uranium Lib is going to be ideal. On a Tank my standard approach is to empty a clip of CS followed by a clip of SpeedGun, using both keeps them on their toes and forces them to recast both S and D. Maybe if I ever get a Dev I would use that, but I can't see myself sinking to that level TBH. :p

Jag
02-04-04, 12:12
I can't believe I actually logged in to read more on your monk discussion :)

Lo Chrome, nice to see some are still faithful :)

Scikar
02-04-04, 12:13
Erm yeah, sorry mate. :p

I'll shut up now. :)

Glok
LOL sorry Jag. :D

ezza
Originally posted by Jag
I can't believe I actually logged in to read more on your monk discussion :)

Lo Chrome, nice to see some are still faithful :) haha nothing like a good thread hijacking

Dribble Joy
02-04-04, 12:45
I am currently lvling a hybrid (as a hybrid :p) an going for apu biased (haz1 being highest ppu spell)

But I dunno which end spell to go for, energy halo or beam.
My ppw will be poop with the beam, but will I do more dmg than the halo?

//edit, soz ^_^

mdares
02-04-04, 13:10
actually my hyb had roughly 150 overall in frc/prc/enr; 125+ in fire; and just a litle under 100 in xray w/o buffs ofcrouse. i still run cast ebeam and i think stop and go cast shelt too. (dmg could be better but eh; around 450 isnt too bad)

ok sorry jag... no more monkey talk now :)

ezza
02-04-04, 13:34
lol i think we really should of opened a hybrid thread

Jesterthegreat
02-04-04, 13:38
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
I am currently lvling a hybrid (as a hybrid :p) an going for apu biased (haz1 being highest ppu spell)

But I dunno which end spell to go for, energy halo or beam.
My ppw will be poop with the beam, but will I do more dmg than the halo?

//edit, soz ^_^

sounds like my pluto hybrid... PE buffs, Holy Halo (atm)

however considering a sheltered / healing guy can pretty much outheal a capped holy NRG halo... i would go beam and get a fair few psi boosters :p

thats my plan anyways