PDA

View Full Version : More Hackgames Crahndammit!

Heavyporker
31-03-04, 19:04
Come on KK! This light'em up thingie is getting ancient. How about varying the mini-games of hacking? Make hacking belts, hacking doors, and hacking mobs DIFFERENT!

Anyone played MYST:Exile? Remember that thing near the end, where you had to figure out the symbology, then tilt little circles to make wires connect to complete the circuit?

That'd be AWESOME! That could work for doors - a complete the circuit mini-game.

A belt hack mini-game could consist of sliding around small blocks with printed circuits on them...

Hey! anyone played Pipes? Where you had to lay down little sections of pipes - straight pieces, curved pieces, and even multi-prong pipes, and a few seconds from starting the ooze started coming through the pipes, and you had to connect to the other end of the board before the ooze went all over the floor?

That could work for belt too - little wires with nodes on both ends, straight, curved, multi prong, and after a few seconds, the current starts jumping wires - it stops for a second at each node, giving you a little time to lay down more wire....

COME ON KK! MORE HACK MINIGAMES!!!

Disturbed021
31-03-04, 19:06
Couldn't agree more.

naimex
31-03-04, 19:06
Originally posted by Heavyporker
Anyone played MYST:Exile? Remember that thing near the end, where you had to figure out the symbology, then tilt little circles to make wires connect to complete the circuit?

I helped my mom and bro out with those..

some of them was seriously a brain killer...

EDIT :: Think there are 4 MYTH games ^^

Myst
Myst 2
Myst 3
Uru

Heavyporker
31-03-04, 19:07
Naw... that end-game was pretty easy for me.

You just had to read the books for the symbols :P

my gawd, but wasnt it FUN!??1 Gorgeous as heck too!

Um.

I think I want to reinstall Exile now...

edit - Myst, Riven, Exile, and yes, Uru.

amfest
31-03-04, 19:13
I still think researching, construction, and anything else tradeskill related should be a mini game of sorts and like in hacking it just makes it easier in some way to have more skill. Hacking is good but it sorta Tees me off when the upper left side of the map requires you to hack for any of the big mobs. Sorta screws off those who just want to level there and just need junk for cloning :p Why can't there be some mobs in that area that DON"T require hacking. Ah well . . . end rant :P

HatchetRyda
31-03-04, 19:15
No more belts dropping!!! :( Lost PA.. 100k more for it..

Omnituens
31-03-04, 21:17
yeah... i want something that requires USER inteligent to solve

nothing like an rubiks cube, thats slightly harsh

maybe an rubiks cylinder... ;)

Think about it... it would cut down ninja hacks quiet a bit.

naimex
31-03-04, 21:19
Originally posted by Omnituens
yeah... i want something that requires USER inteligent to solve

nothing like an rubiks cube, thats slightly harsh

maybe an rubiks cylinder... ;)

Think about it... it would cut down ninja hacks quiet a bit.

and then hack skill defines the simplicity group of the hack quests

plague
31-03-04, 21:25
Hehe awesome idea and it would be easy to implement:D
5*

Jest
31-03-04, 21:42
Crahndamnit? :lol: Thats pretty good.

Cruzbroker
31-03-04, 21:43
Originally posted by amfest
Why can't there be some mobs in that area that DON"T require hacking. Ah well . . . end rant :P

Yeah, some oversized hippos 95/95 or something...

Tratos
31-03-04, 21:53
Yes Crahndamnit! (<--pwnage)

Warbots should really have a different hack system, as they are pretty old and technology will have advanced, i would be interesting to have different interfaces for different things, keep hacking (normal things) interesting as id imagine hacknet will be pretty sweet.

~Tratos

jiga
31-03-04, 22:00
i think they shuld get rid of the hack needed to open wbs. this would a)make it less tedious hunting rares and b)make it easier for tanks to hunt rares

Tratos
31-03-04, 22:01
Originally posted by jiga
i think they shuld get rid of the hack needed to open wbs. this would a)make it less tedious hunting rares and b)make it easier for tanks to hunt rares

Thats the point of them being hackable, so rare parts arnt just loot......o_O

And it makes scence for WBs to be hacked as they are mechanised.

~Tratos

Lanigav
31-03-04, 22:08
Amen. The current hacking game has bored me to tears.

sparrowtm
31-03-04, 22:21
What does "multi prong" mean? Sounds kinky. :confused:

Clownst0pper
31-03-04, 22:23
Why dont they just make it so each barrier of the outpost has a different hacking game, starting easy, medium, and then hard? :confused: :eek: :D

jiga
31-03-04, 22:25
im just saying that the hack game gets annoying after a Wbs especially if you usually end up with crappy loot.

Omnituens
31-03-04, 22:49
make the last layer a rubik cylinder

i dare you.

Kenjuten
31-03-04, 23:06
Mind explaining to me how a Rubix Cylinder is easier than a Rubix Cube?

Genuinely curious, and I could guess; I just wanna know from someone who's actually used a Rubix Cylinder and/or a Rubix Cube..

Omnituens
31-03-04, 23:10
Hes where the problem arises, due to different manufactures the names are not always consistant, what you know as the cylinder might be different to my version.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/daniel_rogers1/forum/cylinders.jpg

here are 2 different puzzles, each are both called 'cylinder'

the left side are slide peices while the right side is essentially rubiks cubes with the corners cut off.

(note these are not my puzzles, im not that loony)

the easiet to make ingame would be the ones on the left; its essentially a 14-15 puzzle wrapped round a coke can :p

Whitestuff
31-03-04, 23:24
Originally posted by jiga
im just saying that the hack game gets annoying after a Wbs especially if you usually end up with crappy loot.

Crappy loot is just one of those things that goes along with hunting for rares. It shouldn't be easy to get rare parts.

From an RP standpoint, which is how I choose to interpret this game, is this:
-WBs are old, hacking them is easy and should be: old technology.
-Tanks really are not supposed to be smart, you think a genetically engineered stupid thing could do much more than use a computer terminal? Now you want him to hack something? pfft...
-With the way it is setup, if you have 50 hack (that's all it takes) and killed the mob solo, hacking a WB is easier than going to Via Rosso 1 to buy level one armor for your spy......

Why do you want the best weapons in the game for free? It needs to take work and honestly, it should take A LOT MORE work.

Kenjuten
31-03-04, 23:28
Ah @ Omni

Hm..

Looking at both, I must say that they look easier than the Cube... :D

Omnituens
31-03-04, 23:29
makes no odds to me.

:D

Clownst0pper
31-03-04, 23:29
hacknet will be a fucker, bet u 50quid!

200hack skill needed so ur body doesnt explode half way through :lol:

Kenjuten
31-03-04, 23:32
That's just insane crap D:

Spy != Fixer

NC != AO

D: D: D: D: D:

Birkoff
31-03-04, 23:49
Originally posted by WhiteKrAkRBOi
Crappy loot is just one of those things that goes along with hunting for rares. It shouldn't be easy to get rare parts.

From an RP standpoint, which is how I choose to interpret this game, is this:
-WBs are old, hacking them is easy and should be: old technology.
-Tanks really are not supposed to be smart, you think a genetically engineered stupid thing could do much more than use a computer terminal? Now you want him to hack something? pfft...
-With the way it is setup, if you have 50 hack (that's all it takes) and killed the mob solo, hacking a WB is easier than going to Via Rosso 1 to buy level one armor for your spy......

Why do you want the best weapons in the game for free? It needs to take work and honestly, it should take A LOT MORE work.

Amen, agree 200%, rares arn't rare there commons, there are only like 10 rare things in the game and there all true rares (oh dear UO hit me)

@ the original post

Hacknet :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Don't introduce/work on new games then implement a whole new world for it :P Thas silly :)