View Full Version : Veteran says goodbye NC after 2 years [saturn]

zonk
31-03-04, 15:12
Yeah thats right, i took the final decision....
I checked mah worldpay account, say that i already payed 5 times 25 euros, plus the 1st 6 weeks free playtime, plus 1-2 months Beta4, its a goddamn long time....

Starting with beta4 as a melee tank, thinking that Storage 8 is the toughest place in the game, having 20-30 ppl killing the hurler outside storage 8.... Good times.....

Waited some time for the retail, didnt come out fast enough in Holland/NL, so i cathe the train and went to Germany to buy it :D

List of clans i can remember:
Psycho Mafia (Beta4)
Mafia
Blood Pack (Mafia + <O>wnage - Hogan (fu hogan :lol: )
NCCC
Templars

I lead Blood Pack for quite some time, as well as NCCC, and co-lead Templars for some time after NCCC forged with em....

Been active for quite some time, but the downfall of mah NC experience came after past summervacation..... some reasons:
1) Somehow mah machine didnt perform as good as it did before, couldn't even run Winamp in the background... From then on i was dedicated to a Fog at hald the bar, and the rest set to lowest... Before each major OP war, i had to reboot and kill all obsolete processes.....
2) Alot of NCCC ppl from good old times went inactive, missing alot of buddies...

The main reason that i quit has nottin directly to do with NC... Mah PC is almost 4 years old, upgraded only mah CPU, mobo and GFX some time ago (1Ghz, GF2MX)... Everygame runs pretty shit, and NC is totally not fun when u have a shit FPS, especially in PvP....

For the past year there are only 3 things that were interested to do in NC for me
- PvPing
- Leveling
- Collecting

Leveling is pretty boring....
Collecting was nice, specially MC5 time over a year ago
I had 3 MC5 chips in mah psi's head :lol:
PvP.... well, as described above, i got agitated pretty quickly with low FPS....

Things in mah RL went another direction, i joined a student society and i got 2 jobs now....
It almost seems that im lowering mah priority for gaming :)

Scrolling over the clanmembers list of Templars, which contains some oldschool players, it brings up memories that have content... Content that cant be found in any other Genre of games... MMORPG is just so massive, that you dont have the feeling playing NC was a timesink....

I thank the community of Saturn and the Beta Server for their company, Evil Minded or not.
Special thanks go out to:
Redim (already quit, old FC of TT on Saturn)
Legend (Lead NCCC too, came back after 6 months or something)
Castoff (respect to the mom!)
Slaughter
Babes
Dye
Starkes (For bringing me that highest heart BPM ever when he showed up in local (Thx for ur 4slot libby :) )
All active members of Psycho Mafia, Mafia, Blood Pack, NCCC & Templars that i forgot
KK, for listening to the community and staying relatively small compared to other MMORPG's

People who want to contact me, do so, you know how to do so....

All mah gear went to Castoff, she knows how to distribute it

Been fun, cu ladies and gents!

:(
-= Zonk OUT =-

Freya
31-03-04, 15:15
good luck
you all know the drills pm's