PDA

View Full Version : Samurai/Ninja Class

Boozbazz
31-03-04, 08:43
Wouldn't that be cool? To have some wicked 1337 skills such as unleashing the fury of the samurai or ninja? I mean obviously that wouldn't make sense as we now have guns and kickass technology....or would it? i mean WHY do people sometimes choose the sword over the gun in Neocron nowadays? What about a person who STILL carries on the art of Ninjitsu or some other form of martial arts to the current date in Neocron, possibly because the prefer the style? A group of people who dedicate themselves to a 'higher cause' and such. Mastering the blade or dagger, or using shruikens/throwing stars etc. Or just plain being incredibly deadly with their hands alone? Well that would definitely pull me back in...but yes bug fixes most definitely need to come first, and talking to one of my freinds about neocron he said "it just looks like there's too much in it, I mean I saw a screenshot of a person using spells to kill a jeep driving around him, there's robots -and- swords -and- magic -and- guns?." etc...so maybe adding something like i've just mentioned might just contribute to how bizarre NC is already. I'm also sure someone else has thought of something like this before too, but y'know. I think they should be caring less about 'winning' and all and more about enjoying the game and adding a good roleplaying value to it....I just thought I'd say ... stats are today, but style is forever. ;)

naimex
31-03-04, 08:46
Paragraphs are your friend...................................................

It will require too much of the game.

You would have to have some 10-20 hotbinds to be able to use your martial arts..

And it would require a new skill...

Martial Arts.

And thatīs something that definitely pulls the idea down.

Crono
31-03-04, 09:01
ninja?

that makes about as much sence as having the Martial Artists in anarchy online do more dmg then the gun/cannon classes (which they do... :/ )

-Krause

acually, maby they could impliment a class of people that are trying to be ninjas, and they sneak around and throw stars and swing arund nunchucks, and pretty much make perfect cannon fodder :D

Lanigav
31-03-04, 09:05
Perhaps they could work out something like that if the Tokyo city ever gets implimented, but other than that, it simply wouldn't fit with this games setting, style, or gameplay.

SPIKE (pluto)
31-03-04, 11:26
I like the idea but it couldnt be proper ninja style or it would be out of place but martial arts would bring sumthing new to tanks and aid melee a bit.

ezza
31-03-04, 12:10
meh im not so much bothered about the samurai class being implemented as having the weapons in game.

my melee PE will look pretty leet with a katana blade in hand;)

Ivory
31-03-04, 12:43
i love the idea of cyber ninjas and will most definately play one.

-=9mm=-
31-03-04, 14:20
I think that getting modules like psi ones but instead making them melee based for melee tanks ie a headbutt module ect might be kinda cool.

Omnituens
31-03-04, 15:01
Dex based Katana would be nice...

*points at avatar*

yavimaya
31-03-04, 15:10
Mkay, having ninja's/samurai's is really not a very good idea, BUT having martial arts really, really is a good idea, i think the Melee combat skill should be martial arts! basically its half implemented already, its called ALT+H, but imagine kicks, flying kicks, roundhouses, grabs, trips, etc.... all with damage dependant on your martial arts skill, say i dont know.... 1/4 or so of your skill is converted to dmg per hit?

There should be another (non strength) skill that is for swords, errr theres a special name for melee weapon use IRL, anyone who does karate, etc will know what its called.

hivemind
31-03-04, 16:09
I think you should all go watch your damn anime and leave your ninja fantasies there. plasma cannon > silly ninjas

www.realultimatepower.net

I only want ninjas if they're like those ones.

yavimaya
31-03-04, 16:49
Originally posted by hivemind
I think you should all go watch your damn anime and leave your ninja fantasies there. plasma cannon > silly ninjas

www.realultimatepower.net

I only want ninjas if they're like those ones.

Mmmm gee, im glad you posted that load of crap....

hivemind
31-03-04, 16:50
Funny, that's exactly how I feel about every single post that mentions anime...

yavimaya
31-03-04, 17:05
Originally posted by hivemind
Funny, that's exactly how I feel about every single post that mentions anime...

i understand your point, buuuut there hasnt even been a meantion of anime. :P
Well until now.

Jest
31-03-04, 17:24
Originally posted by Lanigav
Perhaps they could work out something like that if the Tokyo city ever gets implimented, but other than that, it simply wouldn't fit with this games setting, style, or gameplay. Yah don't forget about Tokyo II, most likely the next expansion after BDoY. Even if there isn't a specific ninja/samarai class I suspect there will at least be a lot of Japanese flavor items/weapons put into the game at that time.

Judge
31-03-04, 17:32
Anime is one thing, making a site about how cool it is to ahem "flip out" and kill people is not good. Also... whats all the mention of Anime.... Ninjas were real you know dude? And the martial Art Ninjitsu is also real.... so uh, Ninjas aren't just in Anime.

Anyway, a Dex based Katana would be cool. Melle spy would be awesome. :D

hivemind
31-03-04, 19:45
meh, to me, in 2004, ninjas=anime. And since anime=teh sux, ninjas=teh sux.

G.0.D.
31-03-04, 19:58
I just bought a real katana on ebay :rolleyes:

Aziraphale
31-03-04, 20:56
Originally posted by Judge
Anime is one thing, making a site about how cool it is to ahem "flip out" and kill people is not good. Also... whats all the mention of Anime.... Ninjas were real you know dude? And the martial Art Ninjitsu is also real.... so uh, Ninjas aren't just in Anime.

Anyway, a Dex based Katana would be cool. Melle spy would be awesome. :D

USED to be real yes, but the only ninjas that exist nowadays are people who go to ninjitsu classes on a tuesday evening and jack off to Bruce Lee films :P
If swordplay was made obsolete by gunpowder a few hundred years ago, I fail to see why the art of the samurai/ninja/whatever would be rediscovered in the year 2400 or whatever it is in NC just because they look cool.

However, a dex based katana would be lovely :D

Clownst0pper
31-03-04, 20:57
mm, kinda agree with the dex based katana, it would be a brilliant aspect seeing a spy in black PA, with a choice of different helmets, wielding a sword out of stealth.... :D

Crono
31-03-04, 22:40
hehe, like the electro kitana that the ninja used from metal gear solid :D

but yea, what Aziraphale said exactly. Having them suddenly redicovered because they look cool, even though they were outdated hundreds of years ago is just kinda lame ;P like some starwars nerd walking around in a cloak acting like a jedi because he thinks it looks cool... no ;p

-Krause

KimmyG
31-03-04, 23:21
Oh yippe now I can RP and pretend like.

I am some sic char out of some nice anime movie.

Hiroto Kamishu master ninjutsu artisit ninja jumping about the roofs of neocron with my nice little climbing rope and ninja stars I shall use stealth teqniques in an op war and upload what is good and true.

What a shitty idea when I see things like this I wish they would add negitive 5 stars

Omnituens
31-03-04, 23:25
Originally posted by Crono
hehe, like the electro kitana that the ninja used from metal gear solid :D
*cough* look at my post and look at what i pointed at *cough*

:p

Crono
01-04-04, 00:23
oh yea ;P
i gotta be more observent :P

ezza
01-04-04, 01:24
Originally posted by Aziraphale

If swordplay was made obsolete by gunpowder a few hundred years ago

better tell that to all the melee tanks:rolleyes:

Judge
01-04-04, 01:30
lol ezza

I don't think that Ninjas would be irrelevant in the Neocron society. I mean as ezza said, we already have dudes using swords.... whats wrong with stealthy dudes using swords as well? It could be a WoC skills.... finding information about various martial arts on the Ceres Disks.

hivemind
01-04-04, 01:47
Mmmmmpfh...

As pessimistic as I was, there's a certain appeal to a guy unstealthing in front of you with a sword. Kinda nifty.

Oh wait. There's melee PEs now.

Nevermind. ;)

yavimaya
01-04-04, 02:56
Originally posted by ezza

exactly! they already have many "outdated" people who should die to 1 bullet to the head before they even swing thier sword.... i cant beleive all the people that say its a shit idea to have martial arts..... i mean FFS are you that damn dumb? WE HAVE MELEE ALREADY! you cant remember that not using guns in fights is already a big part of the game? so where doesnt martial arts fit in if we already have people running around with swords, killing people with gatlin guns?

everyone who says martial arts doesnt fit the story line is errr i really shouldnt say.... thats how errr retarded (?) they are....

P.S. No ninja/ Samurai classes please! but martial arts for sure! as a subskill that is under str, or maybe split it between str and dex?

Rade
01-04-04, 11:19
Just make some melee weapons that have a dex req instead of
str, tadaa, PEs and Spys can be as ninja as you want.

Clyde
01-04-04, 11:58
I like the idea, but in all logics, I couldnt stomach a dude running up and drop kicking a warbot..........just wouldnt look right.

Judge
01-04-04, 13:48
I don't think that Martial arts are necessarily a good idea.... but dex based Melee weapons would definitely be cool.

Aziraphale
01-04-04, 17:31
Originally posted by ezza

They never listen :(

ezza
01-04-04, 17:35
Originally posted by Aziraphale
They never listen :( damn there ingnorance:p

Rith
01-04-04, 18:03
you want a ninja?

1. Roll a SPY
2. Spec enough T-C to use obliterator - there's your stealth
3. Max out on AGL for rest of DEX
4. Spec your STR for Melee
5. Max out on ATL / then enough CON/Resists to stay alive
6. I'd suggest you spec hacking for INT

There you go - modern (NC era) Ninja... Stealthy as fuck, break into most places, and provided you catch your opponent off his guard, you can ninja his arse...

Why do you need a special class/skills? If you want a ninja go play one... they were just Spies after all.

Marx
01-04-04, 18:12
Originally posted by Rith
Why do you need a special class/skills? If you want a ninja go play one... they were just Spies after all.

I agree. I've seen melee spies who were very good at what they do, and the melee TL revamp will just make it easier for them.

Mingerroo
01-04-04, 18:40
Anybody seen Equillibrium? The Gun Kata rocked.

All I think should happen is there should be some old school character "perks" like "Fast Shot" that takes from the mana pool and unleashes faster shots. The same for melee and the rest... To give the monotony of character levelling a little development flavour.

Steve

Aziraphale
01-04-04, 18:40
Originally posted by Marx
I agree. I've seen melee spies who were very good at what they do, and the melee TL revamp will just make it easier for them.

I like this idea of a mellee Spy, might try one out when I get back from Scotland.