PDA

View Full Version : I always liked this game because of the CITY atmosphere.

XSuneX
31-03-04, 00:40
So I guess, IMO it is good if Twilight Guardian you will be going to live in DOY?

I hope so because it is just as challenging as it was when I first played N.E.X.T., but kind of boring for me playing Twilight Guardian now.

I wanted to see what TG was like and the biggest reason new people should not play it, is because it is pretty boring. All you do is get out of your room and walk around outside among tall cliffs and then out to the open space of wasteland.

Unless you can get some more complex goals going, it is kinda drab.

I always liked this game because of the CITY atmosphere, you know like Blade Runner.

proboly the best faction for the "Tough Guys" is Black Dragon.

ezza
31-03-04, 01:12
well back in the day i loved the canyon atmosphere, i had my crahn hybrid, who would head there and hang with the guys from MiG like Vila, Jewish, Presuming Ed, Ryleck and the rest, was fun, and made the canyon a fun place to hang in, and i dont recall ever seeing much FA there so it was never and issue of getting ganked while hanging there.

on saturn at least its just not the same anymore for me since the old days, always enjoyed just hanging there messing around, was why it took me so long to cap my monk originally, cos i would just stand around chatting:lol:

they were happy days for me:(

BD really need a hang out area before i could say they have the same comunity feel to them, CRP is proberbly it atm, always some BDs around to have a mess about with or a chat.

that was one thing that i liked about TG compared to when i was a merc, TG left like you could hang there, but still get raided, but CM doesnt have an area where mercs could just hang.

TG always had people in the canyon cos it was decent to hang there, mercs never had that, they missed out on some fun there.

dunno about FA since never been in there really.

as for the city itself, i used to love it walking though hearing the announcements etc, kinda lost its charm to me tbh, except PP where i likes to hang in PP2 or PP3

XSuneX
31-03-04, 01:26
Yes I agree.

I guess it would be less boring if I was hangin with some friends.

Now I realize why I like tghe city. Because there are always peaple chatting and hangin. And I feel better when I'm around them. Even if I'm not in the convo.

You just don't get sexed anyware else like you do in Plaza sec2 & sec1. :)

plague
31-03-04, 01:53
Yep NC just doesnt feel as it used to, now evryone is so hostile i hardly c anybody in canyons, as a matter a fact i hardly ever c ppl just hang out and talk f*** around anymore.:(
I think its becouse of all pkers u cant realy hang out anywhere but safe zone with out risk to er health... Dunno if pluto is better but am about to start play there saturn is just too boring and all factions r messed up :P

Heavyporker
31-03-04, 07:28
What the fuck?

Aren't BD KoS to TG Guards?

And Don't the CMs have their very own base, a massive fortified bunker, to "hang out" as you so prettily put it?

And TG was never about some " city " feel. It's about freedom, about throwing off oppression. They got their asses kicked, why do you think they're digging little holes into canyon walls?

Don't get me wrong, the Canyon is gorgeous as fuck. There's nothing quite like coming into the canyon and looking up, that stark cloudless blue in the middle of such gorgeous rusty sandstone walls, almost blood-red. There's nothing like standing in the center of the Canyon, high up near the top, and looking out as the sun goes down... the reddening sky makes me think the canyon is getting taller, all that red merging and extending up...

But I don't think this thread has it all together in the head.

Kenjuten
31-03-04, 08:00

Sometimes the ones who yell 'insane' aren't really yelling at their targets.

On a less cryptic note, the original thread poster felt TG being in the vincinity of DoY would be good because the cities in NC are apparently the best places to hang out (By popular vote of course...just check into Plaza 1, and especially think about how the location has been for over 18 months and counting)

Then the thread had a sort of revelation, that it was the people that made the city fun.

ezza
31-03-04, 12:03
Originally posted by Heavyporker
What the fuck?

Aren't BD KoS to TG Guards?

And Don't the CMs have their very own base, a massive fortified bunker, to "hang out" as you so prettily put it?

And TG was never about some " city " feel. It's about freedom, about throwing off oppression. They got their asses kicked, why do you think they're digging little holes into canyon walls?

Don't get me wrong, the Canyon is gorgeous as fuck. There's nothing quite like coming into the canyon and looking up, that stark cloudless blue in the middle of such gorgeous rusty sandstone walls, almost blood-red. There's nothing like standing in the center of the Canyon, high up near the top, and looking out as the sun goes down... the reddening sky makes me think the canyon is getting taller, all that red merging and extending up...

But I don't think this thread has it all together in the head.

yes BD are hostile, your point is?

yes they have a base, but there is no nice area where can as i so prettily:rolleyes: put it

no ones asking for the city feel in the canyon

maybe you aint got it all togeather in your head

Devils Grace
31-03-04, 13:29
Originally posted by ezza

maybe you aint got it all togeather in your head

yea dude

try and hit twice with ur head in ur monitor, maybe it will solve ur problems:p

numb
31-03-04, 14:38
It really was good in the canyon back in the days that ezza was referring to. I spent the majority of my time hanging around there with friends.

Pkers were not such an issue, because of the way the canyon is designed, an intruder would need to walk from the lower levels in order to get some PK action. Normally they'd be spotted straight away, and everyone in TG would be on them. - and the people/clans in TG tended to work together well, because TG was not as huge as it became once everyone wanted to join it, for one reason or the other (and I believe this was before the gr-lock rules).

I personally preferred it originally because I had grown tired of the city, and TG canyon offered something new. Something that was more to my taste. I think I prefer things slightly quieter anyway, that is probably why I play pluto now.