PDA

View Full Version : Filter Heart 2 Drops

Whitestuff
31-03-04, 00:18
Are they broken? I have been killing Terror Leapers for 3 weeks now, still no sign of one.

And if terror leapers are the wrong thing to kill ( / rant From an RP standpoint, killing monsters to get implant drops and crap is really lame and makes no sense at all, why can't we just pay a lot of money in game for them at a shop ffs /rant) PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO KILL 1000 OF TO GET ONE TO DROP.

Thank you, /frustration_off.

Glok
31-03-04, 00:22
That's why some people pay millions for them. They do drop though.

retr0n
31-03-04, 00:24
I have never got one of those, and i kill every leaper i see, and i
spend alot of time around cycrow areas aswell, but a friend got
3 of them in 1 week while he was leveling up his apu, it's sick!!

DonnyJepp
31-03-04, 00:24
I know someone that got one about a week ago from a Terror Leaper but I have been playing for over a year and never ever seen one personally.

Same time frame I have picked up probably 50 exp heart 2 drops...

:rolleyes:

Oath
31-03-04, 00:27
Originally posted by Glok
That's why some people pay millions for them. They do drop though.

you forgot to say, eventually.

Or rarely.......

omg a real rare :D :lol:

The drop rate is a pain in the arse.

I had one in almost 2 years of playing..........and i had to haxxor that one :D *from a belt i may add*

Whitestuff
31-03-04, 00:30
This is funny. We are kinda spoiled by the *rares* in this game. We actually have one, and I get upset over it..... eh...

Oh and not just millions of NC, check eBay...... I am so totally thinking about that buy it now option....

EDIT: Thanks, link changed.

Oath
31-03-04, 00:33
Originally posted by WhiteKrAkRBOi
This is funny. We are kinda spoiled by the *rares* in this game. We actually have one, and I get upset over it..... eh...

Oh and not just millions of NC, check Ebay link

Dude the sale has not finished yet, please edit the link lest you invoke the wrath of the niddyhammer.

Anyway the drop rate on FH2's is fucked and has been for a while, its not worth the money imho, a filter heart 1 gives 'almost' the same stats, and reduce's less, but i deffo would NOT consider buying any items for cron on Ebay, just doesnt seem right :D

StryfeX
31-03-04, 01:13
To have a relatively low TL item like the Filter Heart 2 drop from only like 3 different mobs of fairly high rank is just asinine. They really should sort ALL the drops out, but unfortunately I have little hope of that happenning, as it took them a hell of a long time just to get launcher cyclops and other mutant drops fixed.

--Stryfe

Omnituens
31-03-04, 01:45
there are 4 mobs that are ingame that drop it.. the other doesnt spawn anymore.

plague
31-03-04, 02:10
I got like 5 of them and leapers dont drop it terror raptor does :cool:

Omnituens
31-03-04, 02:27
ive got lvl 2 imps from leapers before, therefore they drop the FH2

Invertigo
31-03-04, 04:18
i think terror raptors are the ones that drop them... there are less raptors than leapers, and its still shitty drop rate..

ive nevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvver got one from any leaper/raptor that ive seen, and i kill all that i see just to take the chance on getting it...

i just stick with filter 1 lol

Lanigav
31-03-04, 04:54
I don't see why the drop should be so ridiculously low considering that the benefits it gives are hardly anything that special.

Kenjuten
31-03-04, 04:55
It's the heart that gives the best con subskill potential, since Endurance apparently sucks =P

Although I do agree that it should drop a bit more often....so rare, and yet when it finally goes 0%/0% condition wrecked, you're kinda fucked and have to take a FH1. The loss of such an item though is the main blues. :(

PC_LOAD_LETTER
31-03-04, 05:06
I got one, though it wasn't from a leaper, it was from a decayed horror ;)

Kenjuten
31-03-04, 06:19
Hm..

So FH2s drop from Terror Leapers, Terror Raptors, and Decayed Horrors.

Anyone else got any other testimonies?

Biznatchy
31-03-04, 06:45
After over a year I saw one drop from a Terror leaper. I spent alot of time around syncon capped my tank up there. This was just last week.

naimex
31-03-04, 08:29
Originally posted by Kenjuten
Hm..

So FH2s drop from Terror Leapers, Terror Raptors, and Decayed Horrors.

Anyone else got any other testimonies?

that sounds about right..

Iīve seen 2 of them drop..

was out hunting with a mate both times.

he got both ^^

anyways they arenīt that good..

But as said previously...

A REAL RARE I actually wish all parts dropped almost as rare as it does.

jernau
31-03-04, 08:35
Originally posted by Omnituens
there are 4 mobs that are ingame that drop it.. the other doesnt spawn anymore.

I've personally had them drop from Terror Leapers and Terror Raptors (not from either for ages though). I've never seen one from a Horror but that doesn't mean much I guess.

I know a fourth mob that does but haven't had one from it myself.

Which one no longer spawns?

naimex
31-03-04, 08:37
Originally posted by jernau
I've personally had them drop from Terror Leapers and Terror Raptors (not from either for ages though). I've never seen one from a Horror but that doesn't mean much I guess.

I know a fourth mob that does but haven't had one from it myself.

Which one no longer spawns?

^^ You have to be thinking Beta then..

All mobs that spawned in 146 certainly still spawns....

jernau
31-03-04, 08:40
Originally posted by naimex
^^ You have to be thinking Beta then..

All mobs that spawned in 146 certainly still spawns....

That's pretty much what I thought. Only non-spawners since retail I can think of are Larents and Kamis.

There are a few I haven't seen in forever though - the big sandworms for instance.

ino
31-03-04, 08:41
that implant is a BIATCH to find.

Never ever since retail started have I've had a filter heart 2 drop, and thats on pluto, saturn and uranus, and I've killed LOTS of them leapers and raptors (terror that is) who should be dropping the imp.

So yeah you could say it's kinda rare or non existant drop on them.

But it can also be that the filter heart 2 imp hates some players, cause I have 2 friends in the clan that I've played with on all the servers that have found at least 2 on each server. Thrusting my pelvis in the general direction of wierdness!.

naimex
31-03-04, 08:43
That's pretty much what I thought. Only non-spawners since retail I can think of are Larents and Kamis.

There are a few I haven't seen in forever though - the big sandworms for instance.

Small Sandcrawler
Sandcrawler
Hazzard Worm

??

They are all over the North Eastern Desert..mostly at Escador..

But they are like... rank 66 or so..

They drop crap..

Never ever gotten anything except junk from them.

~Drav~
31-03-04, 08:48
hazard worms drop them still ;)

ino
31-03-04, 08:49
I think jernau is talking about the bigass sandworms that where underground in the beginning of retail, I think I heard about them in beta 4 aswell. I have never seen them, was to low lvl to ever find them before they got taken out. But I remeber ppl warning about them or something like that.

~Drav~
31-03-04, 08:51
Originally posted by ino
I think jernau is talking about the bigass sandworms that where underground in the beginning of retail, I think I heard about them in beta 4 aswell. I have never seen them, was to low lvl to ever find them before they got taken out. But I remeber ppl warning about them or something like that.

yeh there was a huge one that was a spawner but the ai was bugged, once near death it went underground.... and... well.... stayed there lol.....

jernau
31-03-04, 08:52
Small Sandcrawler
Sandcrawler
Hazzard Worm

Big sandcrawler
Small Sandworm
Sandworm
Big Sandworm

/edit - yeah them. :)

naimex
31-03-04, 08:54
Originally posted by ino

That could be very possible.. I didnīt join the game until a few patches into retail..

Originally posted by ~Drav~
hazard worms drop them still ;)

^^ Now youīre just joking..

I hardly even get a rare part from a 120/120 mob..

Which would be excellent..actual rares..

IF IT WAS FOR ALL RUNNERS !! But when thereīs so few that donīt get shit for killing the biggest and then some random person comes by and gets 4 rare parts in 1 kill.

Anyways.. Terror Leapers are the most likely to drop FH2 imoe that is.

Anyways.. Thereīs patch notes on testie that says regants muties will be dropping lvl 2 shite..

meaning lvl 2 implants will actually drop again..

not that I care.. clan has bps of all but 1 of them... ^^ :p :p

EDIT :

Big sandcrawler
Small Sandworm
Sandworm
Big Sandworm

/edit - yeah them. :)

Never ever seen those ^^

Lanigav
31-03-04, 09:07
that sounds about right..

Iīve seen 2 of them drop..

was out hunting with a mate both times.

he got both ^^

anyways they arenīt that good..

But as said previously...

A REAL RARE I actually wish all parts dropped almost as rare as it does.

And then we'd have Evercamp....er Everquest. :p

amfest
31-03-04, 09:44
reading this sorta makes me sad cause the other day as i've said in another post I got one off a terror raptor and I was like great!! driving my trike around I start blasting into a grim chaser only a ppu leads another one up behind me . and well I die .. . So i'm stuck at the GR cause I had too much stuff in my INV due to the ammo I was overloaded .. so i drop some ammo and drop some cloneable junk items and run outside get on my trike and kill the chasers .. drop off trike head to p2 and get poked .. go back to TG so i can runoutside and get my trike but I can't take one of my drugs . i'm like damn. i'm bugged so I log off. Only i get called away from the PC and don't come back till later. I log on and notice . hey! my inq 1 vest is gone so i look through my INV and i'm like .damn was bugged so must of dropped it on ground thinking it was junk . then i notice . . (you guessed it) no FH2. :(

hinch
31-03-04, 09:51
fenix got one on jupi the other day from a haz worm of all things

Nightbrother
31-03-04, 11:28
Hazard worms are 80/80 if I remember correctly, and one always spawns just 50 meters southeast of the GR in the zone west of the graves, is that Tescom Uplink op I'm thinking of? Anyway, there's mostly always a Hazard Worm there. It drops lvl 2 implants, but no rare parts, I think. Well, have never found one on them. :)

I remember back in late 2002 when Haz Worms were one of the best xp machines around, cause it would spawn smaller 66/66 worms. Sometimes all you had to do to make it spawn smaller worms, was to heal it. Apparently that pissed it off. :D

ezza
31-03-04, 12:19
got my filter 2 at the begining of retail, killed thousands upon thousands of mobs since then and not come across another one.

i dont mind the filter2 being rare so much as its not as if its is integral to your setup, its nice to have but not something you would hinge your setup on

Edit: lol ya i remember farming off the worms cos there posion damage sucked and they didnt have any armour so were easy to kill :lol:

there still not bad to farm off if you can take the poison hits and ya they are 80/80 spawning 66/66 sandcrawlers

edit: omg that was 2002:eek: time flys

Omnituens
31-03-04, 15:04
the other mob i was refering to was the Spider cuccoon, which i think didnt make it into retail.

the drops are from

Hazard Worms
Terror Leapers
Terror Raptors
and the other one...

hinch
31-03-04, 15:08
i got one out of a hoverbot once i think

winnoc
31-03-04, 15:22
Got a FH 1 last night from a cyclops launcher while i was leveling my HC tank up.
Lucky me i was keeping implants to sell otherwise i would've chucked it out with the rest of the loot :-)

Nightbrother
31-03-04, 15:24
FH1's aren't that hard to find actually. I've found more than 20 of them, since mobs started dropping them 4-5 months ago or so. :)

Butchees/Hurlers drop them also sometimes.

Scikar
31-03-04, 15:24
FH1's are BPable anyway. :p

Kenjuten
31-03-04, 15:42
Originally posted by Omnituens
the other mob i was refering to was the Spider cuccoon, which i think didnt make it into retail.

the drops are from

Hazard Worms
Terror Leapers
Terror Raptors
and the other one...

Decayed Horrors?