PDA

View Full Version : Spy change

Crackitakk
30-03-04, 22:58
i got this idea like 5 minutes ago....alritey, immagine if spys had 20 less strength and 20 more dex, and 20 less psi and 20 more int? then they should make dex based armor, bones and healing device or sumthing, actually i wouldnt care about healing device if they made dex based armor...ppus have psi based armor... why cant we get dex based... would be like this:

int: 120
con: 40
str: 20
dex:120
psi: 0

i think it would be sick, howbout u? would make higher level pistols and rifles for spys and raise the tl of stealth tools and if there were a dex based healing tool it could use a combination of skill and a sort of ammo...and theres different tools, there could be like...ppu spys with super high healing...but...they would have to find a way to balance that or else it would be rediculous, hybrid spys would own

Goa'uld
30-03-04, 23:19
Why should spys get 120 base Dex and Int,

What about the other classes?

Don't forget spys get range....

All we need now are uber spys.... :rolleyes:

--- Heh, what good would ppus be with spys useing high level heals? ---

Sorry but no way :rolleyes:

naimex
30-03-04, 23:27
sorry mate..

they ainīt gonna raise cap above 100.

and there are too many ifīs why notīs in it for them to bother with.

The simplest ideas requiring the least amount of changes has the highest propability of getting actually done.

~Drav~
30-03-04, 23:28
LOL

craki.... you know just how much XP its likely to require to go from base 100 to base 120... prolly another 400million or so... just for those last 20...

Possessed
30-03-04, 23:29
This would be a spy nerf not a spy boost.

naimex
30-03-04, 23:33
ive just changed the general.ini in the skillmanager to fit this "new" skill divition into the spy..

gonna try to make a viable setup here.

...This is just about the best I can make of a Rifle Spy with your attributes..

http://www.naimex.dk/spy-att.jpg

plague
30-03-04, 23:54
hehe I dont like the idea of raising dex and int cap, but dex based armor would be pretty good since spy cant use any diesent armor without druging like crackhead.:o

Biznatchy
30-03-04, 23:57
Originally posted by plague
without druging like crackhead.:o

Whats wrong with crackheads some of the followers of cracky are ok.

No the slasher with stealth is enough no more toys for spies.

plague
31-03-04, 00:08
Originally posted by Biznatchy
Whats wrong with crackheads some of the followers of cracky are ok.

No nothing wrong with crackys, but druging like one is not cool atleast not for me hate getting flashes when i lvl or somthing, or in the middle of long fight :eek: er fooked when teh drugs runout.

Aziraphale
31-03-04, 00:19
Since spies can already cap the weapons available to them, there is no need for added Dex, except for a bit mroe agility or whatever. Only Hybrids would really have anything to gain here.
More int? not really nessesary either, certainly not as useful as those handy Psi points.

And no, don't lower the Str cap of spies, we're weedy enough as it is, force would kick the shit out of us if we had any less. And what with our low const cap we would be totally gimped resist wise.

And then there would be all the balancing issues...*shudders*

Besides, Spies are supposed to be very intelligent, it makes sense that they have SOME psi skill. Certainly more than tanks.

Oath
31-03-04, 00:29
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ONEONEOEnoene

Me no likey me no likey at all.

Spys are ubar no need to 'boost' (read nerf) them, lets remember that until dex based armor that spys still rely on their 'average' strength for armour.

The armour was for omni, not armor as i normally say :D

There Omni you rubbed off on me O_o

Crackitakk
31-03-04, 02:30
haha lol, im an idiot sorry i ever brought it up....but i still completely think dex armor and bones should be implemented, would kickass....heal tool would kinda suck actually

Aziraphale
31-03-04, 09:18
Originally posted by Crackitakk
haha lol, im an idiot sorry i ever brought it up....but i still completely think dex armor and bones should be implemented, would kickass....heal tool would kinda suck actually

I dunno, some kind of 'autodoc' or something which mends broken limbs would be lovely for spies.

Garg [RogueNET]
31-03-04, 09:20
removing PSI???????? that will just make Spy's even more pwned and laughed at for being weak

Gohei
31-03-04, 09:25
Reaching 120 INT/DEX would be a real pain. So i cant say that it's a good idea.

Spys is the one class thats ok atm. Rifle spys could use some sort of boost tho.

ZoomZoom
31-03-04, 09:28
just give spys 30 base psi :o and let spys use fire armour 1 at str 40

jernau
31-03-04, 10:01
Originally posted by ~Drav~
LOL

craki.... you know just how much XP its likely to require to go from base 100 to base 120... prolly another 400million or so... just for those last 20...

More like an extra BILLION, well just under but not by much.

I say NO!!!!

There are plenty of other reasons why not but that one is plenty.

Scikar
31-03-04, 10:25
20 levels is multiplying your XP by a factor of roughly 2^3 = 8x your XP. In other words, going from roughly 150 million XP to roughly 1200 million XP, or 1.2 billion XP if you go by the US definition of a billion.

jernau
31-03-04, 10:29
Originally posted by Scikar
20 levels is multiplying your XP by a factor of roughly 2^3 = 8x your XP. In other words, going from roughly 150 million XP to roughly 1200 million XP, or 1.2 billion XP if you go by the US definition of a billion.

Yeah, I meant silly US Billions. I think we have to consider that one a lost cause.

Scikar
31-03-04, 10:31
Yeah, just like truth and beauty quarks. :(

Birkoff
31-03-04, 10:46
I don't see a problem with spies :S

Might lom to pistols from rifles but iwas drones 17 days ago... i like a change.

Serpent
31-03-04, 11:02
rofl, without drugs, a spy is a roach :p

sorry, but that is ........ horrible Oo

Oath
31-03-04, 13:43
Originally posted by ZoomZoom
just give spys 30 base psi :o and let spys use fire armour 1 at str 40

I dont agree, a spy has to 'gimp' to reach good defense, and i like it like that, unlike a PE a spy has to sacrifice some of his 'offence' to gain defence. exactly as it should be in a balanced world.

Aziraphale
31-03-04, 16:26
I think Dex based armour should work in a different way to normal armour.
Like weapons, the greater Dex skill you have, the more efficient it will work. Since spy armour is more likely to be about dodging, deflecting or 'rolling' into punches etc, rather than just shock absorbtion and having 3 inch thick steel all over.

Possibly the Agility could play a part in it too.

Netphreak
01-04-04, 05:05
And of course the simple idea would be to lower INT -10 and +5 STR and +5 PSI.
Would help a long way to sortting out a spy.
But what would i know i can bearly play of Lag'nus atm. o_O

Crackitakk
01-04-04, 14:03
nah...spys are fine rite where they are imo....they just take a little more finess than a tank, wich is what i like about them

Jesterthegreat
01-04-04, 14:08
Originally posted by plague
hehe I dont like the idea of raising dex and int cap, but dex based armor would be pretty good since spy cant use any diesent armor without druging like crackhead.:o

i dont like the idea personally...

however the 20 extra dex would allow for the 3 str imps for inq 1 and still leave over 100 dex... no drugs needed

warngau
01-04-04, 14:43
duranit armor should be dex based imho

Crackitakk
02-04-04, 06:43
how bout dex based armor that adds insane agil and ath.....ive found that the best defence as a pistol spy is speed...i try to not get shot

jernau
02-04-04, 06:57
Originally posted by Crackitakk
how bout dex based armor that adds insane agil and ath.....ive found that the best defence as a pistol spy is speed...i try to not get shot

DEX based bones would be great and make a lot more sense IMO.

SpawnTDK
02-04-04, 09:02
i dont like that idea :p

jernau
02-04-04, 11:49
Originally posted by SpawnTDK
i dont like that idea :p

Which one?

mdares
02-04-04, 11:56
i always thought bones shoulda been dex req not str (otehr than the bq ofcourse)

SpawnTDK
02-04-04, 12:06
Originally posted by jernau
Which one?

threadstart ...