PDA

View Full Version : [BrainPort] Intel Helmet + Beer Ideas

Genty
30-03-04, 20:37
Intel Helmet

Note: Only for use if Stealth is taken off PE's, i.e. their replacement "toy"

Note 2: I have no idea if the engine can support this

REQ: 60 Int, 60 STR

Basically it is a helmet that enables the user to have several different views of the world. Each different view is activated like mods, via the number pad keys.

1. Enhanced Mode - Enables the extension of the clipping distance (possible that it could draw attention to moving enemies/mobs also)
2. Night Vision - Enhances vision during night
3. Infared Mode - Can locate Steathed runners although can not open fire until stealth is broke.

Just rough ideas.....

Would give some pritty decent resists to energy + xray but as it is large would take off some ATL or AGL. Would add small amount to intelligence.

-------------------------------------------------------

Beers

In my opinion different beers should give different effects.

An example would be that one would enhance someones barter skill, reasoning being that it improves confidence.

Other possible effects could be negative effects to driving or whatever crap you can think of with good reasoning.

The effects would only last a short time but it would be nice to give people more reason to use the different variety of drinks that are available in the game and not just the drugs :D

Improve, discuss or rip apart, I ain't bothered, just recording some ideas down for all to see :D

Omnituens
30-03-04, 21:21
Originally posted by Genty

1. Enhanced Mode - Enables the extension of the clipping distance (possible that it could draw attention to moving enemies/mobs also)
3. Infared Mode - Can locate Steathed runners although can not open fire until stealth is broke.

1. Cant be done, would be overpowered
2. Not needed
3. Overpowered

i say no to this.

Beer ideas are cool though :lol:

Dribble Joy
30-03-04, 21:25
I'm not giving up the significant defence I gain from my inq2 helmet for summat like that.

alig
30-03-04, 21:26
1. The game is already maxed out, this is it.

2. Turn brightness up

3. Mess with your gfx card settings..it can work because i used to be able to see and shoot stealthed people and had no idea that i was because i dont know what i cant see. In the end i reinstalled and it fixed it unfortunately :mad: but i saw someone else do it and he said that he messed with his gfx settings (out of game of course, ingame ones are pretty simple!)

Cytaur
30-03-04, 21:32
he means in night vision as a better fog distance during night

Genty
30-03-04, 22:18
Ok, the helmet idea is clearly not viable...i expected that but it was just a dream anyway.

How about comments on the beer idea and ways to develop that.

Chimera
31-03-04, 02:09
perhaps if you drink enough you start telling everyone your con setup in local chat....maybe even your apartment location and password...

Omnituens
31-03-04, 02:49
lol that would be funny

"Hic i got 150 endurance really!!!"

Jest
31-03-04, 02:50
Would be cool if beer made your screen go fuzzy but it increased your drive speed a lot. :eek:

Kal
31-03-04, 03:34
beer me i say

also jests idea looks good

naimex
31-03-04, 08:39
Originally posted by Genty
Intel Helmet

Note: Only for use if Stealth is taken off PE's, i.e. their replacement "toy"

Note 2: I have no idea if the engine can support this

REQ: 60 Int, 60 STR

Basically it is a helmet that enables the user to have several different views of the world. Each different view is activated like mods, via the number pad keys.

Just rough ideas.....

Would give some pritty decent resists to energy + xray but as it is large would take off some ATL or AGL. Would add small amount to intelligence.

Beers

In my opinion different beers should give different effects.

An example would be that one would enhance someones barter skill, reasoning being that it improves confidence.

Other possible effects could be negative effects to driving or whatever crap you can think of with good reasoning.

The effects would only last a short time but it would be nice to give people more reason to use the different variety of drinks that are available in the game and not just the drugs :D

Improve, discuss or rip apart, I ain't bothered, just recording some ideas down for all to see :D

You mean "Predator mode"

It would be useless..

Originally posted by Cytaur
he means in night vision as a better fog distance during night

Not needed.. if you tweak your F11 settings. you can see a million miles.

however you lose some 30-40 fps...

Dissenter
31-03-04, 09:41
Beers all have the same effect in real life - they get you pissed.

Simple, yet effective.

~Drav~
31-03-04, 10:24
Originally posted by Dissenter
Beers all have the same effect in real life - they get you pissed.

Simple, yet effective.

Kaliber dont :D