PDA

View Full Version : Factionless / Paladin

BaDDaSS
30-03-04, 18:41
Is anyone out there a Paladin?

Havn't seen any around tbh :o

Hippieman
30-03-04, 18:41
Hasn't been any around cause half the epics are nothin' but those temporary epics

BaDDaSS
30-03-04, 18:43
When you're a paladin, do the Guards react to your sympathies?

i.e. would a CA guard shoot you if you have -99 sympathy, and a FA turret leave you alone with 20 sympathy.

Or is Paladin imune to all guards?

Hippieman
30-03-04, 18:45
First of all, those ShityAdmin guards cant shoot worth a damn and chicken out all the time, except those Medicare GR guards. Second, Hell if I know, pretty sure you just get a pretty little tag.

Dribble Joy
30-03-04, 18:46
Faction symp means fuck allatm.
Even with 100 CA symp as a TG, CA guards would shoot you.

-Demon-
30-03-04, 18:48
Well what I've heard from the descriptions on here it's mearly a title over your head alot like the Master title after you complete the epic.

Kenjuten
30-03-04, 18:57
I'm not interested in causing rumors, but apparently from what i remember in the past there was talk about being a Paladin was linked to your 6th (invisible) stat while having completed all the epics.

Of course, as people above have said, it is currently technically impossible at the moment for one to be a Paladin because many of the epics are actually placeholders and temporary.

Aziraphale
30-03-04, 18:58
What the dickins is a paladin?

Kenjuten
30-03-04, 19:07
A Paladin is someone who is honored as a pacifist by having connections with all the important factions by completing all epics and proclaimed a Master in all faction standings.

What benefits you gain for being one however is unknown to me. Aside from the recognition and having all the epic rewards anyway. :)

As said above though, it seems to be currently impossible. DoY will probably open the doors for Paladins to be possible. However, it can be just as likely that KK may trash this concept, so.

Seven
30-03-04, 19:14
Paladin = worthless timesink

Kenjuten
30-03-04, 19:16
It's also a currently BROKEN timesink, like I said. :p

(Edit) More directly on topic:

Badass, your thread title also mentions Factionless...

There was a period of time (actually, I'm unsure if it still exists) that you could get booted from a faction and become factionless.

Once you became factionless however, you couldn't attack any monsters and such properly, because being factionless meant you were actually with them...

Argent
30-03-04, 19:21
Originally posted by Seven
Paladin = worthless timesink

Paladin = Playing game for fun.

mishkin
30-03-04, 19:23
Oh, well... while the epics are still temporary, but they give master status, shouldnt it be possible to become a paladin with the temp epics? o_O

Just wondering... Anyway, I have one more epic to do on my spy, so if I did that, Id know :p

Kenjuten
30-03-04, 19:25
I dunno man...go find out for us and report back, eh? :angel:

Good Luck.

Dribble Joy
30-03-04, 19:27
QD was a 'paladin', he didn't get anything for it.

Spex
30-03-04, 19:33
I dunno but I feel this whole Paladin "business" is not fully implemented yet like the anticity-faction epics.

Marx
30-03-04, 19:46
To be honest, a 'paladin' should be hated by all since to be a paladin one would have to betray other factions they've been in.

jiga
30-03-04, 19:46
i remember getting kicked from my faction when i did a gr kill. it might have been because my FS was too low or my sl was low

Kenjuten
30-03-04, 20:19
Yeah, I knew QD was a Paladin....just didn't feel like mentioning it.

The dude is 1 epic away from being a Paladin, he might as well do it, yaknow? ;)

Marx, I kind of agree with you...heh

It's just, the term Paladin means a lot.

Now, Dark Paladin might be more to what you're talking about, Marx.

Having connections with all of the factions at the cost of being a known traitor and thus the connections are very weak compared to someone that's loyal to their faction.

INFERNO22
30-03-04, 20:31
paladin is B U double L shit

* laughs at everyone*:lol:

Kenjuten
30-03-04, 20:40
Erm...I think that was established a long while ago, Inferno. O_o

Your +1 post however is 'appreciated'. ;)

Jest
30-03-04, 20:40
Yah one of the GMs said they never implemented the paladin in the whole "hidden stat" thread a while back. So there arent any. :p

vinceroix
30-03-04, 20:58
I have to say that the bit about 'showing sympathy for all factions and being a peacemaker by completing all epics'...

From what I'm told, a lot of epics require you to go out and kill a fellow player of a specific enemy faction...

Perhaps 'Champion' is a better title...

Paladin should equal someone who has their LE in and... well, is it even possible to keep your LE in and do epics?

Migraine

'Absolutely correct yet totally useless...' - Mr. Migraine, talking about theoretical mathematicians, Microsoft tech support, and his best friend

Kenjuten
30-03-04, 21:22
I'm unsure if it's possible..I'll look later.

As for the double standard you mentioned, that's why I prefer the term 'Dark Paladin'.

Dribble Joy
30-03-04, 21:26
Gaining 75 + in all faction symps (assuming fac symp is fixed and is relevant) should get you the paladin title.

Aziraphale
30-03-04, 21:49
Originally posted by Kenjuten
A Paladin is someone who is honored as a pacifist by having connections with all the important factions by completing all epics and proclaimed a Master in all faction standings.

A pacifist? For completing the epics? Which involve lots of killing and violence?

o_O

Hippieman
30-03-04, 21:54
Originally posted by Aziraphale
A pacifist? For completing the epics? Which involve lots of killing and violence?

o_O

You forgot to add in KK's logic! If you do so, it all makes sense!

Shadow Dancer
30-03-04, 21:54
lol, more like Dark Knight.

Seven
31-03-04, 00:07
Originally posted by Argent
Paladin = Playing game for fun.

I'll agree with half of that, games are 'supposed' to be fun. :p

cRazy2003
31-03-04, 01:31
im a paladin atm, on pluto ive done every epic available and now ive settled into CM, and spyocron :p
u dont get anything out of it, its just uber and all the *E's next to the factions looks kool :p

ezza
31-03-04, 01:38
dunno how you done the anti city epics over and over, i done all thepro city the CM and the BD epic, damned if im doing the rest until its the proper epic

Kal
31-03-04, 02:25
i heard you can get the title but you gotta put in a help request to a GM and have them give it to you

Superbron
31-03-04, 08:39
It would be nice if a paladin could set it's own faction-relations. For example: allied to City Admin and Twilight Guardian, neutral to Black Dragon and NEXT and hostile to all others. In this way a paladin is able to be a real mercenary.

Greetz

Argent
31-03-04, 10:44
Originally posted by Seven
I'll agree with half of that, games are 'supposed' to be fun. :p

Ha ha.

If one enjoys doing epics then it's fun. Apart from the faction symp gathering for every faction change, which is plain lame.

yavimaya
31-03-04, 16:13
Mmmm Paladin really isnt a good name for it, since "paladins" - not they have ever actually existed ( or ever will ) - by all literal sense in other games are "healer knights" soo err they would be melee tanks with uber PPU powers. otherwise theres no way that title could ever make any sense :P

Also, to the guy that said something about not being able to hunt properly as factionless? ..... i have a Melee tank on saturn whom has been factionless for over a year now, waiting to go anarchy breed ( which better fucking well still exist when DOY is out! ) and he has no problem hurting mobs/ getting hurt by mobs... dont understand what you meant??

if you meant he would have trouble going places?? nah everyone trusts him cos he isnt an "enemy faction" :P

BaDDaSS
31-03-04, 17:56
Originally posted by yavimaya
Mmmm Paladin really isnt a good name for it, since "paladins" - not they have ever actually existed ( or ever will ) - by all literal sense in other games are "healer knights" soo err they would be melee tanks with uber PPU powers. otherwise theres no way that title could ever make any sense :P

Also, to the guy that said something about not being able to hunt properly as factionless? ..... i have a Melee tank on saturn whom has been factionless for over a year now, waiting to go anarchy breed ( which better fucking well still exist when DOY is out! ) and he has no problem hurting mobs/ getting hurt by mobs... dont understand what you meant??

if you meant he would have trouble going places?? nah everyone trusts him cos he isnt an "enemy faction" :P

and how do you become factionless?

amfest
31-03-04, 18:06
and how do you become factionless?

I believe when you drop your factions symp too long (like killing your own faction members) then you get kicked out

Kenjuten
31-03-04, 21:47
@ Yavimaya: mm, well, perhaps the way you became factionless is different than the weird bug that happened a few months ago, which was the one I was referring to.

What I meant by the mobs thing is, it was reported with the becoming-factionless bug that occured sometime ago that if you were factionless you'd lose SL by killing mobs.

AH well, have fun then if nothing's bothering ya. =)

P.S. Yavimaya, PM me how you became factionless. I want to check that out. I'm considering it on at least one of my chars for RP reasons...

yavimaya
01-04-04, 03:29
Ahh thats what you meant with the mobs :P
nah, you dont lose SL, you gain SL if anything like normal, which helps your cause, because then you look even friendlier to others, the only down fall is killing ANY player makes you red, and also makes you red to ALL faction guards....

Kenjuten
01-04-04, 04:15
OOH!

Yes! That's what I remember!

Sankyuu. :D

Hm..so basically factionless means unable to PvP properly.

Hm...

Random thought, it isn't possible at all to make a factionless clan (which in a way would be a new Faction entirely), now is there?

I wonder how being able to make your own faction would be like...without that Red-When-Kill-People problem. :D

Crono
01-04-04, 05:49
can a factions epic be done twice?
and if it cant, if you did a factions epic that was a generic, can it be done again when its replaced with the real one? (ive done FA's a while ago, not shure if its been replaced with a real one yet)

thanks

-Crono

jernau
01-04-04, 07:51
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
QD was a 'paladin', he didn't get anything for it.

Eh? Can you elaborate a bit :
What did he do? (all ERs?, FS>x?, both...)
Did it involve the TS or GMs?
What happened (visible title, etc)

I thought KK said it wasn't implemented so I'm confused now.

Kenjuten
01-04-04, 08:13
QD was a technical Paladin; he did 12 out of the 13 epics if I understand right. The 13th one isn't available... yet.

So no, no title or reward other than having epics done so far. Like someone said earlier, you can ATTEMPT to get the title if you ask the GMs ingame, I suppose.

jernau
01-04-04, 08:15
Originally posted by Kenjuten
QD was a technical Paladin; he did 12 out of the 13 epics if I understand right. The 13th one isn't available... yet.

So no, no title or reward other than having epics done so far. Like someone said earlier, you can ATTEMPT to get the title if you ask the GMs ingame, I suppose.

The way DJ put it implies he actually got a title.

Kenjuten
01-04-04, 08:18
*rereads*

Dunno man... when I see 'he didn't get anything for it', that tells me he didn't get anything for it..

To me the 'paladin' term was him saying QD did what was supposed to be required, but didn't earn the title.

Nightbrother
01-04-04, 08:39
Originally posted by Crono
can a factions epic be done twice?
and if it cant, if you did a factions epic that was a generic, can it be done again when its replaced with the real one? (ive done FA's a while ago, not shure if its been replaced with a real one yet)

-Crono

Yeah, all those who have done the epics that haven't been implemented yet, will be able to do them over again when the proper ones are implemented.