PDA

View Full Version : Neocron Review

MasTequila
30-03-04, 18:36
There is a new review of Neocron at a new US based website for games, www.gametruth.org, as part of a weekly look at massive multiplayer online games. Come over to read and post about this great game.

Review:
Neocron (http://gametruth.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=31)

MMOG Forum thread:
MMO Talk (http://gametruth.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=34)

MasTequila, Pluto, Droner/Spy

Maarten
30-03-04, 18:55
Why is the Anarchy Breed listed in the list of factions you can choose to join? He took the list from the (way outdated) manual?

SypH
30-03-04, 18:58
That isnt a review. From what he has wrote it's nothing more than an overview of the game, using information from manuals or websites.

Organics
Originally posted by Maarten
Why is the Anarchy Breed listed in the list of factions you can choose to join? He took the list from the (way outdated) manual?

Lol. :) "He" is the threadstarter here :) :D

Anyway, good review, I liked it. Even if some the info does seem taken from the manual as Maarten said. Creates a good image for the game, hopefully people will take note :)

Kenjuten
From what I understand, Anarchy Breed is a choosable faction on Venus...

Someone correct me if that's false. D:

and1guy
30-03-04, 19:00
Yep, costs 600k to get in and you cant make a clan.. allied to all anticity.. pretty pointless just to have "Anarchy Breed" under you name..

MasTequila
30-03-04, 20:19
Yeah a few pieces of info are outdated as I was "oldschool" and played Neocron when it first came out, when i left anarchy breed was on the faction list and I did not want to leave it out. Anyway most of that stuff is from the manual because that is the purpose of the manual to get an overview of the game. I came back 2 weeks ago to neocron as i know have money and time to play. Check back to the site again next week as i look into star wars galaxies and then after that i will be going over the beta of lineage 2 (i was in closed beta). so if you like MMOG's or games in general sign up at the forum, its bare right now but that means its a clean white piece of paper for anyone to use.

P.S. its not so much a review as a overview because i wanted reviews from people who play the MMO's and i am going to compare and contrast them so people can choose one that fits there play style.

Thanks and happy Hunting

Mastequila, Pluto, Droner/Spy

Katherine
30-03-04, 23:00
This is merely a ploy to get people to go to his website...

Nexxy
30-03-04, 23:06
Originally posted by Katherine
This is merely a ploy to get people to go to his website...

No shit...

And like that review is so not biased.

joran420
30-03-04, 23:16
hehe with 4 registered users you are gonna bring a new influx of ppl :)

heh nice write up though :)

MasTequila
31-03-04, 02:26
I did put the links and make the post so people would go to the site and read about games, I mean why else would I put them there.

Anyway I dont see how it is biased because most of it is general info and not opinion but whatever. I am merely trying to create some buzz between different MMOG players. Next week when I give a general overview of star wars galaxies ill post on their forum too so that they can see the difference between it and neocron. I mean there are no adds or anything on the site, its not making me any money. I guess I am just trying to create some community, Im not forcing you to come to my site I just want to spread around MMOG knowledge and maybe even get others in the US and the world interested in Neocron and other MMOG's. Sorry if that offends anyone.

joran420
31-03-04, 02:36
i htought it was cool man :/

Invertigo
31-03-04, 03:00
Next week: Why nc>sw:g

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

metalangel
31-03-04, 03:02
Why do we have all these people who can't write coming on the forum to pimp their misspelled, hilariously inarticulate reviews of Neocron? I mean, all publicity is a good thing, but pity the poor n00bs who show up expecting to be Anarchy Breed or go around headshotting everything.

I mean, "this MMOG may have become a powerhouse in the MMOG market"?!? So it may have be going to become something in the present past? o_O

Five sentences starting with 'now'? Jarring, overly short sentences in a conversational tone? Oh yeah.

Don't they teach kiddies English in school?

Invertigo
31-03-04, 03:05
Originally posted by metalangel
Why do we have all these people who can't write coming on the forum to pimp their misspelled, hilariously inarticulate reviews of Neocron? I mean, all publicity is a good thing, but pity the poor n00bs who show up expecting to be Anarchy Breed or go around headshotting everything.

I mean, "this MMOG may have become a powerhouse in the MMOG market"?!? So it may have be going to become something in the present past? o_O

Five sentences starting with 'now'? Jarring, overly short sentences in a conversational tone? Oh yeah.

Don't they teach kiddies English in school?

you guys need to calm down... hes just explaining games in his own view, hes not trying to write a fucking article for a gaming magazine....

really give the guy a break, whats he going to think after just taking his time to write up a review for this game and then have all the people bashing him for it?o_O

metalangel
31-03-04, 03:22
Worse than that, what would people thinking of buying the game make of it from that review?

I'm afraid he is, in a way, writing an article for a gaming magazine, albeit the online equivalent of one. Just because something is online doesn't excuse poor spelling, dodgy sentences and general lack of quality. By posting it here he is inviting all comments, good and bad.

As I said, by all means - promote the game, shout it to the world! Remember, though, you're much more convincing if you do it with a well-written piece.

XSuneX
31-03-04, 03:38
Originally posted by Nexxy
No shit...

And like that review is so not biased.

and I say Koodo's to him. We can all learn from him. :)

LiL T
31-03-04, 03:40
Well if some one can write a better one please oh please do I myself thought it was ok

XSuneX
31-03-04, 03:40
Good advertising for your website MasTequila. Keep it up.

Kudos’ to MasTequila. We can all learn from him. :)

Yes take the critics advice it is good and harsh, I know but good IMO.

I believe that people here give good advice and it is not ment to hurt you but make you better. Keep it up. At least your starting something.

Cor
31-03-04, 03:41
Not a bad review, but if you read it and never played the game, before, it paints a good picture of the game ;) He liked the people.

MasTequila
31-03-04, 06:27
Well seeing as before we had 4 people on the site I honestly was expecting this whole thing to go under the radar.

I have updated the review and in the future I will put more work into them and make sure they are right. Thanks for everyone who read it even if you don't like it. Metalangel I would like to thank you as well for pointing out everything I did wrong and in the future I will try to raise the bar.

Thanks,

metalangel
31-03-04, 14:22
Props to you, then, MasTequila, read your favourite magazines or websites and see how they right for pointers - being able to write well is an important skill and will help you get a lot of jobs (not least of all because your covering letter will be impressive) so good luck!

And Lil T, I have written one, actually:

http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=872875

P4mp3rk3
31-03-04, 16:22
metalangel, that's more of a summary really, I don't see reviews like that in game magazines either...

I do agree the original poster could brush up the text a bit, but I can imagine that if I hadn't played before, his review would give me a bit of an idea of what to suspect, so that's good :)
keep it up (y)

metalangel
31-03-04, 16:53
I didn't say it was a review, it's a summary of the game in the same way that MasTequila's piece was. Everything2 isn't as interested in opinion as it is in facts, most of the time.