PDA

View Full Version : Melee degrade rate

~Drav~
30-03-04, 12:17
to be honest, im getting sick and tired of getting my paw of bear's repaired 3 tiems a day... if a CS was to go from 120/120 down to 0/120 in around 3 hours of leveling im pretty certain thered be 50 HC Tanks on here bitching about it, so im gonna stand up for the melee tanks here.

Melee degradation rate is WAY TOO HIGH.

I understand that its high because your physically hittin ppl and mobs with it at highish ROF, however it takes 3% damage each time it says 'your active item has been damaged'...

Whats pissing me off more and more now its that I have 3 POB's and I have to get all 3 repaired daily, however as their repaired, they lose on their overall condition, meaning they last even shorter till its next repair...

Please just halve the rate of decay on all melee weapons or make them take 1% each time their damaged rather then 3% just like every other weapon takes 1% O_o

Anyways, vote please :)

Bruce
30-03-04, 12:22
Hm i think libby users would disagree with you a little bit:rolleyes:

L3m0n
30-03-04, 12:23
yeh it goes down real fast it allways has, which is ********.
but saying that because its hitting the thing your trying to kill it should degrade but not at the rate it does.

Mr_Snow
30-03-04, 12:24
Meh if anything they should up the degrade rate on other weapons so theres a boost to the economy and that you dont have weapons for months on end as other classes.

Stigmata
30-03-04, 12:37
the degredation is dependant on the RoF of the weapons i think.

weapons such as
all melee,
libby, slasher
holy lightning

which all have a very high RoF seem to degrade a helluva lot more than the others

~Drav~
30-03-04, 12:38
Originally posted by Bruce
Hm i think libby users would disagree with you a little bit:rolleyes:

Why ?

Ive got a few libby users and it is NOWHERE near as fast degrade as melee, Im getting 3 artifact 4 slot weapons repaired a DAY. my pistol spy's lib, 2 slot, has been going a few weeks without need for repair and i use it alot for WB Hunting etc...

Bruce if you had to get your main weapon repaired 3 times a day from 0%/xxx% would you be a happy chappy ?

When I used devils Grace, I had a 5 slot ultimated one, 5 slots is meant to mean slower degrade rate, After 3 weeks of use its overall condition was xx/68% heh ...

Bruce
30-03-04, 12:42
then it seems you libby users dont shoot often, if you use the libby all day it degrades at least as fast as your melee stuff.

Nightbrother
30-03-04, 12:44
It might differ from weapon to weapon, cause my speedgat (which has an insane RoF, right?) has gone from 87/120 to 38/120 in around 7-8 hours of lvl'ing, meaning probably about 400 rounds of gat cannon ammo, if not more.

It was suggested a long time ago that the degradation of weapons is tied together with its amount of slots also. Anyone have any thorough experience with this?

Garg [RogueNET]
30-03-04, 13:31
Paineaser breaks fast aswell....

ino
30-03-04, 13:48
Yes! Change the decay rate of melee weapons please.

Sure the liberator decays fast aswell, so while your at it change that too so we wont have a whine whine uff uff they got but what about us boho thread.

a 120/120 3 slot dg can if I do cave by my self or with a ppu go from as said 120/120 to 15/120 on one round some times.. sometimes it might last 2 cave runs. This is obviously cave runs where I as a melee user chopp alot but anyway its a little fast.

~Drav~
30-03-04, 13:55
Originally posted by ino
Yes! Change the decay rate of melee weapons please.

Sure the liberator decays fast aswell, so while your at it change that too so we wont have a whine whine uff uff they got but what about us boho thread.

a 120/120 3 slot dg can if I do cave by my self or with a ppu go from as said 120/120 to 15/120 on one round some times.. sometimes it might last 2 cave runs. This is obviously cave runs where I as a melee user chopp alot but anyway its a little fast.

my points exactly heh

hinch
30-03-04, 13:59
there would appear to be a bug with degrade rates anyway

im currently playing on modem only waiting for my new line to be installed.

when i have a high ping my holy heal gets an active time damaged warning everytime i cast it

as does my damage boost.

i recently trashed a completely brand new 4 slotted ultimated holy heal in under 4 hours

when i tried my apu my HL was degrading on every shot fired.

when i was on cable before however it was never this often

ezza
30-03-04, 14:09
yup reduce the degrade rate on the melee weapons its stupid

der Ed
30-03-04, 14:12
Weapon degrading must be independant of RoF.

kurai
30-03-04, 14:45
Yeah - change it.

I (as a spy) was runnng around in Pepper Park yesterday whacking people (and a PN drone o_O ) with a baseball bat and junk-knife. :D

Both were wrecked within half an hour :(

Gestra
30-03-04, 15:34
I thought melee weapons degrading faster than other weapons was too balance out the no ammo usage.

der Ed
30-03-04, 16:17
Possible. But it's still insane how fast they get damaged. And a lot of weapons with a fast rate of fire suffer the same problem.

~Drav~
30-03-04, 16:37
Originally posted by Gestra
I thought melee weapons degrading faster than other weapons was too balance out the no ammo usage.

come on.... who pay's for the majority of their ammo now anyway considering the returns you get for cloning ...