Xanga Jet
30-03-04, 09:09
I would say Anarchy Online.

Invertigo
30-03-04, 09:09
none....

Original monk
30-03-04, 09:21
neocron is unique in many ways, but i found that it leans the closest to project entropia (of all mmorpg's that is, not that i played that many, but still) :)

i play it once in a while lately, its fun and pretty similar, and free dowload (not free to play ... items ingame cost reallife cash ..)

but for the rest i see neocron as a mixture of 20 diffrent games lol :)

especially the drones are pretty unique i think :)

Patso
30-03-04, 13:57
I played Anarchy Online as the free trial and would say that is more like Everquest than Neocron.

Neocron is more like a first person shooter within a persistent world where you can roleplay and take part in more than just PvP.
As in the map doesn't reset once someone wins :rolleyes: like BF1942/UT2004 etc.

I think KK would say Neocron is unique and I have to agree for the most part!

:)

Original monk
30-03-04, 13:59
Originally posted by Patso
I played Anarchy Online as the free trial and would say that is more like Everquest than Neocron.

Neocron is more like a first person shooter within a persistent world where you can roleplay and take part in more than just PvP.
As in the map doesn't reset once someone wins :rolleyes: like BF1942/UT2004 etc.

I think KK would say Neocron is unique and I have to agree for the most part!

:)

its unique and a great game, we only have to convince the rest of the world of this fact so its a bit more crowded in neocron :)

and maybe some small game adyustments :P but first lets see what the Dome of York will bring us :)

Myrlin
30-03-04, 15:57
umm its kinda like that pre-beta game we're not allowed to talk about.

ezza
30-03-04, 16:14
Originally posted by Myrlin
umm its kinda like that pre-beta game we're not allowed to talk about. FOMK? :eek: :p :angel:

and really you can compare it to that game, beyond the slightly similar setting(i say slightly cos it aint really that much alike)plus that game dont have monks init, no magic from what i can tell, and its still supposidly RPG geared up towards, where neo has gathered the tag of FPS style online game(for good or bad)

Spex
30-03-04, 16:22
The question is, how many "generations" of MMORPGs exists so far? What are the main characteristics of a MMORPGs in a specific "generation"? Tell me this and I can tell you which generation of MMORPGs Neocron is part of.

Patso
30-03-04, 16:39
I still don't think 'the game we are not allowed to talk about' :rolleyes: is going to be similar to Neocron.

As far as I know its going to be slow paced, indoors (for the main part) and no vehicles to drive, no magic, no leveling as such. I will still check it out when it is available but its going to have to be very good to drag me away from Neocron.

The only thing in common is that gets delayed as well :p

Lets hope KK push the FPS part of Neocron as this is a huge gaming genre for PC games. I was a FPS fan before starting Neocron but now they all seem flat and in the main dull compared to the dynamic nature of Neocron.

My fingers, toes and eyes are crossed for Dome of York. I just hope it brings in more people..... 400-500 per server would be a good start,

Bl@zed
30-03-04, 16:42
you can't compare it, neocron is a unique cyberpunk FPS with about 100 times more bugs erm excuse me...FEATURES, than any other online game O_o :lol: :angel:

Original monk
30-03-04, 16:42
Originally posted by ezza
where neo has gathered the tag of FPS style online game(for good or bad)

on saturn it has that tag :P

and ya cant compare neocron to pre-beta games :) who knows what will change in the pre-beta games ...

untill now its still: neo > all mmorpg's ...

L3m0n
30-03-04, 16:46
Originally posted by Bl@zed
you can't compare it, neocron is a unique cyberpunk FPS with about 100 times more bugs erm excuse me...FEATURES, than any other online game O_o :lol: :angel:
:rolleyes: yeh that sounds about right :(

Inchenzo
30-03-04, 19:58
Originally posted by Original monk
on saturn it has that tag :P

and ya cant compare neocron to pre-beta games :) who knows what will change in the pre-beta games ...

untill now its still: neo > all mmorpg's ...

I concur my dear mr. monk

t0tt3
30-03-04, 23:44
I would say project entropia.
More skills and other things to bad you need to put in a fortune to get ahead on it :)

naimex
30-03-04, 23:46
There is no other MMORPG like neocron..

and if there is.. they copied neocron....