View Full Version : Pluto, server situation.

Birkoff
30-03-04, 02:31
A meeting was held last night in Ivory's apartment, it lasted around 2.5 hours starting from about 3:00MT.

Attendance
Dark(Myself and Ivory),
FF(Argronious and Hiddeous bunneh),
SXR(FuckNut and zhut),
Spirit(kurai),
CIX(Yelly),
SS (.cylon)

We disucssed the situation of OPs and Clans on Pluto and all agreed on the following rules and regulations.
* No turret dropping after first contact
* No N00b Bufffing
* No ninja hacking
* No 3:1 odds
* No trade chatting
* No OOC flaming/bitching

All the major clans will own OPs, usually going on the past and giving out a few to the needed larger clans IE:
* DarK owning around MB
* PIMP own simmons
* Fec own malstrond
* FF own around TG
* etc

Any clan can attack one OP but after the fights are over you let the rightful owner freely hack it back, this does not apply for free for all OPs(Read below)

Free For All Ops(FFAOs)
The OPs that are not given to clans can be owned by smaller clans(for fights or for a skill bonus) or used for large fights,

We hadn't come to an exact agreement on which OPs were owned by which faction except, DarK's, FF's, PIMP's, FeC's and SXR's. Exo and Silent didn't attened so we couldn't agree which OPs belong to them at the time.

I'd like to make clear that EVERYONE in the room agreed to the above and everyone left the meeting peacefully and clear on the situation.

BUT...

That all seems worthless now as FF have already:
* Ninja hacked
* Used 3:1 ods
* I wasn't on but im guessing they said something on OOC or Trade

*sigh*

-** PLEASE CAN A MOD KEEP AN EYE ON THIS THREAD, PLUTO NEEDS SOMETHING LIKE THIS, I WOULD LIKE SOME POSITIVE FEED BACK WITH NO FLAMING, OR CLOSURE. **-

Birkoff
30-03-04, 02:33
Delete :)

SovKhan
30-03-04, 02:46
did you start a timer after post? there is another solution just dont play neocron or if you do play a different server.

Drake6k
30-03-04, 02:55
I'll speak here for Black Dragon.

FeC Ninja hacks from silent when they are sleeping. That is the only reason they have OPs.
Mirrorshades and Crackheads dont support them in that.

A bunch of Crackheads joined DarK so Mirrorshades are kinda alone in Black Dragon now... but that is actually helping us get some new good members. We take OPs with teams of around 5 but of course eXo or whoever ends up getting 15 guys on and there isnt much we can do. Why are we a giant freaking target the second we get an op? lol Go after FeC they'll never have enough on to fight anyways. Not flaming, they admit to ninja hacking.

I hope the mods dont tell us to keep this ingame as the ingame forums are worthless. A lot of the stuff we say can sound like flames but I dont mean it that way. This is a hard topic to keep open...

:(

Moofausa
30-03-04, 02:58
hmm, maybe DARK agreed on this bcuz they get their ops back.. haha.. hmm and also wtf stfu dark will be punished for the 100 MIL THEY JACKED FROM FF ~~~~ NUFF SAID STFU

/edit - Umm well not so mad anymore but that was low, you only are going to this meeting because you guys got zerged and everything knowing you did hack FF's ops during the first meeting knowing thats how low you are... umm well i think pluto is freedom of choice if TG wants the whole map deal with it quit the game or go to a different server - Wo0pin > Smokeyj + 3 ppus..

LaZyBoY
30-03-04, 03:00
Yeah he didnt add the fact that they took 100mill from our clan account.

Possessed
30-03-04, 03:01
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95424&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Hmm, maybe a mod should merge these threads.

(The thread I just posted a link to came from more discussion held like... an hour and a half ago).

IceStorm
30-03-04, 03:08
I'm so glad I drive these days. :-)

petek480
30-03-04, 03:09
Originally posted by LaZyBoY
Yeah he didnt add the fact that they took 100mill from our clan account.
Did they rob the clan apt too? I hope they did.

Invertigo
30-03-04, 03:37
how did they manage to steal 100mill?

SorkZmok
30-03-04, 03:45
Originally posted by Invertigo
how did they manage to steal 100mill?

... one guy takes money off the clan fund, gives it to a mate from another clan who puts it into his clans. then repeat.

oracle
30-03-04, 03:47
Dark did not steal anything from FF---Parasyte took the money. If you have a problem with the theft then take it up with him. Leave dark out of this

Fez
30-03-04, 04:18
FF has stolen money and other clans rare/items before so do NOT come here crying when ppl do it to u, u made ur bed now lie in it.......quietly

G.0.D.
30-03-04, 04:24
I miss the days when pimp owned simmons :/

Carinth
30-03-04, 04:36
I miss when we had enemies that were fun to fight and allies that helped out.

G.0.D.
30-03-04, 04:39
yeah now all we have is a shitload of enemys

.Cyl0n
30-03-04, 04:58
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95424&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

and drop the clasnbashing

RayBob
30-03-04, 04:58
Originally posted by Birkoff
BUT...
That all seems worthless now as FF have already:
* Ninja hacked
* Used 3:1 ods
* I wasn't on but im guessing they said something on OOC or Trade Good. I'm glad the agreement failed.

You are not supposed to have a meeting with the enemy and peacefully divide up the map. :rolleyes:

If the situation were reversed, and FF had lost all their OPs to DARK, do you think FF would ask for a meeting? I doubt it. This is just a damn game and FF is winning. They are not exploiting or hacking. They are playing within the rules of the game and I congratulate them.

I have personally heard a lot of people in different clans state their absolute hatred for FF. They don’t want to fight and defeat them, they want to destroy them, to actually break the clan up. I find that attitude ridiculous. If it were not for FF, Pluto would be boring. I am extremely glad that we have a strong enemy.

If you want to hold OPs then use your head and devise a strategy to counter their actions. I came up with one idea. Organize the major OP fighting clans into 2 opposing factions and fight together as pro-city vs. anti-city. Whether or not we like it, this game is going to reprioritize the combat such that Empire > Faction > Clan. I agree with KK’s plan and feel that clans put too much importance on their own needs. The empire system may not exist yet but we do have faction chat available to us right now.

I suggested this concept a few days ago at the meeting FuckNut organized and Silent liked it. They said they would go Tg and in a matter of days they did. Unfortunately, the pro-city clans like their factions and are unwilling to switch.

I think there would be a lot of advantages to such a system.

The majority of the OPs would be owned by one of the 2 opposing factions, thus there would be lots of OPs available for each side to GR into (assuming all OPs are set to Faction Only). It doesn’t matter which clan does the final hack level at any OP as long as some clan in your faction does it.

Smaller clans and unclanned runners are completely locked out of a major part of the game—OP fights. With this system, anyone can show up to support their faction.

Ninja-hacking multiple OPs would be much more difficult. Even if your clan has only a few people online, the enemy would be reluctant to attack knowing the entire faction would show up to defend. They might take one OP but your faction would have plenty of time to get to a nearby OP and stop any further attacks.

I am not saying this system would be perfect, but I think it would create a lot more OP activity on Pluto for all of us.

I am also tired of the whole high-and-mighty attitude some people seem to have towards so-called honorable combat. In particular, noob buffs and turrets.

Everyone complains about the difficulty of killing PPUs. Perhaps noob buffs are KK’s answer to the problem? Perhaps KK will change it so that higher level buffs overwrite lower level buffs but they have stated quite clearly that it is not an exploit. My PPU has been noob buffed many times—most of the time I survive it and sometimes it kills me. Either way, I stfu and deal with it.

The defenders of an OP should have the advantage and yet we all know that the current OP system gives attackers the advantage. The owners of the OP have only minutes to arrive and can expect to find the attackers well-organized and spamming the UG entrance. Perhaps turrets are the way that KK has attempted to balance this problem and give the defenders some sort of advantage? Perhaps KK will modify the OP system some day and change the way OPs are taken and the way turrets can be dropped. But for the time being, turrets are part of the game. Develop a strategy to counter their use and stop whining.

Tupac
30-03-04, 05:15
raycors attempt at publicity for his idea ^^ :p well anyways we have had another discussion with myself judge astraea primate bil jason and things did seem like they could work out

petek480
30-03-04, 05:21
Originally posted by Tupac
raycors attempt at publicity for his idea ^^
I think he's just upset that his clan wasn't at the meeting.

Carinth
30-03-04, 05:31
Originally posted by RayBob
I am also tired of the whole high-and-mighty attitude some people seem to have towards so-called honorable combat. In particular, noob buffs and turrets.

Everyone complains about the difficulty of killing PPUs. Perhaps noob buffs are KK’s answer to the problem? Perhaps KK will change it so that higher level buffs overwrite lower level buffs but they have stated quite clearly that it is not an exploit. My PPU has been noob buffed many times—most of the time I survive it and sometimes it kills me. Either way, I stfu and deal with it.

I don't want to derail the topic, but I completely disagree with you. KK's attention only goes to game stopping bugs, otherwise they are focused on BDOY. I could list many obvious bugs in the game that are listed as "known" and have been for months. That doesn't mean kk approves of them and intends them to exist. As a ppu I was able to kill apus and spies, with difficulty I could even kill other characters. It's become harder to kill as a ppu, but it's still possible. Does that mean kk wants ppu's to be killing people? I highly doubt that.

I will never ever accept noob buffing as a valid strategy and something that kk would want. It's usage is accepted because kk has done such an awful job in balancing ppu's. Yet the community becomes used to tactics like this, which only makes the game worse. I wish I could show many of you what it was like to have holy psi shield casted on you by your enemy. If you've ever had it done to you during a fight, then you understand why noob buffing is so offensive. You are abusing the game mechanics to impair the ppu and there's absolutely nothing the ppu can do about it. Psi Shield was flat out the most awful weapon I've ever faced and used. Once you realize you have Psi Shield on, your only choice is to run away. If you don't, you die. So it effectively ends combat and ruins the fun. Noob Buffs do the same, just not as severely. I enjoy fighting, I enjoy a challenging opponent. When you use noob buffs, there is noway you can claim victory. The game won, luck won, not you.

Birkoff
30-03-04, 06:19
Raybob = raycore? I don't know

Its the game mechanics that are are fault not DarK, we have beated FF in many fair fights, they even attacked cycrow with 2 other clans.

They we log on and have no OPs. That has nothing to do with DarK being able to defend its to do with timezones and members having lives. You talk about RP and that this would never happen in real life, but in all fairness:

1, I'n real life people don't go off and do other things for 21 hours a day.
2. Leaders do have meetings, maybe not in the same way, but we arn't in the same time.

There is the fact that its not 100% RPG game and that we play to have fun. Not to log on the night after a few victories and to see the whole map piss yellow again.

If this worked Small clans would have OPs to use/fight at and large clans would have OPs to use and regular OP fights.

All i want is to enjoy neocon as much as i did back when DarK lost to NDA everynight and there was rare bitching and never any of the shit that happens now. I think i speak fot the magority of the people that play there game there.

-FN-
30-03-04, 06:20
Originally posted by RayBob
This is just a damn game and FF is winning. They are not exploiting or hacking. They are playing within the rules of the game and I congratulate them.
ray, dude, you know I support the empire idea. But with factions as they are and free-will what it is, a temporary solution is being worked out before that extreme will happen and the inevitiable restructuring ensues.

But what you're saying there is way off the deep end, in my opinion. Many people find absolutely no fun in the play style being presented against them, and as a result, the player population dwindles, and the game suffers. You yourself are bored out your mind at times. Hell, you run around in Plaza in circles like I do. Certain players on Pluto are playing within the "physics" of the game, but not the rules. Because KK has limited resources, and have announced scheduled (when it's done[TM]) fixes, such as the cst req on turret drops and such), that doesn't make players actions "fair play". Because someone can alt+F4 next to a fence and then log back in and walk through it, and then a whole team can do it, does that make it fair? I reiterate, just because you can do something doesn't mean it's fair game. They are *not* playing within the rules of the game and I don't think you've fought enough against them, for the only sake of OPs (recently, I know ya'll did as NCF a lot) to be able to make those claims.

I know it's extreme, but it's a portrayal of human nature. If Country A bombed the hell out of Country B, then took it's people a slaves or something and did a number of other things which they can do because there are more of them and nobody can do anything permanent about it to stop them because of the ethicless usage of tactics at their disposal, how would humanity step up to a solution? Like I said, totally extreme, but the point is, because you can do something, that people with ideals, morals, and the thing you think need not apply, honor, would *not* do, does not make it right. And the last thing in the world they should be is congratulated.

The game has escalated to a point in which the players have to take it into their own hands. I made the joke of it being like a "Geneva Convention", but in a way, it's a setting of rules by the parties involved because the reality of things let us do whatever the fuck we want to do, and just because we can doesn't make it right. So when things get "out of hand" (e.g. the Pluto Map) and the game has over 100 people on the verge of flat out quitting, you don't think that a time to step up and set some ground rules for a GAME (which by nature has rules), where we all pay to have FUN, and the majority are NOT, has come?

Gotterdammerung
30-03-04, 06:33
please keep these things in-game. So far i've read about who stole how much from what clan...etc...etc...etc. The rules are clear on this, you will not bring any unwanted attention to another clan or runner. This thread wasn't even off 1 page before the names started flying.

closed