PDA

View Full Version : That time again....

Dribble Joy
30-03-04, 01:41
....for me to grumble about being an uttly mong monger and totaly shit excuse for a deuler.

Again, in the last few weeks my 'skills' have taken a rapid plummet into the knarley nadsack of suckage.

It's not my movement, or my fps (whcih is indeed appaling, but not anexcuse if it's above 10) but my aiming.

It's just... fucking useless.

People are simply vanishing from my recticle, ands it's taking me ages to get them re-locked, but them they go again.
Even if I am timing my shots as they come across my vision, I am still hopeless.

I suck so much dog balls, what can I do to improve my twich controlls?

Tratos
30-03-04, 01:45
My aiming suchs really bad, ive been practising tho by just running around people keeping target lock, heh still cant aim for toffee :(

I know how you feel

~Tratos

Glok
30-03-04, 01:48
This is what I used to do when my aiming took a dive, play UT on 'turbo' mode with bots. After an hour of that hell, you WILL notice an improvement in your aiming at sane speeds in any game.

joran420
30-03-04, 01:49
play BF:V to improve twitch ....ive been playing that and have noticed improved in game aiming

...i still suck though

Kenjuten
My personal suggestion is to modify your mouse sensitivity if possible, and/or working in a different resolution.

I used to kinda suck at 800x600 res (Edit: Fixed the res...I forgot what my old res was, lol), so I went up to 1152x864 res..

Now, note this doesn't SEEM to affect the ingame res, but it does affect the RPOS..

I did this actually to get a more roomier RPOS because I loved having multiple windows open up everytime I tab. :D

But I noticed I sucked even more at this res..however, eventually I got myself working up to my normal self, and then I actually got better than my previous self.

I suggest you look into this kinda thing yourself and see what happens. If nothing else changes, at least you'll have more room in your RPOS.. :lol:

sparrowtm
Won 17 duels in a row tonight against a MC-Tank ... then a few against a fellow PE ... then against another MC-Tank ... then came along a HC-tank who fell as well ...

... my ego was bigger than ever ...
... then came another PE ...
... and owned me with a Silent Hunter ...
... then with a FL ...
... then again ...

and I realized I still sucked, the others just sucked more. :(

Welcome to the Anonymous twitch-suckers.

Vid Gamer
30-03-04, 01:50
Yup, I practice 24/7 by just when I follow someone or see someone running, I try to keep the reticle on them the whole time.

It also helps to experiment with the mouse sensitivity. Some people like to slow, others like to at lightning speed.

plague
30-03-04, 01:58
The best games for practice is no doubt Quake 3,2 and CS(didnt play much of it =P). Cuting down on masturbation might help too, although in some cases it actually been know to improove perfomance. :D

MrChumble
30-03-04, 02:03
Play a game with decent netcode. NC is far too random for aiming to be a particularly useful factor. Sure it helps but it also helps if the player you're trying to target is not (oh god I've wanted to do this list for so long, spleen venting time):

1) Warping around instead of moving
2) In a different zone to you, but still on your screen
3) An unnamed PE in the middle of the zone
4) shooting you through a wall because one of you is flying on the other persons screen
5) shooting you through a wall because one of you is standing still on the other persons screen
6) shooting you through a wall because they're an APU and they get to do that
7) shooting you through a wall because AOE really does pass through 5 feet of steel reinforced concrete
8) standing beside a vendor trying to ruin your SL
9) steathing away like a little whore bitch
10) stealth bugged and targetable
11) In sync
12) relogging cos of a random bug
13) relogging because of FRE
14) desperately trying to right-click on the gr only to discover they can't
15) unable to load their weapon
16) unable to cast a spell on themselves
17) being anally porked by a ppu
18) zone hopping
19) a mile away and still hitting you with their melee weapon
20) right beside you and taking no damage from your melee weapon
21) getting shot to shit and taking no damage
22) a turret
23) trying to launch a drone but they can't
24) trying to get their drone unstuck from the floor
25) being ganked 5 on 1
25a) did I mention that being ganked 5 on 1 is really fucking annoying
26) a PPU
27) standing still, torso facing backwards, firing from 30 feet away from the player model, taking no damage when you shoot them
28) trying to draw a weapon that's actually ammo
29) parashocking you
30) using the latest flavour-of-the-month weapon
31) shooting while stealthed
32) using the psi setup recommended by the starting stats; go go gadget resist psi
33) totally over-capped in resists because unless you're a forum monkey there's no way to know what the caps are
34) stuck in a wall
35) stuck in a door
36) being shot by a guard in their own faction because they accidently punched him
37) running through walls
38) being forced to control the drone that mis-fired just after deliberatly dropping the one you were flying because someone was shooting you
39) gunning a tank that has an LE'd driver
40) unable to heal themselves because they zoned with a heal
41) running around drug flashed because they popped a drug that didn't do what it was meant to do but gave drug flash instead

The upshot of this is PvP in neocron is the most utterably random, buggy, idiot CRAP ever. Sure skill HELPS but it's not gonna decide any duels or OP wars anytime soon.

Edit: I added some more. I'll probably keep adding more all night as they come to me :)

Lanigav
30-03-04, 02:32
I feel your pain. There are days when I'm awesome, but I have more than enough days where I feel like I can't shoot fish in a barrel. Its especially frustrating during op wars where there's tons of bodies flying around and its hard to tell who's who, and then once you finally get a good lock, an ally runs in front of you destroying it.

Barak
31-03-04, 00:45
Hehe i know the feeling Dj i can't aim for shit with my recent change to pistols.

tho i'd try Gloks idea btw

Kal
31-03-04, 01:46
when i start sucking at pistols, i just swich to a different alt for a bit such as a melee tank or hybrid that has a different playstyle.
or i play bass for a bit or do some homework.

when i go back im much better

also, i can NEVER aim when im feeling nearvous, under pressure, or as if i know im gonna lose, theres a 'zone' or relaxedness and a degree of concentration, when you reach the zone, all of hells legions couldn't save those who stand in your way

Omnituens
31-03-04, 02:45
Originally posted by MrChumble
[That long long long list]
amen. the floating in air bug is good when they think they are hiding from my sniper scope :lol:

needs to be fixed. now. not after DoY. NOW.

hivemind
31-03-04, 03:07
DJ, try a massive change in your mouse sensitivity. Sometimes that helps jar your hand back to reality...

Spartan
31-03-04, 03:08
I just love the results of the crappy Netcode. I die so many times from someone that is shooting me, even though they are nowhere in visible sight on my screen. Or the people that I get down to one health while I am still around 3-400, but they just won't die no matter what I do, or how many times I hit them (and they are not healing), and they end up killing me. Or watching a gun do the boomerang trick, where they shoot me behind their back with 100% accuracy. I know what I am seeing is not what they are seeing, but it is frustrating as hell knowing that my skill means absolutely jack shit 90% of the time. Then I go play a well coded game like BF, UT, or Quake and come out winning every time..... And its certainly not a function of ping, I get the same ping to NC as I do to other FPS games. Its just the worst netcoding I have ever seen in my life. Heck I can play other games over 56k and not have these problems.

metalangel
31-03-04, 03:24
Play Desert Combat, Eve of Destruction or Wasteland 2042. A proper FPS with proper aiming will help... somehow. Especially Wasteland, as you only have 6 bullets in that Magnum...

HumphreY
31-03-04, 03:38
Try out the freezer guns. They have been nerfed quite a bit but still very useful against fast oponents ;)

Believe me, it's less pain being called a freezer lamer than biting the dust :D

Kal
31-03-04, 03:40
in NF freezers are pretty lame

no probs with using em outside tho