PDA

View Full Version : Spy Armor Idea

Scikar
29-03-04, 13:08
Here's a suggestion regarding armor for Spies.

Currently, rifle spies especially are forced to choose between two different paths: one with drugs, Inq armor, and not getting very good RoF on FL/Dis, and the other getting high stats on the top level rifles, yet sacrificing defence in the process. Also drugging to shelter is a must.

So the question is, how do we rectify this situation? The solution: first, lower the reqs of Inq 1 so that with 35 STR you can wear the whole lot. Second, take 5 STR from the Spy cap and increase PSI cap by 5. Finally, lower the STR/H-C reqs on the combat vehicles aimed at spies.

Result? Spies now get the balanced protection they need (but remember they still have very weak CON and low HP), they no longer need to perpetually drug to shelter and they can slightly better stats on it, though they still can't match PEs for stats on it.

Whaddya think?

SorkZmok
29-03-04, 13:14
That would totally overpower them i think.

All that needs to be changed is inqui 1 reqs lowered by 3. So you dont have to waste 3 slots for str implants if you dont like drugging.

Apart from that, spies are fine.

Sleawer
29-03-04, 13:24
I agree that shelter might be too much, but I'm with Scikar about the armor reqs. Lowering the reqs by 3 STR points would help you, me and the others that go for some STR implants... it must be something for ALL spies.

Inq1/Dur1 armors should be usable while having implanted purely dexterity implants. Then ALL spies could benefit from this.

ezza
29-03-04, 13:27
armour reqs yes, keep the shelter as it is

winnoc
29-03-04, 13:34
I've been back and forth between the standard spy armor and the inq1.

Right now i'm stuck at this setup:

Drug to get one spy pa3
Drug to get in scorpion trike
Drug to get 65 combat rank with silent hunter

I'm a Stealth combat junkie now, would love to get those str reqs lower on the armor, then i can get around that "damn sooo close but just not there yet" feeling.