PDA

View Full Version : Poison

Kikyo
29-03-04, 06:24
You know it's really annoying getting devourered 10 times and cant see your sheilds or heal I think you should have a option not to see poison stacks =|.

Kenjuten
29-03-04, 06:58
a multiplier to the side of the stack and then show only one instance WOULD be nice...

However, the reason it currently works as they intended is to show the effects durations in order, from the shortest to the least, compiled in the column from bottom to top.

naimex
29-03-04, 08:31
antipoison is your friend :p

nah, you´re right, it is seriously annoying..

best chance is to avoid getting hit :wtf:

they could make them write some kind of

*POISONING x 10*

waits a while

*POISONING x 9*

^^

stacked stack dmg..

petek480
29-03-04, 08:40
Or they could just make them stack on the existing icons instead of being put at the bottom pushing everything else off your screen.

naimex
29-03-04, 08:42
Originally posted by petek480
Or they could just make them stack on the existing icons instead of being put at the bottom pushing everything else off your screen.

you mean...

spell stacks "ALWAYS IN BOTTOM" mode ?

and

weapon / mob stacks "ALWAYS IN TOP" mode ?

petek480
29-03-04, 08:47
Originally posted by naimex
you mean...

spell stacks "ALWAYS IN BOTTOM" mode ?

and

weapon / mob stacks "ALWAYS IN TOP" mode ?
No.

Right now buff icons, poison icons, or any kind of icon you get are put at the bottom of the icons you already have on. So when getting poisoned, those icons are put at the bottom of whatever icons you have on so poison pushes them all off your screen. But if it was made so they were put onto of existing ones there woudlnt' be a problem.

naimex
29-03-04, 08:48
ok... i understood you correctly....

might work..

if they can get it to work right :rolleyes:

El Barto
29-03-04, 09:26
As some one above said, have like a number next to the stack showing how many stacks you have.

Scikar
29-03-04, 09:45
They're done in order of time. The ones that are going to wear off quickest appear at the bottom while the longer ones appear at the top. So if you're poisoned and your shields drop, they'll drop down the list to the bottom before they go.

Omnituens
30-03-04, 00:49
you cant have POISONING x 9 or whatever because they tick damage at different intervals, and wear off at different times.

allowing buffs to stay at the bottom would be nice, but maybe adding the top poison stack a +(however many stacks you got extra) might be handy.

Dru Blood
30-03-04, 01:01
yup i rekon the multiplier would be best. but as it is atm i dont mind cath is our friends.

Kal
30-03-04, 01:43
nah do what pete said

fatwreck
30-03-04, 01:48
having a multipoison stack would be bad because of the time durration. think about how apu poison beams would work... they last what.. 10 maybe 15 second? if you space out 2 or 3 stacks you'd not know if its worth taking the drug or not. for a dev if would work.. but not across the board. i like having buffs on bottom then stacking dmg ontop of that. kinda like how construction is always on top

Lanigav
30-03-04, 02:35
I think that they should just move to the left side of the screen.

Have the left side for poison/X-ray stacks and negative buffs. Have the right for heal stacks and positive buffs.

amfest
30-03-04, 05:44
Originally posted by Lanigav
I think that they should just move to the left side of the screen.

Have the left side for poison/X-ray stacks and negative buffs. Have the right for heal stacks and positive buffs.

I can see that now .. my crappy comp which i play at 640x480 also due to me sitting not at a desk so my monitor is a bit aways from me, so my screen would see nothing but buffs and stacks all over my screen :rolleyes:

Lanigav
30-03-04, 05:48
First off, shame on you for playing this in 640*480. I mean, I feel for you in that getting a new computer can be expensive, but once DoY comes out, stacks on your screen will be the least of your problems.

Kenjuten
30-03-04, 05:52
I don't like the idea of anything like that on the left side of the screen...same kinda reasoning I don't like seeing weapons on the left side of the screen.

Odd thing is, I'm a lefty. O_o