PDA

View Full Version : Mob damage to vehicles too high?

Lanigav
29-03-04, 05:54
I was out hunting with my spanky new scorpion trike, and mighty happy with the amount it damage it does along with being able to drive at the same time, even if the missles often miss and their firing angle can be messed up.

Then, much to my surprise, a single fireball from an 85/85 mob takes off a whopping 8% from my total vehicle HP. That's more than I take from getting hit directly. That means after fighting 11 mobs of that strength, not counting the raptors they spawn and any Grims that might be in the area, I have to go haul butt to a vehicle station that's a long ways away and get it repaired, which costs me about 40K NC a pop, negating any money I've earned from fighting those mobs.

Warbot damage is more on target with what it should be like, though even then its a bit much for vehicles like the Rhino, Reveler, and Scorpion Trike.

So, what's your opinion? Is mob damage to vehicles too high?

manderf
29-03-04, 05:55
yeah most vehicles take too much damage from mobs cept the rhino

rhino has fair defense as it is

Clive tombstone
29-03-04, 06:01
I think, just from experiance, that well, I think that KK added some of that "anti vehicle" damage to some of the mobs. DUnno, just theory...

Biznatchy
29-03-04, 07:56
I drove the trike for a bit with my pe. I was really wasnt making cash in fact somthimes lost cash with the 35-40k each repair. Ya it may be realistic for the trike to take that much damage but gameplay wise it sucks.

The reveler takes the same damage but takes 10c to repair.

Biznatchy
29-03-04, 07:59
Also I tried to repair the trike with a hacker repair spy. It took an ungodly amount of nanites to repair it. It would take 30k worth of nanites to repair a trike also and you cant clone them and they are heavy just was not an option. The spy had like 90 in repair also.

Nightbrother
29-03-04, 08:09
On my capped vehicle damage PE vehicle user, I never ever lose 8% of my vehicle HP fighting a 85/85 creature. First lesson in trike rare hunting is: Dont fight grims, cause they destroy your trike, but Doomies, Terrors and others. I'd say don't go above 90/90 as far as mobs go. I can kill 20-25 firemobs (70/70+) before having to go back to have it repped.

I pick out single mobs, cause fighting several mobs at once will also mangle your trike too quickly.

IceStorm
29-03-04, 09:17
Patch 188 notes (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=386) explain why "fire" mobs are so bad. Those "fireballs" are more like small asteroids. There's not a lot, if any, fire damage, but they do a ton of force/pierce. Vehicle resistance to Force damage is 0%.

Energy mobs are great for vehicles. Fire mobs that spew "fireballs" are bad for vehicles.

Nightbrother
29-03-04, 09:23
Originally posted by IceStorm
Patch 188 notes (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=386) explain why "fire" mobs are so bad. Those "fireballs" are more like small asteroids. There's not a lot, if any, fire damage, but they do a ton of force/pierce. Vehicle resistance to Force damage is 0%.

Energy mobs are great for vehicles. Fire mobs that spew "fireballs" are bad for vehicles.

Actually, in my experience a WBT (85/85) will take about as much HP off my trike's HP as a Terror Raptor (85/85) will, so if there really is a difference to dmg type done to vehicles, then I haven't experienced it at all, I must say.

/edit, maybe thats because WB's do ENR/XRay, that it hurts as much as firemobs that do Force/Fire, cause vehicles have no resistance against Xray as well as force.

/edit2, IceStorm, I hate you for the comp you have. Gimme your gfx card. plz plz plz! :D

El Barto
29-03-04, 09:30
Yeah they take way to much damage =(

Nightbrother
29-03-04, 09:34
I voted no, cause I think it makes sense to me that gargantuan monsters spewing forth small asteroids can destroy a simple thing made from steel, or 25 foot robots firing 3 foot thick energy rays can mess a car up.

Sure, I would love to be able to drive around hunting rares in my trike for 2 hours before going back to repair, but for the sake of logic, I say no. My logic anyway. Yours may differ. ;)

It would be awesome if vehicles could be modded also, say with fire-proof armor, or some such. Introduce vehicle keys with slots. :)

hivemind
29-03-04, 09:44
Gee, I was just thinking the opposite tonight: vehicles do too much damage to mobs... :confused:

Archeus
29-03-04, 10:00
get some repair skill.

Argent
29-03-04, 10:55
Originally posted by Biznatchy
Also I tried to repair the trike with a hacker repair spy. It took an ungodly amount of nanites to repair it. It would take 30k worth of nanites to repair a trike also and you cant clone them and they are heavy just was not an option. The spy had like 90 in repair also.

Nanites are very light (Was it 0.1 or 0.2 per pack) and buying them in big stacks with barter / from Yo's they aren't too expensive either, at least a lot cheaper than fixing the vehicle at depot (apart from Reveler, or course).

BTW Rhino >> Trike @ mob hunt

Originally posted by hivemind
Gee, I was just thinking the opposite tonight: vehicles do too much damage to mobs... :confused:

So, using expensive thing ie. vehicle - which you can lose compleletely anytime, anywhere - to hunt and putting high amount of skill points into VHC should be the same as hunting with regular weapons? Great thinking there mate. :rolleyes:

There might be a bit logic that a cannon mounted on a vehicle does more damage than person-carried weapon.

Oath
29-03-04, 11:01
Some mobs yes, others are too low to vehicles, Dragonflys still pwn things heh.

Gohei
29-03-04, 11:04
No.

I'd go the other way around and say that veichles do way to mutch damage.

L3m0n
29-03-04, 11:19
Originally posted by Gohei
No.

I'd go the other way around and say that veichles do way to mutch damage.
have to agree, mobs do good damg to vecs and anti vec weps dont do enough:p

IceStorm
29-03-04, 12:11
Actually, in my experience a WBT (85/85) will take about as much HP off my trike's HP as a Terror Raptor (85/85) will,
You may not have your vehicle's damaged capped, then. I take 2% to 6% damage on a trike against a Warbot, depending on how accurate my missile shots are and how fast the engine "reacts" to the damage done. I'll take 10% or more against a fire mob that spews fireballs. My trike does 3x280-ish to 3x270ish damage against Warbots and Warbot Titans.

Hoverbombers on a HH 4x4 v.1 are a joke. I'll take one down with 4% damage, at most. Warbots are similar - 1% to 2% or so damage per bot. I can hunt for a couple hours out at Battle Dome without having to repair my HH 4x4 v.1, and normally I don't repair it until I hit 50% damage or lower.

Nightbrother
29-03-04, 12:27
Wow, really? Then they may have changed the dmg fire-mobs do to vehicles since I last went hunting on my heavy trike (3 weeks ago or so)?? o_O

Cause I surely did NOT take 10% dmg to my trike from fighting even a terror leaper. A grim would take away about 15% (if it didn't spawn more mobs), but Doomies only took 2-3%. Anyone know if mob dmg to vehicles got changed?

IceStorm
29-03-04, 13:31
It may matter how you fight mobs. I pretty much roll up to them and unload until they fall over. I may also be finding things like the 90/90 and 110/110 stuff, not the 85/85. The Horrors and Brutes definitely do a whole lot of damage to my vehicles, though. Far more than their equivalent-TL Hover kin.

Heavyporker
29-03-04, 16:42
spec for repair. Trust me, the savings are immense. (even more so when you use a barterer to buy nanites in bulk)

I still heartily believe nanites should be clonable.

greploco
29-03-04, 16:54
yes

thought I'd make a driver pe and hunt with one of those 4x4s

no chance, the thing melts under y-rep atak, and also under firemob atak

Heavyporker
29-03-04, 17:37
Yeah, doesn't help that you're exposed in the trike and jeep if you fight Y-Reps or DoYbots. Those hurt like the blazes, and even vecs crumble. I don't *really* have a problem with firemobs in jeep (damn, but range is NICE on those, and RoF is fucking sexy.) or trike (hits hard, you got a chance to take it down before it takes you down)

But versus Y reps and DoYbots, at least with Rhino you got a chance to jump out and run for your life.

Aziraphale
29-03-04, 17:39
OT- Is it possible for a spy to drive+gun a scorpion without serious gimpage?

Heavyporker
29-03-04, 17:41
mmmh... needs a lot of STR... that's the problem for Spies.

the INT, VHC, T-C, and H-C aren't really an issue, even for a Spy.

plus you gotta worry about dying in the seat, its exposed.

Lanigav
29-03-04, 19:03
It would be awesome if vehicles could be modded also, say with fire-proof armor, or some such. Introduce vehicle keys with slots

Now that's a good idea.

And I don't think a spy can use the Scorp because it requires 55 strength, unless you can imp/drug to it. Even then you'll be gimped in damage. Scorp seems to be a strictly PE vehicle.