PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tryed Lineage 2?

Corp
29-03-04, 00:49
I wanna try it, but have been waiting 5 hours for the mail with my key...

That suxx...

Goa'uld
29-03-04, 01:02
Yeah, it makes a nice change from neocron.

The down side is today they started Open Beta, to stress test the servers, you will be lucky if you even get on...

Maybe wait untill tommow for things to quiet down, maybe get up early tommow or something?

Inchenzo
29-03-04, 01:23
yup tried the open beta today, was kinda fun, but very laggy.. kinda like saturn on sunday :)

Tha BeAsT
29-03-04, 02:05
only the korean beta...
got some shots of that
the town (http://beast.jappi.com/Other%20Games/Lineage2/towncenter.jpg)
would post more but got only 3.. and its all i can be botherd with atm.

Omnituens
29-03-04, 02:09
where the fuck have you been beast? not being playing SW:G have you?

BeAsT told me about L2, but it didnt appeal to me.

Vid Gamer
29-03-04, 02:21
I'm waiting for my 20 digit key right now.

.Cyl0n
29-03-04, 05:20
tried 2 betas... and i gotta say the grafic is really nice but its damn boring...

in this game its all about equipment and lvls.. so you end up with killing the same mob 10 hours a day for 3 weeks to get an uber sword to pose...

pvp isnt about skill at all.. its just who has the better equip and higher lvl.. there is no movement or aim involved :(
also you cant really PK cause people just run away making their name go white - when you kill em then your name gets red and everyone is hunting you =/

its a huge lvl threadmill ( sp ? ) with nice grafics .. and thats it

hivemind
29-03-04, 07:24
http://64.176.95.134/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=191

We're screwing around with it...

Spoon
29-03-04, 07:34
Originally posted by .Cyl0n

in this game its all about equipment and lvls.. so you end up with killing the same mob 10 hours a day for 3 weeks to get an uber sword to pose...

pvp isnt about skill at all.. its just who has the better equip and higher lvl.. there is no movement or aim involved :(
also you cant really PK cause people just run away making their name go white - when you kill em then your name gets red and everyone is hunting you =/

its a huge lvl threadmill ( sp ? ) with nice grafics .. and thats it

.Cyl0n summed it up pretty good...

Yeah, it's treadmill, alright.....

And money is a pain in the ass to come by....

But, I did manage to make it to level 10 Human warrior today... :)

ATM, there's more players than mobs on the servers....:wtf:

manderf
29-03-04, 07:47
i'm dlin the beta now 2 try it out

Seven
29-03-04, 14:47
Originally posted by .Cyl0n

That just made me laugh out loud for about 10 minutes! :D

S a W
29-03-04, 14:49
I thought FFxi was better imo

Tha BeAsT
29-03-04, 19:51
Originally posted by Omnituens
where the fuck have you been beast? not being playing SW:G have you?

BeAsT told me about L2, but it didnt appeal to me.

been doing a lot of work havent had time for stuff... and yeah sw:g also.

yeah L2 was a really good game was i dident understand what anyone said or the npcs... but the game was good and i attacked a tree and he pwned me in 1 hit, and so did a fairy

Myrlin
29-03-04, 20:07
I've been playing for 2 days now. Honestly I love the game so far. Its not Neocron so all you CS kiddies can stop the download, but if you're looking for a fantasy game with great graphics and interesting quests this might be the game for you. One thing I don't like is that the only tradeskillers are dwarves. This means that every guild (clan) will have to have some and that every tradeskiller has to go dwarf (even if they'd rather be another class). I played a dwarf and leveling was just too slow so I went back to my elven warrior.

EDIT: Yeah logging in is a pain in the ass because the login server is always overloaded. However, once you get in you can play for hours (OMG a game without FREs!!11one)

Invertigo
29-03-04, 20:17
i think if i wanna play a game with fairys and turn based, boring, dull combat, which involves no skill at all and is all about who plays more hours a day, id play FFXI...

i think FFXI looks better too... just MO

Ascension
29-03-04, 20:19
44 % complete d/l at 480 kbps on average:)

sw1tch
29-03-04, 20:21
Originally posted by Ascention
44 % complete d/l at 480 kbps on average:)

bastard :p
left mine downloading got to 50% and stopped, and messed up when i tried to resume.

Now the download page doesnt want to work

hivemind
29-03-04, 20:59
Originally posted by Invertigo
i think if i wanna play a game with fairys and turn based, boring, dull combat, which involves no skill at all and is all about who plays more hours a day, id play FFXI...

i think FFXI looks better too... just MO
That settles it for me. Download deleted before installation. I tried FFXI for about three weeks, I cancelled it with free play time still remaining. Don't see the need to waste more time with another EQ-style lump of shit.

Nexxy
29-03-04, 21:19
Its nothing like everquest or FFXI. When i played taiwan beta i got into like a 50man PvP brawl. And though its not real time ocmbat theres still stuff to do while fighting. Its more tactical than skill based. I havent tryed US beta though, i cant be bovered with a MMO at the moment.

joran420
29-03-04, 21:38
its crap...well i thought so it was like MU online with better graphiX

hivemind
29-03-04, 21:46
Its more tactical than skill based.
See? That kills it for me. I understand that many people feel differently about this, but to me, timing != skill. At least not the kind of skill that's fun for me, but that's probably why I suck on my PPU unless I'm at a LAN. But knowing how to time aggro and stack buffs isn't skill, it's math.

Not gonna be my cup of tea. I still regret the $50 I spent on FFXI...

Invertigo
29-03-04, 22:24
Originally posted by hivemind
See? That kills it for me. I understand that many people feel differently about this, but to me, timing != skill. At least not the kind of skill that's fun for me, but that's probably why I suck on my PPU unless I'm at a LAN. But knowing how to time aggro and stack buffs isn't skill, it's math.

Not gonna be my cup of tea. I still regret the $50 I spent on FFXI...

yea... my friend went out and bought FFXI and played it for like...3 hours...then just quit and uninstalled it..:rolleyes:

oh btw before you say you didnt give it a chance one of our other friends had it for like a month before he got it, and we watched him play it abit so he knew what he was doing and what there was to do...

Nash_Brigham
29-03-04, 22:33
PErsonally, the interface of Lineage 2 reminded me exactly of Shadowbane. Point, click and move. Was fun for about 5 minutes then it got repetative and boring.

Bl@zed
30-03-04, 05:19
if you don't like adventure games or fantasy games. don't waste your time and go back to playing counterstrike, nuff said. :rolleyes:

hivemind
30-03-04, 05:56
Actually there, Mr. Know-it-all, I happen to despise CS. And I spend a lot more time playing tabletop P&P RPGs than I do Neocron.

I happen to enjoy fantasy and adventure very much. What I don't enjoy is a skilless timesink campfest.

So, uhh, 'nuff said I guess. :rolleyes: