PDA

View Full Version : Whats so special about Neocron?

Corp
29-03-04, 00:44
When I entered the world of Neocron I could'nt sleep for days, i was playing 24/7 and I did'nt go to work for weeks...just satt on my sorry as in a dark room and played the game...

Huge, game with tons of things to do and places to explore...

What can I say, I love it ( but my girlfirend hates it, takes all my time )

Leebzie
29-03-04, 00:45
Its that kinda game :D

Neocron still has me playing , 14 months after I started. most of the ppl on these forums , longer than that.

souljah
29-03-04, 06:43
hell its soooooooo addicting. look when i started, sep 2002!! damn that was a long time ago. ive only gone inactive abou 3 months total in between then and now

Psycho Killa
29-03-04, 06:50
Its the futuristic setting and the fps combat no doubt about it.

Crackitakk
29-03-04, 07:07
perhaps its the rude people, crappy grafix, low framerate, lag spikes, fatal runtime errors, disconnections, goofy lookin people and annoying guards? lol i dunno why its so addicting....i play about 8 hours a day, one time in the summer i played for 24 hours strait then slept for 4 hours and played another 14 hours....evil game, im wasting away cuz of this game, when will i be able to live inside the game so i never have to sleep?

manderf
29-03-04, 07:20
gaaahh

seriously though

this is the most addicting game i have ever played!1! mgnoisjhisobhnoiBNISNB{hy[oisnbhswh

you can't break the addiction!

naimex
29-03-04, 07:53
Originally posted by Corp
Whats so special about Neocron?

They got a sound running at supersonic frequencies repeating itself... Hypnotising you into be ever-thinking about the game

sparrowtm
29-03-04, 08:05
Originally posted by Crackitakk
perhaps its the rude people, crappy grafix, low framerate, lag spikes, fatal runtime errors, disconnections, goofy lookin people and annoying guards? lol i dunno why its so addicting....i play about 8 hours a day, one time in the summer i played for 24 hours strait then slept for 4 hours and played another 14 hours....evil game, im wasting away cuz of this game, when will i be able to live inside the game so i never have to sleep?

And with all that ... there still is no other MMORPG around that caters for non-carebears, non-achievers, non-I-report-you-because-you-said-a-bad-word-ers, non-this-is-my-item-if-you-steal-it-I-report-you-and-then-call-you-a-************-ers kind of person.

Yes ... I love Neocron for it allows people to be asses. :D

Dissenter
29-03-04, 09:25
Wow, some of you guys need to get out more ;)

I have been playing for a while now, and it is getting less fun by the day unfortunatley, as mentioned in other certain threads - The FREs are becoming far too annoying.

Garg [RogueNET]
29-03-04, 09:28
.... gaaaaaaaaaaaah.... can only play on the net 2hrs a day.... hate my mom atm... im gonna die without NC lol... :mad:

El Barto
29-03-04, 09:29
lol yeah.

On a side note, SEX @ SoulBlade

Original monk
29-03-04, 09:56
Originally posted by souljah
hell its soooooooo addicting. look when i started, sep 2002!! damn that was a long time ago. ive only gone inactive abou 3 months total in between then and now

hehe, i remember ya souljah :P

but lately im playing lesser and lesser ... the attitude on saturn is on an alltime low :/
when i do log in its mostley to say hi to my fellow clanmembers and to level up with em a bit :)

i play project entropia now for fun and as soon as there are some decent changes here, like the TL changes where im waiting for for a wgile now (testing takes tiime :/ ) and dOy then i resume my neocronlife :)

till then im in a small hibernation :)

(and by this i cant do stupid things before doy starts, like loosing my most precious stuff by getting killed or a bug or sumthing :O )

REVKhA
29-03-04, 13:44
I'd like to add the fact that people such as Steve Roach that are veterans of the ambiant music scene contribute a lot to the immersion effect because its well presented and complete. Not only the sound but the gameplay, rpg elements , UI, pvp scene are well built and fun most of all.

Furion
29-03-04, 14:03
ive played swg for like 1.5 weeks now, and i gotta say, im enjoying it more then NC atm. i guess its that noob feeling......

that and the lack of asses....

Original monk
29-03-04, 14:16
Originally posted by naimex
They got a sound running at supersonic frequencies repeating itself... Hypnotising you into be ever-thinking about the game

its not supersonic ... i will name ya a few ..

for reeza, for neocron, for the people

biotech, from head to feet, all you need

diamond real estate: its where YOU live

NCPD has an EYE on you !

:D

ezza
29-03-04, 14:25
Originally posted by Furion
ive played swg for like 1.5 weeks now, and i gotta say, im enjoying it more then NC atm. i guess its that noob feeling......

that and the lack of asses.... yet here you are still on the neo forum:p

dunno what it is about the game.

atm im kinda like meh cant be arsed playing but only cos i gotta level my hybrid up and i hate leveling.

still i started at begining of retail(took me a while to register on the forum) and im still here without taking any breaks lol

naimex
29-03-04, 14:27
o.O

DoY - Freedom, Prostitutes and Bad english ?

Seven
29-03-04, 14:36
When I entered the world of Neocron I could'nt sleep for days, i was playing 24/7 and I did'nt go to work for weeks

Any openings at your job? :cool:

Clownst0pper
29-03-04, 14:50
Once uve experianced Neocrons PVP at its best, U will never go back to Turn based MMORPG's without recoiling in shock at the lack of pace and boredom of it all.

Neocrons combat gives 110% variety, no 2 fights are ever the same between people. Its great :angel:

Saza
29-03-04, 16:05
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
Once uve experianced Neocrons PVP at its best, U will never go back to Turn based MMORPG's without recoiling in shock at the lack of pace and boredom of it all.

Neocrons combat gives 110% variety, no 2 fights are ever the same between people. Its great :angel:

Too right. Yesterday I had about 30 duels with Spearhead. I beat him first few but he came back and pwned me after that for the next few battles. Then I came back and racked up another few wins before being pwned again.

Strange thing is, every duel we had, one of the people usually won with a lot of health remaining. Freaky.

Yeah its variety. I mean it's not every day you drop a PPU. The next day the PPU might have lommed to APU and kicks yaw ass. But then you get the jump on him tomorrow and hes down. Then the next day hes left his faction and joined ure clan.

Ah Neocron.

Anything can happen. Except for perhaps having a day without a single FRE. That never happens :D

msdong
29-03-04, 16:18
/me thinks the special about NC is because its like playing in the backyard.
you know a lot of "kids" there, you know the place to play with no fear of getting lost and you have a lot of toys out there you can play with.

turn based feels wrong after you played NC. its kind of old fashiond because the only turn based gane out there should be civilisation.

dont forget that the forum is great stuff too.

RuButt
29-03-04, 16:57
i would still be full time hooked if all the bugs was gone... bugs that have been in the game forever...

BlackwooD
29-03-04, 16:58
I'd like to add the fact that people such as Steve Roach that are veterans of the ambiant music scene contribute a lot to the immersion effect because its well presented and complete. Amen!!! thats what i've been saying all along. ;)

Promethius
29-03-04, 17:18
Like many others I was grabbed by its futuristic post apocalyptic war feeling. I liked the game best when i was a noob and just learning the ropes. I still remember the first time I saw a Cursed soul and was mezmorized by that green swirly. I remember when i first learned wat tech parts were and that lil crave I soon thereafter developed.

I was a low lvl tank killed my first doom reaper and looted him for a tech part. I was soo excited and couldn't wait for the next. Also my first PvP experience was great. I was breathing deaply and heart pounding. Felt SOO happy when i killed my first opponent. Then at this time there were loads of Pkers around the IND-A labs which is where I lvled for ages. Never a dull time running for your life when u see that Pker enter your local box.

Then as time went on these expierences faded and dulled. So I went on to try knew classes and new factions and meet new people, which for a very long time kept me busy and interested. Then discovering about rare mobs (chaos queen, batqueen, apparition, etc) that brought a new sense for the game. But after going through everything PvM / PvP aspects of the game, I normaly sign on havea quick broswe around for old friends that I miss and never see any more...(Syreus, schanulleke, Rizzy, and a bunch more).

This game was very fun for such a long time but now its just a memory of good times and lost friends.

-Prom

Leebzie
29-03-04, 22:08
Originally posted by El Barto
On a side note, SEX @ SoulBlade

SEX @ you too

actually thats made me think, maybe its the sex that keeps us in the game ? :D

(its the droms for me :angel: )

Cliffraiser
29-03-04, 22:25
the ability to have virtual sex with a female avatar played by another male player. thats what keeps me playing this game :o :angel:

sparrowtm
29-03-04, 22:28
Originally posted by Cliffraiser
the ability to have virtual sex with a female avatar played by another male player. thats what keeps me playing this game :o :angel:

How about virtual sex between TWO female avatars both played by a male? o_O SWG is full of them ... :lol:

Possessed
29-03-04, 22:39
Originally posted by sparrowtm
How about virtual sex between TWO female avatars both played by a male? o_O SWG is full of them ... :lol:

Female wookies? :eek:

Always wondered what they look like :O

40$Poser
29-03-04, 22:42
I honestly think it's the uniqueness of this game. A kind of game people look for. Want to play against other people and be able to roam a city and a decent sized map, fighting other people, doing as they please.

Neocrons_coward
29-03-04, 23:36
When I entered the world of Neocron I could'nt sleep for days, i was playing 24/7 and I did'nt go to work for weeks...just satt on my sorry as in a dark room and played the game...

Huge, game with tons of things to do and places to explore...

What can I say, I love it ( but my girlfirend hates it, takes all my time )

ive had to call in the reinforcements to join as one last desperate attempt to keep me here because im slowly getting bored of neocron... It is good at first but... its going a little on the crap side.. Maybe its because i never seem to hunt with anyone like i did when i first made zeon... now zeons dead its like me gameplay ere is collapsing about

Jadzia Eleazar
29-03-04, 23:46
ive played swg for like 1.5 weeks now, and i gotta say, im enjoying it more then NC atm.

Well, I've started to play SWG 4 days ago and today, I returned to NC. OK, gotta admit SWG has way better gfx and the environment feels more realistic but combat sux. PvM is pure bordedom and so is PvP. Just imagine Han Solo asking Greedo whether he wants to duel while secretly drawing his blaster under the table. :rolleyes:

NC has crappy gfx, no real story, but players are totally free to do whatever they want including killing other players and that's why NC is popular. ;)

Vryce
29-03-04, 23:47
Originally posted by Original monk

for reeza, for neocron, for the people

biotech, from head to feet, all you need

diamond real estate: its where YOU live

NCPD has an EYE on you !

:D

Where ever you go, go NEXT. :lol:

Crackitakk
30-03-04, 01:47
Neocron has no story? neocron has such a long developped story its aimaizing, star wars may have like 30 years of story development but neocron DEFINATELY doesnt have "no story" every week neocronicle adds to the story and nema the same, neocron is an ever developing story, a damn good one