PDA

View Full Version : best class for hunting rares

Superbron
28-03-04, 21:28
Hi,

Just wondering which class I should use to hunt rares. My rifle spy has such hig ranking that the drop rate is really low. I thought about a tank, but then they are so dumb that being able to hack a WB I would have to suffer a lot in my aiming by lomming weapon lore away to hacking. Anybody got some thoughts about this?

Greetz

SovKhan
28-03-04, 21:30
hybrid monk hunting firemobs.

sparrowtm
28-03-04, 21:31
PE hunting whatever moves in front of him. :p

Psycho Killa
28-03-04, 21:31
Heavycombat vehicle pe/ hacker.

Superbron
28-03-04, 21:46
Originally posted by SovKhan
hybrid monk hunting firemobs.
Doesn't a hybrid monk have the same high ranking, which leads to another bad drop rate?

Greetz

Invertigo
28-03-04, 21:49
high level melee tank...

just get to like base 90 str, get a DG or POB and go after some wb's... you can probably take on 3 at a time if your good...

Drake6k
28-03-04, 21:51
Private Eye would be the best. Rifle, pistols, or even heavy combat are all great. Epic weapons are the win.

dangfoo
28-03-04, 21:51
unless your rank is greater than the mob the drop rate remains the same afaik

seratoz
28-03-04, 22:06
i have the ultimate monk for hunting rares..... hes rank 54/69 so im almost capped but i was able to set him up with a low combat rank..... i still spank out damage but i get awsome rare drops...... got about 72 in 4 hours one day. But that was wheni was bored....... i typically get about 15-20 rares in hour. Now thats not pownage but its very nice to konw you get a high rare drop constatntly

Clive tombstone
28-03-04, 22:18
I am my clans Rare hunter. I am a PE, using a rifle/HC hybruid setup, and I use my trike to the maximum, Along with 100 base hacking, I can easily get about 40 rares in one day.

Trike=Teh win

Opar
28-03-04, 22:24
Rifle Spy, can take them out without them hitting you once, and got enough INT to hack and still have nice WPL

amfest
28-03-04, 22:34
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
Heavycombat vehicle pe/ hacker.

Change that PE class to spy class and you got a low combat rank of 42 that dishes out some pain to firemobs of course of course i'm a tradeskiller and don't have hack :( but i can leave warbots laying on their backs very quickly and take down percs and chasers in about 30 seconds time (give or take a little) on my heavy assult scorpion trike and I don't even do the max dmg a PE could do . . . lol.

Trike=Teh win

I 2nd that although my lil spy has to carry a unlabeled laser cannon so I can pull mobs to me off cliffs or that are in big clumped up groups :D

SorkZmok
28-03-04, 22:43
Heavycombat vehicle pe/ hacker. Nothing beats this char. Will never ever die, kills warbots in no time, has zero costs cause he can easily skill repair and recycle, can carry everything he loots as you can still drive with -100 freeload.

Maarten
28-03-04, 23:47
The Heavy Assault Scorpion Trike can drop a WB in seconds...
And you can use a Speed Gat for the moments you are not in your vehicle. You can even keep your LE in so you can hunt in peace. Oh, and it's fun too. :)

DonnyJepp
28-03-04, 23:51
melee tank + 50 hack and warbots

You can keep all the loot and haul it to the GR.

You will be able to keep many thousands worth of vehicle and weapon parts as well as the tech parts and imps.

Doc Holliday
29-03-04, 00:43
pe. of some sort. prob rifle. pes by far most fun to use cos of the variations anyhow.

Superbron
29-03-04, 08:09
Thanks for all the replies. I think I should have made it a poll. Well maybe some other time. I think I will be making a H-C, VHC pe and use the scorpion trike. Though a M-c tank might work too (will be able to carry a lot of loot around with him).

Greetz

sparrowtm
29-03-04, 08:12
Originally posted by Superbron
Though a M-c tank might work too (will be able to carry a lot of loot around with him).

A non-HC/MC Private Eye is a living backpack, much more than any tank could ever be. :D

Superbron
29-03-04, 08:15
Originally posted by sparrowtm
A non-HC/MC Private Eye is a living backpack, much more than any tank could ever be. :D
? Explain plz.

IceStorm
29-03-04, 08:56
? Explain plz.
A PE without the need for Melee or Heavy Combat only has two things left to put STR points into - Transport and Resist Force. A PE's defenses are such that he needs little to no Resist Force, meaning almost all, if not all, of his STR can go into Transport.

Superbron
29-03-04, 09:46
Originally posted by IceStorm
A PE without the need for Melee or Heavy Combat only has two things left to put STR points into - Transport and Resist Force. A PE's defenses are such that he needs little to no Resist Force, meaning almost all, if not all, of his STR can go into Transport.
Ok, I understand. A MC-tank would be wiser to go hunting rares with than a HC-pe?

Nightbrother
29-03-04, 09:51
Ok, I understand. A MC-tank would be wiser to go hunting rares with than a HC-pe?

You should really try both, to see which one you like most. With a PE you will need to go back to repair your vehicle rather often, depending on how well you hide behind hills with your vehicle when killing mobs. If you're really good, then I'd go with the PE, cause it's sooo gratifying to see those powerful vehicle rockets slam into a WB and downing it in 7 seconds. :)

I haven't much experience with Melee Tank rare hunting, but inside your Trike you can stand a LOT of damage before you need to drive away and heal up, if you wear inq armor also.

darknessfairy
29-03-04, 10:19
Well there are several options. You have my tank, HC, and yes she hacks. at around 60 with a spy boost 1. she uses a speedy so :p

or there is the pistol/rifle pe. always good. pistols better cos you dont need as much wep lore so you can put it into hack and psi use.

or there's the last one of hc veh pe. now i know that this is a very successful char to make. and dont worry about having to go back to repair the damned thing, just get some repair in and remote repair it on road :p

Gohei
29-03-04, 11:05
lowtech pistol PE using a wyatt earp and a damage boost. No question about that.

Oath
29-03-04, 11:07
Pistol Spy who drugs for shelter :D teh winnar.

Most fun for sure, not necesarily gonna survive a long time, but hell of a fun when your alive :lol:

Garg [RogueNET]
29-03-04, 11:10
Spy with Silent Hunter = the sex

Superbron
29-03-04, 11:26
Originally posted by Garg [RogueNET]
Spy with Silent Hunter = the sex That is what I have been doing so far, but since my combat rank is 76 I have the feeling that I only have a rarepart about once every 10 killed WB's. I think that with a lower combat rank the droprate will increase or am I wrong?

Nightbrother
29-03-04, 11:28
That is what I have been doing so far, but since my combat rank is 76 I have the feeling that I only have a rarepart about once every 10 killed WB's. I think that with a lower combat rank the droprate will increase or am I wrong?

Some think that your rank needs to be above that of the killed mob for your droprate to suffer, but I'm not sure. With my PC Trike user who has a combat rank of 42 in his trike, I do seem to be getting very many rares, I would say on average 8-10 per ten kills. Sometimes I get 3 or 4 rares from a grim.

Superbron
29-03-04, 11:34
Originally posted by Nightbrother
Some think that your rank needs to be above that of the killed mob for your droprate to suffer, but I'm not sure. With my PC Trike user who has a combat rank of 42 in his trike, I do seem to be getting very many rares, I would say on average 8-10 per ten kills. Sometimes I get 3 or 4 rares from a grim.
You use a pistol/heavy pe I suppose?

Isn't a grim 120/120? Maybe I should go hunt firemobs instead of WB's, but then I've got the problem of no decent fire-armor for a spy. I think firemobs will lit me like a piece of paper.

Greetz

Oath
29-03-04, 11:35
Shelter and INQ 1 > no armor :p

Nightbrother
29-03-04, 11:37
Your trike will give you a good amount of protection, though. Grims, dont do those, but Doomies and Terrors are great. They can sometimes be hard to find without getting a grim on your ass also, depending on how they are placed, so maybe hunting WB's with your heavy trike would be better as a spy?

El_MUERkO
29-03-04, 11:41
My apu/hacker using his energy beam and a CQFA could kill a warbot in seconds and take on 2 or 3 no bother, main thing to do is use the terrain avoid being stunned cause then it takes longer to collect the loot :)

Strych9
29-03-04, 15:36
Heavycombat vehicle pe/ hacker. Anyone who didnt say this, hasnt played one themselves. Hands down, fighting WBs, THE best way to get rares. Until they nerf the combat trike, anyway.

MjukisDjur
29-03-04, 15:55
about rank 55 is usally sex for me. some days you will end up will 1 tp / 10 wbs though. Just give up and try somewhere else :)

winnoc
29-03-04, 16:32
When my HC Veh spy gets in a trike he's 54/60 and takes down wb's with about 230 each rocket. So it does go real fast :-)
Also the drop rate seems ok like that.
Too bad this char doens't have an le in, otherwise i'd be hunting rares for clan all day.

Right now, the thing is i get pked while hacking a lot.
Dropping belts with my PA3 stealth tool etc... And yes, i'm down to my last pa now.

jj dynomite
29-03-04, 17:18
Spy Droner.

Do the minimal RCL to use the MOSQUITO. Use a lot of Willpower and you can still hack if needed. Great for Warbots, Firemobs, BatQueen, Chaos Caves, Graves, etc. Rank still stays in the moderate range and your body is in a safe, cuddely corner.

Heavyporker
29-03-04, 17:48
only 230s with a trike on warbots? I think I'm doing like 260s to warbots at least. maybe you need more heavy combat?

Aziraphale
29-03-04, 17:51
Originally posted by Heavyporker
only 230s with a trike on warbots? I think I'm doing like 260s to warbots at least. maybe you need more heavy combat?

Difficult to achieve with a Spy I would imagine.

Heavyporker
29-03-04, 18:08
ahhm, yeah, okay. was just wondering...

notneo
30-03-04, 10:37
my hc tank with inq 4 armor and a speed gat,can take damage all day and get a good drop rate from fire mobs

amfest
30-03-04, 10:50
yea my HC spy is very limted on the HC heh .. screw warbots I"m a doomie, chaser, perc killing machine! no need to hack. Wearing all inq 1 armor and med firebelt no problems with chasers or percs as long as I keep distance and don't let them spawn anything. On average it takes my spy about 30 seconds to down a chaser or perc. give or take a lil. and like was said earlier with a combat rank of 42 (i have no rifle or pistols skills to raiseit any higher) I do tend to get 2-3 parts on one mob. yea I don't have much transport . though I could lom some cause right now I can only achive HC 118 I could lom 10 more points off for 120 i suppose. You dont' have to worry about trransport on a trike till you reach the negative 200 range :D and you can loot from the bike itself so you never have to get off unless you need to buff up. Drive to Race track and drive right up to the gogu and drop stuff off .. there is a vendor there you can jump off right in front buy nanites and get back on your merry way to killing more fire mobs :) it feels great beinga spy and doing this. I can drop mobs fast . .. gather so many parts . .then go and research them myself. and if i get enough parts for imps and such I also do construction and can build them myself. Along with repairing :D. Very fun character to play.

Mr_Snow
30-03-04, 11:08
Melee Tank it takes so little MC to cap atm especially with a BQ arm that you can throw over 100 base in transport and you can kill warbots in seconds and dont have to worry about vehicle costs or ammo althought DGs do break kinda fast but are cheap and easy to replace when you have to.

Nightbrother
30-03-04, 11:11
So basically we should have a hunt rares competition between a MC tank and a HC PE....

although the risks of people cheating would be great. You could have 25 unid'ed rares in your gogu that you added at the last minute, and no one could see that you didn't get them from mobs.

Would have liked to see a competition though. :)

amfest
30-03-04, 22:39
Originally posted by Mr_Snow
Melee Tank it takes so little MC to cap atm especially with a BQ arm that you can throw over 100 base in transport and you can kill warbots in seconds and dont have to worry about vehicle costs or ammo althought DGs do break kinda fast but are cheap and easy to replace when you have to.

only repair costs or nanites. You can recycle crap loads of that ammo from junk and since you don't worry much about freeweight you can go over it. Though ifyou're not LE'd that could be a problem ifyou get jumped and your vehicle gets destroyed :D

Garg [RogueNET]
31-03-04, 09:45
Just wondering.... anyone know the REQs on the Trike/heavy trike? :wtf:

phunqe
31-03-04, 11:03
Melee tank. Put all in HCK -> 77 HCK.

When there is a decent amount of people logged in to the server I can get so many rares it's almost not funny. WarBots are excellent. Melee tanks are rank 53-54/ so warbots give excellent droprate.

Also, you can detour for the occasional DoY bot. Very good money and XP.

Gohei
31-03-04, 12:37
putting all int in hack as a melee is one option, but i prefer to jam it all in psi use and hunt firemobs instead.

I used to have hack and hunt WBs with my melee tank, but the slow ass heal and the lame WBs going for ur legs is so frustrating. And as soon as i got more then 2 WBs on me i'd be fucked.

ezza
31-03-04, 16:19
or you could have 50 hack the rest in psi use and hunt botho_O

phunqe
31-03-04, 16:27
Originally posted by ezza
or you could have 50 hack the rest in psi use and hunt botho_O

Can you hack DoY bots with 50 HCK?

wolfwood
31-03-04, 16:30
doubtful

me:
spy hunting wbs

ezza
31-03-04, 16:31
Originally posted by phunqe
Can you hack DoY bots with 50 HCK? dunno but since you dont get techs from em i never tried but hunting warbots is easy with them and you can go hunt fire mobs also, cos you can still runcast heal

Kugero
31-03-04, 17:53
I know it's been mentioned before but I finally had the chance to try:

A HC tank gunning a Chaincraft V1 (bumped his rank to 55/51) with a near capped Spy drivin' & hackin' - with this setup it takes longer to hack the wb than to kill it.

pull right up, point the 30mm at his grill and proceed to ventilate :)

we pulled 12-15 parts in about 30 minutes. So far that's the highest yield I've had compaired to hunting on foot. I'm hoping it holds but we haven't had a chance to try it again ...

Heavyporker
31-03-04, 18:26
Dunno... Even as a melee gentank with 50 in fire resist, inq4, and able to use paw of bear/energy soulblade, Grims still slap my ass from one end of the canyon to another.

Same thing to my H-C PE.

Those things are so nasty its not funny.

And can you really solo DoYbots with a melee gentank? I thought their pure xray damage was just so ridiculously strong you couldn't get up next to them.

Xylaz
31-03-04, 18:31
i've had an excellent idea recently
tradeskiller spy on an assault trike with hack, ress and repair. Just go out kill warbot, hack him, take the part, put it in processor and start to ress then go killing next one.
U could even try to make cst/ress so u could have pure one-man factory and just ress and cst rares without getting out of the car... :P

amfest
31-03-04, 18:32
Dunno... Even as a melee gentank with 50 in fire resist, inq4, and able to use paw of bear/energy soulblade, Grims still slap my ass from one end of the canyon to another.

Same thing to my H-C PE.

Those things are so nasty its not funny.

And can you really solo DoYbots with a melee gentank? I thought their pure xray damage was just so ridiculously strong you couldn't get up next to them.

But in my heavy assult scrorpion trike with my spy wearing full inq 1 armor with med fire belt and 41 in fire resist about 439 health I can kill a chaser with about 60-100 left :D

Heavyporker
31-03-04, 18:35
bad idea. very bad idea.

You need at least 75 wep to get shooting anywhere that fast and accurately.

Low CON and open-vec means you're gonna get slapped.

And who in their fucking right mind carries around techs on themselves?!? Put those damn things away.

Geezus. No wonder so many ppl like belt-hacking.

-----------

My H-C PE got 50 in fire resist and inq3 setup and his trike still gets slapped by grims. And I can shoot pretty straight with the trike... Couldn't be the belt, is it? Damn... got like 15 more INT levels... *sigh*

Xylaz
31-03-04, 18:38
[B]bad idea. very bad idea.

You need at least 75 wep to get shooting anywhere that fast and accurately.

actually it's not true. Just drive close enough and u won't need any weapon lore. We're talking here about farming, not pvping...

Bl@zed
31-03-04, 18:39
heavy combat/driver pe is the win :D

amfest
31-03-04, 18:39
actually I do have a LE on this my spy who does construction and researching. 0 weaponlore. I only hunt firemobs and kill them all. with a combat rank of 42 I get techs o' plenty. And when i'm ready i just drive over to race track right up to the gogu never getting out of vehicle. grab my research glove and tool and head over to cycrow to get the bonus if it's on and just hang out in my vehicle while I research.

My H-C PE got 50 in fire resist and inq3 setup and his trike still gets slapped by grims. And I can shoot pretty straight with the trike... Couldn't be the belt, is it? Damn... got like 15 more INT levels... *sigh*

Do you let them spawn? cause if they spawn I have to fall back. The trick is to get just close enough to where your reticle starts to close then open fire with a heal on. When they move towards you back up slowly. make sure your vehicle is facing good enough so the rockets that don't home in on the target still hit for some off dmg. if you keep your distance they will never spawn. Since I have a spy combat vehicle driver I don't even do the max dmg and they drop in about 30 seconds or so. So if you have a HC PE there should be no excuse lol. I'd be embarrsed :p

Heavyporker
31-03-04, 18:42
Drive UP CLOSE?! Bleah, I like the element of suprise. With 75+ weaponlore, I can actually run-launch the missles at a warbot before it even detects me. Its awesome how I can get two salvos off before it even turns to shoot me.

Remember, driving up to the target takes up valuable time. Shooting while getting to it saves time. Tick Tock, young person.

amfest
31-03-04, 18:47
Remember, driving up to the target takes up valuable time. Shooting while getting to it saves time. Tick Tock, young person.

and so does getting your imps reimplanted and waiting SI off :p

Otherwise just do what I said and you should be fine. Otherwise I have no clue what's wrong with your character if my spy can survive and you have higher lvl inq. I cast defelctor and heal and am fine. Percs I typically end with about 200ish health or so. So maybe just stick to percs if you can't handle grim chasers

Heavyporker
31-03-04, 19:19
heh... I got 75 weplore natural.

Hm. maybe I should try shooting at grims even farther away, then. 100 weplore natural, here I come!

amfest
31-03-04, 19:22
I don't see what the problem is really porker. I have 0 wepaonlore o_O

oh wait I think i got 5 from a melee eye 2 cause something else it taking away weaponlore but I can't recall ..lol I'd have to look again but still that's like nothing :D