PDA

View Full Version : Where FCs really need to be involved...

-FN-
28-03-04, 15:38
I'd like KK to step up the role of FCs in the game. To be honest, I'm not even entirely clear on what an FCs role really is.

First, DRE should stop selling clan keys. They sell apartments, not run the citycomm (technically Tangent does) and they shouldn't be the authority on who's a clan and who isn't.

Faction Counsellors should sell the clan keys. And before you can buy one, you have to apply through the FC stating your intent and some sort of application. This would setup immediate relations with the clan's leadership and the faction's leadership, as well as do one very important thing:

Stop many of these clans from fucking up the faction system as they obviously have loyalties to a faction HOSTILE to the faction they have their clan in. Point in case: Months ago the TG clan Legion started a CA clan called Legionnaires. The people in the clan were CityAdmin, but fought at every OP with the TG Legion, and PKed TG's enemies, including their own faction, every chance they got. This exact scenario is happening yet again on Pluto.

The soullight system doesn't not effectively work to stop this from happening and it could take three forevers for KK to get it to an effective point, so this is my proposal to making 2-3 FCs per faction responsible for managing the Faction's Clans. The politics system is already in place and semi-working. Why can't clans be booted out of a faction if 90% wants them out? Why don't clan wars work yet so these clans can be effectively targetted? Why does KK let people people fuck-up the faction system they set in place with their own rules, so easily?

Grrr. Just, grr. :mad:

DrNarf
28-03-04, 15:45
The only problem I can see for faction councellers giving out clan keys is that some factions don't HAVE a faction counceller, or the FC is there, but inactive. TG on pluto for example, winston cross put a couple of gogos and a bench in TG, but apart from that he hasn't been seen in months so anyone trying to start a new TG clan would be a bit screwed. Also faction councellers might not be able to tell right away who would be loyal to the faction and who wouldn't if they'd never heard of them before. Making faction councellers from other factions in charge would kind of defeat the point of having relationships between clans and their leadership.

It's a good idea in principle, but given the current FC situation I don't think it would work.

Scikar
28-03-04, 16:36
I think it's a good idea. If an FC doesn't know the person who is asking to start a clan then he can easily talk to members of current clans. If nobody knows the runner at all then its likely that he's not been in the faction very long, and the FC can suggest that he reapply in a month or so.

KK have already set things up so if you lose faction sympathy you get booted out of the faction. Being in a clan stops this, so FCs should be able to disband the clan as well when they consistenly attack other clans in the faction and refuse to negotiate.

-FN-
28-03-04, 17:35
Originally posted by DrNarf
It's a good idea in principle, but given the current FC situation I don't think it would work.

Yeah, that's kinda what I meant by having KK "step up" the FC roles... fill the positions better in all factions, "hire" more volunteers, etc.

Alashandra_D.
28-03-04, 17:51
Originally posted by -FN-
Yeah, that's kinda what I meant by having KK "step up" the FC roles... fill the positions better in all factions, "hire" more volunteers, etc.

It's all very well and good saying that, but it's pretty damn hard to sign up more Faction Counsellors if no-one's sending in applications.

:(

-Alash

Zaq
28-03-04, 18:20
where is the latest list of FCs pls?

Mattimeo
28-03-04, 18:41
Originally posted by Alashandra_D.
It's all very well and good saying that, but it's pretty damn hard to sign up more Faction Counsellors if no-one's sending in applications.

-Alash

But I remember this post;

Originally posted by Tamara D.S-L
No, what that means is that if a counselor is going to quit or needs replacing they simply refer to the plethora of applications they have from this thread:
Faction Counsellors wanted (http://neocron2.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65706)
That thread has been there for ages and people apply all the time. So it's not like you'll see a notice on the boards that says "Hey, crahn fc just quit, anyone wanna volunteer"
If anyone is interested they just follow the rules laid out in that thread, anyone can apply and all are considered.

From not too long ago, stating that they had a plethora of applications and that "people apply all the time"...

which is it?

Tamara D.S-L
28-03-04, 18:57
Not to step on Alash's toes but I believe I'm right on this part here. That thread I linked to, people send in apps all the time and everyone is free to do so, as for any other internal workings I can't comment on

but

Regarding the original post:

Diamond RE clearly has the real estate monopoly in NC (except for the few that BD sell) so I don't see the issue with them selling clan keys. Maybe a better idea would be to have the clan keps sold in each factions HQ.

I do not like the idea of FC's selling the keys because by the way you explain it you want us to be clan key cops too. You want us to try and determine what someones motivations are for changing faction and if we don't think it honorable then to deny them the key. As far as I remember a long time ago it was easy as pie to change faction and ctart a clan anywhere (ie: just buy whatever key & activate it) the present system seems fine to me as there is still some work to do to gain the proper faction symps & pay the 300k.

Sorry if you disagree but i don't think it's our jobs to try and mind-read about what a persons motivations are for creating a clan.

Sleawer
28-03-04, 19:18
If I understood correctly the thread starter, he means not clan cops but actual faction leaders instead simple counsellers. To be honest and without offence intended, I can't really see the point behind your current job; on top of that as stated in this thread you are not online very often.

I think we should force a bit some kind of contractual necessity of FCs, otherwise most people just ignore you. I believe that FCs are a good way to organize events and such, but that's up to the players to ask. Perhaps having some more FCs as -FN- has said, and forcing people (specially clan leaders) to stablish direct relations with them, would set a more defined job for yourselves.

On a side note; I do not know the real ammount of FC applications, but asking for fluent english and german skills is a big limitation. English is an international language, obligatory in most nations, German is not, it is optional. I'm unsure of the reasons behind this requeriment, but I don't think it is THAT essential for an FC job. The real requirement should be the desire to work hard, as a volunteer yes, but if you decide to take a job it's because you have the time and will to sweat for it.

Just my thoughts.

Barak
28-03-04, 19:33
the main thing that annoys me is the Branch of Anti-city clans going pro city to fuck people over

look at KoS on Pluto just a arm of FF with the intention to piss people off more then they usually do on their own.

they need kicking out of the faction or somthing. it's not RP just a pain in the arse.

Scikar
28-03-04, 20:34
I agree with Sleawer. In the other thread FCs were saying that they never have anyone speaking to them when they log in, if they were more faction leaders than councellors then that would change a lot IMO. It would also encourage factions to fight as a faction rather than just a collection of clans.

Alashandra_D.
28-03-04, 20:37
Originally posted by Sleawer
On a side note; I do not know the real ammount of FC applications, but asking for fluent english and german skills is a big limitation. English is an international language, obligatory in most nations, German is not, it is optional. I'm unsure of the reasons behind this requeriment, but I don't think it is THAT essential for an FC job. The real requirement should be the desire to work hard, as a volunteer yes, but if you decide to take a job it's because you have the time and will to sweat for it.

As far as I know, only German FCs need to know both languages.

I'm English, and haven't got the faintest clue on how to speak German.

o_O

I'll see if I can get Arbiter to confirm this.

-Alash

Psycho Killa
28-03-04, 20:38
I would send in an aplication but theres already a pluto bd faction counselor :D

Maybe there should be a couple fc's since they cant always be on at the same time.

Shadow Dancer
28-03-04, 20:39
Originally posted by Psycho Killa

Maybe there should be a couple fc's since they cant always be on at the same time.

Good idea.

Marx
28-03-04, 20:40
Originally posted by Tamara D.S-L
Diamond RE clearly has the real estate monopoly in NC (except for the few that BD sell) so I don't see the issue with them selling clan keys. Maybe a better idea would be to have the clan keps sold in each factions HQ.

Does it make sense that Daimond Real Estate has the power of creation within other factions?

For all intents and purposes, a clan is a smaller company within a company... Wouldn't it make more sense to get clan keys from the company that your subdivision will work under?

L3m0n
28-03-04, 20:42
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
I would send in an aplication but theres already a pluto bd faction counselor :D
yeh thats a point, where is saturns FC its been a while since hes been around :wtf:

Scikar
28-03-04, 20:42
Also don't DRE still sell the clan keys for FA, CM, BD, and TG? They managed to muscle in on the real estate business in the canyon and the CM bunker as well?

Marx
28-03-04, 20:43
Originally posted by Scikar
Also don't DRE still sell the clan keys for FA, CM, BD, and TG? They managed to muscle in on the real estate business in the canyon and the CM bunker as well?

Didn't you get the memo?

o_O

:lol:

Arbiter
28-03-04, 20:46
Only german FC's need to speak both languages, because our internal communication is in english as well. If you are doing the FC job for pluto and one international server, no language besides english is needed.

Of course it is nice if you can speak some words of german, but it is not a requirement.

garyu69
28-03-04, 20:55
I agree that its too easy to jump Faction to faction as a Clan.

Pluto is a prime example of it getting fucked up.

http://neocron.garyu69.com/maptg.jpg:rolleyes:

Barak
28-03-04, 21:59
lol the CA bit is the Wing of the TG clan holding most the map....

Ivory
28-03-04, 23:26
I would like the idea of a FC with power to control the faction etc etc, however they might abuse that power and it'll prolly cause a lot of problems.

PISS STAINS on the map again, damn need to use bleach (as usual).

Arbiter
28-03-04, 23:38
I have some applications, but often the applicants don't apply for the open positions. The application process has some steps, and if you keep in mind, that I am not only responsible for answering the applications, then you know why it takes some time to get through with it.

We have 24 positions (12 factions, 2 per faction, one german (jupiter), one english), I am not sure if we every will have a day with all 24 positions taken, but let us be optimistic there. One FC per server and we have 48 people - that is too many to control.

There are some ideas to strenghten the position of the councils and the FCs, put I can not tell you more about it now.

Sleawer
29-03-04, 00:19
Just for the record:

Requirements for the Job as a Faction Counsellor are:

- at least 3 months of Neocron experience as a runner
- Good English and German knowledge (writing and talking skills). Exception here is the English speaking Tangent Counsellor
- at least ten hours time per week for the upcoming work as a Counsellor
- Minimum age is 18

Alashandra_D and Arbiter, thanks for the clarification on this though.

Now on topic; I would not mind if FCs had extended their job as true Faction Leaders, making some kind of control over the clans in their respective factions. A clan is an organization that somewhat represents the faction (and I'm not talking in character), if we have chaos and uncontrolled clans going against the interests of their own faction, indeed they are harming us... discouraging runners to join the faction, screwing the faction chat and making it unconfortable... in the end honest clans leave the faction, and often to join the enemy so they can have the chance to fight the offenders properly.

These are some examples of the things with we have to deal when there is no control over the faction.

Arbiter
29-03-04, 12:33
That post you quoted is outdated. Back then we had only one Fc per faction, Tangent was the exception.

garyu69
29-03-04, 12:36
Originally posted by Sleawer
JNow on topic; I would not mind if FCs had extended their job as true Faction Leaders, making some kind of control over the clans in their respective factions. I was under the impression that they did have control. I thought that if need be they can kick Clans / Runners out of the faction.

Is this true?

El_MUERkO
29-03-04, 12:47
Hey I'll be an FC, if you have an open position that needs filling sign me up, I'm running out of things to do in this game fast. gimme an empty faction like DRE and I'll do my best to create interest and support the clans in it.

I dont speak german but my dad live in heidelberg do I get points fo that?

Arbiter
29-03-04, 12:48
No, they can't. But this is one idea we have in mind as well.

solling
29-03-04, 20:40
look at KoS on Pluto just a arm of FF

KoS Of DoOm :D

retr0n
29-03-04, 20:41
KOS of DOOOOM:p

solling
29-03-04, 20:42
and the clan is really not to piss u guys off but to have someone
with whom to have good fights when we bored

Vithar
29-03-04, 20:58
Keep it on topic.

This is not a discussion about KoS or FF or their relationship to each other.

Vithar

Opar
29-03-04, 21:30
Faction Chairman need to play a role.

I WANT DYNAMIC FACTION STUFF

Devils Grace
29-03-04, 22:07
Originally posted by Alashandra_D.

-Alash

thats kuz for KK FC is another non payed GM job

im not saying u guyz dont work, i know u do, but u do the work of a GM.

thats why a FC should be a player elected by the runners in the faction all in clans.

a reall choosen by the people, and not by the KK

they should be elected and work for the faction

hold elections from time to time, and if the ppl is ynhappy boot him out

simple

Vincent Starck
30-03-04, 12:03
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
Hey I'll be an FC, if you have an open position that needs filling sign me up...
Just drop a mail to arbiter@neocron.com and we will do an interview with you.

Originally posted by Devils Grace
thats kuz for KK FC is another non payed GM job
im not saying u guyz dont work, i know u do, but u do the work of a GM.
thats why a FC should be a player elected by the runners in the faction all in clans.
a reall choosen by the people, and not by the KK
they should be elected and work for the faction
hold elections from time to time, and if the ppl is ynhappy boot him out
simple
We never claimed to be the leaders of a faction. There is a working faction council system. Just use it. Us Faction Counsellors will support the faction councils and their decisions. In fact we are kind of GMs. We just offer you faction related content and will support roleplay. Of course we love our faction otherwise we wouldn't have chosen it, but still some kind of GM neutrality is important to allow us interaction with the FC colleagues.
So - in char I hate Kirja Iljusha (BD) and Ronald Rodriguez (TG), but out of char we get on very well. This is something a player elected FC might not achieve.
Some people might also be excellent leaders, but they are no role-players. Yet role-play is the purpose of the whole faction counsellor concept.

Barak
30-03-04, 12:07
and the clan is really not to piss u guys off

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

The FC's work hard doing their dutys on all (or near enough) servers can't be much fun that and their normal chars to play aswell.

EDIT your no fun Nidhogg :(

Mr_Snow
30-03-04, 12:19
I had a friend who applied for the CA faction councilor on the english servers but he got denied the position because one of the FCs at the interview was an enemy of his from uranus so vetoed his application even though all the others thought he would be great for the job, and then FCs come back and say that there arent active councilors because of lack of applications.

L3m0n
30-03-04, 12:21
Question are FCs Allowed to go to OP wars?

Vincent Starck
30-03-04, 12:23
Originally posted by Mr_Snow
I had a friend who applied for the CA faction councilor on the english servers but he got denied the position because one of the FCs at the interview was an enemy of his from uranus so vetoed his application even though all the others thought he would be great for the job, and then FCs come back and say that there arent active councilors because of lack of applications.
One counsellor can't decide wether an applicant get's in or not. It's up to the whole team to vote.

Vincent Starck
30-03-04, 12:25
Originally posted by L3m0n
Question are FCs Allowed to go to OP wars?
They should not participate in PvP. Because of the special rights they have, this might lead to wrong accusations. Though if I am under attack, I will self-defend.

Mr_Snow
30-03-04, 12:26
He was told that it was a 4 to 1 vote in favour of him becoming an FC but it had to be unanimous.

Vincent Starck
30-03-04, 12:40
I can't remember a vote like this. No, I really can't think of a vote where the majority of FCs voted yes and the applicant did not get in.
I don't know about the GM team. Maybe he applied to be a GM.
Or maybe there already was a CA FC at that time.

retr0n
30-03-04, 12:42
Originally posted by Vincent Starck
They should not participate in PvP. Because of the special rights they have, this might lead to wrong accusations. Though if I am under attack, I will self-defend.

We had our FC (Winston) follow us to an OP fight just as a spectator
once though, but he did not participate, he had just logged on
after a longer leave and wanted to see some action. He was
just a spectator though.

L3m0n
30-03-04, 12:48
They should not participate in PvP. Because of the special rights they have, this might lead to wrong accusations.
ahh so thats why when i killed the TG FC he didnt fight back? :p

Devils Grace
30-03-04, 13:17
Just drop a mail to arbiter@neocron.com and we will do an interview with you.

We never claimed to be the leaders of a faction. There is a working faction council system. Just use it. Us Faction Counsellors will support the faction councils and their decisions. In fact we are kind of GMs. We just offer you faction related content and will support roleplay. Of course we love our faction otherwise we wouldn't have chosen it, but still some kind of GM neutrality is important to allow us interaction with the FC colleagues.
So - in char I hate Kirja Iljusha (BD) and Ronald Rodriguez (TG), but out of char we get on very well. This is something a player elected FC might not achieve.
Some people might also be excellent leaders, but they are no role-players. Yet role-play is the purpose of the whole faction counsellor concept.

thats why i defend that the FC should be a player and not a GM (or close to be one)

They should defend their faction no matter what and in R-Play terms hate the enemies and work with their friends.

they should be killeble and able to participate in PvP, without speacial powers of course.
And if some work need to be done they have the ability to take it up to a GM or FC meetings, or if the GM needs talk to him about things that need to be done...

Having a FC that is present in game is the way to go (im not saying that u guyz arent), and not a GM working in the background.(kuz its what u guyz do).

Siygess
30-03-04, 13:17
So, just to clarify.. do the "faction chairman" positions across all four servers make up the faction council, or is the faction council a different body entirely?

Vincent Starck
30-03-04, 13:20
They should defend their faction no matter what and in R-Play terms hate the enemies and work with their friends.

they should be killeble and able to participate in PvP, without speacial powers of course.
And if some work need to be done they have the ability to take it up to a GM or FC meetings, or if the GM needs talk to him about things that need to be done...
What you describe is IMHO exactly the job of a faction council chairman.

Originally posted by Siygess
So, just to clarify.. do the "faction chairman" positions across all four servers make up the faction council, or is the faction council a different body entirely?
The faction council is server based. The chairman is the head of the council. If there are more applicants they might become vice chairman or just council members.

Siygess
30-03-04, 13:23
Ah, so *thats* what I'm supposed to be doing as the faction chairperson. I was wondering.. :D

Devils Grace
30-03-04, 13:26
What you describe is IMHO exactly the job of a faction council chairman.

yes but they dont have a presence in game

they are like GM's.

when u need one u need to call him
and the obrigations they have are the same (or almost )as a GM.

what i really wanted, is a FC who is a player that when its needed be a GM and not a GM that when its needed be a player

Siygess
30-03-04, 13:31
No, there are no similarities between the faction chairman and a GM - the Faction Chairman is nominated by the players and indeed is a player him/her self. Most of the time, the faction chairperson is going to be found hunting, participating in pvp or just hanging out in Plaza 1.. because people don't realise what the position is for.

It might help, though, if the tag "faction chairperson" was visible over the player in question - not many people bother to check the politics part of the ingame forum, and as a result, don't even know who the faction chairperson is.

EDIT: Actually DG, I think you could be confusing the faction counsellor position with the faction chairman position. ;)

Devils Grace
30-03-04, 13:55
No, there are no similarities between the faction chairman and a GM - the Faction Chairman is nominated by the players and indeed is a player him/her self. Most of the time, the faction chairperson is going to be found hunting, participating in pvp or just hanging out in Plaza 1.. because people don't realise what the position is for.

It might help, though, if the tag "faction chairperson" was visible over the player in question - not many people bother to check the politics part of the ingame forum, and as a result, don't even know who the faction chairperson is.

EDIT: Actually DG, I think you could be confusing the faction counsellor position with the faction chairman position. ;)

Where is this, kuz im pretty sure Saturn BD as none.

We do have a FC (counsellor or chairman i dont know) but he only appears when he wants to run a event.

where do u elect a faction counsellor ????
in BD u cant or i dont know where, and aswell the rest of BD.

either name u call him they should be in game perfect identified, and work for the comunity of his Faction

And not (if understand what u said)a player that has a normal acount and is choosen to be a FC and has a diferent char to perform that role.

no what i defend is actually a player who can be choosen by the rest of the players to perform their dutys, but not like a GM

Vincent Starck
30-03-04, 13:59
they dont have a presence in game
In contrary to GMs they are elected by the players. So if you are not satisfied with your Faction Chairman, vote for another one.

what i really wanted, is a FC who is a player that when its needed be a GM and not a GM that when its needed be a player
lol, that would make it impossible again to let them participate in PvP.

Siygess
30-03-04, 14:02
@DG

Which is apparantly what a Faction Chairman is. Next time you're in game, use the City Comm and go to INFO > POLITICS > BLACK DRAGON. That will display the name of the current BD Faction Chairman, and clicking on the CURRENT ELECTION button will show you all the other player-nominated candidates.

Of course, its entirely possible that the BD Faction Chairman doesnt know that they are the faction chairman! :D

Dissenter
30-03-04, 14:03
Faction Chairman = person electe ingame, using the imo Crap politics system.

Cm Chairman = Rith

Other politician positions can be found in some other factions.

Faction Councellor = Gm type figure, who applied t do this with KK, organises faction based events ond other various things.

CM FC = Vincent Starck

Then you get FCA that do stuff for the FC, which in CM is me and Hoer.

And thats basically it atm I think.

Devils Grace
30-03-04, 14:07
In contrary to GMs they are elected by the players. So if you are not satisfied with your Faction Chairman, vote for another one.

lol, that would make it impossible again to let them participate in PvP.

where ???

never saw this

regarding PvP, what i mean is not related to have GM powers, but a way to talk to the GM's(wich im sure they have)

in fact and resuming, in my poor english, should be a player with the same acount perfectly identified, and not a GM.

if they are required to attend meetings im pretty sure they are done off Char (?) so theres no need to have a GM acount

Devils Grace
30-03-04, 14:10
Originally posted by Dissenter
Faction Chairman = person electe ingame, using the imo Crap politics system.

Cm Chairman = Rith

Other politician positions can be found in some other factions.

Faction Councellor = Gm type figure, who applied t do this with KK, organises faction based events ond other various things.

CM FC = Vincent Starck

Then you get FCA that do stuff for the FC, which in CM is me and Hoer.

And thats basically it atm I think.

sorry for the double post

ok now i understand

so i got one question

who is the faction chairman of the BD...

and if so why arent they identified, as one?

this is exactly what i think it should be

a faction Chairman per server/ faction = deals with all roleplay in game politics, takes the ideas of all players in faction, takes them to faction counsellors, normal player
a faction counsellor per faction = all servers, works basicly as a GM...

Vincent Starck
30-03-04, 14:19
who is the faction chairman of the BD...
and if so why arent they identified, as one?
this is exactly what i think it should be

a faction Chairman per server/ faction = deals with all roleplay in game politics, takes the ideas of all players in faction, takes them to faction counsellors, normal player
a faction counsellor per faction = all servers, works basicly as a GM...
almost :)

- dunno about the chairman since I can't see it as a merc. Look it up in the politics part of the citycom
- the FC team also had the idea that special chars should have the ability to be identified as special chars. (we also had the idea to reveal traitors, etc.) but I don't have an update on this, yet.
- one chairmen per server/faction / two counsellors for all servers/faction (one german / one english)

Devils Grace
30-03-04, 14:25
almost :)

- dunno about the chairman since I can't see it as a merc. Look it up in the politics part of the citycom
- the FC team also had the idea that special chars should have the ability to be identified as special chars. (we also had the idea to reveal traitors, etc.) but I don't have an update on this, yet.
- one chairmen per server/faction / two counsellors for all servers/faction (one german / one english)

ahhh ok then good game...

didnt know about that

later on im goin to the citycom and check who is the chairman in saturn for BD......and fire apoc him for not doin his job:lol:

i think they should be identified so the others know who to talk with.....

and its not only BD, up to now i didnt had a clue who they are cept for Rith, on the other factions

Dissenter
30-03-04, 14:29
They chould add Faction positions such as Chairman or FCA to player tags like epics.

e.g. City Mercs, Master, Chairman

Vladimir Orlovski
30-03-04, 14:57
They chould add Faction positions such as Chairman or FCA to player tags like epics.

e.g. City Mercs, Master, Chairman

There are ways to identify the Faction Counsellor assistant.

Not in the manner that you said specifically but yes, there is a manner that we use to identify the assistants.

As far as <insert faction here>, Master, Chairman well thats a change that KK has to do and I wouldnt expect that to happen anytime soon.

Siygess
30-03-04, 15:08
Ok, well if the faction chairpersons are indeed destined for greater things than anonymity, lets try and keep a list of the people involved.

I'm going to go and start such a thread in the Pluo RPG forums now.. and if you're a faction chairman on another server, I suggest you do the same :D

Devils Grace
30-03-04, 15:10
Originally posted by Vladimir Orlovski

Not in the manner that you said specifically but yes, there is a manner that we use to identify the assistants.

As far as <insert faction here>, Master, Chairman well thats a change that KK has to do and I wouldnt expect that to happen anytime soon.

well its to bad, kuz it seems its a easy change to do.

and u said it right, YOU have a way to know them.

any other dumb like me who didnt know the citicom thingy, will not know.
Besides not knowing who they are (chairmans) only proves my point, where are they and what are they doin, instead of representing the people (at least the BD one)

Devils Grace
30-03-04, 15:13
Ok, well if the faction chairpersons are indeed destined for greater things than anonymity, lets try and keep a list of the people involved.

I'm going to go and start such a thread in the Pluo forums now.. and if you're a faction chairman on another server, I suggest you do the same :D

hehe im to rude to be one
if i was one it would be more like " die bicth there will be no agreement betwen our 2 factions " kind of thingy:p
joking...

nahh i just want to make is sorry lazy ass to work, or improve their role in a more partcipating way in game (roleplay way)

Vladimir Orlovski
30-03-04, 15:13
What I meant was that there is a manner we, as in Faction Counsellors, use to identify the assistant to the entire server.

If i read the comment made earlier correctly, the runner was asking for the title Chairperson be added next to master.

If you are selected as an assistant you have a choice, if you want the whole server to know you are the Tangent Faction counsellor assistant, we can do that for you.
What I said in conjunction to that was that there is no way for Faction Counsellors to add the tag Chairman next to Master. That this is a change KK has to do if they so choose to go that route.

If you are one of my assistants, I will make sure that the whole server knows that you are as I will have the title Faction Assistant added to your name right above Tangent, Master

Dissenter
30-03-04, 15:16
This would mean leaving your clan though wouldn't it?

I'd like to have that tag on my name, but not if it meant leaving my clan.

Devils Grace
30-03-04, 15:18
If you are one of my assistants, I will make sure that the whole server knows that you are as I will have the title Faction Assistant added to your name right about Tangent, Master

ahah im a BD asshole pker, that all he wants is turf so he can easelly sell is stuff, without interfering of the enemyo_O
:lol:

yea that should be nice
Chairmans should get their role more active in their home server, in their faction.
if ppl are unhappy boot him simple, like in any ordianry company country

Vladimir Orlovski
30-03-04, 15:20
This would mean leaving your clan though wouldn't it?

I'd like to have that tag on my name, but not if it meant leaving my clan.

We all have to realize that there are limits to what we can and cannot do.

If you are a FCA, you represent the whole faction. That doesnt mean you have to stop supporting your clan. Unlike FC's, FCA's can PvP all they want. But yes you would have to leave your clan.

I suppose the downside to becoming a FCA is that you wont see clan chat.
You can still fight alongside your clan and identify with it. Im sure Vincent Stark can make it so that you still have your clan tag alongside FCA title. You still wont see clan chat though.

Dissenter
30-03-04, 15:21
Hmm, I'll have to discuss it with my Clan + Vincent then.

Could be ok, as we use teamspeak, and the majority of the time I use other chars for ops / leveling.

Only thing that will really bug me is Clan Appt Access.

Devils Grace
30-03-04, 15:25
We all have to realized that there are limits to what we can and cannot do.

If you are a FCA, you represent the whole faction. That doesnt mean you have to stop supporting your clan. Unlike FC's, FCA's can PvP all they want. But yes you would have to leave your clan.

I suppose the downside to becoming a FCA is that you wont see clan chat.
You can still fight alongside your clan and identify with it. Im sure Vincent Stark can make it so that you still have your clan tag alongside FCA title. You still wont see clan chat though.

hmmm but can u still acess to the clan management ?
kuz beeing one of the leaders and founders of Cartel, and loving the clan so much and have some responsabilities to the leader(perform some task assigned to us by him ), i wouldnt like to just let the clan go
clan chat is not a problem since we use more the Teamspeak then chat....

hmmm

Siygess
30-03-04, 15:27
No, I'm guessing there are no special tools that will facilitate clan management when you're in another clan - I guess Vlad is saying that you can still identify with your clan, and be seen to be a member of that clan, but that's it - just a limitation we have to work with..

Vladimir Orlovski
30-03-04, 15:29
DG you would loose all functunality that you have in your clan.

Im sure that your ingame relative, Marta can help you manage your clan.

Remember that because you are a FCA that you do not have to disinvolve yourself with your clan. That is not what I are saying.

But I would say that If you are a FCA and you openly kill faction members, you wont be a FCA very long. You might even lose your affiliation with the Dragons all together.

Point being, if you want to be identified as a FCA, as in have that title when people look at you, you will have to leave your clan. If you want to continue carrying your cartel tag you dont have to leave the clan.

All in all you dont lose anything, if you want the fame one of your forms of identification needs to change.

If you will continue to OP fight, you will also lose the ability to gene replicate into a Cartel underground. You loose all perks you get from being in the said clan.

Vincent Starck
30-03-04, 15:58
dunno about the chairman since I can't see it as a merc. Look it up in the politics part of the citycom
mh, Vince, that was completely wrong. There is a view all representatives button.

http://cm.adrenalin.de/vince/shot0143.jpg

You don't really need that list in the forum, there is one in the game.

http://cm.adrenalin.de/vince/shot0141.jpg

you can even see their manifestos:

http://cm.adrenalin.de/vince/shot0142.jpg

and u said it right, YOU have a way to know them.
We wrote extensive explanations about the council topic in the NPC ins the faction HQs (currently in the ConCenter for Pro City People).

hehe im to rude to be one
you could still be a member of the council, without being the chairman.

Point being, if you want to be identified as a FCA, as in have that title when people look at you, you will have to leave your clan. If you want to continue carrying your cartel tag you dont have to leave the clan.
Yeah, the FCAs or Council members can still ask their clans to change their clan rank to a meaningful rank. So, why not:

Devils Grace
Black Dragon, Master
Cartel, Black Dragon Vice Chairman

or

Dissenter
The City Mercs, Master
Shield, City Mercs Faction Counsellor Assistant

(or any abbreviations, this might be too long). Better IMO than "Cartel, I pwn yoo" or "Shield, if you're red you're dead"

Devils Grace
30-03-04, 16:27
DG you would loose all functunality that you have in your clan.

Im sure that your ingame relative, Marta can help you manage your clan.

Remember that because you are a FCA that you do not have to disinvolve yourself with your clan. That is not what I are saying.

But I would say that If you are a FCA and you openly kill faction members, you wont be a FCA very long. You might even lose your affiliation with the Dragons all together.

All in all you dont lose anything, if you want the fame one of your forms of identification needs to change.

If you will continue to OP fight, you will also lose the ability to gene replicate into a Cartel underground. You loose all perks you get from being in the said clan.

i metioned the tag just cause of the fact almost no one know who they are unless they say so or u go to the citicom and see.

what i atcually want is someoen to actually perform that role, in a more representive way in game (not on citicom)

so i have to leave the clan, with that char if im elected Chairman but not if im vice chairman.....

and btw u know me to well :wtf: :p

i dont kill BD unless im attacked 1st
yea i kill some allied but only kuz they choose to help our enemies (comon allies to them) wich i dont think its lame. but its a choice.

i like the infame i have now hehe thx.

honest i just would like to see that job actually work in a roleplay way

WebShock
30-03-04, 16:41
LOL

I want to be a FCA too!

Brammers
30-03-04, 18:52

Hello Mr Orlovski, so you are still alive and kicking in Tangent? :D

ooc: The tag would be good and helpful. But for the time being in most cases (Not all) one can change their clan tag to help.

Brammers
Chairman to Fallen Angels

steweygrrr
31-03-04, 00:05

After being CA faction chairman for two consectutive 'terms' on uranus and trying to arrange events etc, unite the faction, I just gave up. No one wanted to RP a united CA....

That and I had precisely NO support from the FC in coordinating any events (but now I know why that is...hope everything has turned out ok), even submitted an ingame ticket and did as it says .....but still nothing

-FN-
31-03-04, 00:12
We just made a rank in SXR called "Faction Councillor Assistant" and made the FCA that rank... problem solved.

Vincent Starck
31-03-04, 08:33
Originally posted by steweygrrr
even submitted an ingame ticket and did as it says .....but still nothing
Faction Counsellors can't read ingame support tickets as they are not supposed to support.

Arbiter
31-03-04, 17:14
Indeed, you need to mail them either ingame or out of game. The mail addy for out of game is usually firstname.lastname@neocron.com

Exceptions are Pavel Mikhael Orlovski (Tangent, german, PM.Orlovski@...) and Julius Maximillian Ashpool (ProtoPharma, german, JM.Ashpool@...).

If your own counsellors don't answer, a counsellor of an allied faction may help out. A list of all counsellors can be found in the respective thread in the global RP forum.

steweygrrr
31-03-04, 20:36
Faction Counsellors can't read ingame support tickets as they are not supposed to support.

I know :), I was advised to email Tenshu or Hoenypot regarding the event, but didnt get a reply and I couldnt contact my FC to get anything arranged because of....mitigating circumstances.

Arbiter
03-04-04, 02:49
gm-events@neocron.com should work on those cases as well, and I also have an e-mail adress (Arbiter@neocron.com)