PDA

View Full Version : [THREADS MERGED]Biotech epic can no longer be done...

manderf
28-03-04, 04:51
the biotech epic can't be done any longer due to overspawning of DOY scout units and "johhny 5s" or whatever.

the zone where you have to go to the ancient village up in the desert has over 120 DOY bots, which annhilate you at EVERY point on the zoneline. Yes. EVERY point. I went back about 6 times to try different parts of the zone and there are atleast 20 bots visible from any place.

I thought to myself "damn, lame, guess i will get a ppu to come with me"...
Even with holy shelter, duranium 4, holy heal, still just get fucked up when you try to take on 25 DOY scout units....

the PPU couldn't even rezz me cause of there being so much fire on him

and since soul clusters don't work he couldn't do that to distract them...not that it would help since even PPUs die when they have around 10 of these bots shooting at them.

Hence, I deem the epic impossible to finish as of this week since the increased DOY bot spawns.

So much for wasting that 300k to go biotech, 3 hours of missions, and the time spent doing the rest of the epic before this point.

Please consider these things before you make spawns go fucking insane next time....

guess i'll let my account expire since i just wasted so much time :(

naimex
28-03-04, 05:17
lol, yea sure..

a minor setback and youre gonna leave the game....

DoY friendly PPU ???

just a thought ;)

Marx
28-03-04, 05:18
Have you tried thinning out the groups?

Perhaps ask or hire people to assist in thinning out?

Maybe a DoY friendly PPU?

Maybe having several PPU's stapled to you - because frankly, if you have decent x-ray / force resist, a PPU can make you godlike against DoY bots.

I'm sorry that you have to think outside the box to get your epic done, instead of handed to you.

Best of luck.

Mattimeo
28-03-04, 05:24
because god forbid anyone solo or anything like that...

Biznatchy
28-03-04, 05:28
Originally posted by Marx
Have you tried thinning out the groups?

Perhaps ask or hire people to assist in thinning out?

Maybe a DoY friendly PPU?

Maybe having several PPU's stapled to you - because frankly, if you have decent x-ray / force resist, a PPU can make you godlike against DoY bots.

I'm sorry that you have to think outside the box to get your epic done, instead of handed to you.

Best of luck.

Maybe you should just clam up. Having the gm's do shit like this and people like you bashing on them also is shit. The guys has a valid point, the doy bot spawns are crap we all know it. The guy is pissed and has the right to be so. Have some respect for other people.

As far as getting some random anti city ppu to help you is a long shot. Not every one is in a clan with 140ish members that have alts in all factions.

Marx
28-03-04, 05:34
Originally posted by Biznatchy
Maybe you should just clam up. Having the gm's do shit like this and people like you bashing on them also is shit. The guys has a valid point, the doy bot spawns are crap we all know it. The guy is pissed and has the right to be so. Have some respect for other people.

God forbid something in this game actually requires some thought.

You talk about respect for other people, how about some respect for the GM's? They're not responsible for plotline development.

:rolleyes:

As far as getting some random anti city ppu to help you is a long shot. Not every one is in a clan with 140ish members that have alts in all factions.

I was unclanned and hired a FA PPU to help me.

Gee. So hard.

I still cry at nights.

SypH
28-03-04, 05:41
It is kinda crazy up there. I took a drive up round the north of the map yesterday and I dont think I have ever seen so many DoY bots on the map. I was driving along the road in k_14 and I counted at least 50 DoY bots, and that was just a small part of the sector!

amfest
28-03-04, 05:42
well it is part of the ongoing story being written that are actually affecting the game itself. I think it's great that we hear about there being tons of bots coming out of the DOY gates and then ingame you go there and see it's for real. try what suggestions have been said already.

On another note. Not everyone has the easiest time. Life doens't always let you have it like everyone else. I know it's a game but the story is moving. (not as much as I would like it >_< ) It's like finally getting out of high school, you recieve a car, and propse to your sweetheart and then a war breaks out and you're drafted. Thems the breaks.

Biznatchy
28-03-04, 05:47
God forbid something in this game actually requires some thought.

You talk about respect for other people, how about some respect for the GM's? They're not responsible for plotline development.

[b]

Gee. So hard.

I still cry at nights.

The plotline is what it is. There still could be some thought in putting massive bots at the entrances to bdoy but keeping the sectors around the entrances down. The plotline doesnt need to be this silly. Maybe the gm's could provide some feedback to help fix problems instead of just saying tough shit.

BTW fix soulclusters broken since patch 197

Marx
28-03-04, 05:50
The plotline is what it is. There still could be some thought in putting massive bots at the entrances to bdoy but keeping the sectors around the entrances down. The plotline doesnt need to be this silly. Maybe the gm's could provide some feedback to help fix problems instead of just saying tough shit.

BTW fix soulclusters broken since patch 197

How is it broken?

YOU CAN STILL DO IT.

Oh it's harder to do now? Cry me a river. Epics are a joke because all they are is a time sink.

Boohoo, you have to think laterally.

Shadow Dancer
28-03-04, 05:56
Marx he said the spawn was overdone. Maybe the spawn was normal when you did it?

Marx
28-03-04, 05:57
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Marx he said the spawn was overdone. Maybe the spawn was normal when you did it?

I helped a friend through that the other day using his anti-city PPU account.

He died several times, but still got it done.

I don't see where the problem is.

extract
28-03-04, 06:00
How is it broken?

YOU CAN STILL DO IT.

Oh it's harder to do now? Cry me a river. Epics are a joke because all they are is a time sink.

Boohoo, you have to think laterally.

Ive always thought biotech epic was the hardest before this, with the going to loba, and the whole TT HQ raid.....Altho I always tend to do epics early on....

however with the DOY spawn rate.....Im thinking the only way to do it now is with stealth.....which would require you to one, be a spy, and two be high level....because stealth 1 wont cut it out there.....

so yes marx youre absolutely right, it still can be done, just the way it can be done now is shit.....altho hell it can actually be called an epic now eh?

anyways yea it sucks......I thought the "guess Ill cancel my account cause I wasted time" remark was a bit imature, and pointless, havent you realized that they really dont care what you do with your account, youve already paid......

amfest
28-03-04, 06:01
people ask for people of a certain faction to do a epic kill .. will pay well and have ppu to rez

I don't see what would be hard for advertising you need a DOY allied faction ppu to help finish a part of the biotech epic . will pay well. Might take a while but I'm sure someone would help.

ResurgencE
28-03-04, 09:17
I completed the BT epic on my tank 2 days ago, and it barely took me anytime whatsoever. Didnt require stealth to get past the DoY bots or even the TT guards. In fact, the final mission at TT HQ took me all of 2 seconds, it was that simple. Of course, this requires prior knowledge of some basic things.

1) I gr'd to El Farid, headed north and zoned, headed east until i was in the sector north to loba, and then descended south, thus avoiding the major spawns.

2) If thats too difficult to figure out, ride a rhino through them. Ive done it without my spy having to repair the vehicle since damage wasnt critical (though i must admit, the Johnny 5's do more damage than your average WB).

3) The final mission is painfully simple. Just waltz in, head to the topmost floor without stopping, shoot the director in the noggin, and beat feet. It was shocking how incredibly easy it was. I thought i'd require a ppu atleast. If you think im bluffing (Though theres no reason you should, since its common knowledge that the faction guards dont open fire immediately), log on to Saturn and ill demonstrate for you with my tank.

Enjoy the moveon.

Biznatchy
28-03-04, 09:21
I helped a friend through that the other day using his anti-city PPU account.

He died several times, but still got it done.

I don't see where the problem is.

Gee. So hard.

I still cry at nights.

[/B]

So are we to understand you have been to lobo as a city faction twice in the last two days when the spawns were given the x10 factor. Get your story straight. Im pretty sure FA gets shot by them also. Not sure any ppu can pull off a res with 10 doy bots shooting him.

I think your just making shit up and havnt even seen what is up there.

Biznatchy
28-03-04, 09:23
Originally posted by ResurgencE
I completed the BT epic on my tank 2 days ago, and it barely took me anytime whatsoever. Didnt require stealth to get past the DoY bots or even the TT guards. In fact, the final mission at TT HQ took me all of 2 seconds, it was that simple. Of course, this requires prior knowledge of some basic things.

1) I gr'd to El Farid, headed north and zoned, headed east until i was in the sector north to loba, and then descended south, thus avoiding the major spawns.

2) If thats too difficult to figure out, ride a rhino through them. Ive done it without my spy having to repair the vehicle since damage wasnt critical (though i must admit, the Johnny 5's do more damage than your average WB).

3) The final mission is painfully simple. Just waltz in, head to the topmost floor without stopping, shoot the director in the noggin, and beat feet. It was shocking how incredibly easy it was. I thought i'd require a ppu atleast. If you think im bluffing (Though theres no reason you should, since its common knowledge that the faction guards dont open fire immediately), log on to Saturn and ill demonstrate for you with my tank.

Enjoy the moveon.

2 days ago there wasnt 100 in each sector.

ResurgencE
28-03-04, 09:24
Ive seen whats up there. Im telling you, i completed the epic solo, not 2 days ago. Not trying to blow my own trumptet here. Im trying to tell you not to get discouraged, because you just ran into some bad luck due to entering the wrong zones, thats all.

Biznatchy, you're on Saturn with me. ill help you out in this regard.

ResurgencE
28-03-04, 09:26
2 days ago there wasnt 100 in each sector.

So over the course of 2 days, they upped the spawn of DoY bots? Was this mentioned in the neochronicle? (Havent read it yet). If so, it could be part of the storyline. Nevertheless, try the route i delineated for you, and if that doesnt work, ride up there in a tank.

[/Edit] *Whistles. Take a look at this:

Neochronicle: As predicted, the Dome of York Bots did not stop to pour out of the gates of Dome of York like a giant mechanical tidal wave. Now the entire Northern Desert is practically crawling with Dome of York Scout Bots. It seems to be only a matter of time before Dome of York has claimed the entire northern Wastelands.

Screwed.

Birkoff
28-03-04, 11:01
You know what yopur doign right? An EEEPPIICC mssion IMO they should all be that hard if not harder, i agree with marx all they are is a time sink, they should have meaning, be hard, you should have to go out of your way and not jsut walk around a bit pay 2 ppl do die in the sewers and then be apparently a master of the faction. Epics are great but they still need work :)

Do any of the things ppl have said + on pluto at least the DOY bot spawns are lower.

Archeus
28-03-04, 11:22
I drove someone up there in a Rhino. He was hostile to them, but I wasn't. While we were teamed they left us alone.

Oh yea, and the bot spawns are absolutly insane. quite funny.

Aziraphale
28-03-04, 11:23
Originally posted by Birkoff
You know what yopur doign right? An EEEPPIICC mssion IMO they should all be that hard if not harder, i agree with marx all they are is a time sink, they should have meaning, be hard, you should have to go out of your way and not jsut walk around a bit pay 2 ppl do die in the sewers and then be apparently a master of the faction.

Amen, they should be a real challenge which you can enjoy taking part in, not just a time sink.
I fairly enjoyed my epic run personally, but it was a little easy. The only bit that annoyed me was the Loba village run, but even so, easy money.

Oath
28-03-04, 11:39
Did it 2 days ago solo, it's not that bad.

Though 150 deaths was a little.........'much' :lol:

Tratos
28-03-04, 11:48
Pulling some facts into play here for those who havnt seen or read them.

From the Neocronicle 19 March 2004
Due to unknown reasons, the Dome of York has ordered a sally of Defense Bots. The sectors with the Gates of Dome of York are pretty much crawling with Defense Scout Units of the Dome of York. There are still Bots pouring out of the giant gates of the Dome, and they are likely to also hit the surrounding sectors. CityAdmin reacted and tripled its production of Elite S.T.O.R.M. Bot Units. "We want to be ready for whatever the Dome has to offer", stated Officer Jenna from the NCPD. "We do not want to jump to conclusions, but given the circumstances, it is pretty clear what the Dome is up to. If they plan to attack us by surprise, they have another thing coming, though. It takes more than a few Scout Bots to be a danger to us."

Right now, CityAdmin is monitoring the Dome of York movements from a sattelite camera. It is also planned to erect small spying outposts to be able to react flexibly on all movements. Should the requirement arise that we come to our Elite S.T.O.R.M. Bots help, we will write about it here. You are strongly recommended to read the Neocronicle weekly, and encourage everyone else to do so, too.

From the Neocronicle 26 March 2004

As predicted, the Dome of York Bots did not stop to pour out of the gates of Dome of York like a giant mechanical tidal wave. Now the entire Northern Desert is practically crawling with Dome of York Scout Bots. It seems to be only a matter of time before Dome of York has claimed the entire northern Wastelands. CityAdmin is still preparing their counter-strike, and already announced that they are well capable of withholding the massive force the enemy is sending our way. "Yes, it is a massive presence of Dome of York Bots", stated CityAdmin to the Press. "So what? Do you think they are the only ones capable of construcing a massive Bot force? If you would see our Storage Halls full of Elite S.T.O.R.M. Bots, you would not be asking any questions. We are doing the final adjustments before we send them out, then you will be able to report about the return of the tide, Ladies and Gentlemen."

Some citizens do not seem to be reassured. "I am getting the hell outta here!", said a runner who we encountered as he was leaving the City to live in the Wastelands. "I would rather endure mutants, critters and radioactive contamination than a Dome of York Bot army mowing us down like grass. No freakin' way I am staying! Now let me pass!"

That is the reason for the huge increase in DOY bot spawns, the storyline.

This is what it looks like in the northen sectors now. (http://members.chello.nl/hjw.heezen/J/comcam.gif)

On to the Topic of the thread how ever, it has been stated in this thread and in others that you need to get a DOY friendly PPU to help you and or a Rhino tank, the City Merc Faction Councilor has stated in another thread that you should infact hire a City Merc to assit you, and im sure they will help out for a small fee. :)

It is an epic mission, supposedly the hardest missions in the game, just remember there used to be alot of Y-Rep spawns at Catlock bay, a key location and a pain in the ass to get to in the tangent epic people still managed, with enough thought and effort im sure you'll be able to get your moveon and continue to play.

~Tratos

Archeus
28-03-04, 14:15
lol I thought people were joking about the spawn until I went out to attack Tescom.

http://members.boards.ie/archeus/doybots.jpg

ezza
28-03-04, 15:03
have you tried coming from syncon, thats the way i used to go anyway, and if there aint a load of them in the actually epic sector then its easy, i never bothered with the escador or elfarid genreps to do it

Saza
28-03-04, 16:08
Urm..... Dude I did the Biotech epic on Thursday. I was on as a spy. I ran into loads of Doy Bots. I didnt die once and I only had Stealth 1, which means that it was mainly about avoiding the Doy Bots. Basically, stay on top of the dunes. Then you can see all the Doy Bots near you and tatically avoid them. Not that hard IMO.

Tratos
28-03-04, 16:15
Key word, Thursday

The DOY spawns were increased again on Friday.

~Tratos

Saza
28-03-04, 16:17
Oh. Right. Well still, I think that if you start from a southern OP and go North its should work. Just keep your eyes open and dont move too far without checking all around you.

Archeus
28-03-04, 16:21
Originally posted by Saza
Oh. Right. Well still, I think that if you start from a southern OP and go North its should work. Just keep your eyes open and dont move too far without checking all around you.

Have a look at the screenshot I pasted. No problem trying to find DOY bots, the spawns are totally insane.

*edit. There were about 40 in that screenie, and doesn't point out the huge amount behind me or the ones below the dunes.

Saza
28-03-04, 16:23
Originally posted by Archeus
Have a look at the screenshot I pasted. No problem trying to find DOY bots, the spawns are totally insane.

Have done but thats at Tescom. Is it as bad further south?

Eledhbrant
28-03-04, 16:25
You cannot even ZONE into one of the zones near to Loba Village without getting zoneline-ganked by 20 bots.

As for the people saying "Go from El Farid/Syncon", are you aware that you cannot actually get to these places to tag them in the first place?

I completed the Loba part last night on my new char, do you know what I had to do? I zoned in (on a lowtech PE) to J_11 since Tristar was the nearest OP I had. Wham. Dead.

Got a Crahn PPU to come, rezzed me, i ran 5 feet, died, rezzed, ran, died, eventually dropped my PA which he couldnt carry, so it was rez, run 5 feet, die, ppu tosses PA across zone, rezzes, ran , died, FOR TWO ENTIRE ZONES.

And THEN you have to kill 5 mutant corporals with the Doy bots all over the fucking place. And the guy in the house says the mutants keep him awake?

*EDIT: 400 Posts :D

Aziraphale
28-03-04, 16:45
Originally posted by Eledhbrant
And the guy in the house says the mutants keep him awake?

[edited for violation of the forum rules -- spam]

Archeus
28-03-04, 16:46
Originally posted by Saza
Have done but thats at Tescom. Is it as bad further south?

every zone is like that which had DOY bots in it.

Saza
28-03-04, 16:46
At least DoY bot hunting is easy now.

:p

Aziraphale
28-03-04, 16:47
Where's this army of CopBots then? ;)
Would be awesome to watch them duke it out.

ezza
28-03-04, 17:22
Originally posted by Eledhbrant
You cannot even ZONE into one of the zones near to Loba Village without getting zoneline-ganked by 20 bots.

As for the people saying "Go from El Farid/Syncon", are you aware that you cannot actually get to these places to tag them in the first place?

I completed the Loba part last night on my new char, do you know what I had to do? I zoned in (on a lowtech PE) to J_11 since Tristar was the nearest OP I had. Wham. Dead.

Got a Crahn PPU to come, rezzed me, i ran 5 feet, died, rezzed, ran, died, eventually dropped my PA which he couldnt carry, so it was rez, run 5 feet, die, ppu tosses PA across zone, rezzes, ran , died, FOR TWO ENTIRE ZONES.

And THEN you have to kill 5 mutant corporals with the Doy bots all over the fucking place. And the guy in the house says the mutants keep him awake?

*EDIT: 400 Posts :D in that case KK need to sort there bull shit spawn out

ResurgencE
28-03-04, 17:28
lol...Forgot that he might not have the El Farid GR.

Regardless, i hadnt read the neochronicle until this morning, and then i went to scope out the situation myself. Disregard EVERYTHING i said. That place is swarming with Johnny 5's.

Its not an epic. Its your epitaph.

Spoon
28-03-04, 17:38
Are these A regular spawn or GM spawn, I thinking it's a GM spawn?

I was in a team last night killing the bots at El Farid, and I didn't notice any respawning, it appeared that we were close to cleaning out a good portion of the zone.....

Has anyone noticed if they respawn?

Anyway, if they don't, try going from Tristar or Cajun(I don't think they're spawning in the "I" zones), to the zone south of Loba, and just clear a path north to the village(house) with a group of people......

That's if you can get a foothold in the zone, and not get ganked at the zoneline....

mmmmm, millions of XP, just waiting to be had....

XSuneX
28-03-04, 17:45
I say the best thing to do is just join a Biotech clan for now. Instead of completing the Epic to make your own. If you realy like Biotech and want clan type powers like taking over bases and defending them... Etc...

Or can you just sneak past them all with stealth powers when you get to 90 DEX?

But realy, why wouldn't DOY just have the bots right next to the gates? they would be spending too much monet scatering them all out like that.

Also normaly you might be able to pick them off at a distance but intead you zone right in the middle of them, that is not realistic,

I know you ALL want this game to be realistic.. Right? Or it is not any fun?

TraumaTeam
28-03-04, 18:05
Originally posted by Aziraphale
Where's this army of CopBots then? ;)
Would be awesome to watch them duke it out.

That's what I'm talking about! This type of thing makes me wish there was a CNN-style in-game news channel that would show video of the bots in the Outzone, a shot of the elite STORM bots in storage ["In this footage anonymously obtained by NC-TV..."], and some ShakyCam [tm] shots of an enormous battle taking place between the CopBots and Johnny 5's.

In any case, I'd risk InstaDeath [tm] to hang out on a dune top and watch the battle unfold. It's these type of story-driven events that keep my interest with Neocron. It's so cool to read about things like the dead CopBot in PP and then actually go there and find it.

Back on topic, I tried to do the rad suit run for TT last week and I couldn't make it due to the bots. I accidentally zoned into one spot that was this bad, but nothing like these screenshots. (I actually made it to Loba, but couldn't go get to the snake pit North of there due to the bots). Of course, that was a whole week ago and now I think that both TT and BT runs are off-limits for a bit.

- Nekura

ezza
28-03-04, 19:19
Originally posted by XSuneX
I say the best thing to do is just join a Biotech clan for now. Instead of completing the Epic to make your own. If you realy like Biotech and want clan type powers like taking over bases and defending them... Etc...

umm how many people do the bio tech for the ability to make a bio clan, not many.

there all after the biotech epic prize

Lanigav
28-03-04, 19:24
That vendor in TT must be flat broke with all the money he's shelling out for the giant influx of DoY parts we've been giving him. ;)

At any rate, the only way the Biotech epic can be done now is if you have a DoY friendly person drive a Rhino with you as a passenger or gunner, get you into the sector and close enough to the building to jump out and talk to the NPC, kill the muties with the Rhino, jump back out and talk to the NPC again, and haul butt out there.

Marx
28-03-04, 20:34
So are we to understand you have been to lobo as a city faction twice in the last two days when the spawns were given the x10 factor. Get your story straight. Im pretty sure FA gets shot by them also. Not sure any ppu can pull off a res with 10 doy bots shooting him.

I think your just making shit up and havnt even seen what is up there.

I went when the spawn is normal, seeing as my guy did the PP and BT epic and now resides happily in FA.

My friend did it the other day, and I used his FA PPU account.

Not that hard to understand, is it?

Also, the DoY bots are green to FA... That means they get shot by them... Right?

Jaffo
28-03-04, 20:42
i know for a fact that the epic is possible still as i did it last week wiv my lvl 39 tank. granted i used a hover to get to j13 and find the network bloke.

my advice put 25 points in veh use so u can use a hover tech and go streaight there. dont stop for new thing not even to touch up a drom

i have faith in u :)

ezza
28-03-04, 21:34
Originally posted by smokey69
i know for a fact that the epic is possible still as i did it last week wiv my lvl 39 tank. granted i used a hover to get to j13 and find the network bloke.

my advice put 25 points in veh use so u can use a hover tech and go streaight there. dont stop for new thing not even to touch up a drom

i have faith in u :) that was last week

they have increased the spawn of mobs since then, if you really want to see Gr to escador and have alook

Invertigo
28-03-04, 21:54
not to dissagree you you or anything marx, but TBH he shouldnt HAVE to hire people to help him with HIS epic, yes he can...but it shouldnt have to be done.

thats the point.... end of story:D

cRazy2003
28-03-04, 22:19
its easy as hell to do the epic, i just did it a few days ago :p
what i did was just GR'd to tech haven (or MB) use the vhc depot and got my hovertec out, then drove there, then once done, drove to the nearest OP, hid the vhc somewhere, and GR'd back to NC to leave the hovertec to respawn providing no one found it, and they didnt :p , u cud also hire someone to drive u there, or if u had to just gr to the nearest OP and walk, providing u were careful, stealth always helps when walking in those situations to

Marx
28-03-04, 22:25
Originally posted by Invertigo
not to dissagree you you or anything marx, but TBH he shouldnt HAVE to hire people to help him with HIS epic, yes he can...but it shouldnt have to be done.

thats the point.... end of story:D

Oh, but I bet he hires people for the epic kill - pretty much everyone does nowadays.

Whats the difference?

jiga
28-03-04, 22:46
maybe they shuldn't have increased the doy spawns in loba zone or not have any in that zone at all

alig
28-03-04, 22:56
Thread starter....dude what are you on about? ive done the biotech about 5 times since lots of jonny 5's have been there....use your brain to avoid them or get on a hovertech and drive past them all....hell i even did it with a low rank spyo_O

Organics
28-03-04, 23:00
Mmmm Ali, have you seen how many there are now? :D

I went there yesterday with my PP Tank, to say the spawn was a little OTT is understating it by alot :p

Before you even get in several of the zones you sync in dead, because there are so many J5's or whatever along the zone lines, you simply can't drive through them if you haven't even sync'd in yet.

alig
28-03-04, 23:02
Oh, well last time i did it was about 3 weeks ago and there seemed a fair few....hundred but i guess its got out of kk's control now:lol: :p

Organics
28-03-04, 23:04
Yup ;)

When I went there I actually sync'd in ok, unfortunately as soon as the black sync screen was gone and I had control, my health was already down to half. Attempting to back out was a perfect exercise in futility as there were also several J5's behind me, even though I was right on the zone line. So it made things a little difficult ;)

(edit: tbh I think they should move the NPC that you need to talk to or whatever for the Biotech epic to somewhere else for the time being, because wading through all those J5's isn't really fair since you never had to do it before the 850% spawn upgrade :p They can always move him back later.)

manderf
28-03-04, 23:26
Some of you aren't even fucking reading this shit before you post...

LOOK AT THE SPAWNS NOW

FYI, I have NO friends who are anticity PPUs, hence there's no one to help me...

I don't even know any anti city PPUs...

To those who reccomended vehicles: Tried that...hovertec got fucking blown up within 6 seconds of zoning

Marx, how bout you switch to biotech with me and we can watch you do the epic all by yourself. BY YOURSELF. It's impossible and that's that. the only reason i play neocron through all the buggy shit and other bullshit is becaues it's the only game that you can have fun with soloing.

all i am saying is this:

2 weeks ago I did the biotech epic. Fine. Did it in 90 minutes. Dodged the occasional DOY scout unit like i did the other 10 times I did this epic.

Yesterday I go in...there is not a SINGLE place to zone into the loba village zone

I would find someone who could drive me in on a tank, but I don't know a SINGLE driver on Pluto. Not a SINGLE one.

Hey, marx...

wanna be constructing and help me rather than be a shit and just flame everyone who says something constructive?

Do you know any anticity people who can drive a rhino on pluto who would be willing to help me? If so, then tell me who please. If not, then get the fuck outa here.

Scikar
28-03-04, 23:28
Got any friends with a Rhino?

manderf
28-03-04, 23:29
Originally posted by Scikar
Got any friends with a Rhino?

I already said no :(

Know anyone on Pluto who can drive one? cause i don't :(

ezza
29-03-04, 00:06
http://ezzaneocron.20megsfree.com/images/shot0002.jpg :eek:

Marx
29-03-04, 01:45
Originally posted by manderf
LOOK AT THE SPAWNS NOW

FYI, I have NO friends who are anticity PPUs, hence there's no one to help me...

Marx, how bout you switch to biotech with me and we can watch you do the epic all by yourself. BY YOURSELF. It's impossible and that's that. the only reason i play neocron through all the buggy shit and other bullshit is becaues it's the only game that you can have fun with soloing.

all i am saying is this:

2 weeks ago I did the biotech epic. Fine. Did it in 90 minutes. Dodged the occasional DOY scout unit like i did the other 10 times I did this epic.

Hey, marx...

wanna be constructing and help me rather than be a shit and just flame everyone who says something constructive?

Do you know any anticity people who can drive a rhino on pluto who would be willing to help me? If so, then tell me who please. If not, then get the fuck outa here.

I was out there the other day. Just because there are alot of DoY bots in the zone doesn't mean they're always going to be in your way at every moment. They do move you know.

FYI, I never said get a friend who's a PPU. I said hire one. Money makes friends - and frankly if people are willing to pay for an epic kill, they should be willing to pay for assistance like this.

I already did the Biotech epic, and frankly, if I have a problem in doing it by myself, I'm not going to be a retard and continue to try and do it by myself. Haven't you ever heard the addage of "If you lose, bring 'friends'"?

Yes, you can solo in the game, but don't expect it to be easy all the time. You want something changed? I ask you again, WHY. I was able to help my friend with his epic the other day as I was playing his PPU... If it was broken and what you're saying is true, he wouldn't have his moveon now, would he?

Lastly, what I said was constructive. Hire a freakin' anti-city PPU. They won't get attacked, they can keep you alive, they can raise you from the dead. Oh, that differs from your "OMG< FIX IT IT BROKE KK" stance... Therefore, I'm the wrong one.

You want to find people to help you, get ingame and look. You make it sound as if its impossible - It's impossible because its blatenly obvious you haven't even tried yet.

You want to solo? Go find your help by yourself.

amfest
29-03-04, 01:48
Some of you aren't even fucking reading this shit before you post...

yea that's a problem with this forum they think they know it all and just read the topic take a few keywords and already assume they know what the first post says. But then again that comes from alot of people posting the same topics over and over again. So I guess its people who are just tired of reading the same thing but to them I suggest just not posting . lol. I try and take the time to weed through the posts as best as I can.

Anyhow I would help you as I"m FA but when they did the nerf waaaayyyy back on hybrids with the 30% hit i think it was I stopped playing my monk. and Now I can't even rez with the reqs :\ sorry

Kenjuten
29-03-04, 02:32
You might not be able to rez with the reqs, but the nerf was lowered to 5% instead of 30%. :)

On Topic: Holy fuck, that's a lot of 'em. 8|

Least Kenjuten can walk around them in peace.. :D

I know, I know, /lame. But hey, during my spring break I intend on working more regularly on my hybrid, and since he has some VHC capability, I can probably help drive people later on.

hinch
29-03-04, 10:17
it is possiable its just hard

I ppu'd for quinn last night took us about 2 hours to get her out there she's a melee tank

from that hill in your first picture we just dan directly to the thingie she died once i ressed and did a quick heal/shelt tag and she meade it with only one res

so it is posiable its just hard

hivemind
29-03-04, 16:01
CORE did it last night with a small team. We had one PPU, and he was hostile to DoY. It took a lot of work, and a few of us died a few times, but at the end the guy got the epic done, and everyone but me and one APU made it out. Lots of fun, and great XP too. :)

We often had to stop to draw them off a few at a time to clear a path, and yeah, the hills are your friends. Try coming at it from the south.

Also, be aware that you can kill five corporals BEFORE you go out there and the mission will work. ;)

Aziraphale
29-03-04, 16:59
I already said no :(

Know anyone on Pluto who can drive one? cause i don't :(

I can, but Im Biotech too so I'm pro-city, so we'd get ********** =/

El Barto
29-03-04, 17:28
Well if a small thing like that makes you quite, wish you left sooner.

manderf
29-03-04, 17:42
well zonevortex who posts on my account has left this game about 10 times. But this game is like heroine, you cant leave................

Clownst0pper
29-03-04, 17:55
Rhino tank is your friend :D

Q`alooaith
29-03-04, 18:20
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
Rhino tank is your friend :D

Agreed, what's it got, 90% resist to Xray, or somthing like that.

You just need to hire somone to drive you there, maybe somone to gun and somone to repair as well so they can clear a small area so you can do the epic mission, then back out.. easy..

Anyway, has anyone tryed the northern pass, just keep heading north from TH and then follow the edge of the world till your near the doy gates, it's normaly clear enough that you can walk it.

manderf
30-03-04, 01:22
[edited for violation of the forum rules]

Kenjuten
30-03-04, 01:26
Ever thought DoY'll fix a lot of the bugs?

Maybe that's why they're not doing much in this game?

Oh, but I forgot, people want DX9 fixes in their DX7 game NOW! :eek:

Impatient punks.

Mattimeo
30-03-04, 01:27
Originally posted by Kenjuten

Maybe that's why they're not doing much in this game?

Oh, but I forgot, people want DX9 fixes in their DX7 game NOW! :eek:

Impatient punks.

Brainless sheep.

Glok
30-03-04, 01:31
Mattimeo, I read your posts and I wonder, why are you here? You clearly hate the game, KK, and the community, so wtf are you sticking around for? :confused:

Kenjuten
30-03-04, 01:32
Nope, I simply stated ONE example.

I'm not preaching DoY will be our salvation, but if you can call me a sheep just for what I said, I can call you an impatient punk for not waiting for DoY, which is currently taking a huge chunk of time out of KK's life.

Ever thought about why they can't do all the optimum ideas and fixes we and consequently they want?

Edit: Oh yeah...they also are working on another game at the same time, right? Another example... =\

Mattimeo
30-03-04, 02:01
Originally posted by Glok
Mattimeo, I read your posts and I wonder, why are you here? You clearly hate the game, KK, and the community, so wtf are you sticking around for? :confused:

Wrong. I like the game, and some of the "community".

I stick around because frankly, I like the game, just not most other things involved with it.

It is not impatient to expect a game I paid and continue to pay for to work properly.

You're right tho, Glok. I have an incredibly bad view of KK, but honestly, what good things can I draw from to attempt to fix my image of them? The reckless spawn events? the hostile attitude of their support policys? the rampant and unfixed bugs? The heavy handed administration of these forums? The never ceasing delays of anything with a deadline (and not just DOY)?

KK as a company IMHO is the second worst to ever produce an MMOG. And thats only because EA activly (instead of passivly) abuses their customers.

*shrug* if this one doesn't get me at least a temp ban I'll be shocked.

Glok
30-03-04, 02:04
Originally posted by Mattimeo
*shrug* if this one doesn't get me at least a temp ban I'll be shocked. LOL dude. :)

You have a right to your opinions of course. Myself, I couldn't care less what KK do as long as they don't ban me from the game. I love the world they have made.

Twitch
30-03-04, 02:36
Nope, I simply stated ONE example.

I'm not preaching DoY will be our salvation, but if you can call me a sheep just for what I said, I can call you an impatient punk for not waiting for DoY, which is currently taking a huge chunk of time out of KK's life.

Ever thought about why they can't do all the optimum ideas and fixes we and consequently they want?

Edit: Oh yeah...they also are working on another game at the same time, right? Another example... =\

hi doy was promised to come out like well over a year ago, and you're pretty retarded if you call us punks for being angry with the fact that we're paying a subscription fee which is supposed to include support, development, patches, etc and yet we see very little change.

lose the ignorance, and the fanboi bullshit, nobody's buying it.

manderf
30-03-04, 05:23
Originally posted by Twitch
hi doy was promised to come out like well over a year ago, and you're pretty retarded if you call us punks for being angry with the fact that we're paying a subscription fee which is supposed to include support, development, patches, etc and yet we see very little change.

lose the ignorance, and the fanboi bullshit, nobody's buying it.

fuck yeah, true dat

[edited violation of fourm rules][freya]

Bl@zed
30-03-04, 05:32
they need to move the guy to somewhere in outzone, and have the people doing the epics kill the mutants out there, end of story.

Kenjuten
30-03-04, 05:48
You can call me blind that I 'believe' in KK and DoY.
I can call you blind that you 'believe' I'm a fanboy.

So long as the both of us deny what the other says, rightfully or not, no one will benefit.

The only thing going for me really is logic...
What you rely on is your prejudice.

Lanigav
30-03-04, 05:54
Well this is quickly turning retarded.

Whatever happened to agreeing to disagree instead of degenerating into picky crap that means nothing?

Kenjuten
30-03-04, 05:58
People being bitchy throughout this thread, that's what... :p

On Topic: Many people say that this epic is still do-able very easily, so I'm kind of at a loss as to why people actually ARE being bitchy about it...

Then again, if it's the kind of pain where you accidentally touch something hot (or to make it more similar, running over a floor of hot coals with bare feet), I suppose I understand very well actually.

But to me it's nothing to give up on. :angel:

Lanigav
30-03-04, 06:02
Well, its easy if you're a veteran player who knows what to do and how to get around the DoY agression, and well connected enough to get someone of a friendly faction to drive a Rhino out there with you as a passenger.

If you're just Joe Runner who's relatively new, doesn't know many people (especially those of a DoY friendly faction), and just likes to fly solo, then you're screwed.

Kenjuten
30-03-04, 06:07
Heh

Ever read Invisible Man? Not the sci-fi one.

Dude felt he wasn't appreciated all that much...but part of the problem was him not making his self known.

If I could apply it here: Frankly, I do not believe I would have been able to make the connections I have (although most are in fact frail because of not only my low game time but because of my lack of exposure to the high-end section of the game) if I stayed quiet on the forums and the channels... the connections I speak of are almost nothing, as I said, but it's a good start.

There's many ways to get by life, and consequently Neocron...just gotta find your own way about it, I suppose.

Cyphor
30-03-04, 06:39
Ok gave up reading this thread when it turned into flames etc...

Anyway not sure if my sugestions have been said already but:
if your a tank or apu (or lowtech pe, melee pe etc) get a ppu, if poss a doy allied one if not souldnt matter too much work your way around where the doy spawn is less and kill them, yes doy bots are everywhere in the NE atm however they only group up in huge numbers in certain parts of certain sectors.

If your a pe or spy stealth :p you can sex them if you want (prob not a good idea on a pe due to only 10 secs :) ) In stealth they wont touch you.

So yes it might be harder but no more so than the tangent epic when it first came out with y-reps at catlock, its doable just takes abit of thought :angel:

Also if you fall into the first catorgory (having to fight your way through) and find yourself having probs finding a route, find a friendly droner to get their agro and lead them away ;) if he uses a fast drone he should be able to move them out of your way so you can run past.

Anyways just sugestions, hope you manage to find a way.

Biznatchy
30-03-04, 06:45
You can call me blind that I 'believe' in KK and DoY.
I can call you blind that you 'believe' I'm a fanboy.

So long as the both of us deny what the other says, rightfully or not, no one will benefit.

The only thing going for me really is logic...
What you rely on is your prejudice.

This just made me laugh. Name one piece of logic that points to any conclusion that KK can put a patch out without adding almost as many bugs as they fix. Much less put out a complete game over hual without tons of bugs.

Each and every patch ive been here for fixed a few things and screwed up others.

So im intrested in your logic that DOY will not add more bugs and will fix any of the bugs we have.

I truly hope we are wrong about this but there is not a shred that points that we are.

BTW if you think the biotech epic is hard. Try to get to the graves and get snake minion teeth for the city admin one. Better hope you know a droner in anti city faction real well.

Biznatchy
30-03-04, 06:50
Originally posted by Cyphor

Also if you fall into the first catorgory (having to fight your way through) and find yourself having probs finding a route, find a friendly droner to get their agro and lead them away ;) if he uses a fast drone he should be able to move them out of your way so you can run past.

Anyways just sugestions, hope you manage to find a way.

You have zero idea of whats up there as do most of the other people that have posted that it can be done. The only guy that got by it had a ppu res him 150 times.

drones get bashed pretty hard by doy bots. I used a RG1000 and it got toasted pretty fast. Used a gal 1000, its faster and goes higher. Lasted like two shots. PB20 was next, didnt last but a few shots more then the gal.

That was against two doy bots. Now just think of 40. lol

Kenjuten
30-03-04, 06:51
You could have gotten the message by now, but I suppose I'll spell it out...

People on this thread don't want there to be flamers. I suggest you hold your fire for now.

I said my piece concerning the off-topic material.

If you really want to press it, PM.

Edit: I'm not necessarily saying people are still flaming, but the only thing that could result in pushing the issue publicly in reality is more flaming, which the people here don't want.

manderf
30-03-04, 07:02
Fuckin A why are we talking about this

thanks to the people who are actually giving suggestions...

Searched all day for someone who could drive a rhino and nothing...

found someone to drive me in the red car and we got wasted, even though he was anticity

ugh

i am outa ideas

PPU: Tried and failed
Car: tried and failed
Every single spot on the zoneline: camped by atleast 15 DOY bots that still fucked me up as a tank in all duranium 4 with holy shelter

Kenjuten
30-03-04, 07:06
You absolutely need the Rhino or another interior'd vehicle. It's armored and has an interior, with very good resists in case.

The red thingamajig just won't cut it, as you saw...

Hm.

Kristarina's going to be a good driver...perhaps I'll work on her and give you a ride sometime? I just need the Rhino and some levels...

Probably going to have to wait a few days, but I can do it if you really want.

Edit: Fuck...you're Pluto, aren't you? If not, I can't help well. Sowwy. :(

I could work from scratch on another server, I suppose, if just to.

What server are you on?

manderf
30-03-04, 08:30
naaah it's ok Kenjuten

i'm on pluto but i give up

Scikar
30-03-04, 10:05
Wait until Friday. Remember that big load of Elite Storm Bots sitting in a storage cell? They have to come out and fight the DoY bots at some point.

Mr_Snow
30-03-04, 11:22
KK really should of left the DOY spawn the way it was in that sector tbh but that would of required thinking first, but just because theres stupid amounts of DOYs about doesnt make it impossible use an anti-city ppu he can res and pick up belts as you try run towards the village.

But meh people think that in a mmorpg that they should be able to do everything by themselves.

Spex
30-03-04, 13:15
BTW if you think the biotech epic is hard. Try to get to the graves and get snake minion teeth for the city admin one. Better hope you know a droner in anti city faction real well.

But contrary to the BT epic you don't need to be physically present in the graves, you only need the teeth which you can buy/get from other runners. For BT epic you need to talk to the guy in the ruin and then kill 5 mutants ... and that all with the overly friendly DoY bots close by.

Glok
30-03-04, 13:17
I guess MOVEON prices will be going up eh? Lucky I bought mine a few weeks ago. ;)

ezza
30-03-04, 13:19
anyone want to trade my spare move on for a DS :D

Jesterthegreat
30-03-04, 13:45
the biotech epic can't be done any longer due to overspawning of DOY scout units and "johhny 5s" or whatever.

the zone where you have to go to the ancient village up in the desert has over 120 DOY bots, which annhilate you at EVERY point on the zoneline. Yes. EVERY point. I went back about 6 times to try different parts of the zone and there are atleast 20 bots visible from any place.

I thought to myself "damn, lame, guess i will get a ppu to come with me"...
Even with holy shelter, duranium 4, holy heal, still just get fucked up when you try to take on 25 DOY scout units....

the PPU couldn't even rezz me cause of there being so much fire on him

and since soul clusters don't work he couldn't do that to distract them...not that it would help since even PPUs die when they have around 10 of these bots shooting at them.

Hence, I deem the epic impossible to finish as of this week since the increased DOY bot spawns.

So much for wasting that 300k to go biotech, 3 hours of missions, and the time spent doing the rest of the epic before this point.

Please consider these things before you make spawns go fucking insane next time....

guess i'll let my account expire since i just wasted so much time :(

i did it about a week ago on my (then) <<< hc tank...

get 25 veh, get hover tech, go past DoY bots before they target you

greploco
30-03-04, 14:18
hover works very well, as long as you aren't a spy (they vaporize under doy bot fire) and you can manage to take a couple shots as you zone in

Jesterthegreat
30-03-04, 14:39
Originally posted by greploco
hover works very well, as long as you aren't a spy (they vaporize under doy bot fire) and you can manage to take a couple shots as you zone in

i assume your kiding... my spy (PA on) takes near no damage from DoY bots... in fact with all buffs goin and a heal runnin i may even out heal them?

with a PPU i could kill 3 of them without moving (pistol spy, Lib, crouched in the open)

Oath
30-03-04, 16:17
Originally posted by Glok
I guess MOVEON prices will be going up eh? Lucky I bought mine a few weeks ago. ;)

LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOLLERCOPTERS!!11111111

Lmao, well luckily i just did the epic.............lets wait and see :p

hivemind
30-03-04, 16:51
You have zero idea of whats up there as do most of the other people that have posted that it can be done. The only guy that got by it had a ppu res him 150 times.
Did you not read my post? I was in a team of runners, all city factions except one APU, who helped a Biotech tank do this epic Sunday night.

We had 1 PPU.

We had one jeep (which we abandoned early on)

We all lived until he finished the mission, at which point we didn't much care anymore. I went on a sprint to draw aggro while everyone else ran like a bastard straight south from Loba Village. They all escaped except one other APU, who tapped out like I did (so the PPU would keep running :) )

All it took was some coordination. We used the one anti-city guy and a spy with an Obliterator to scout, and two APUs and three tanks to kill the few we had to get out of the way. DOY bots have a very small range to see you and go aggro. It's not that hard to get by them if you're careful and work together.

manderf
30-03-04, 16:53
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
i did it about a week ago on my (then) <<< hc tank...

get 25 veh, get hover tech, go past DoY bots before they target you

Gaaaaaahhhhh

Read the rest of the posts!

They just added these increased spawns on FRIDAY and saturday...3 days ago....

I did it last week too! BUt before they increased the spawns! now I can't do it again cause of this

Did you even look at the screen shots of the zones? There are over 250 bots in that zone

and it only takes one to kill me

and NO there's NO way around them i just fucking looked on a hovertech and got fucking blown to bits while in synch

Kenjuten
30-03-04, 17:21
Eh, this shit is annoying me.

Thursday I'm gonna start making a Anti-City Rhino Vehicle service on all servers to help with this shit. =\

Marx
30-03-04, 18:02
and NO there's NO way around them i just fucking looked on a hovertech and got fucking blown to bits while in synch

Earth to manderf...

Perhaps you can't do it alone?

I keep telling you - hire an anti-city PPU. They can scout across zone borders to find you a good place to cross, that can keep you alive, they can go where you can't go and find the best way for you to get there.

Anyway, you're not going to find a way around them by jumping into a zone and hoping for the best.

Cyphor
30-03-04, 18:03

drones get bashed pretty hard by doy bots. I used a RG1000 and it got toasted pretty fast. Used a gal 1000, its faster and goes higher. Lasted like two shots. PB20 was next, didnt last but a few shots more then the gal.

That was against two doy bots. Now just think of 40. lol

rofl :lol:

your right i have no idea whats up there :rolleyes:

http://freespace.virgin.net/ewan.jamescampbell/doy2.jpg

Try getting a droner who has been droning since before their boost to help you ;) Seems the influx of new droners need to get aquanted with how their new toys work :rolleyes:

Now as for 40; if every part of every zone has 40 doy bots packed in then that pretty much means each zone must contain thousands...lets not talk bollocks. There are groups of around 40 to 50 normally around a focal point in a zone, doy ent, graves etc...

Now as for your drones you are using player built ones arent you O_o :p :lol: i've been hunting doy bots alot lately solo on my droner takes roughly 2 part nem launches to kill them and can take 2 at once, not tried 3 as no real point when hunting for loot. As for how a drone can handle the agro for a test i fired a aoe drone into the middle of the camp seen above managed to get half a clip off before they blew up the drone :eek: :rolleyes:

As for 150 rezzes, these zones arent ment for younger chars, a well setup tank can outheal 2 or 3 doy bots with a good ppu on him with heal sanctum heal and buffs.

Biznatchy
30-03-04, 18:41
Originally posted by hivemind
Did you not read my post? I was in a team of runners, all city factions except one APU, who helped a Biotech tank do this epic Sunday night.

We had 1 PPU.

We had one jeep (which we abandoned early on)

We all lived until he finished the mission, at which point we didn't much care anymore. I went on a sprint to draw aggro while everyone else ran like a bastard straight south from Loba Village. They all escaped except one other APU, who tapped out like I did (so the PPU would keep running :) )

All it took was some coordination. We used the one anti-city guy and a spy with an Obliterator to scout, and two APUs and three tanks to kill the few we had to get out of the way. DOY bots have a very small range to see you and go aggro. It's not that hard to get by them if you're careful and work together.

SO
3 tanks
2 apus
2 spies
1 ppu

So you went up there with a op raiding party and made it in, congrats. If the avg joe could just get that many people to spend a few hours on one mission Cartel wouldnt own the entire map on saturn.

this is worthless results since most guys cant just summon that type of support for an epic.

kthxbye

Biznatchy
30-03-04, 18:45
rofl :lol:

your right i have no idea whats up there :rolleyes:

Your anti city faction, they dont aggro on you till you fire on them. Ive seen them have a pretty wide aggro range. Ya I know anti city runners that hunt doy bots all the time. Its easy when you can zone in and not be dead, pick the times you want them to shoot back.

Cyphor
30-03-04, 18:54
As for how a drone can handle the agro for a test i fired a aoe drone into the middle of the camp seen above managed to get half a clip off before they blew up the drone

That got their agro... and a droner can stealth in.

On pluto my rifle spy is tangent he manages just fine, stealth on zone borders, get as much cover as possible and just fall back when you need to heal...

As for the org. prob as i said a droner pref anti-city, doesnt need to be can draw them away.

SPIKE (pluto)
30-03-04, 19:31
Warning rant ahead:p

Recently there has been a distinct increase in doy bots, which is all very good story line wise, but really makes the biotech epic a pain in the ass. Ive been trying for loba for two days now and have never got as far as the surrounding sectors. Its all well and good saying 'sort ure ocn out' 'take a car' or 'take a different route' but all the surrounding sectors are twice as infected as the rest of them. My suggestion is either the moving of the npc or the removal of the doy bots from that area. Either way its not possible for anyone around rank 30 to preform the task without getting destroyed by 100's of doy bots at once. sort it out

Cyphor
30-03-04, 19:32
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95270

its discussed here

Marx
30-03-04, 19:44
SO
3 tanks
2 apus
2 spies
1 ppu

So you went up there with a op raiding party and made it in, congrats. If the avg joe could just get that many people to spend a few hours on one mission Cartel wouldnt own the entire map on saturn.

this is worthless results since most guys cant just summon that type of support for an epic.

kthxbye

1 ppu and 1 spy managed to do this... Anyone can do this if they're smart about it.

kthxbye

Jesterthegreat
30-03-04, 19:46

ok... i retract previous statement o_O

Marx
30-03-04, 19:49
1.) Hire an anti-city PPU. Great for scouting ahead to find paths through and great for keeping you alive.

2.) Try waiting for those elite STORMbots to be released around fridayish -- seeing as these DoY bots increased due to storyline, I would imagine that the STORMbots would be released due to the same principle.

Spartan
30-03-04, 20:12
That picture is nothing. Thats not even half the bots that were there over the weekend as I was trying to complete the epic. There were so many bots packed around the epic building that they couldn't even move.

SPIKE (pluto)
30-03-04, 20:26
With any luck that'll be the case. Right now theres so many of them they dont even fit in the zone bounadries, so 50% of the time ure ambushed from ure only exit

SPIKE (pluto)
30-03-04, 20:35
im tryin to do my bt epic atm, im usually blasted in the bak of the head from 10 or 20 bots outside the sector line:mad:

The number of them is really ou of control, and i cant see why they dont just move the npc to a safer zone like nemesis or sumthing

Kenjuten
30-03-04, 20:38
If nothing is done by Friday, I'll be in the process of making an Anti-City Rhino Vehicle service on all servers for those that need the Biotech Epic done.

No charge, I'm just interested in getting a way through this jam for people. :angel:

Cyphor
30-03-04, 20:38
Originally posted by Spartan
That picture is nothing. Thats not even half the bots that were there over the weekend as I was trying to complete the epic. There were so many bots packed around the epic building that they couldn't even move.

thats just a picture i took while hunting them but yes there may be more in other areas, as a rough count from the origional pic where you can make out the doy bots easier there is around 90-100 bots in the pic ;) it looks less as its from above.

Genty
30-03-04, 20:45
If you do that you would really need a lot of rhino tanks built. As if you have an enemy inside it will still attack it. 30 + DoY Bots vs a Rhino Tank and the DoY Bots are going to come out on top.

SPIKE (pluto)
30-03-04, 20:50
Anything that will get me through this epic i will be glad to try, just lost another hoverbike to those bastards:mad:

Omnituens
30-03-04, 21:18
well i got a TG driver, i can give people lifts to where they need to go.

Kenjuten
30-03-04, 21:19
Genty, I'll do what I can..others can of course help me out if they so wish. ;)

Of course, I'm starting this service out on my home server Pluto, so I'm sorry if the other servers will get my services rather late...

Omnituens
30-03-04, 21:30
im on saturn

and Kenjuten, your sig is fucking huge man, suprised nid hasnt slapped you yet.

hivemind
30-03-04, 21:36
Not my fault you got no friends.

None of the three tanks were capped, not nearly. My melee tank and the HC tank are like 75 CON, and the guy we were helping was a melee tank with a PoT. One APU, the spy, and the PPU were close to cap. Another APU wasn't even in PA.

This was an average group of runners recruited on the fly for a fun adventure, not a OP war raiding party.

Oath
30-03-04, 21:43
As for 150 rezzes, these zones arent ment for younger chars, a well setup tank can outheal 2 or 3 doy bots with a good ppu on him with heal sanctum heal and buffs.

If that was aimed at me then your wrong, i wasnt rezzed :p

It was a noob char yes,a PE with no shelter and BA 2 wich is why i died a lot, had i been higher level there would have been no problem, however since the increase in spawn i doubt even a capped player would make it alone.

Brammers
31-03-04, 01:50
If you need APC's give Phoenix a call (Pluto)

Kenjuten
31-03-04, 03:31
Omni, I was aware of the sig size BEFORE I reconstructed it...

I constructed my sig so that it BARELY passes the sig limit. 1024x768 res width limit, 6 lines, and it's 90 pixels high.

My sig is more of a service than a bragging tool, sorry if you felt otherwise. :(

But at least I have a unique sig. :D

Vithar
31-03-04, 05:41
Threads merged.

Vithar

manderf
31-03-04, 06:35
I looked for 4 days for a PPU to help me and no one offered

that was after constant trade spam and ooc asking...

i believe that can be attributed to there being 99 people on pluto at any given moment that im on it seems...

oh well forget this game - tata

Scikar
31-03-04, 10:09
You're going to quit because you can't do the epic for a few days? You think it's going to stay like this when it says in the Neocronicle there are tons of Elite Storm Bots waiting to go clean those zones out?

SPIKE (pluto)
31-03-04, 11:41
I dont htink they should be completley removed, as when the numbers were fair the epic was difficult but do-able. If all the doy bots were moved back a sect or two that would do the trick, but i do like the idea of the elite storm bots moving in, make the epic more tactical
Another way of doing it is o make BT neutral to doy for a short amount of time before a better soloution is put into place.

Oath
31-03-04, 11:46
Maybe, when the STORM bots do start going to pwn shit, there should be a pro city player force and an anticity player force event to coincide with it?

That'd fucking own, though the normal shit like some clans just being wankers for the sake of being wankers comes into play :(

SPIKE (pluto)
01-04-04, 11:13
Managed to get ym epic done last nite, had to 1mill to hire a capped tank and capped ppu as guards. The number round loba is rediculous, at least 150, with 5 inside the actual building with the npc, the tank died near the road and both me and the ppu died while trying to rezz him. It was done, but not with ease so if it doesnt get fixed, dont go alone, unless ure a ppu or stupid.

Sleawer
01-04-04, 13:28
The AI of those things is evil. I attacked one with my tank, friendly to them, and after zonning away I still had the aggro of the damn thing... hell it did not stop until I died.

I swear that after killing a Tangent mofo the bastards attacked also the Crahn PPU that was rezzing him. Dunno what the hell fuels that AI, but kudos to KK for it, now that's a real intelligent mob.

Nightbrother
01-04-04, 13:37
So apparently robots have the ability to distinguish PSI modules also? Heh. Maybe they do. Otherwise why would they attack an anti-city monk rezzing a pro-city person. :)

That's not intelligence. That just doesn't make sense, unless the robots have PSI module recognition.

Sleawer
01-04-04, 13:47
Duh don't ask me, I know it was cool but little more.

This story was in the time of New Dawn, so it's quite old.
We gathered a group of Tangent, Crahn and BD guys at 'El Farid' to attack FA/TG OPs in the North Eastern part of the map. After crossing some zones one of the TT APUs died, so our Crahn PPU started to rezz... 2 seconds later the wicked thing started to attack the PPU and made him run away lol.

The situation with my tank was near Loba Village; there was a group of DoY things and funny of me attacked them with AoE :p As I was Crahn I decided to not engage in combat I zoned away. The PPU that was with me wasn't attacked, but when I came back the bastard still had the aggro on me, so I died before the PPU noticed that I was still being attacked.

How the aggro of these things work.. I don't know mate. But I know that this is completely true. The only thing that can imagine is that we all were teamed, in both situations.

Nightbrother
01-04-04, 13:49
DOY does have PSI-module recognition implemented in their robots then. Maybe then they can also simulate modules themselves? Heh, DOY bots rezzing each other. ;)

Sleawer
01-04-04, 13:52
hehe.
Or maybe it is related to teams.

IE: you attack a DoY bot and zone away, but your team remains in the zone, the aggro is kept on you.

Not sure about the Rezz thing tho, some people in this thread rezzed others as anti-city ppus without being attacked (or I understood that). Is damage boost considered a weapon by the mob? maybe the PPU got attacked for that reason.

Siygess
01-04-04, 14:24
Why don't you have a word with the Biotech FC on (insert server name here) and ask them to lead an assault on the area. With the proper motivation, I'm sure the BT clans can spare an evening for the sake of the faction. Establish a beach head with 2 or 3 Rhinos, get some APC's in there and fight your way to the village.

I might try organising something similar for CA runners on Pluto because the Killer Copbot is surrounded by Regeants Mutants now. Not quite in the same league as the DoY bots, but equally lethal for low level characters trying to do the epic :D

Timster
01-04-04, 16:10
1: Trail GM's are appalling
===================

Well, I had a long chat with ferron last night (a trial gm whose excuses were so pathetic, he made me loose all faith in the gm’s future breed - oh please come back Moonunit, all is woeful without you m8y) about the BT epic.

And here’s what he came up with:

His one main excuse...the one reason why a whole section of player are unable to complete a mission....

'War'

:/

he used the excuse that 'this is war, war means players wont get to do things, eventually the fronts will change, but you have to wait til then'

SO...when I asked him what to do with my character who i spent the last 3 hours lvling faction sympathy and spent the 300k to go be BT to get the moveon chip...and what to do now with this char who is effectively stuck in limbo...he said it up to me what i do.

2: Trial Gm's think faction swapping is an EXPLOIT
===================================

And here’s the best bit...he said he’d ignore the fact that I faction hopped to get the moveon chip!!! As if it were SOME KIND OF EXPLOIT.

Now I ask you ladies and gentlemen...is this the right decision of a future gm? - To look on faction swapping as an exploit?

I think not. If it were an exploit then why is it even in the game eh?

So anyways, complaint email going to carbonite about him, but back to the topic at hand.

3: how to get it right, and then wrong - a view from a UK developer
=============================================

YES the number of NE bots has been building up, LAST week, there were no where near the volumes of NE bots in the J line of sectors from DoY, where were some, but not impossible amounts, this was fine, this was balanced as, there were so many around DoY that you couldn’t get near it, but you could still possibly get to the VIP locations 2 sectors away from DoY.

*** FOR HOLGER AND MJS - speaking as a UK developer and designer myself the above situation was fine, balanced, served the storyline, and still allowed players to play = good ***

BUT....now this has happened...they’ve upped the number of NE bots in the J line of sectors from DoY. This now causes massive problems to any BT runners, OR any runners wanting the moveon chip (vital to many types of players). It completely unbalances the situation as now pvp players who need a moveon are disadvantaged, the BT players cant even do the epic leaving many character stuck in limbo in the BT faction, you got very strange trial Gm's thinking swapping factions is an exploit (o_0), and since you’ve now stopped players from doing something critical to a lot of players, you’ve made them very very very angry - hell i almost cancelled my account last night and im someone who came back after a year away - and within 2 weeks you’ve almost made me cancel my account.

*** FOR HOLGER AND MJS - this is now VERY bad, why can’t you balance game play? I mean I could even rewrite you’re storyline documentation to stop you guys from screwing up so badly - as if you came to my desk with this above situation on a paper - 1st thing id say is how are BT runners going to do their epic? Go away and rewrite it. ***

There we go folks, hopefully well get through the Reakktor that once again they’ve screwed up, because they haven’t thought about it hard enough.

And ill make my very last point here - and its one that’s a killer blow to KK's excuses....

4: PREVIOUS (ALMOST) IDENTICAL EXAMPLE
===============================

you changed OZ jail.
you HAD to move the TT epic NPC max out so players could do their epic without getting killed.
WHY haven’t you done the same here?
you changed the J line sectors.
YOU should move the BT epic NPC beckert so players can do the epic.

its exactly the same thing. just you guys haven’t been bother to fix it.

so fix it.

5: How players can help fix this
======================

welp, there we have it, pretty irrefutable evidence of KK's failings once again, but they can fix it quite easily, and make all happy again. its up to them now to read, listen, learn, and not do again.

so how can the players help?

well, for starters, posting lots more on here is a good way, and emailing helpdesk@reakktor.com and CC'ing it to techstaff@reakktor.com. now, all developers know, emails get deleted, as soo as they read 'pls fix BT epic' it’ll get deleted (trust me on this - 70% of even the best developers do it, so i can almost guarantee it with KK)

so instead...if you live in Germany or near there...or hell even if you’re just THAT angry but live in outer Mongolia...CALL them.

CALL them and ask to speak to the lead storyline designer, ask to speak to MJS himself, and refuse to let go until someone speaks to you (and in your language too) their phone number is on www.reakktor.com.

so if you want to help get things fixed again, I ask all BT runners and people who are generally annoyed at this to fight the good fight and show Reakktor the error of their ways.

6: Last note of moderators
===================

I understand that at times, this post gets pretty close to the banning mark, but I don’t think I’ve stepped over the line considering the current state if things. If you do decide to delete my post or close the forums then you’ll be forcing me to find some other way to do things - a 'fixnc.com' website or something, or possibly make a petition to fix this, or put a poll up on the forums about it or something. I seriously don’t think my pos t warrants deleting as I think I’ve been fairly tame and tried to put my point across as calmly as possible.

regards,

Red.

(please note this post has been emailed to helpdesk@reakktor.com)

phunqe
01-04-04, 16:20
If you had a house with stuff in you must have and the house was in enemy territory.. what would you do then? Would you call God or the like to move your house to a more convenient location?

No, you either:

1. Fight and hope your side wins.
2. Sneak in.
3. Launch a massively coordinated strike just to get to your house and back.
4. Just wait until the war is over.

End of story.

Timster
01-04-04, 16:34
Originally posted by phunqe
If you had a house with stuff in you must have and the house was in enemy territory.. what would you do then? Would you call God or the like to move your house to a more convenient location?

No, you either:

1. Fight and hope your side wins.
2. Sneak in.
3. Launch a massively coordinated strike just to get to your house and back.
4. Just wait until the war is over.

End of story.

were not in the real world.

this is a game.

games are supposed to be fun.

with the last few weeks volumes of NE bots in the J line of sectors, getting through them was hard, but not impossible = good.

now its impossible = bad, bad, bad design for any game, not just nc.

on this note, im gonna go get a list of books you guys can buy from people who have made good games, and you can read about risk/reward gameplay for mmorpgs.

in the mean time, read the articles on www.gamasutra.com, theres some very good ones about how to make a game challenging and not aggravate a whole world of gamers.

phunqe
01-04-04, 16:40
I suppose I have a different view of proper RP then.
"Oh, the two cities as at war.. well let the gods (GMs) move things accordingly so things get easier"...

And yes, the obliterator is your friend. If you don't have one, hire someone who has.

jiga
01-04-04, 16:47
wow there are some real sensitive players in this thread

Timster
01-04-04, 16:56
And yes, the obliterator is your friend. If you don't have one, hire someone who has.

this is EXACLTY what i mean when i say TGM's arent great.

phunqe...NE bots are robot mobs.

stealth tools DO NOT WORK vs robot mobs.

TGM's dont even know how the game works :/

/me goes to email reakktor about this too.

phunqe
01-04-04, 16:58
Originally posted by Timster
this is EXACLTY what i mean when i say TGM's arent great.

phunqe...NE bots are robot mobs.

stealth tools DO NOT WORK vs robot mobs.

TGM's dont even know how the game works :/

/me goes to email reakktor about this too.

Apparently YOU don't know how the game works. Try a stealth tool against the DoY bots again, and then post your findings.
I use stealth against them ALL THE TIME!!

Please refrain from the clan references in the future.

Siygess
01-04-04, 17:02
Easy Phunqe, he means Trial GMs, not us ;)

At least, I hope so.. :D

Timster
01-04-04, 17:02
sorry my bad, thought your tgm ref. was trial gm. yup this was my mistake my bad. and ill admit that.

what server do you play? make a char on saturn if you dont have one, come to el farid village, ill even gr stealthed, and you can watch as i get shot.

then well ask someone else to do the same, well even get a rez for me and ill stealth in the scorpion pit and zone up, and watch me as i get shot.

stealth tools do not work against robot mobs.

thats a fact that is even in one of the patch notes somewhere.

if you play a game, at least read the patchnotes :rolleyes:

manderf
01-04-04, 17:03
I suppose I have a different view of proper RP then.
"Oh, the two cities as at war.. well let the gods (GMs) move things accordingly so things get easier"...

that's the problem

whenever i'm on there isn't a single PPU, droner, rhino driver, or obliterator spy around to help me since the fucking server populations are so low and such
and because no one wants to help someone else if they're not getting something out of it...fuck

screw role play, what of us who don't want to do it? i guess we'll all leave the game and leave you 5 or 6 people per server who actually give a fuck about roleplaying to have the whole world to yourselves.

phunqe
01-04-04, 17:05
Originally posted by Timster
sorry my bad, thought your tgm ref. was trial gm. yup this was my mistake my bad. and ill admit that.

what server do you play? make a char on saturn if you dont have one, come to el farid village, ill even gr stealthed, and you can watch as i get shot.

then well ask someone else to do the same, well even get a rez for me and ill stealth in the scorpion pit and zone up, and watch me as i get shot.

stealth tools do not work against robot mobs.

thats a fact that is even in one of the patch notes somewhere.

if you play a game, at least read the patchnotes :rolleyes:

Ok, excuse accepted :)

However, you must be bugged in some way. I use stealth around el farid all the time, and also for getting to the graves.
It works for me I promise, I'm not making it up.

Siygess
01-04-04, 17:05
Unless they changed something in the last patch, steal tools work fine against all mobs - until one of them see's you decloak. Then you can stealth as much as you like and they can still track and hit you.

Stealth works fine, but the application of stealth is the problem - if you can't be out of sight when your stealth drops, then you're as good as dead, and with all those J5's, finding that safe spot can be pretty challenging.

phunqe
01-04-04, 17:07
Originally posted by Siygess
Easy Phunqe, he means Trial GMs, not us ;)

At least, I hope so.. :D

Yeh, my bad as well... you're just so used to the general flaming/insults on the boards these days ;)

Sorry Timster.

manderf
01-04-04, 17:07
Not to mention that you can no longer zone while stealthed

that could be the other problem

it's like how the heal died when you zone and poison stacks die when you zone

your stealth will die when you zone too, even though it appears to remain on

hence you'll get shot and seen by players and mobs alike

phunqe
01-04-04, 17:09
Not to mention that you can no longer zone while stealthed

that could be the other problem

it's like how the heal died when you zone and poison stacks die when you zone

your stealth will die when you zone too, even though it appears to remain on

hence you'll get shot and seen by players and mobs alike

I have seen this problem. However, the stealth dropps only if you stealth just before you zone (i.e <1-2 seconds before). Then your stealth drops. If you stealth a couple of seconds before, it's still on. At least for me :)

L3m0n
01-04-04, 17:10
And here’s the best bit...he said he’d ignore the fact that I faction hopped to get the moveon chip!!! As if it were SOME KIND OF EXPLOIT.
IMO (and others) it is an exploit, you are yousing different fac missions and killing other runners to better yourself, now what ever way you look at it its rong you will not stay in BT so for the RP side of it your fucking up the whole system.
the BT epic is so easy to do its a joke for what the prize is at the end of it.
If your nibbish enough to go to a place where you know your are not friendly with the locals you dont go alone on a nib spy with 150hp! :rolleyes:
take a ppu and some skills and you will be fine :rolleyes:
loads of people (myself as one) have done the epic after the DOY bots have been put there, and yes it was hard but we did it.
Still dont get why people are crying over this?O_o

manderf
01-04-04, 17:13
Originally posted by L3m0n
IMO (and others) it is an exploit, you are yousing different fac missions and killing other runners to better yourself, now what ever way you look at it its rong you will not stay in BT so for the RP side of it your fucking up the whole system.
the BT epic is so easy to do its a joke for what the prize is at the end of it.
If your nibbish enough to go to a place where you know your are not friendly with the locals you dont go alone on a nib spy with 150hp! :rolleyes:
take a ppu and some skills and you will be fine :rolleyes:
loads of people (myself as one) have done the epic after the DOY bots have been put there, and yes it was hard but we did it.
Still dont get why people are crying over this?O_o \

have you done the epic in the last 5 days? if not then SHUT THE FUCK UP and read the rest of the thread, which states how over 300 bots have been added to the zones in the last 5 days

have you seen the screenshots? the screen is literally FILLED with red lasers and DOY bots at any point on the zone

FYI...i have skills as i've been playing for 2 years and have done this epic every few weeks since it was released, atleast 10 times...

i TRIED it with a PPU, both of us got wasted and i ran outa money to hire him again..

so READ this shit before you post arrogantly

Scikar
01-04-04, 17:35
What's with all the whining? Is it really so hard to wait a few days for the STORM Bots to come out and kick their asses? KK tries to add an immersive and believeable storyline and they get flamed because it makes one little mission a bit harder for a week?

The fact is, you're not really supposed to just join BT to do the epic and then bugger off. It's supposed to be a reward after you demonstrate your commitment to the faction.

That said, it's accepted that people are going to faction hop to complete the epics and obtain the items. But the point is, if KK really wanted to they could entirely justify specifying that you need more and more faction symp to do the epics, needing even 100 sympathy for the last epic mission. They could also require that you have been in the faction for a certain amount of time. But they don't. So be a little bit grateful, and maybe do something for BioTech while you're waiting for the STORM Bots to step in.

And in case you're wondering, I currently have a character waiting for that exact thing before I can complete the mission. But I don't see why there's such a big rush?

Timster
01-04-04, 17:45
lemon, in the last week alone theyve quadrupled the volume of NE bots in the J line of sectors.

pervious to this last week, yes there were NE bots around and yes, it wasnt very easy, but you could do it.

now, you seriously cant.

if you say you can, then ill dm you later on, and you can ppu me there, and youll see what i mean :(