PDA

View Full Version : Little Dome of York Politics Twist

NS_CHROME54
27-03-04, 23:42
Here's my idea:

Since Dome of York was originally captured and colonized by Neocron citizens, one of the more major factions in DoY should be "City Admin - Dome of York Division," a faction within Dome of York, a faction still loyal to CA and representing what's supposed to be the local government, but only in control of a small section of the city (this section would contain CA faction guards and a special DoY-skinned copbot). The real main anti-city faction in DoY should be something called "DoY Liberation Guild," who will in truth control most of Dome of York. All the other main factions in DoY will be allied, for the most part, to the guild.

Tell me what you think.

Furion
27-03-04, 23:52
hmm, i dont like the CA DOY division thing, CA should stay in neocron.

Opar
27-03-04, 23:56
CA DOY? There is gonna be a DoY faction, what more do you want?

ZoomZoom
27-03-04, 23:57
Would this faction be allied with the other factions in the doy city?

I think everyone should be able to live in doy for the first month then have a patch update because everyone will want to see the new city and all

NS_CHROME54
27-03-04, 23:59
ca doy would be enemies with doy.

look at it this way. inside of neocron, controlled by the "city faction", you have anti-"city" factions. wouldn't things be more interesting if in doy you had anti-"anti-city" factions?

Opar
27-03-04, 23:59
Originally posted by ZoomZoom
Would this faction be allied with the other factions in the doy city?

I think everyone should be able to live in doy for the first month then have a patch update because everyone will want to see the new city and all

Agreed.

LiL T
28-03-04, 00:39
No think about it think of the new players that start in doy is it gonna be nice if trigger happy anti city runs in to lvling spot. Then goes about shooting CA loyal faction runners in faction fighting and allied faction fighting pisses people off. It does not work it ruins fun try playing TG on saturn its really becoming stupid FA clan raiding TG WTF?

I like the story and stuff but anti city vs pro city inside one city will just make things messed up which is what we have now on saturn. I just don't know who to shoot in pepper park sometimes FA and CM fighting BD TG and FA fighting BD but TG not allied to CM so TG killing CM and FA go eek don't kill our CM friends kill BD erm its not working

Marx
28-03-04, 00:40
Originally posted by NS_CHROME54
Here's my idea:

Since Dome of York was originally captured and colonized by Neocron citizens, one of the more major factions in DoY should be "City Admin - Dome of York Division," a faction within Dome of York, a faction still loyal to CA and representing what's supposed to be the local government, but only in control of a small section of the city (this section would contain CA faction guards and a special DoY-skinned copbot). The real main anti-city faction in DoY should be something called "DoY Liberation Guild," who will in truth control most of Dome of York. All the other main factions in DoY will be allied, for the most part, to the guild.

Tell me what you think.

The problem is this.

The Dome of York was taken under the Psi-monk regime before the 'City Admin' even existed.

The City Administration and NCPD were formed under orders of President Reeza shortly after he along with several members of the Twilight Guardian who were loyal to him took control - And formed a dictatorship instead of a proper democracy as he had originally promised to do. The Twilight Guardians who had helped him get to power were arrested and executed, and the remainder forced from the city.

//-edit And the histories allude to a general communications breakdown between NC and DoY before Reeza made his move. After conquering the city, the Psi Monks no longer had a reason to know about them or care about them... DoY was left to rot and die seeing as they no longer had protection from radiation and the poisons of the wastelands (The dome had been cracked open).

40$Poser
28-03-04, 00:46
Originally posted by Opar
CA DOY? There is gonna be a DoY faction, what more do you want?

yeah, I think DoY faction will be enough.